Cube:Zero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I watched "Cube:Zero" this morning and I have to say, it was pretty damn cool, IMO. It shed a lot of light on the origins and operations of the Cube complex, tied in with the original, and it was even a little more Sci Fi than the first. It more than made up for the disappointment in "Hypercube".

For those who are curious, and haven't seen it, "The Cube" is basically a government experiment slash alternative program for those whom they consider threats to society, i.e. activists, criminals, ex-convicts. As an alternative to jail time or the death penalty, these people have their memory wiped and have a cerebral control chip implanted, but not before they sign their life away, so to speak, for the experiment.

It's a Lion's Gate original that sort of took the same approach as "Ginger Snaps", with the trilogy finale being a prequel. Pretty well crafted and acted conclusion to the "Cube" franchise. Give it a look see if not for the opening death. It's a gorehound's dream.

yes

Darth_Big_Boy
I was wondering around Cube: ZEro. I loved the first but hated "Hypercube". I will grab this today at Hollywood.

Pandemoniac
Cube:Zero really made up for the disappointment of Hypercube! It has the same feeling and atmosphere of the first Cube movie, with really good effects and gore. Not like the time/dimension warping crap they pulled in Hypercube. And we get a cool peak behind the curtain of the organisation responsible for the cube-project.
If you liked the first Cube, go watch this!

Zilverz
is Hypercube the true ending to the series ?

Cinemaddiction
I'd imagine so. You can't exactly have the original, the sequel, a prequel, then jump back to AFTER "Hypercube".

Wendigo
Not unless theres a cube 3 A seaqual to cube 2

Cinemaddiction
That's precisely what I said wouldn't make any sense. Go from the original, to years later, back to a year or so before the original, then skip back to AFTER "Hypercube".

No.

Zilverz
thanx cine, i really liked the first one ... guess ill watch Zero ... and then prepare myself to withstand hypercube .. just so i can have some closure

Smasandian
Wow, I didnt know that this Canadian movie had alot of viewers. Its exciting actually.

Sadako of Girth
There is a strong undergorund following of it in the UK.... Definitely a classic that comes up in movie conversation regularly....

I personally think the first is best, then cube zero, then sick "Hypercube"
(Which I agree with you guys totally about....)

Yeah I really liked Zero....

Pandemoniac
Got quite a bunch of guys here in The Netherlands who are really big fans of the movie too! It's in every rental store here. Go Canada!

Darth Odious
I didn't think Hypercube was that bad..what I want to know is how is hypercube expalined compared to the low tect versions of Cube and it's prequel Zero. Hypercube seemed to exist in some microscopic way than the typical underwater facilitly. Maybe I'm off a little bit but then again thats why I'm asking.

Darth Odious
One thing about the Cube I think alot of people forget is that no one is really supposed to escape the cubes. Hypercube was more sadistic in it's design I think showing that some cubes are nothing more than cruel death sentences. yet when someone does make it out( and I'm sure it's designed to make it a rare thing) of any of these more complex design(hypercube), they are most likely brain washed after and used for their problem solving skills in some high position which will help create an even more unrelenting design, which in turn would require a winner with an even higher intelligence is I think the real reason for the creation of the cubes. But I think killing the prisioners; that is just a by products of what Cube can do. Killing two bird with one stone. Eliminate the corrupt in which society can never outright do, and use the most corrupt genius of of mind that can escape the Cube to help build even more challenging constructs of death,scientific achievments to become godlike without the mass disapproval and jealously of the people,competing alies and enemies. The true goal of it all is to build up the ultimate warriors of mind, body, and weapons design. I think by the time the world catches on, the creators of the cubes will be too powerful to overcome and to reject as well. Think of like people creating almost Death Star like technology under the nose of the normal goverment who would still be considered in the dark ages when it came to science and defense. Zero already showed that people are chosen as soldiers( with the green eyes, completely under mind control). By hypercube they must have legioins of soldiers. Then again maybe by the time Hypercube is around, the designers already rule the world.

curly 10
I did enjoy cube zero to an extent but i found the acting a bit off and the storyline slightly ridiculous. I think they should have maintained more mystery- the idea that Brain Man thought that people signed consent forms and was shocked to discover the opposite is ridiculous. The character with the diamond in his tooth ( cant remember name) is laughable and adds nothing but tacky predictability to the film. Also when the woman escapes where does her daughter appear from- has she been in the woods all along- I thought she was captured along with her mother. i think in an attempt to give fans answers the makers got it slightly wrong and ended up making mistakes. Does anyone else agree all I can find is people saying how brilliant it is. Happy Dance

faradayslaw
Well I loved the original, and I thought Hypercube was just one big special effect movie. Geraint Wynn-Davies (who was great in tv's Forever Knight) was the only thing I liked about it. I'm hoping to watch Cube: Zero this week sometime.....

Wolfie
I really liked the first one, never saw the other two. I think I should check this one out now.
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
For those who are curious, and haven't seen it, "The Cube" is basically a government experiment slash alternative program for those whom they consider threats to society, i.e. activists, criminals, ex-convicts. As an alternative to jail time or the death penalty, these people have their memory wiped and have a cerebral control chip implanted, but not before they sign their life away, so to speak, for the experiment.
So was this explained in Cube Zero? There were a few innocent people in the Cube in the first movie (the doctor, the college student, the retarded guy).

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, Cube: Zero answers everything.

Dreadlord_913
I have to say it was pretty good. The others seemed really obsolete in comparison but it was okay none the less.

adamsinger77
i love all three movies but cube zero is kinda lost at the end and riddled with mistakes.

::spoilers::

in the first film the retards name was kazam, in zero his name is magicly wynn?

first film the doctor that stops kazam from hitting his head on the wall was not a fat black lady but a thin white lady.

there where 4 people in that green room when they found the retard not 3.

also the doors to the rooms where square not round.

i can keep on going over all the mistakes but i rather not.

i did love this and the other two more then anything and besides the mistakes this prequil makes an amazing movie!!

big gay kirk
The thing I liked most about Cube was the fact that nothing was explained.... nobody survived, and we didn't even find out why any of them were in there... I always assumed the film was metaphorical rather than literal, and have studiously avoided all subsequent films, preferring to leave it as the stand alone movie it should always have been.... something indefinable woulkd be lost from the experience by explaining it.... and now i know that someone just makes it the standard "evil corrupt govt" thing, I'm glad i've not taken the time to see 2 and zero....

Wolfie
I just rented this. I thought it was pretty cool. I loved the ending.

What was wrong with Hypercube?

BackFire
Hypercube was awful, it was more or less the same thing as Cube, just shitified.

The neat thing about the original is how they didn't even try to answer questions as to what exactly it was, and I think it's better like that. It gave the movie a plausable feeling, very eerie.

After watching what I could of hypercube....I don't really care about cube zero.

Wolfie
I enjoyed Hypercube (except the ending) 'cause it was like the original, just with a different approach, a lot more sci-fi-like. The alternate dimensions and weird traps (the thing that shredded that one guy) I thought were cool.

big gay kirk
Originally posted by BackFire
Hypercube was awful, it was more or less the same thing as Cube, just shitified.

The neat thing about the original is how they didn't even try to answer questions as to what exactly it was, and I think it's better like that. It gave the movie a plausable feeling, very eerie.

After watching what I could of hypercube....I don't really care about cube zero.

glad its not just me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.