Spielberg worked on revenge of the sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH STEVIOUS
Spielberg Worked On Revenge of the Sith
Source: StarWars.Com March 31, 2005

In an interview on StarWars.Com with J. W. Rinzler, author of The Making of Revenge of the Sith, he revealed an interesting bit of trivia for Star Wars fans:

Steven Spielberg was involved in some of the animatic sequences in the film. Can you tell us about that?

As George explains in the book, he gave Spielberg a few scenes to play with at the animatics stage: a bit of the Mustafar duel, and Yoda's duel with the Emperor, along with a couple of others. How much of Spielberg's contribution made it to the final film, only Lucas or Spielberg could say, particularly as George revised and reinvented every scene in the film so extensively in editorial.

Mortanius
roll eyes (sarcastic) no Look at what you did, Bilb, PVS, Baily, and Sadako.

smoker4
laughing out loud

PVS
i smell bullshit stick out tongue

ickeris2003
Uh... ok

DARTH STEVIOUS
Well it cant be bs as it has come from the official site hence the making of epi 1 when spilberg was helping luacs on set plus he always shows his finished film before they go out to steven spielberg to get his advise its a known fact.

PVS
i love how you cant provide a link to this article.
for some reason it is beyond your power.

well?

link?

didnt think so stick out tongue

PVS
Originally posted by DARTH STEVIOUS
Spielberg Worked On Revenge of the Sith

btw if you're going to post a false title, remember that 'on' should be lower case stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

fezster
http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9005

it's no BS...read it and weep

fezster
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publishing/f20050330/indexp6.html

and there's the link from the official site

PVS
holy shit i stand corrected.
here is the link that matters:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publishing/f20050330/indexp6.html

edit: DAMNIT you beat me to it mad

Xam
ROTS IS RUINED,EEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYBODY RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

PVS
" How much of Spielberg's contribution made it to the final film, only Lucas or Spielberg could say, particularly as George revised and reinvented every scene in the film so extensively in editorial."

quite a frightening quote, about only lucas and speilberg knowing, and especially about GL 'reinventing every scene'.

Xam
like i said we are f*cked

PVS
i can see it now...instead of blasters, the stormtroopers will be holding walkie talkies...plus the wookies will be replaced by ewoks...and yoda WILL fart

Three Owls
hahaha, tell me about it. damn, I hate Spielberg

cal31
wow, what's with the hate for Speilberg. He's one of the best directors of our time, as much as you guys seem to hate him.

PVS
i dont hate him
but he has no business with star wars

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
i can see it now...instead of blasters, the stormtroopers will be holding walkie talkies...plus the wookies will be replaced by ewoks...and yoda WILL fart

laughing out loud

LanİeWindu™
Yes he does in fact.

If it weren't for Speilberg, John Williams would never have been hired on for A New Hope, thus we wouldn't have his fantastic scores.

Xam
SPIELBERG=E.T not STAR WARS

Three Owls
SPIELBERG=JAWS 3 not STAR WARS

mephistodesigns
#1 He can't make an original movie to save his life, everything he's done was a book first or written by george lucas. I think the only semi-original think he's worked on is Poltergeist.

#2 He kisses too much Hollywood @$$. He hangs with Lucas, Coppolla, Scorcese, and the lot of other Hollywood outcasts that are all interested in reiventing film as a whole, and yet, Speilberg's the only one who's films get Oscars because every movie he makes is too "safe" and thus he is the only one in their circle of friends who gets Oscars.

#3 He has an ego the size of Canada.

#4 He resorts to the same stylistic approaches again and again, the same stupid humor, the same family crap put in where ever he can. Like in Jurassic Park, Dr Elli Sattler played by Laura Dern doesn't give a crap about family in the book, they only mention that she's engaged to show she has something to lose. In the movie, suddenly she's having these retarded conversations with Alan Grant about settling down, having a family, and how he should want kids and put this whole stupid chemistry between them that just wasn't needed. And Speilberg does this crap to all of his movies.

Bottom line: he's just too sappy and un-original.

Three Owls
mmmyep. sums him up pretty good.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
#1 He can't make an original movie to save his life, everything he's done was a book first or written by george lucas. I think the only semi-original think he's worked on is Poltergeist.

#2 He kisses too much Hollywood @$$. He hangs with Lucas, Coppolla, Scorcese, and the lot of other Hollywood outcasts that are all interested in reiventing film as a whole, and yet, Speilberg's the only one who's films get Oscars because every movie he makes is too "safe" and thus he is the only one in their circle of friends who gets Oscars.

#4 He resorts to the same stylistic approaches again and again, the same stupid humor, the same family crap put in where ever he can. Like in Jurassic Park, Dr Elli Sattler played by Laura Dern doesn't give a crap about family in the book, they only mention that she's engaged to show she has something to lose. In the movie, suddenly she's having these retarded conversations with Alan Grant about settling down, having a family, and how he should want kids and put this whole stupid chemistry between them that just wasn't needed. And Speilberg does this crap to all of his movies.

His movies are unoriginal? 95% of Hollywood directors don't come up with the story themselves. That's what the term "writers" is for.

Anyways, this needs to get back to the topic of Star Wars Episode III or it's gonna be closed.

mephistodesigns

mephistodesigns

LanİeWindu™
Lucas is revolutionizing film with HIS OWN MONEY, Speilburg hasn't revolutionized anything but his bank account in 20 years.

That's why Speilberg keeps doing what he's doing, for the money. If he were to write and budget his own films, he wouldn't make a dime. He doesn't seem like the writing kind of type, he has a good eye, that's it.

mephistodesigns
But that's the point in the line you've quoted, he does safe movies to make money. Period. His films aren't art. They aren't these living paintings the way Star Wars or the Aviator, or Coppola's Dracula were. Why? Because its not safe to make an art picture. You might not recupe your losses, and better money than art right? no

LanİeWindu™
The only film of his that was kind of like art had to be ET. And he had to go and ruin that one too with the Special Edition.

BTW, if this keeps going like it is, I'm gonna move it to Actors & Celebrities, laughing out loud

mephistodesigns
but we're talking about actors & celebrities in Episode III! Happy Dance

Ok ok, we'll get this back to ROTS....ummmmm..... who thinks Peter Mayhew needs to be more original! wink

LanİeWindu™
He needs to cut his hair...laughing out loud

mephistodesigns
laughing damn hippies!

LanİeWindu™
He looks like a poor person, literally. He looks to have been living on the streets since ROTJ.

mephistodesigns
he's been living in trees actually, practicing his growling! wacko

mephistodesigns
what else has he been in?

unno
Spielberg has on talent: recognizing talent in others. I started a lot of great filmmakers on their way, but he can't make a good movie to save his life.

Unno

mephistodesigns
you started a lot of great filmakers on their way?

cal31
Originally posted by PVS
i dont hate him
but he has no business with star wars I see, but Irvin Kershner(Sp?)did?

Three Owls
Irvin Kershner is a good director

mephistodesigns
Yeah, Empire, c'mon! That movie friggin' rules!!!!

darthmark
Wow you people are crazy. The greatest director of our time is helping out with Star Wars and you are angry, you people are insane. Steven Speilberg is a better director than George that is fact.

Three Owls
mmmnope

darthmonkey9206
Originally posted by Xam
ROTS IS RUINED,EEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYBODY RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WTF? Speilberg is a great director. You must be smokin something dude.

Three Owls
he's really really amature...nothing special...E.T. is directed very bad(save 1 scene that's decent).

darthmonkey9206
no he's not, have you ever heard of a movie called Schindlers List? and the thing i dont get is everybody bashes lucas for doing a bad job, but when he gets someone else to do parts of the movie you all cry.

Three Owls
Well, I myself am a director(independant)...and I can confidently say...he's a crap director.

darthmonkey9206
ok, dude... wacko

cal31
Originally posted by Three Owls
Irvin Kershner is a good director eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) I'd figure somebody would say something like that. That is totally a matter of opinion, but considering Speilberg's movies have grossed more money than anybody else, I'd say he'd have to be a pretty decent director.

cal31
Well, I myself am a director(independant)...and I can confidently say...he's a crap director. Wow, thanks for your expert opinion. I'll wait till I actually hear of one of your movies, or when one actually makes it into a theater.

Sith Master X
Lets be realistic. Just because Stevie worked on a few shots for ROTS doesn't mean the movie's gonna suck. Spielberg's not a horrible director in my opinion, in fact I believe he's quite good. Though I do think Lucas is better.

smoker4
Well, I myself am a director(independant)...and I can confidently say...he's a crap director.

erm, right then no

darthmark
You anyone who bashes Speilberg has serious issues. Lets see he's won two Oscars, find me a movie thats better directed than Saving Private Ryan. His movies are all excellent. His movies gross more money than any other director. He has created more movie classics than any other director.

PVS

im sure mr. spielberg is devistated by such an appraisal.
i can just see him wiping the tears from his eyes with crisp hundred
dollar bills. really, i think its cool that you have such confidence in your directing abilities, but in putting yourself above spielberg i think you are getting a bit too big for your britches.

DCLXVI
You all are in here....bashing Spielberg, and saying RotS will suck because he helped out on a few scenes? sick
I feel really sick right now....roll eyes (sarcastic)

BTW> I preferred Lucas as a Director in ANH, a Writer in ESB and in RotJ, but neither on the PT. wink
Let's hope RotS will change this....

Sith Master X
Originally posted by darthmark
Wow you people are crazy. The greatest director of our time is helping out with Star Wars and you are angry, you people are insane. Steven Speilberg is a better director than George that is fact.

Nope, that's your opinion, and that's the only fact there is.

Three Owls
Originally posted by PVS
im sure mr. spielberg is devistated by such an appraisal.
i can just see him wiping the tears from his eyes with crisp hundred
dollar bills. really, i think its cool that you have such confidence in your directing abilities, but in putting yourself above spielberg i think you are getting a bit too big for your britches.

where in my statement do i put myself above spielberg? Oh yeah...nowhere. I'm just saying, I have an appreciation for good directors, and he is not one of them. I can quantitatively say that he's not that good.

Mortanius
Oh....lord....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

unno
you started a lot of great filmakers on their way?

Typo. I was doing too many things at once. I meant, "He started a lot of great filmmakers on their way."

Unno

P.S. Now that I re-read the post, I see that I made another typo too. It should have been "Speilberg has one talent." I must be tired.

Unno

mephistodesigns
laughing That's what I figured, just wanted to check though!

mephistodesigns
Sigh... looks like I need to post this again to squash all this Speilberg love.

I do like some of his movies, but he is WAY overhyped. He's certainly no Scorcese, or Coppola, or even a Sophia Coppola....

PVS
i understand why you dont find him as palatable as those other directors,
and that he is overhyped, but that doesnt make him crappy...not that im arguing your point, its just that others seem to be stretching your arguement to its end by declaring that he sucks.
(sophia coppola!?!?!? wtf??? thats cold laughing out loud )

mephistodesigns
I'm not saying he sucks, like i said, I like a lot of his movies, he has a handful that are stellar films, but for every one great movie he does a bunch that are just ok but over hyped because its him.

Three Owls
sophia coppola did lost in translation, no? that film was good/and goodly(I know it's not a word) directed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.