Remember Them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Hey guys,

I thought that it might be nice to make a thread dedicated to actors and actresses that have appeared in lots of famous films, though always in supporting roles {i.e. bit players from movies whose face you'll recognise, but whose name you probably won't}. My apologies if a similar thread already exists {in which case, closing stick out tongue !}.

To start us off, how about ... John Amos? He's a little known African-American actor who played Major Grant in "Die Hard 2", and Cleo McDowell in "Coming To America". He also recently played Will's girlfriend Lisa's father in the "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" ...

SlipknoT
Gary Coleman

Ahnold
To be honest, SlipknoT, I was thinking more of actors and actresses that have appeared in several major films in supporting roles ...

Morning_Glory
Rita Wilson
Kelly Preston
Jada Pinkett Smith (since she married Will Smith... she does supporting stuff)

Ahnold
But JPS is well known! I was thinking of more OBSCURE actors and actresses ...

Morning_Glory
huh I didnt know there was rules in this thread... alsjkdhksj

thought you meants well know actresses - that mainly only do supporting acting roles

Rita Wilson is well known too

Ahnold
As a reminder:

Originally posted by Ahnold
I thought that it might be nice to make a thread dedicated to actors and actresses that have appeared in lots of famous films, though always in supporting roles {i.e. bit players from movies whose face you'll recognise, but whose name you probably won't}.

Ahnold
Sigh ... anyone at all?

Ahnold
Hmph - the thread starter goes away for a few months and his thread is completely forgotten! Grumble ...

Anyone at all have a suggestion?

Ahnold
Uh oh ...

eternalsunshine
Bruce Campbell, although he does a lot of main actor work but not a lot of people know him.

Ahnold
Good choice! I thought he was really cool in Bubba Ho-Tep as Elvis ...

Anyone else?

Zatch_Bell
Bruce Willis
John Travolta
Tom Cruise

Ahnold
Bump.

Originally posted by Tsure
Bruce Willis
John Travolta
Tom Cruise

I'm not quite sure that you've understood the purpose of this thread ...

Any genuine suggestions? I'm curious to hear 'em ...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hey guys,

I thought that it might be nice to make a thread dedicated to actors and actresses that have appeared in lots of famous films, though always in supporting roles {i.e. bit players from movies whose face you'll recognise, but whose name you probably won't}. My apologies if a similar thread already exists {in which case, closing stick out tongue !}.

To start us off, how about ... John Amos? He's a little known African-American actor who played Major Grant in "Die Hard 2", and Cleo McDowell in "Coming To America". He also recently played Will's girlfriend Lisa's father in the "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" ...

Actors and actresses who have appeared in LOTS OF as you put it, famous movies, even as just supporting roles, ARE well known by now already.

botankus
Anybody heard of Will Patton?

He was with Denzel in Titans and was one of the astronauts in Armageddon. Also, he was Hackman's right-hand man in No Way Out and the crazy guy in Mothman.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by botankus
Anybody heard of Will Patton?

He was with Denzel in Titans and was one of the astronauts in Armageddon. Also, he was Hackman's right-hand man in No Way Out and the crazy guy in Mothman.

Will Patton is a good character actor.

Ahnold
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Actors and actresses who have appeared in LOTS OF, as you put it, famous movies, even in just supporting roles, ARE well known by now already.

Well, not necessarily; at the very least, the kinds of actors that this thread is attempting to highlight certainly don't have anything like the kind of universal recognition that major stars have. In essence, all that I was attempting to do with this thread was to create a forum where people could put names to faces that most of us probably recognise, but can't identify.

Will Patton is an excellent example of the kind of actor that I was going for with this thread; he's in "Prison Break" now, isn't he?

SnakeEyes
Danny Trejo.

He is the epitome of what you are looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Trejo

lilylidou
Will Patton .
I have see Code Name: The Cleaner

Ahnold
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Danny Trejo.

He is the epitome of what you are looking for.

Indeed - an excellent choice smile ! As is befitting of this thread, I instantly recognised his face, but never knew his name (until now), so thanks for that!

Ahnold
Any more for any more?

The Grey Fox
I agree with you

Ahnold
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
I agree with you.

That' great big grin !

Umm ... about what, sorry confused ?

The Grey Fox
About Danny Trejo

Ahnold
Oh ... right, sorry embarrasment .

So then ... any more for any more?

Saige
How about Bernard Hill?

GrillingNemo
Carrie Anne Moss, Kelly Preston, Jeremy Sisto, and David Strathairn (except for his role in Good Night and Good Luck).

Ahnold
The only one of those I'd argue against would be Carrie Anne-Moss; after the "Matrix" trilogy, I'd say that her name is now pretty recognisable. The others are pretty good suggestions, though.

Tempe Brennan
Skye McCole was in a movie with Katherine Heigl and Dale Midkiff (can't remember the name) and she was just fantastic - a little Dakota Fanning, except a thousand times better.

botankus
Remember the squeaky little kid in Hand That Rocks the Cradle?

That's Madeline Zima, who is now all grown up and in Californication.

cEejay_01
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Will Patton is a good character actor.

i agree.. hes very good..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.