Top Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolf biologist
I was just wondering what the best match would be between any 2 given characters from Mortal Kombat or street fighter. But I do not want this thread to be just about everybody arguing about which game is better. I just want people to discuss what match will be the best and give the outcome and reason. It can be street fighter against street fighter, SF vs. MK, or MK vs. MK. I really don't care but just don't make it about which game is better. For me I will do SF vs. SF: Akuma vs. Gill. Who will win? You decide.

wolf biologist
I forgot to add Gill to my poll does anyone know how I can edit my poll. Well if you are going to vote for gill you better say so. Sorry.

SaTsuJiN
I choose akuma vs evil ryu .. and I think evil ryu would win simply because he's nearly mastered the good side of the hadou.. so he should be 10 times more elite when entering the dark side, ripping akuma to shreds

wolf biologist
No way saTsuJin. Evil Ryu would never beat akuma. Akuma would just go shin akuma on him and kick his ass. Also evil ryu is not even close to controlling the dark hadou. Akuma on the other hand did, and not any street fighters are a match for Akuma especially if he goes shin on their asses.

Ketchuptome
Agree.Akuma mastered Dark hadou before Ryu even herad of it.

4 me i say Shin Akuma vs Ultimate Rugal
Suck a cool fight

AdventChild
Evil Ryu by far..against akuma.... you guys need to seen street fighter alpha the movie..that movie was so awsome...!!!!!!!!!!

wolf biologist
How come no1 votes on polls? Please vote! Also I would like to see a triple threat match between gill, akuma, and ryu. That would be sweet.

Joker1237
Ognea the Dragon King has this. I mean he is hard to beat on Normal lol.

I mean Raiden even did his self blow up thing on the Dragon King, which took out the whole castle of Shang Tsung. and it has ZERO affect on the Dragon King.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by wolf biologist
No way saTsuJin. Evil Ryu would never beat akuma. Akuma would just go shin akuma on him and kick his ass. Also evil ryu is not even close to controlling the dark hadou. Akuma on the other hand did, and not any street fighters are a match for Akuma especially if he goes shin on their asses. You dont have to have control over something to use it and do damage.. in fact the state of having no control over it would keep akuma guessing. Akuma went straight to darkness remember.. so he has no true foundation of the basic art

besides you're acting like this is dragon ball.. akuma cant go shin like goku goes super saiyajin

Lord Ryugen
Precisely how does Akuma Shin out?

Ketchuptome
He turned Shin Akuma when he defeated Ororchi or Rugal i think

wolf biologist
Dude, (saTsuJin) akuma can turn shin whenever he gets really mad, and he did master the "basic art". Don't forget that Akuma was brothers with ryu and ken's teacher and killed him which ryu probably can't do. Also Akuma killed his teacher (also his brothers teacher), which means that he knew everything his brother knew which means that he knew everything ken and ryu knows, and Akuma was capable of killing his teacher and his brother proving that he is elite or a MASTER at the art he was learning, since he beat his master, did Ryu beat his master with his own strongest move? NO. Also Akuma has been doing martial arts the same amount of time as Ryu, ALL HIS LIFE.He has just been perfecting his art and becoming stronger. He also managed to master the dark hadou which means he has mastered ryu's art (their martial art style is the same) and the dark hadou which brings out his max power. Ryu has the ability to turn into dark ryu but it is not controlled and only happens when he is extremely mad. On the other hand Akuma bring out his true self whenever he wants because he has mastered the dark hadou unlike ryu. See it would be stupid to even try to oppose Akuma with Ryu the only character that would give Akuma trouble would be GILL. That's it no Ryu no Dark Ryu no ken no M. Bison no twelve no no thing. Get it Akuma is on the the God level *****.

Ketchuptome
Indeed.

wolf biologist
I am going to post the tier of Street Fighter from Street Fighter Plot Guides which is one of if not the most accurate SF Guides known.
Also in the tiers I am not posting the fighters in no particular order.

Tier 1
Oro ( I don't know why), Akuma, and Gill -notice how ryu or dark ryu is not here saTsuJin. These characters are in the godly range. These people outclass everybody. These 3 are the most powerful characters in all Street Fighter.

Tier 2- this tier consists of the 2nd strongest group that have little or no chance of beating the 1st tier.
M. Bison, Saget, Ryu, Evil Ryu, and Q( hinted)-I don't agree with Q.

Tier 3- this group is still strong and has little hope of beating people in the second tier.
Ken, Gen, Rose, Charlie, and Urien.

Tier 4-this tier is getting in the OK range nothing special. Little hope of beating the 3rd tier.
Guile, Chun-Li, Hugo, Vega, Twelve (hinted)

Tier 5-you know same old same old, little hope of beating the 4th tier.
Adon, Guy, Sakura, Cody, Balrog, Cammy, Zangief, Dhalsim, T Hawk, Alex

Tier 6- you know little chance of beating tier #5
Everyone else but Tier 7 (things get really sloppy here, due to how most
characters below tier 5 do not have enough storyline info to tier on
non circumstantial evidence). A pretty good guess, I think, would be this
(consider the rest of the characters in this tier and below to just be
hinted)

Tier 7-when you get this far down you know you gotta suck
The Twelve Dolls, Rolento, Sodom, Karin, Birdie, Necro, Dudley

Tier 8-same as #7
Blanka, Fei Long, Honda

Tier 9-horrible
Makoto, Ibuki, Elena, Yun, Yang

Tier 10-almost there
Dee Jay, R. Mika, Dan

Tier 11-here we are the worst of the worst. Most people think of him as a joke more or less.
Sean

Well there you have it the best to the worst. Enjoy. And saTsuJin suck it.

Ketchuptome
Good list.But u forgot Dan.He belongs in tier 11.
Or 12..And Makoto isnt that bad.

wolf biologist
Well most of this list is from a very accurate SF site and I just posted it to show saTsuJin how ryu is on tier 2 not 1 like Akuma which means he is worse then Akuma. Yeah I agree with you that Dan does belong on the same tier with Sean since they both suck. And I would put Makoto on tier 7 he is OK, since I usually don't experiment with new characters. I have almost perfectly mastered all of Akuma's and Dark Ryu's moves. Once I perfect them and do them without even thinking then I will play with other characters like ken, makoto, and gen.

Out of ken, ryu, and akuma if ken went into violent ken, ryu into dark ryu, and akuma into shin akuma and ken and ryu teamed up who would win? Also I read somewhere that there is a shin bison with powers close to the dark hadou? Have you heard of this? And I heard of a different ryu that had physco powers like bison have you heard of this?

Ketchuptome
Whoa man big grin
Slow down..I no all of Akumas moves..I think i do and Shin akuma would still win.Shin Bison..Doudt it.Bison doesnt use hadou he uses that physco power.Matbe it is in the comic books.Ryu..I still doudt ryu has physco power 2..He resisted it when bison tried 2 control him.

Ketchuptome
Any 1 herre

wolf biologist
Yeah I am here and well I am sure you do know all of Akumas' moves but you can't rule out the other major powerhouses like gill and shin bison.

Ketchuptome
Indeed.And Violent Ken

wolf biologist
I guess you like ken too because you frequently keep reminding me that he is soooooo strong. lol

Ketchuptome
Yeah...He kool.I like adon and Iori 2
dont forget Maykoto

wolf biologist
Yeah I can't believe Adon beat Saget though. Saget is so strong and his moves are pretty cheap too. Like his tiger uppercut and his low tiger and high tiger fireballs.

Ketchuptome
Yeah...And he took hadoken rite in the chest.Thats y he has that scar

wolf biologist
Orochi is pretty sweet but I hate it when people think he can destroy anyone just because he is a god.

Ketchuptome
big grin

jplatinum
Evil ryu is like goku with a lower power scale.
He will decimate anyone on this list.
That dude is raw, man.

Ketchuptome
Except Akuma

SaTsuJiN
Dude, (saTsuJin) akuma can turn shin whenever he gets really mad, and he did master the "basic art". Don't forget that Akuma was brothers with ryu and ken's teacher and killed him which ryu probably can't do. Also Akuma killed his teacher (also his brothers teacher), which means that he knew everything his brother knew which means that he knew everything ken and ryu knows, and Akuma was capable of killing his teacher and his brother proving that he is elite or a MASTER at the art he was learning, since he beat his master, did Ryu beat his master with his own strongest move? NO. Also Akuma has been doing martial arts the same amount of time as Ryu, ALL HIS LIFE.He has just been perfecting his art and becoming stronger. He also managed to master the dark hadou which means he has mastered ryu's art (their martial art style is the same) and the dark hadou which brings out his max power. Ryu has the ability to turn into dark ryu but it is not controlled and only happens when he is extremely mad. On the other hand Akuma bring out his true self whenever he wants because he has mastered the dark hadou unlike ryu. See it would be stupid to even try to oppose Akuma with Ryu the only character that would give Akuma trouble would be GILL. That's it no Ryu no Dark Ryu no ken no M. Bison no twelve no no thing. Get it Akuma is on the the God level *****.

only disrespectful brats who think they're the best kill their teachers.. they lack discipline so they become their own master.. which usually leads to their swift downfall... ryu and gouki have faced off quite a few times and it always ends in a draw.. (im pretty sure thats what I saw in the SF alpha anime).. its even on the cover of street fighter alpha 2 (ryu facing gouki unafraid)...and btw ryu does more damage than akuma in SF3 (he stuns ALOT more often too) wink

watch more SF3 videos.. youll get better smile

Ketchuptome
Akuma would kill Ryu..Wat part of "Raging Demon" do u not understand

SaTsuJiN
if ryu can do it too , it mustnt be that hard... hell.. even evil sakura can do it lmao

Ketchuptome
blink ...

Aeveraine
ok this is about the akuma vs evil ryu. if you look at one of the snk vs capcom games, the story between the two is that evil ryu kills akuma, then some demon thingy brings akuma back as shin akuma(akuma at full potential), shin akuma then goes and kills evil ryu and becomes this super god thingy. he's kinda cool looking like that. but of course sense evil ryu never really makes it into the main story, that never really happens except for in that one game.

Hoshi
in fact evil ryu could never win against shin akuma , he only could defeat akuma if he was in his "just ryu " form ,i believe that the only thing that can destroy dark hadou is the good hadou , and when ryu is at his evil level he doesnt has it , that is why in the movie he could win easily against that strange doctors hadouken

Aeveraine
nah u see, evil ryu can't beat shin akuma for two reasons, one is that shin akuma is akuma at full power, while evil ryu is just a stronger ryu(maybe one day we'll get to see a shin ryu, maybe?), the other is that evil ryu has no control, where ryu can control and pin point his hits. evil ryu just kinda lashes out with super powered hits not even going for the best places to strike?

Hoshi
that what i said , thats true for evil ryu but not for ryu , but i dont think he could win neither as evil ryu nor ryu yet

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by jplatinum
Evil ryu is like goku with a lower power scale.
He will decimate anyone on this list.
That dude is raw, man.

amen , though rugals bad too, hard to decide

SaTsuJiN
going by the poll... I vote Gill... he can just keep spamming resurrect until everyone gets too tired to beat him up.. perhaps even dying from exhaustion..

CorderaMitchell
He loses that energy, though and you cant forget how badass God Rugal is.

SaTsuJiN
dont you get that energy back when you hit and get hit?.. lol

CorderaMitchell
well according to the games, he lost his energy for that round and could no longer regain it for that round, not match. I thought that super wasn't nearly as bad because you could nail him out of it, and the angel of death super was cheap, unparriable, and took of like 1/3 life with Ryu while you blocked, and could take your bar if you weren't.

SaTsuJiN
I wish they put Orochi on that list.. sad

CorderaMitchell
I know we could have done without kintaro.

GalacticStorm
alright guys i have read quite a bit of what you guys have said and Ryu can beat akuma though maybe not yet ok

at the end of street fighter alpha Ryu went to fight akuma in the story as capcom have stated the fight actaully ended in a somewhat stalemate when akuma said Ryu wasn't Ready for him punched the ground then island sank.

Now in STF3 appearntly in the story of things ORO appeaered to look for a pupil of sorts he fought both Ryu and i think Akuma though he only offered to teach Ryu as he believed that Ryu's potential far surpasses his own.

This leads me to beleive that Ryu could potentially be stronger/powerful than some of the tier 1 characters that were mentioned

Also how many times do i have to say it if you are going by the characters in the game then fair enough but if you are going by actual story continuity then "Evil/Dark Ryu" doesn't actually exist as Capcom japan has stated before Evil ryu is just Normal Ryu except he just lets "go" and indulges his killing intent.

Ryu gets stonger or does things he wouldn't normally do because he is "letting go" he is "not holding back" there is no "Evil RYU" and the only time Capcom have stated that this so called "Evil RYU" even made an appearence is whenn he fought Sagat

As you know Sagat beat him to a Pulp and then Ryu "lost it" "he let go" and put that mark on his chest with the Dragon punch it was stated that it was within that brief moment Ryu became what you define as "Evil RYU" but only for a few seconds he then regained control and took out Sagat with the Hadouken

It was from that time that Ryu became troubled with himself and began to go on a search about the mysteries of the dark hadou and how to tackle it.

So Ryu and Evil Ryu shouldn't really be defined as two different things as this Evil Ryu is just Normal Ryu except when he wants to win at all costs thats all.

Capcom of Japan have stated they didn't want Evil Ryu to even exist within the games as it is a misinterpretation of how they wanted Ryu to be seen in this state they just wanted this new state of Ryu to be perceived as Ryu but not holding back or letting go" but it was Capcom of America that really put him in and even then alot of Evil Ryu's story's are done in "what if" scenearios never actually really in the continuity of the story really.

Also somone spoke abvout Sagat losing to Adon if you read the Story line into it Capcom states that Sagat threw the fight and let Adon win so that he wouldn't hurt his pupils pride or confidence.

I am sorry but you have to disregard alot of what you see in some of the movies as it is just made up and is cannon.

Like street fihgter 2 the animated movie is all made up and is cannon more or less

CorderaMitchell
we all understand that evil ryu and shin akuma are one in the same, we just use that to show the state of mind they are in

anywayI was just mentioning the Alpha 3 story line of course akuma is going to be shown more powerful while ryu is going to have more potential, hes the boss while ryu's the main character.

thats all i have to say

dvampire
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
alright guys i have read quite a bit of what you guys have said and Ryu can beat akuma though maybe not yet ok

at the end of street fighter alpha Ryu went to fight akuma in the story as capcom have stated the fight actaully ended in a somewhat stalemate when akuma said Ryu wasn't Ready for him punched the ground then island sank.

Now in STF3 appearntly in the story of things ORO appeaered to look for a pupil of sorts he fought both Ryu and i think Akuma though he only offered to teach Ryu as he believed that Ryu's potential far surpasses his own.

This leads me to beleive that Ryu could potentially be stronger/powerful than some of the tier 1 characters that were mentioned

Also how many times do i have to say it if you are going by the characters in the game then fair enough but if you are going by actual story continuity then "Evil/Dark Ryu" doesn't actually exist as Capcom japan has stated before Evil ryu is just Normal Ryu except he just lets "go" and indulges his killing intent.

Ryu gets stonger or does things he wouldn't normally do because he is "letting go" he is "not holding back" there is no "Evil RYU" and the only time Capcom have stated that this so called "Evil RYU" even made an appearence is whenn he fought Sagat

As you know Sagat beat him to a Pulp and then Ryu "lost it" "he let go" and put that mark on his chest with the Dragon punch it was stated that it was within that brief moment Ryu became what you define as "Evil RYU" but only for a few seconds he then regained control and took out Sagat with the Hadouken

It was from that time that Ryu became troubled with himself and began to go on a search about the mysteries of the dark hadou and how to tackle it.

So Ryu and Evil Ryu shouldn't really be defined as two different things as this Evil Ryu is just Normal Ryu except when he wants to win at all costs thats all.

Capcom of Japan have stated they didn't want Evil Ryu to even exist within the games as it is a misinterpretation of how they wanted Ryu to be seen in this state they just wanted this new state of Ryu to be perceived as Ryu but not holding back or letting go" but it was Capcom of America that really put him in and even then alot of Evil Ryu's story's are done in "what if" scenearios never actually really in the continuity of the story really.

Also somone spoke abvout Sagat losing to Adon if you read the Story line into it Capcom states that Sagat threw the fight and let Adon win so that he wouldn't hurt his pupils pride or confidence.

I am sorry but you have to disregard alot of what you see in some of the movies as it is just made up and is cannon.

Like street fihgter 2 the animated movie is all made up and is cannon more or less

Evil Ryu is Ryu unlocked potential. smile

Hoshi
ryu evil potential in fact

dvampire
I was just wondering what the best match would be between any 2 given characters from Mortal Kombat or street fighter. But I do not want this thread to be just about everybody arguing about which game is better. I just want people to discuss what match will be the best and give the outcome and reason. It can be street fighter against street fighter, SF vs. MK, or MK vs. MK. I really don't care but just don't make it about which game is better. For me I will do SF vs. SF: Akuma vs. Gill. Who will win? You decide.

Shin Akuma

Then Gill. I still don't know how powerful Gill is, but this guy spilt the ocean by just raising his hand.

Evil Ryu

M. Bison

Oro, Orochi and Igniz should have been on that list too. smile

CorderaMitchell
Gill is cosmic, honestly akuma should only be able to put up a good fight against him.

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Gill is cosmic, honestly akuma should only be able to put up a good fight against him.

I disagree. Oro is up there with Akuma and Gill in power too. Oro and Akuma fought and stalmated each other (even though nether one of them was fighting at full power); they was just testing each others power. The reason why Oro fights with one arm and seals his power is to keep from killing his opponents.

Oro belief in himself and that anything is possible has propelled his skills forward and taught him many secret fighting techniques. Boredom with his hermit lifestyle set in and he soon realized he needed better ways to pass time. During tedious days, he became aware of the fact that many people weren't prepared for the knowledege he was now ready to share. In order to find a succesor for his secrets and extensive martials arts, Oro journeyed forth in search of worthy fighters (he found Ryu)

Oro is currently trainning Ryu (as we all know), so I look forward to seeing what new powers Ryu gets. smile

CorderaMitchell
Well it was known that akuma shungokusatsued, Gill but he survived, only Gen did that and he lost his mind and soul

Granted shin akuma, oro, and gill are the baddest, but fighting oro is a joke to gill and especially shin akuma

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Well it was known that akuma shungokusatsued, Gill but he survived, only Gen did that and he lost his mind and soul

Granted shin akuma, oro, and gill are the baddest, but fighting oro is a joke to gill and especially shin akuma

I don't know if they're stronger then him or not, but hes very powerful if he fights with one arm and seals his power. But I guess we will have to wait until the next SF. big grin

CorderaMitchell
amen to that brother]

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.