Introducing: Onslaught Unmixed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
A new team has emerged to take on the big boys. Introducing Onslaught Unmixed:

Current Magneto
Professor Xavier (with a special walking device)
Shaman Nate
Franklin Richards as Psi-lord

How do they do (no prep) against:

Fantastic Four

New Avengers (Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Sentry)

X-men All-Stars (Iceman, Storm, Jean Grey (Grant Morrison), Emma Frost, Cyclops, God Cable)

Modified Uber Four (Apocalypse, Firelord, Hal Green Lantern, Mangog)

Defenders (Namor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Dr. Strange)

Infinity Watch All-Stars (Warlock, Gamora, Pip, Moondragon, Drax)

Blair Wind
ok wow... thats a lot of people! But i would have to say that even though these 4 are not just one being, that they would still woop ass. I mean you have current Magneto with all his new powers, Xavier with his big brain, Nate and his powers, and then Franklin.....I mean they might have some trouble with people like Surfer but Id still say they kick butt.

Linkalicious
I'd say pretty much the Defenders and the Infinity Watch are the best suited to take on the likes of the people mentioned above.

Whether or not they would win is kinda tough to tell...but those two groups have a more than decent chance.

Mainstream
Finally Xavier can stand up to bad guys!

Linkalicious
aren't we just the punny guy today. (supposed to sound like funny embarrasment )

Mainstream
it was kinda funny...but serious Onslaught Unmixed sounds like a very power group of mutants.

Linkalicious
is this a new comic series or something?

I've never heard of this unmixed crap before.....Onslaught was a good story in theory, but poorly executed.

Mainstream
I think he made up this team...but it sounds like a killer idea.

demigawd
Yeah, it was just my theme team. I come up with them from time to time.

Scoobless
Shaman Nate on his own is more powerful than Onslaught was

demigawd
Well, I wouldn't say that. Onslaught never had a chance to REALLY get going. By the time he started unleashing the full extent of his power, the heroes finally stopped him. But remember...he created a second sun. That's pretty high level reality manipulation.

Mainstream
Onslaught will be back....it's only a matter of time.

kgkg
damn new avenger sucks now.
-sentry is a one man team.

i don't think they can get by the Defenders

Scoobless
Originally posted by demigawd
Well, I wouldn't say that. Onslaught never had a chance to REALLY get going. By the time he started unleashing the full extent of his power, the heroes finally stopped him. But remember...he created a second sun. That's pretty high level reality manipulation.

true, but i think that if Onslaught had fought Nate Grey rather than tricking him into being absorbed Nate would have kicked his ass....... that was before he had access to Franklin Richards powers... i think....

Mainstream
maybe.

Linkalicious
I only have up to New Avengers 3.

So far, I'm extremely disappointed that they killed Carnage because this comic seems to be part of MU continuity. I wouldn't mind if this was "Utlimate" because then Carnage could just pull himself back together....but what Sentry did was essentially tear Kasady in half. cry

Should be a good series though....I liked seeing everyone take pop shots at Spidey.

BootlegBoys420
Sentry's Is Still Not Part Of The Team... Hes Still In S.H.I.E.L.D. Custody... I Really Hope They Tone Him Down... Otherwise Theres Really No Point In Having A New Avangers... Might As Well Call It New Sentry Plus Some Wellwishers...

demigawd
Originally posted by Scoobless
true, but i think that if Onslaught had fought Nate Grey rather than tricking him into being absorbed Nate would have kicked his ass....... that was before he had access to Franklin Richards powers... i think....

I agree with that. I think phase one Onslaught (Xavier/Magneto) is indeed less powerful than Shaman Nate Grey. And possibly less powerful than regular Nate Grey too. I think in an extended battle, Onslaught would win on experience, though. Regular Nate took some tough losses to people like Electro, Hulk and Purple Man.

Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
Sentry's Is Still Not Part Of The Team... Hes Still In S.H.I.E.L.D. Custody... I Really Hope They Tone Him Down... Otherwise Theres Really No Point In Having A New Avangers... Might As Well Call It New Sentry Plus Some Wellwishers...

lol, you're right, there's a HUGE power difference between Sentry and everybody else on the Avengers. The New Avengers lineup is probably one of the weakest ever in terms of power. It's basically a collection of street level superheroes. Adding Sentry to that really unbalances the whole thing. There's nothing that team could do together that Sentry couldn't do alone far faster.

Scoobless
I agree with that. I think phase one Onslaught (Xavier/Magneto) is indeed less powerful than Shaman Nate Grey. And possibly less powerful than regular Nate Grey too. I think in an extended battle, Onslaught would win on experience, though. Regular Nate took some tough losses to people like Electro, Hulk and Purple Man.

He beat the Purple Man after he realised what was going on... not a bad performance there

Electro did nail him but it was kind of his own cockiness that got him beaten so easily there

Hulk never beat him, it was only turning into a proper fight when they decided to work together against Thanos..... and Nate only had TK at that time

lol, you're right, there's a HUGE power difference between Sentry and everybody else on the Avengers. The New Avengers lineup is probably one of the weakest ever in terms of power. It's basically a collection of street level superheroes. Adding Sentry to that really unbalances the whole thing. There's nothing that team could do together that Sentry couldn't do alone far faster.

Iron Man is pretty powerful but i get what you mean...... although i think Sentry would have more difficulty tracking down all the escapees than a lot of the other guys....... besides..... he's back in custody and Wolverine has only appeared in one panel so far

i really like the raport that's building between Cage and Spidey........ the webbed hands thing was a classic........ big grin

demigawd
haha, yeah, Bendis is great at creating the witty buddy movie feel between characters. If there are two people he knows better than anyone ever, it's Spider-Man and Daredevil. Small surprise they're both going to end up in that book.

Linkalicious

Which is no doubt why Sentry is so strong.

There is no Wonderman, Hercules, or She-Hulk.

Instead you get Spiderman and ummm....Luke Cage.

The team isn't even fully developed based on the cover of the first comic. Where is Wolverine?

Either way, you're right about the street level characters. The point of the New Avengers is to show how affective these "street level" characters can perform when they work together as a team.

Scoobless
Wolverine is seen in New Avengers 4..... (without giving too much away)

DigiMark007
Surfer, Sentry, Strange, Warlock, Apocalypse.

Onslaught Unmixed is in some trouble. Yeah, they're powerful, but that's a lot of powerhouses and other people to worry about. And Jean or some other psychic could just negate Xavier. Psi-Lord would be some trouble, but that isn't Franklin at his full potential (if he was at 100% then O.Unmixed might win) but I'll put in a vote for the challengers.

-DM

hoorayforpeepee
yeah, full potential franklin was named avatar or something like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.