The Passive And Indifferent Music Discussion Page.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moonunit
Discuss, what is a bad band these dark strange days?

Alpha Centauri
In my opinion there are different degrees.

Franz Ferdinand. I think this band are bad in the literal sense because all their music is extremely samey, no facet of the music stands out to me, it's all too stuff and cardboard-ey. However, I have nothing drastically against them because they're not doing anything wrong. They're a Brit-Pop band, self-acclaimed. I think their shit but that's where it stops.

Bands like Simple Plan who are record company b*tches with no real truth or honesty in the music, no talent, no independance, no honour or respect, they are a bad band who I have a strong dislike for.

Basically, whether I think you're a shit band or not, if you're being honest with the music, I'll just deafen my ears to you and pretend you don't exist. If you disrespect the art, then you earn my dislike and disgust.

It's different for everyone. Integrity, honesty, morality and talent are all things that I like in my bands though.

-AC

Moonunit
IF you didn't have such a photoshop sig I feel we would get on well.

smittenkitten
Man...who cares?

-Smitten Kitten-

Lana
Originally posted by Moonunit
IF you didn't have such a photoshop sig I feel we would get on well.

1) I MADE that sig miffed
2) what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with what AC said -- if they make shit for shit's sake, then I'll probably hate it. If they make shit music but honestly make it because its what they love to do, then I might not like the music but I won't necessarily hate the group.

Moonunit
Wow sorry...

jaden101
i agree with the point about Franz Ferdinand being poor but thats merely from my point of view...nothing about their music grabs my attention at all...its indifference to it that i feel

i guess its time for me to say that i really dont like green day...the guys voice gets on my nerves in a major way and they are the band responsible for the wave of crap american west coast pop punk drivel that i cant stand

Alpha Centauri
Yeah that's true.

Then again, Metallica are responsible for a thousand and one shit bands coming out, but can't blame em. Isn't their fault.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.