What do you do on a first date?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sailormoon
sad I might be going on one soon and I've never been on a date before or had a boyfriend and I'm loosing it! Anyone any advice? rolling on floor laughing

Demarthl
ive never had a date

sailormoon
Nice to know I'm not alone! big grin I mean, not that I don't want you to have one, just sayin'.

syko freak
me neither. but all i have 2 say like an old nanny is 2 be your self.

Maya Zurak
...just have fun ^^

Demarthl
yes ive had relationships but dates arent really done where im from, i dont have the money to either >.<

sailormoon
to Demarthl: Never mind then.

I was gonna be myself I'm just afraid I won't know what to say if I do go. embarrasment

LiL nAstY GirL
We'll just have fun...thats what I do

Ronny
never been on a date happy I'm to good for the little boys here

sailormoon
Thank y'all! If I go I'm gonna try to do my best! big grin Y'all did help whether you knew it or not. Still nervous but gonna try.

Velcro_Boy
i never got a date either.
i get all nervous around girls and act really stupid. sad

sailormoon
Aww, that's so sweet. I may not be able to take my own advice but I'm a good advice giver. I wouldn't say I act stupid around boys but if it's around one that I like I try so hard not to make a fool of myself around them it kinda backfires sometimes. But I'm trying to just be myself. Without worrying what they will think. I'm getting better, but a date's like a whole new field to me. That's why I'm freaking out! rolling on floor laughing

R0B
Heres what you do. Take him to the International House Of Pancakes and proceed to pour syrup on him...

sailormoon
laughing out loud Thanks, but I don't think that would work out.

syko freak
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy
i get all nervous around girls and act really stupid. sad
awww but it must b realy easy 4 u 2 get grls coz u look hot

R0B
Originally posted by sailormoon
laughing out loud Thanks, but I don't think that would work out.

Why not? Thats what made my girlfreind like me confused She walked out of IHOP with her boobs stuck together with syrup. erm ( dont mind or listen to me, Im just bored )

Ronny
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy
i get all nervous around girls and act really stupid. sad That's the kind of guy we need around here, they're all like "yo, if I told you, you hade a beautiful body would you hold it against me tonght no expression"

gah what i would give for a geek faint

R0B
I made a D in math, is that geeky?

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by Ronny
That's the kind of guy we need around here, they're all like "yo, if I told you, you hade a beautiful body would you hold it against me tonght no expression"

nerdnaughty

dave123
A* in maths sleepembarrasment

Powerful_Dragon
I dress good, try not to act so sexy, get dinner and take the kiss.
LOL.

R0B
Originally posted by dave123
A* in maths sleepembarrasment

Can I borrow your grades for a year? erm

Ronny
eek! Spency!

I got a D+ embarrasment i suck in math

dave123
A* in geography...

A's in history, technology, english, science, religious studies....

Deano
A* in geography...

A's in history, technology, english, science, religious studies....

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/2001/sounds/2001_dave.wav

syko freak
wat a geek im joking u r really smart

JToTheP
Originally posted by Demarthl
ive never had a date

concur'd *decides to read thread to learn things*

Oh wait, I can't even find a girl I can go out with, I guess that's step one.

JToTheP
Is it even possible to win over someone who has a b/f/g/f?
If it is, I sure as hell need a lot of help in doing so.

Velcro_Boy
Originally posted by syko freak
awww but it must b realy easy 4 u 2 get grls coz u look hot
why thank you.

The Tired Hiker
You should fake a suicide! Guys love that! love

Just like pretend you are going to jump off a four story building, but use very thin cables and a harness to break your fall. That will win him over. If you don't like him and he's not worth the fake suicide, then just tell him you forgot you had to wash your hair tonight and then just go home and watch tv or read a book or something. That's my best advice. smile

dave123
Originally posted by Deano
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/2001/sounds/2001_dave.wav cry *is scared*

dave123
Originally posted by R0B
Can I borrow your grades for a year? erm .....nah eek!

ericadurancefan
first dates are tricky,my first date is i took my neighbor too an lfo concert sleep but it worked out at the end of the concert because i took her home and she gave me a special treat on the first date now thats awesome

Ronny
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
You should fake a suicide! Guys love that! love

Just like pretend you are going to jump off a four story building, but use very thin cables and a harness to break your fall. That will win him over. If you don't like him and he's not worth the fake suicide, then just tell him you forgot you had to wash your hair tonight and then just go home and watch tv or read a book or something. That's my best advice. smile didnt Alicia Silverstone do that in some movie a while back blink

The Tired Hiker
didnt Alicia Silverstone do that in some movie a while back blink

I don't know, but that's hot if she did! eek!

Ronny
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
I don't know, but that's hot if she did! eek! I wouldn't think faking suicide is a good way to get a guy blink Whatever floats your boat stick out tongue

The Tired Hiker
I wouldn't think faking suicide is a good way to get a guy blink Whatever floats your boat stick out tongue

It's the best way. So .......... .. I win. stick out tongue

SlipknoT
Its a tie

Powerful_Dragon
Originally posted by Deano
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/2001/sounds/2001_dave.wav
Thats scary

dave123
I wouldn't think faking suicide is a good way to get a guy blink Whatever floats your boat stick out tongue If you faked your own death, I would jump into bed with you _SO_ fast droolio

The Tired Hiker
If you faked your own death, I would jump into bed with you _SO_ fast droolio

See, it's a proven method. big grin

PrettyLilMe!!
i like this boy jacob greene and i am way to embarassed to talk to him!

chelsea17
just go somewhere that you both enjoy going to...go eat out somewhere..have fun..and be yourself...don't lead him on to believe that you are someone that you're not

sailormoon
That's the kind of guy we need around here, they're all like "yo, if I told you, you hade a beautiful body would you hold it against me tonght no expression"

gah what i would give for a geek faint [/QUOTE

Tell me about it! There are so many wannabe thugs out there these days. I don't know if I'd go for a geek exactly. But its alot better than all these fakers. wink

SlipknoT
Slayer

sailormoon
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Slayer

Umm...what does that mean? confused

SnakeEyes
Hmmm, it is very complex, but I am assuming he is referring to the band "Slayer." Most likely because he likes/enjoys the musical noises that they produce with instruments and vocals...

Demarthl
no expression

sailormoon
Well I didn't know, I've never heard of them. embarrasment rolling on floor laughing

Rogue Jedi
sad I might be going on one soon and I've never been on a date before or had a boyfriend and I'm loosing it! Anyone any advice? rolling on floor laughing
i MACK..... cool

sailormoon
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

JToTheP
So, any conclusions on what to do on a first date yet? confused

Hey, just cuz A LOT of guys are pr**k thugs, doesn't mean everybody is a "hardcore gangsta", I'm a Wigger and I'm not so bad, so BLAH! stick out tongue

Ignite
mmm i laugh too much , make a dick outta myself...make my date feel bad sumtimes...but i always get a second date so its ok!

Miss_Faye
Hm i might sound all anal, but just be yerself, its the best advce really. Don't be fake, just be normal..yerself. Enjoy yerself as well make the best out f it even tho...it gets boring or whatever have funs!

frodo34x
I get dumped too quickly for a first date.

Well, actually she blew me off for her mates..

Miss_Faye
damn that suxs...

ericadurancefan
i usually try to be myself but i am such a cocky bastard it turns into an argument and i also got a screwed up sense of humor being myself equals people getting pissed off,thats why i dont do the whole dating thing to often

tabby999
i dont go on heaps of dates, dont have to, went on one date with my girlfriend and we've been together ever since. took her to the movies, then we ended up at my place. movie ended at 10pm, i got her home at 1:30 am, wink

ericadurancefan
nice job,i usually spend the night at the girls house havent had a girlfriend in a couple of years so im all about one night stands and cutting out whenever i feel like

tabby999
problem is, my girlfriend's mum wont let her stay the night at my place, even though shes nearly 18. dosn't matter, she comes over in the morning and we "have some adult fun" until i have to take her home at night

sailormoon
Thank y'all for the advice! happy smile yes

Alpha Centauri
It's a shame that some guys are really nervous but you really shouldn't feel bad about it. Happens to literally everyone almost. The ones that just stroll up to girls and speak to them in a flash are usually never nervous based on the fact that they're not too bothered about making an impression. It's guys (and girls) who care about how they come across, that take the time.

The main thing you have to realise before going on a date, this applies to both sexes, but mainly guys (not sure if the author is a guy or a girl, slipped my mind). Females don't bite, there's no NEED to be nervous. Nothing to be afraid of. Don't put yourself in the position of "Oh god! I'm nervous, so she'll think I'm lame. Gotta NOT be nervous" coz you'll make it worse. Initiating the conversation really is half the battle over if you're a nervous guy. I've been on countless very successful dates (some alot less serious than others) but at heart I get nervous easily, I'm pretty much a nerd also.

It's just about having confidence in yourself, confidence in your ability to present yourself honestly, truthfully and respectable. In attitude foremost. Don't dress yourself up to the nines, just show her that she's worth looking nice for. Don't try to be overly funny or overly cool, just say what you feel is right at the time, can't go wrong.

When walking to or from the destination, never let your date walk alone. At the very least, hold hands with her. Too many girls walk along after dates with their arms folded wondering if their date even cares that they're there. So make sure she knows you're there.

But if that fails, fake your own death wink.

Seriously though, overcoming the nervousness to make the approach is all that you need. Don't stroll in there in the mindset of "this is gonna fail". That's the main problem that applies to both girls and guys. Just have confidence that you'll come away, whatever the outcome, knowing that you presented yourself well. When you meet him though Sailormoon, look at his face when you greet him. If I meet a girl and STRAIGHT away the first thing she assesses is my dress code, it puts me off.

-AC

dark1365

Well, there's a lot of those here on KMC, Ronny. Personally, I really hate someone who comes onto the boards and acts like "city-boy-coming-and-looking-downwards-at-the-country-boys"...well, that kind of attitude; most will know what I mean.
I like hot shy/timid geek/nerds. What I wouldn't give for one.

My friends think I'm stupid. Bless them.

dark1365
Now for advice: I wouldn't change yourself if I were you OR the said guy. Basically what Alpha said. You can change your personality a little, but remember that if he can't like you for who you ARE, it's not working out. And won't work out.

And whatever you do, do your utmost to break tension lines. I really hate those nervous moments, where you don't know what the hell to say next. Which lasts for seemingly eternity.

What AC said. Bless him.

Clovie
sad I might be going on one soon and I've never been on a date before or had a boyfriend and I'm loosing it! Anyone any advice? rolling on floor laughing i've never been on a date cry

A* in maths sleepembarrasment i had 6 in maths at the end of highschool happy (on 1-6 scale)

dark1365
Originally posted by Clovie
i've never been on a date cry

I refuse to believe.What the f**k?

Clovie
Originally posted by dark1365
I refuse to believe.What the f**k? you don't have to believe but it is truth. sad

Storm
Be yourself.

dark1365
Originally posted by Clovie
you don't have to believe but it is truth. sad
You have NEVER been on a date? Join teh club. sad

Clovie
You have NEVER been on a date? Join teh club. sad NEVER. sad *joins club*

dark1365
Well, you seem quite attractive in your photos. How's it possible?

Clovie
tx...confused i don't know. just didn't happen

dark1365
I'm way too timid, that's my problem.

lil bitchiness
*twitch* I was on 4 dates ini the past 3 weeks. Id rather not comment on them.

*twitch*

Just be yourself - and if he dont like it - his los. Look at his shoes! shoes tell a lot about a guy! yes

Clovie
I'm way too timid, that's my problem. me being me is my problem erm

dark1365
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
*twitch* I was on 4 dates ini the past 3 weeks. Id rather not comment on them.

*twitch*

Just be yourself - and if he dont like it - his los. Look at his shoes! shoes tell a lot about a guy! yes
Somewhat bizarre, but when you think about it very carefully, it's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.