marv vs wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
remember marv can seem to take a lot of pain like wolvie, and doesnt go dwon easily, who'd win

srankmissingnin
Marv would be a good fight fore the Punisher... if the Punisher's arsenal was cut down. Against Wolverine he gets gutted like a fish.

jplatinum
Pretty much.

MERCILOUS
I think Marv would lose an arm but still pull out a temporary victory. I'd leave it 50/50.

OtterVomit
Marv's a tough SOB but he still falls to Wolverine, IMO.

radioboy121
Wolverine wins. But Marv's character was hilarious in Sin City. He reminded me a little of Tombstone (with less durability) and was surely one of the toughest characters in the movie, but he was taken down without any special weapons by Elijah Wood in what appeared to be a "Wonder Man" type shirt.

wolverine8888
marv would lose with out even hitting wolverine

MERCILOUS
Marv only went down to things that Wolverine would go down to, The only difference is the healing.

leotorthegreat
they both can take a lot of pain no doubt about it but wolverine wins this fight everytime. The X-factor in this fight is wolverines ability to heal.they will just beat each other down until marv starts to run out of energy and he will mess up and wolverine will take his head off

Orestes
I'd have to ask how much you're cutting down Frank's arsenal if you want him to throw down with Marv. Frank fighting Marv in hand-to-hand is going to look a helluva a lot like Frank fighting the Russian. He'll need any and every weapon he can manage to get his hands on, and if all he gets is his bare hands, he's screwed.

But yeah, this fight is right up Wolverine's alley. He's just too durable to lose, and he comes with built-in melee weapons to boot. Not really a fair match there.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Orestes
I'd have to ask how much you're cutting down Frank's arsenal if you want him to throw down with Marv. Frank fighting Marv in hand-to-hand is going to look a helluva a lot like Frank fighting the Russian. He'll need any and every weapon he can manage to get his hands on, and if all he gets is his bare hands, he's screwed.

But yeah, this fight is right up Wolverine's alley. He's just too durable to lose, and he comes with built-in melee weapons to boot. Not really a fair match there.
Indeed. Marv is tough and strong, that's about it. Wolverine is much tougher and stronger.

He even doesn't need his claws.

Juntai
Wolverine.

roughrider
Marv is a funnier version of Roughhouse, but will regret fighting in close with Wolvie.
Marv: C'mon punk get personal that's right I can take what you got...
Wolverine:*snikt*( slices from the stomach upwards to the chest)
Marv: Bwaggh! Ahh...oh shit...
Wolverine: How's it feel, Bub?

Marv dies.

jgiant
Wolvierine wins^. Punisher wins.

Orestes
Originally posted by who?-kid
Indeed. Marv is tough and strong, that's about it. Wolverine is much tougher and stronger.

He even doesn't need his claws.

I disagree on that last note. Marv is a ringer -- I know Wolverine's supposed to be "peak" human in strength with his adamantium, but I'd say Marv is STILL stronger. He's low-level meta in strength and natural durability. Kind of like Bean from Riding Bean (anime/manga stuff), who is ALSO stronger than Wolverine despite Wolverine being "peak human."

The problem is that (a) Wolverine has a healing factor, (b) Wolverine's bones can't be broken (at least not by Marv), and (c) Wolverine is always armed. So while Marv couldn't do more than at most shake Wolverine up a little bit, Wolverine would meanwhile be able to inflict lethal wounds with every swipe. BUT ... you take the claws out of the equation, and this actually becomes a real fight, imo.

As for Punisher winning -- with weapons, yes (even if Marv also has weapons). Unarmed, hell no.

jgiant
Hell no...now i wouldn't go that far, don't count frank out he beat the Russian...

Orestes
Originally posted by jgiant
Hell no...now i wouldn't go that far, don't count frank out he beat the Russian...

Dude, he beat the Russian by using improvised weapons (and his brain -- something Batman gets all the credit for using but Frank uses more creatively, imo). He didn't just throw down against him in a straight fistfight and win for the very good reason that he couldn't have.

That's all I'm saying: that if Frank's forced to use only his fists, he's in serious trouble. In fact, he's just screwed.

If he starts with no gear but can at least use his environment and whatever improvised tools he can find (trash can lids, bricks, rusty nails or whatever), then his chances improve dramatically. And the more he has access to his arsenal, the better his chances get.

A fully armed and prepared Punisher would rip Marv apart, no problem. But get real: he's no match unarmed and with nothing around he can use as weapons. He's a weapons guy, not an elite martial artist.

jgiant
Hey im as real as it gets bub...and when is there nothing in the enviornment, if they fight in a special room with nothing in it prepared just for this no weapons fight maybe...what i was trying to say is that pun would get served 9/10 times in a h2h fight, their is always a chance something will pop up like a hot pizza...

Orestes
Originally posted by jgiant
Hey im as real as it gets bub...and when is there nothing in the enviornment, if they fight in a special room with nothing in it prepared just for this no weapons fight maybe...what i was trying to say is that pun would get served 9/10 times in a h2h fight, their is always a chance something will pop up like a hot pizza...

Well then I guess we agree. wink

Now if it's just straight hand-to-hand, though, I'd like to see how it'd go with Marv versus Cassandra Cain.

Personally, I think she could take him, though not with ease. cool

It's too bad she became a Bat-twit. She'd've been an amazing assassin, especially if she'd continued weapons training and incorporated that into her approach.

jgiant
Thats a hard one, Cass is pretty crazy when it comes to fighting, marv can take alot of punishment, but he is not agile and that may be his downfall i would give the slight advantage to Cass..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.