the void

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron

its like that, but bigger, with a nasty man in it

Exa

sauron
wheres that?!?! laughing omg really??

Exa
Yeah... I just dont remember where that was but Im sure I read that somewhere (maybe I also dreamt that I read it, that occurs from time to time and afterwards Im sure I read it... especially things connected to the lost tales)

edit
yey
Re-read the lost tales and found the scene...

Telimektar (Tulkas' son) and Ingil are hunting Melkor... and he climbs upon the great pine-tree near Tavrobel in Eressea... its branches even reach the stars... and so he hides up there... tries to pick the stars out of the field of heaven to throw them down... but then the gods order to destroy the tree, and Melkor has to stay in the void because the tree is gone... but "one day he will find a way back"... yey big grin

sauron
lol whoah big grinbig grin nice stick out tongue

so he is up with the stars....,so its not exactly a void is it

Exa
He's above the stars... well the stars are in the Void arent they... just look at our stars smile also in the void, arent they?

sauron
yeah but if middle earth is indeed this earth

wouldnt he just be able to come into our atmosphere stick out tongue like a comet...his physical body would be destroyed, but the size of him. he could easily destroy quite ALOT of space on impact.....like how that meteor made that crater in erm.....mexico stick out tongue

another evil plan stick out tongue

Exa
LOL

well

doesnt the text say "but one day he will find a way to return" wink .... well he usually prefers throwing stars down and make them be meteors ^^

sauron
yeah why not throw them down...i mean he is up there now....nobody can reach him......

he could throw a star at manwe.....spike his eyes out

Kitoky
okay so what's the point of this thread?

Exa
Philosophing about the enigmas of the Void smile

sauron
<^> <<they are pointy....so they are the pointS (notice S PLURAL!) of this thread hehe

Kitoky
Um....okay.

sauron
ok exas answer is better

aniron
for god sake if anyone else had done this thread it would have been closed straight away, way does sauron keep getting away with makeing these pointless threads?

sauron
i ask myself that very same question stick out tongue i think it may be because im lovable stick out tongue

anyway this is not pointless......we are philosophing all the possibilities of the current home of melkor

Exa
This thread isnt pointless

I think its a thread about a very serious and interesting topic

it's just... obviously nobody is interested in talking about phenomena like the Void itself ... imo this is something definitely worth making a thread about it

because nobody ever cares a bout it

edit
@sauron yep yes

aniron
what void? is everyone on drugs?

sauron
the VOID

the place outside the world...space....where melkor was banighed too after his defeat

hence the big nasty man

Exa

sauron
whoah.....^^now thats just,,,,,,poetry for ya

nimba
timba
amda
fanna
hama
drama
Exa

sauron
belegast Vs radagast

Exa
yeah ... AND... BELEGO vs BELEG eek! eek! ... ok Beleg is a common word big grin Belegaer, Belecthor, Beleghir, Belegor (name of morgoth yey), belegorn, Belegost, belegund, Belegur, Belemir... nice big grin

sauron
belegond vs just plain ol' grond

Exa

mors823
I've wondering what elves did for free time, but at least they have a place to living. Melkor has NOTHING. Nada, Zip, Zelch, Zero. How boring can that be. He's there floating in black space. No top, no bottom, no sides. I'm just wondering how someone could escape?

shadowy_blue
I want to go to the Void just to accompany Morgoth and later Sauron..shifty

shaber
Didn't Melkor bring Ungoliant back from the void?

Exa
??

Ungoliant fled to the far dark south of the world, not to the void... there are at least two versions of her death... in one she devours herself in hunger, in the other one she is slain by Earendil...

shadowy_blue
Yeah, and they first met (or at least I thought that was their first meeting) in Avathar in the south of Aman, he didn't bring her back from the Void.

sauron
*pounces*

there are THREE versions of her fate

one, she ate herself
two, earendil kills her
three, she survives.....and hides in the deepest darkness of the earth until the end

Exa
stick out tongue big grin *hides*

"AT LEAST two versions" stick out tongue ... as far as I know there are also several more, never really developed ones

sauron
*finds*

oh i apologise about that, 'at least to versions of her.....death' *pounces again* DEATH stick out tongue she doesnt die in some of them stick out tongue

Exa
stick out tongue

well this version would make her die in the Dagor Dagrath

(which would be a great ending... far better than devouring herself or something)

sauron
yeah...well not IN it

at the time it ended.....i dont think she would be IN it

shadowy_blue
Up to now, I still don't get it though. She ate herself? LOL..the first time I've read that..I was like.."huh?" Can someon please explain? confused

Exa

shadowy_blue
Yeah, but...how could she eat herself? messed

Exa
Good question stick out tongue no idea big grin ... as Tolkien writes, "only" a myth (history became legend... legend became myth........)

sauron
maybe she started nimbling at her legs

then one day just ate a whole one....then she just kept doing that...until she couldnt move then she either bled to death...or just started eating herself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.