Current Magneto vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Current Magneto is the one showing in Excalibur. It's been revealed that Magneto has been holding back his whole life out of a sense of guilt because he always knew what he was doing was wrong. But now that his daughter is in trouble, he's unleashed and using his powers to his potential. That so far includes:

creation of wormholes/black holes
manipulation of reality
control of quantum matter
mind control
the ability to create stellar fission and generate the energy of a star.

So let's see how current Magneto does (no prep) against:

Apocalypse

Hulk

Juggernaut

Exodus

Sersi

Thor

Superman

Shaman Nate

Uber Cable

Silver Surfer

kgkg
he ain't beating silver surfer , uber cable

kgkg
he will beat

Apocalypse
Juggernaut
Hulk
Thor
Superman

demigawd
Wow, he beats Thor but not Exodus or Sersi? Interesting....

kgkg
ok i will give reason for all of them hold up.

kgkg
Apocalypse- already been ripped

Hulk - well his only brute nothing mag can't handle

Juggernaut - blackhole , mental attacks

Exodus - his psionic powers might be able to hold mag , but his gonna down also

Sersi - if thor can do it so can he

Thor - well this will be a good battle to see , if thor goes all out who knows

Superman - going down

Shaman Nate - shaman Nate wins too powerful

Uber Cable - God like cable too powerful for mag.

Silver Surfer - this guy is beyond magneto

K3VIL
Someone here I don't care who, can tell me since when Magneto has become a sort of god?I need a full complete explanation.

Draco69
Go to uncannyx-men.net for summaries and details.

Arachnoidfreak
bout time Magneto used his full potential, but the mind control thing is a stretch, even for me to admit.

Alpha Centauri
Such is the trend in X-Men and Co, comics.

He'd beat Apocalypse, pretty confident he could beat Superman (version depending). I'm not too sure he could beat Thor or Hulk.

He's not beating Surfer, probably not Uber Cable. Not Shaman Nate

He'd make a mockery of Juggernaut.

-AC

kgkg
Originally posted by demigawd
Wow, he beats Thor but not Exodus or Sersi? Interesting....
i wasn't done lol i re-did all battle with results

demigawd
He's done mind control before, but I thought the writers forgot about it. I think Uncannhy #15 (yeah, WAAAAAAAY back in the day) he had something called "magnetic hypnosis". He used it to re-program Warren's parents and send them to set a trap. He used it to free Beast from Doom's mind-control during the storyline where Magneto stopped Doom from taking over the world. That was I think in the late 70s, early 80s. But he did it again more recently, forcing someone to teleport to retrieve Xavier. The explanation given in some of those is that telepathy is just manipulating electric neuron impulses to change someone's thoughts. Well, that's just what Magneto does anyway, so why not apply it the same way telepaths do. He's also used that capability to block telepathy in the past on several occasions.

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg

Superman - going down

I agree with this list.

I will say that Magneto has a good chance against the Nates, however. This depends on how well-developed the reality-control aspect of his power is. If he really develops it over the next few issues, I'd put him above the Nates. If not, then just below them is good.

Xplosive
People Magneto holding back, don't you see what is Marvel always coming with something, never wanted to use tru potentail, writer many time did make Magento using whis full potetina, they didn't have in mind they will make now new Magneto, just they cam up with, and beore they didn't even know they will come up with that, so we can say he was using his full potential before, now they only made a new thing. It was rumored that Marvel wanted to upgade Apocalypse in force of nature (with some explanation and that he was holding his back always and that is why they never revelad full scope of Apocalypse powers, cause they wanted to upgared hin and reveal his true nature reveal his true full powers) , making him powerful easily in cosmic clas as Galactus. Marvel is just shit now, they are so confused and have weak imagiantion..

K3VIL
I didn't find anything about this God-like Magneto

Draco69
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=2526

lightaxe
Wow blackholes, thats amazing how many new powers he has at full potential now. I agree with the list that kgkg made earlier on the outcomes of the fights.

Xplosive
In the end they will probably make Magento new powers to disaper and ... it will be the same.

demigawd
Originally posted by lightaxe
Wow blackholes, thats amazing how many new powers he has at full potential now. I agree with the list that kgkg made earlier on the outcomes of the fights.

Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING. There's really nothing you can't do. With it, you can simulate magic, telepathy, telekinesis, teleport, bend space and time, whatever you want.

Xplosive
Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING. There's really nothing you can't do. With it, you can simulate magic, telepathy, telekinesis, teleport, bend space and time, whatever you want.

Like I said, they always came up with something, and like I said, writers already thought Magneto was using his full potetinal before, they always come up with something. First it was Phoenix the most powerful entity ever, than it Livning Tribnal, it's always something new, Marvel has become real weak. Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING, it's right, but creatro never made Magneto so powerful that he could create a new thigns, now they made a new thing. It is said his power are not big as Silver Surfer, but now they would reveal he is, they always chang their mind.

K3VIL
Originally posted by kgkg

Superman - going down<---Not easy, he's equal to Thor, they can give Mag major problems, full force heat vision + full force godblast while Hulk and the others distract Magneto can mean victory.

demigawd
damn, I wasn't saying he was fighting them at the same time, K3. haha. I'm not THAT far up Mag's ass, lol.

demigawd
Originally posted by Xplosive
Like I said, they always came up with something, and like I said, writers already thought Magneto was using his full potetinal before, they always come up with something. First it was Phoenix the most powerful entity ever, than it Livning Tribnal, it's always something new, Marvel has become real weak. Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING, it's right, but creatro never made Magneto so powerful that he could create a new thigns, now they made a new thing. It is said his power are not big as Silver Surfer, but now they would reveal he is, they always chang their mind.

The thing you have to remember is, when you have control over a force of nature, or something as vague as "magnetism" or "gravity" or "atmosphere", the depth of the power is limited only to your imagination. I'm sure Stan Lee didn't intend for Magneto to go around opening black holes and stuff like that - but Stan probably didn't know much more about magnetism than it being that thing that picks up metals. I think as writer's become more scientifically learned, they apply more of that science to comics, and it expands the capabilities of a character. I think that's fair, and a natural way to evolve.

Xplosive
The thing you have to remember is, when you have control over a force of nature, or something as vague as "magnetism" or "gravity" or "atmosphere", the depth of the power is limited only to your imagination. I'm sure Stan Lee didn't intend for Magneto to go around opening black holes and stuff like that - but Stan probably didn't know much more about magnetism than it being that thing that picks up metals. I think as writer's become more scientifically learned, they apply more of that science to comics, and it expands the capabilities of a character. I think that's fair, and a natural way to evolve.

Marvel was thinking to upgared Apocalypse, that is why they never revealed full scope of Apocalypse powers, beacue they wanted to present him as force of nature (revaling his full powers), givnig him in the leagu of cosmic beings. So thy realize someone with the name of Apocalypse should be so powerfu, for me all that is just BS.

demigawd
Well, when they decide to "reveal" his true powers, then we'll talk. Until then, he's still just Mr. Fantastic with energy blasts to me...

Alpha Centauri
Excaliber

Issue Date: May 2005
Story Title: Save the Life of My Child

Staff: Chris Claremont (writer), Aaron Lopresti (artist), Greg Adams and Brad Vancata (inker), Transparency Digital (colors), Tom Orzechowski (letterer), Molly Lazer (assistant editor), Stephanie Moore (editor), Tom Brevoort (supervising editor), Joe Quesada (editor in chief), Dan Buckley (president)

What a coincidence.

-AC

Draco69
Has anyone else noticed that Archangel's new costume totally sucks?

Swanky-Tuna
I wish I was in an X-Men title. In a couple years I'll have powers so exaggerated I could be the King of Town!

Draco69
Astonishing X-Men is the only X-Men title I read nowadays. That and Mark Millar's Wolverine and Exiles.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
Has anyone else noticed that Archangel's new costume totally sucks? This one? I think it's kind of cool.

Draco69
No that's the GOOD one. This one...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
No that's the GOOD one. This one... If you look at it quick it looks like he's wearing a blue canadian flag.

Draco69
It looks HORRIBLE. He looks like a professional ice skater.

Superherovandal
what does magnetism have to do with controling time and space?

savagerampage
The old marvel handbook lists magnetos power before just under the silver surfer, imagine what it is now.

Hulk,superman,juggernaut,apocaylpse,exodus,thor would be a cake walk for the current magneto.

the only one i think that would beat him would be the surfer still.

srankmissingnin
Surfer is a pansy and doesn't use his power to his full potenial as such I think Current Mags beats him in an incharacter fight.

Pepito
Current Magneto is more poweful than all of them and his new telepthic abilities must be quite strong because his old ones were reasonable to begin with (he always had astral projection, low level telepthy and strong mental defence). God Cable is on Surfer's level approximately and so is Shaman Nate and new Magneto is above Surfer by quite a long way (when has Surfer ever opened black holes or controlled quanta?)

demigawd
Magneto could definitely give Surfer a good fight. It's been suggested in earlier issues of Excalibur that Magneto is immortal and perhaps doesn't really need his body. If that holds true, then Magneto can fight on equal durability terms with Surfer and his ruthlessness could take Surfer down.

demigawd
Originally posted by Superherovandal
what does magnetism have to do with controling time and space?

Time and space becomes relative when the laws of the physical universe are broken - that's how wormholes and blackholes work. The force of gravity there is so great that time itself bends - essentially, looking at something entering a black hole you'll never see it actually enter it. To the eye, it FREEZES, forever. But that's more complicated theory than is necessary.

DigiMark007
Apocalypse, Hulk, Superman, Juggernaut, Exodus, Sersi, Thor....all dead. Thor v regular Mags would've been good, but with this ridiculous upgrade Thor is toast. Nate...probably dead too.

Energy of a star? Wormholes? Control of Quantum Matter???...what does that even realistically mean? With all this, I'd even give him a fair shake against the last two, SS and Uber Cable. I think Mags would lose (Power Cosmic is still almost always better than mutant-ness), but that's one hell of an upgrade....stupid, but powerful.

-DM

demigawd
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Control of Quantum Matter???...what does that even realistically mean?
-DM

Means godliness. lol.

Molecule man
What about Wanda? Is she suppose to be more powerful than her father?

Mainstream
we don't know yet..gotta wait for the house of M storyline that starts in June.

demigawd
Exactly. It's unknown what will become of their status until after the storyline.

kgkg
is everyone getting stonger or what?

i think they should make Woverine Galactus's new herald.

Mainstream
I think Jubilee should lead the Brotherhood and change her name to "Firework Woman"..but seriously Magneto strong enough..I heard he made a blackhole in ExCaliber

long pig
I bet Wolverines healing factor will go up and his strength will go up.

BootlegBoys420
That Is The Biggest Load Of Retarded Crap And Im Extremely Disappointed In Alot Of People In This Forum For Not Seeing Where THis Is Going... Especially With Claremont Writing This Comic Equivalent Of T.P.
Come On... Magneto Will Continue To Exhibit These Powers Until Marvel Decides To Tone Him Down Again (Or Clone Him Again LOL) And Then Theyll Chalk All These New Powers Up To Scarlet Witches Reality (LOL More Utter Crap) Powers Just Like They Are Going To Eventually Chalk Ragnarok Up To Her Too (Read Avengers Finale... Theres A Small Quote About Them Not Having Seen Thor At All During Disassembled... I See It All Unraveling Now When They Decide To Bring Thor Back)

demigawd
I suppose they can go in any direction with it they want. But the difference between Magneto and, say, God Cable, is that Magneto has ALWAYS been able to do those things...he just held back. Cable required curing the virus and using Deadpool's healing factor to enable his powers...it was built to not last. So there shouldn't be a "restoration" of Magneto's abilities back downward...it wouldn't make sense.

Molecule man
For Magneto to do those things he would need alot of raw power something I really don't think he have coz he have been burn out a couple of times before.

Guess they are gonna turn his powers back to normal soon. I mean many mutants now have reality warping powers it's kinda stupid

demigawd
The only time I remember him burning out was during the Magneto War, but he was trying to pretty much destroy the earth, while fighting his clone and the X-men at the same time.

Affecting things at a molecular level is less about raw power and more about skill. And, in fact, if you trigger reactions atom by atom, you can go for scale without using that much power. It's just a matter of perceiving things differently.

Molecule man
I just think that Magneto shouldn't have the control to affect things at molecular level. Remember in the Secret wars, Mags used his powers to make a comb for the Wasp. Even that took alot of effort to make, Mags looked tired after that.

demigawd
Yeah, that was before his Fatal Attractions power up. After that power up (he transformed to metal and sent crashing to earth from Asteroid M, which somehow increased his sensitivity to EM energy), he's been on an entirely different level.

Molecule man
I know but still I mean that Magneto always had that power doesn't make sense to me at all. If he really was suppose to be that powerful then he would have destroyed he x-men a long time ago

demigawd
Beast said that the reason Magneto never showed that kind of power before is because he's conflicted. He's always been so afraid of becoming what he hates most that he's held himself back, a subconscious way of checking himself. Magneto has, in the past, said that he never cut loose with his powers because doing so would endanger the planet. Zaladane, with Polaris' power, had no such compunction, and was causing all kinds of damage because of it.

Molecule man
But to protect his fellow mutants from the humans he should have realized his true potential a long time ago. Guess Marvel figured out that they needed to upgrade Mags power like so many other mutants

demigawd
I think given how Magneto has constantly gone from bad to good, it shows a lot of internal conflict. That would, of course show itself in him being held in check subconsciously.

In the real world, yes, I figure Marvel does want to up the ante on Magneto. I mean, there are only so many times a villain can throw metal around and get beaten up because he loses his threat factor and is no longer taken seriously.

Beyonder
I think given how Magneto has constantly gone from bad to good, it shows a lot of internal conflict. That would, of course show itself in him being held in check subconsciously.

Actually no, that conflict is just the reason Marvel used to explain why he got this upgrade. Unlike how Superman who gets upgrades out of his ass for no reason, Marvel tries to explain their character's upgrade.

Magneto got an upgrade. Held back? Just an excuse for the upgrade. I highly doubt Magneto is the kind of person to hold back, especially through all his runs. Surfer, yes cause he's a pacifist. But Magneto doesn't seem to be the kind of person to hold back - he has a good side but can be as cold as any other villain.

demigawd
Well, of course Magneto is getting the power upgrade because Marvel decided that he should get it. All I'm saying is, their explanation is a lot more reasonable than most power upgrades in places like, say, DC.

BootlegBoys420
Unlike how Superman who gets upgrades out of his ass for no reason, Marvel tries to explain their character's upgrade.

Wow... Do You Actually Read DC Books? When Was The Last Time (After That Retarded Red/Blue Crap) That They Changed Supes IN CONTINUITY? Yeah They Do KC And Prime And All That Crap... But In Continuity... The Characters Pretty Much Stay The Same... Unlike Bendis And Claremont Who Love To Upgrade X-Men To God-Like Levels For No Apparent Reason...

savagerampage
Thank god he has gotten a upgrade. He is the master of all things magnatism, so thus make him one. i hate it when he was a jobber recently. thats the problem with marvel sometimes. the characters that people have a hard time beating the first bunch of times, who nearly kills all heros who face them (magneto,juggernaut prime examples) turn jabronies after. Then anyone can beat there ass, it sucks in my opinons. These characters are suppose to be The toughest of the tough, keep them that way. There are so many jabronies people can beat on.

Im so happy magneto got the upgrade

Arachnoidfreak

Exactly why I love Magneto, and why I used to defend him so much on the boards.

demigawd
Seems in the House of M, we're going to see Magneto, Wanda, Polaris and Quicksilver vs.

The X-men - including some old returning ones like Dazzler
New Avengers - INCLUDING SENTRY
Various other avengers, like Photon and Warbird
Dr. Strange!!!
Cloak and Dagger

Damn. Looks like Mag's got his work cut out for him....

Sentry AND Strange???

Khellendros
Christ, this is insane. How are the Xmen ever expected to take down a guy who's climbing up to Surfer power levels? I never thought I'd say this, but AC is right about Claremont.

norrin radd
Originally posted by Khellendros
Christ, this is insane. How are the Xmen ever expected to take down a guy who's climbing up to Surfer power levels? I never thought I'd say this, but AC is right about Claremont.

they did fight against dark pheonix

UniOmni
Why when Magneto gets an reasonable upgrade, people bytch, but Supermans powers don't really make sense, but are generally accepted. Soul vision?? Torquavasm?? C'mon people!! At least his powers make sense somewhat. Clark can fly faster than light, pull moons, repair reality rips with heat because solar rays?!! Where is the common thread?!! Not to be found. Nonsensical, but accepted. Bout time Magnus got his due. Electromagnetism is the basis of his power. His powers reflect that, except for reality manipulation, though thats kinda hokey i admit. Though, we know what caused it.

demigawd
Yeah, the reality manipulation was due to him tapping into Wanda's powers, but the rest was all Magneto.

People like to ***** largely because of anti-mutantism on the boards. That's why you get people saying such ridiculous things as the FF beat all the X-men. So when you get a character getting a major upgrade, people cry foul. That's why people were up in arms over Iceman but were muted when IW somehow became a Goddess.

leonheartmm
magneto doesnt just control magnetism he has control{a lil lesser though} over ALL the other foces in nature, weak nuclear, strong nuclear, gravitic and electromagnetiic forces. he is said to be the long sought solution of the GRAND UNIFICATION THEORY of physics which states that all forces are basically the same.

demigawd
But of course, if Magneto IS proof of the UFT, and all forces are the same, then his control over the other forces shouldn't be lesser at all, which implies that any limitations are all in his head, which was basically what Dark Beast and Xavier said when they wondered why Magneto doesn't run around opening black holes more often.

UniOmni
Magneto is positively uber!!! And it somewhat ties into his powerset. Marvel has subscribed to the Unified Field Theory, so that means Erik should have his hands in all the fundamental forces. Ie blackhole creation is gravity, mind control/blood control is electromagnetic and weak and strong have yet to be explored. I hope Claremont always writes an uber magneto. He should be uber, with his powerset. Mutant haters be damned!!

Big Sexy
Yup

Superherovandal
Current Magneto loses to all on that list as he's powerless right now. smile

Lethal_Rise
Mister M and Magneto should fight. it would be very interesting, altho Mister M would annihilate him in the end

Lethal_Rise
and yes, according to the house of M accident, him, as well as 3/4 of the mutant population are all screwed, 'cuz they're powerless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.