Darkseid vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RobWolf27
X men's Villian magneto vs JLU's Villian

Mainstream
If it's the JLU Darkie (from the hit cartoon series) I vote Magneto..Darkseid is soooooooooooo overrated.

Draco69
Darkseid would win. Omega Beams.

Mainstream
I forgot about omega Beam. the can teleport, destroy or damage just about anything..they have no known weakness..though I saw Wonder woman deflect an omega blast in a Superman Batman comic once.

Draco69
That's because her silver bracelets are forged from Zeus's Aegis Shield. Think Thor's hammer.

Mainstream
sooooo magical stuff can deflect the beams is what your saying right.

Draco69
Certain magical stuff. It has to be reeeeally high-order for it to happen.

Mainstream
you think Juggerant's armor could deflect an omega beam

Draco69
It should.

Mainstream
I notice you said should and not " hell yeah it would" or something like that.

Draco69
Diana's bracelets are forged from unearthly materials by extremely cosmic being called the Greek Gods. Juggs armour is forged from unearthly materials by the god Cy. Who knows what could happen. It's debatable. But I'm leaning on Jugg's armour since it has buffered hits from Thor.

Mainstream
yeah...I read up on Juggy bio on www.uncannyxmen.net on that I think.

Beyonder
Magneto does somewhat well; but if Darkseid is not in jobber mode, the Omega Effect would decimate Magneto in everyway.

Darkseid wins.

Lord S
From what I've read, the Omega Effect doesn't work very well on Marvel characters...it was COMPLETELY useless against Galactus. Then again Magneto is not Galactus (no matter how hard his fanboys argue) and Darkseid should be able to find another way to tear him apart. Darkseid (when he's not Jobberseid) is usually considered equal to Thanos...though Thanos is stronger, IMO.

Beyonder
In that same issue his beams were actually damaging Silver Surfer. That's more than Magneto can do and more than Magneto can take.

Lord S
Oh yes, I forgot!

RobWolf27
So Darksid is the victor. Ok good ,to bad there wasn't a video game like this Comic Versus game. A fighting Game with every known comic book character.

Victor Von Doom
Darkseid for me. Weird how you can say he's overrated, forget the Omega Effect, yet then remember its features to amazing extremes.

Lord S
Yeah I agree...now that EA is in bed with Marvel, Capcom should hook up with DC and create a new set of Versus games with DC characters. It would be amazing! Imagine JLA, Bane, Darkseid, Doomsday, etc.

Beyonder
http://pub59.ezboard.com/fwarmachinemadnessfrm17
http://dc-vs-marvel.cjb.net/

Draco69
This looks REALLY cool but how do you play the game?

Beyonder

Draco69
Thanks. It looks VERY confusing. But I'm willing to work at it.

RobWolf27
I would want a Ps2 game like that.

kgkg
Darksied vs Magneto

demigawd
This happened before. It was current Darkseid against X-men #1 Magneto (the weakest one). Magneto managed to hurt Darkseid with a blast, then inexplicably flew neck first into Darkseid's hand. I don't know why.

Comparing the best of Darkseid to the best of Magneto, Darkseid wins easily. Comparing average Darkseid to average Magneto, Darkseid also wins easily.

Comparing CURRENT Darkseid to CURRENT Magneto, and Magneto cleans his clock.

Xplosive
Darkseid easily in all version. demigawd, you think CURRENT Magneto would defeat CURRENT Darkseid, yeah right, Darkseid wins. Generally, Darkseid wins easliy.

demigawd
Current Darkseid is basically a weaker, slower version of Superman with some sort of special eyebeams. Magneto beats Superman, Superman beats Darkseid, so Magneto beats Darkseid.

Xplosive
Originally posted by demigawd
Current Darkseid is basically a weaker, slower version of Superman with some sort of special eyebeams. Magneto beats Superman, Superman beats Darkseid, so Magneto beats Darkseid.

Superman doesn't beat Darkseid, Magneto doens't beat Suerpman, and generally (and we must sperk generally) Dakrseid is more powerful than Magteno and you also know it.

Beyonder
Yeah well, why is Darkseid stuck into the Source Wall if Superman didn't defeat him? Does Darkseid have some kind of sick fetish with being stuck into a wall?

Draco69
Blame Jeph Loeb for Darkseid's easy defeat.

The man has no respect for continuity.

demigawd
Oh man, you're right...I DO know it. Wha...what was I thinking?

Oh wait...that's right, I must be thinking about the time Superman DESTROYED Darkseid in Superman/Batman by punching a HOLE in his arm.

No? Could it be that time Darkseid hit Superman as hard as he could over and over, then Superman just got up and said, "Are you done yet?"

Or...no, it must be when Superman beat Darkseid so badly that Darkseid couldn't see anymore, because his eyes were swollen shut. Yeah, that's the one!

And of course, there's the time that Polaris, using Magneto's powers, COMPLETELY raped superman AND the rest of the JLA with extreme ease.

Yes, I'd definitely say Supes beats Darkseid and Magneto beats Supes. Sorry, Magneto beats Darkseid too now. I'd say, "And you know it", but I don't have that much hope for you.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Draco69
Blame Jeph Loeb for Darkseid's easy defeat.

The man has no respect for continuity.

I'll praise him instead.

See, people use to refer to Thanos as a copy of Darkseid. That Darkseid was the god the devil prays to. Thanos is not a match for a creation of Kirby. That the Omega Effect would erase Thanos from existence even if Thanos was banned from Death's realm.

Well, now Darkseid couldn't even handle Superman. Thanos' stock is elevating ever more so while Darkseid's stock is dropping after ever pummel Superman gives him.

Again, mark my words. DC is working on a third beat down of Darkseid by Superman. Just you wait.

Draco69
So Darkseid's degradation is Thanos' benefit?

I don't think Darkseid should have been defeated. His entire history and potential is down the toilet because of him.

Jeph Loeb has no respect for continuity. Batman defeating Lady Shiva as it were nothing. Superman somehow breaking Diana's unbreakable bracelets with a single short range punch when even Parallax and Imperiux couldn't. Sad really.

Xplosive
Darkseid has to be defeated, he is bad guy, but Darkseid is easily more powerful than Magneto.

Beyonder
GOOOOOO SUPERMAN!

demigawd
Don't just blame Loeb. Superman has made a habit out of beating Darkseid over the past five years.

kgkg
Originally posted by Xplosive
Darkseid has to be defeated, he is bad guy, but Darkseid is easily more powerful than Magneto.

lol strong bad guys get beat by trick or gang up.

but in this case Darkseid get's beat by superman in a fight (no cheating)

-some example Magneto, thanos etc even then they are holding there own and kicking ass.

Darkseid's days are over , at one point this guy use to be a bad mofo now he is target practice for superman.

Magneto wins.

and that crossover of Darkseid vs Thanos resulting in a tie , is as lame as Wov beating lobo.

True Sinister
Darkseid. This is like comparing a soldier to an ant. This very thread has mention of Darkseid previously winning.

True Sinister
Originally posted by kgkg
lol strong bad guys get beat by trick or gang up.

but in this case Darkseid get's beat by superman in a fight (no cheating)

-some example Magneto, thanos etc even then they are holding there own and kicking ass.

Darkseid's days are over , at one point this guy use to be a bad mofo now he is target practice for superman.

Magneto wins.

and that crossover of Darkseid vs Thanos resulting in a tie , is as lame as Wov beating lobo. Thanos and Darkseid should be held as equals.

GalacticStorm
Magneto

dvampire
Darkseid with ease.

jinzin
i would say this...magneto has a shot at taking him down and out...a very good shot at that...but here in lies the problem for him...darksieds physical durability is something that magneto will be hard pressed to get past....not that he can't I certainly think he could school darkseid easily if not for the omega beams...see the thing is...any time magnus takes in using his powers....darkseid could have just blasted him into sinders before mags really gets a chance to get going.....darkseid doesn't even have to be aiming at magneto to hit him with the damned things....now will magneto's sheild hold up? it's possible....but for how long...he launches more than 3 or 4 attacks and magneto's down...if not substancially weakened...he has to use his power to it's full extent to take those kinds of shots and be unharmed....but it will drain him...where as the use of darkseid's beams are at his disposal without worry of the same ill effects.......

Lord S
Anyone know which issue these two fought in?

jinzin
dc vs. marvel access unlimited number 4 not much of a fight though.....

True Sinister
how the hell do we have 2 of these threads?

True Sinister
how the hell do we have 2 of these threads?

whirlysplat
Magic

Lord S
'Azguardian' magic!

True Sinister
Originally posted by Lord S
'Azguardian' magic! try typing with your feet and see how good u are

Lord S
I'd still spell it right.

Sentry
Originally posted by Beyonder
In that same issue his beams were actually damaging Silver Surfer. That's more than Magneto can do and more than Magneto can take.

Darkseid shot Surfer in the back when he was busy slapping the sh!t out of Orion. If Surfer had seen it and countered with his blast, he would have stopped it.

Back to the topic, Darkseid should win. But if written like he is now, he loses.

whirlysplat
His beams took of surfers skin, just like when Darkie beat up Thanos big grin

Jvenom
Magneto's shield has stood up to Galactus' power in the past so does anyone know if it could stand up to the omega beams. If so Magneto could beat Darksied

Cameron Scott
Even if Magneto's shields can somehow deflect Darkseid's beams, Darkseid still has myraids of powers to choose from. When Darkseid isn't jobbing, he has created a Silver Surfer level being called Stayne whose sole purpose is to take Takion down. Even if Darkseid couldn't erase Magneto from existence somehow(which I doubt), Darkseid can always transmute him into a pig, or convert to his true form, which is that of a Promethean Giant. Now really, if Darkseid can create beings that can manipulate all four forces of hte universe it isn't illogical to say Darkseid could manipulate Magneto's powers.

Current Darkseid is destroyed though.

emraldguardian
I say Darkseid losing to Current Superman is pretty reasonable and i think Darkseid is still pretty tough but if you havent noticed Superman is starting to get pretty ridiculous i mean he flew darkseid to the sun in seceonds which would mean that he was moving hundreds of times faster then the speed of light, second in their most recent fight if you didnt notice the fight took place pretty much on the sun so i mean Superman had a huge advantage. So i mean sure Darkseid isnt the god that he use to be but just because he lost to Superman doesnt make him a sissy either cause i mean its Superman.

o yea Darkseid wins this

Jvenom
I never knew he was so powerful. How the Hell did you lose to Superman?

Avalonofthewind
Darkseid wins just by looking at him. He teleports mags into an empty section of space and mags dies.

dvampire
Originally posted by Jvenom
I never knew he was so powerful. How the Hell did you lose to Superman?

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/8695/untitled198dl0fu.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/9592/untitled387nm6uq.jpg

Superman is the stuff!laughing

Draco69
Go to my Darkseid Respect Thread. Darkseid owns.

yahman
Originally posted by demigawd
Oh man, you're right...I DO know it. Wha...what was I thinking?

Oh wait...that's right, I must be thinking about the time Superman DESTROYED Darkseid in Superman/Batman by punching a HOLE in his arm.

No? Could it be that time Darkseid hit Superman as hard as he could over and over, then Superman just got up and said, "Are you done yet?"

Or...no, it must be when Superman beat Darkseid so badly that Darkseid couldn't see anymore, because his eyes were swollen shut. Yeah, that's the one!

And of course, there's the time that Polaris, using Magneto's powers, COMPLETELY raped superman AND the rest of the JLA with extreme ease.

Yes, I'd definitely say Supes beats Darkseid and Magneto beats Supes. Sorry, Magneto beats Darkseid too now. I'd say, "And you know it", but I don't have that much hope for you.

It wasn't so long ago.... E.G. OWAW that there was a total role reversal. Always thought Darksied was a really cool character. Such a waste. sad

Two Questions:

1.When did Darksied start becoming a Jobber

2. What other powers does he have, except Super strength, super speed, invulnerability and the Omega effect ?
Back during the Pre Crisis age, he had all the powers of a marvel Sky father, has he shown powers on this level since ?

yahman
Originally posted by Jvenom
Magneto's shield has stood up to Galactus' power in the past so does anyone know if it could stand up to the omega beams. If so Magneto could beat Darksied

When did this happen ?

dvampire
Originally posted by Draco69
Go to my Darkseid Respect Thread. Darkseid owns.

He does indeed! smile

dvampire
Originally posted by yahman
It wasn't so long ago.... E.G. OWAW that there was a total role reversal. Always thought Darksied was a really cool character. Such a waste. sad

Two Questions:

1.When did Darksied start becoming a Jobber

2. What other powers does he have, except Super strength, super speed, invulnerability and the Omega effect ?
Back during the Pre Crisis age, he had all the powers of a marvel Sky father, has he shown powers on this level since ?

Hes not even a jobber. confused Point is Superman has gotten alot stronger. I still think Darksied is a bad***, but I don't consider him a wimp just because he lost to Superman. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.