Luke Cage vs. Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
Ok, first I would like to apologize for making yet another Sabretooth featured thread. That aside, what interests me most about these characters is their body types.

So what happens when Luke Cage and his unbreakable skin go up against the current Sabretooth. And if you are willing to share, I would also like to know how Luke would pit up against Wolverine with his adamantium skeleton.

long pig
So, you like thier bodies huh? thats cool, its a free country.
heh

I doubt Luke could take either wolverine or sabretooth, they both have adamantium skeletons and claws.
Luke would last longer with sabretooth than wolverine tho.

Linkalicious
Elaborate on why you think this way...

What are adamantium claws going to do against a guy who had unbreakable skin?

Scoobless
it isn't completely unbreakable.... it's just steel hard, adamantium claws would go through him

Wolverine did once fight a guy with proper "unbreakable skin" before though..... he claimed to be a morlock....... i don't know his name..... it was in a story with the Mole Man and Spider-Man involved

Wolverine couldn't cut him

Linkalicious
I'm asking this because I don't know...

Have you ever actually seen his skin break?

Either way, if it's as hard as steel or any other metal....who's to say Wolverine has sufficient strength to push that claw through his skin?

Scoobless
i saw him get burned once...... but that was with some kind of acid....... i also saw Scorpion beat the living sh!t out of him...... he had blood pouring from his nose..... don't remember if his skin actually broke though....

Tormentor_2004
It's obvious. Good guys always win. Plus, Luke's stronger

Linkalicious
I have the Secret War comic and in the 1st issue Luke is near dead because he suffered a shit load of internal injuries...and the doctors couldn't open him up to help out.

Assuming the claws can't pierce his skin....

How does the fight go? (people feel free to continue arguing about the claws ability to break his skin if you feel fit)

jinzin
couldn't the claws peirce his eyes. that'll end the the fight right there.

Scoobless
yeah........eyes, mouth.................anus......fear.......lol........Wolvy can take him down....... painfully if need be...... evil face

jinzin
oh man.....so....many.....horrible mental images at once.......yyyyaaaauuugggghhhh!

what a way to go.

Linkalicious
Yes, i knew that Wolverine or Sabretooth could do something like stick their hand down his throat or gouge his eyes...

I felt that he'd be a good character for this matchup because of those vulnerable areas. Whether or not Sabretooth and Wolverine can find the soft spot is something I was hoping people would discuss.

Scoobless
i stillthink Wolverine can cut Cage's skin..... i don't have many of Cage's appearances so i don't know if it's been cut or broken before

talon00x
Powers: Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength, dense muscle and bone tissue, and steel-hard skin. His recovery time from injury or trauma is about one-third that of a normal human. (marvel.com)

Sabretooth turns him into a big pile of censored.

Adamantium is the second hardest metal in the Universe (other than magical metals and other magical things). I could see why a doctor wouldn't be able to cut him, but sabretooth wasn't cut out to a surgeon devil2.

The strength deal doesn't matter, sabretooth has fought so many countless strong people he know how to fight them, just like everyone else.............without mercy devil2.

His recovery time makes no difference as sabretooths healing factor is light years more advanced than his.

By the end of the night sabretooth will be in a bar hitting on some hot chick, and Luke will be searching for his insides devil2.

giljotiini

Heracles
Ok as an old timer who has a lot of issues of Powerman and Iron Fist from the 70s let me clear this up.

Cage's skin ISN'T unbreakable In fact it has been pierced a few times by metals a lot less durable than Admantium.

Stiletto and Discus both penetrated his skin in the books as have armour piercing shells from rifles.

And as for strength I do believe that Sabretooth is now super strong at around the 7 ton mark according to some sources.

The Original Powerman was more like the 4 ton range so in fact Sabretooth may well be as strong if not stronger than Cage.

Cage has held his own against guys like Bushmaster, Hulk, Wonderman, Thing and the Rhino in the past despite the fact they far outmatch him in strength.

So weighing the scales this is another brutal fight and a hard fought one but Creed has the edge.

I vote for Sabretooth.

snoopdogg
In the new Handbook it says Cage can lift 25 tons. It also says that a high powered surgical laser can cut his skin so I am not sure if adamantium claws would cut him, though Im leaning towards that it may. But after a hard fight Victor will be the victor.

crazyspinz
you guys are talking like cage's skin is like colosuss's but its not, adimantium would make short work of it

snoopdogg
Oh I am not saying that at all. Cages' skins is nowhere near Colossus' is. I do think that Vics claws would cut cage.

talon00x
It would cut through colossus's steal skin also, ITS ADAMANTIUM.

long pig
wolvie already tried to cut colossus' skin, and he couldnt.
Hard to believe but its true.

Heracles
You know thats my whole issue with Marvel right now.

Even they have no clue who's powers are what, the Original Cage could press 4 tons he lifted a Truck Cab once and Iron Fist was surprised as it was more than he should be capable of and Powerman turned round and said " I noticed there was no engine in this cab can't weigh more than a few tons"

He also body checked a truck side on cause if he had taken it head on it would have taken him out.

This was why I liked Cage so much he wasn't the strongest or the toughest but he didn't know the meaning of the word quit and would take on anyone regardless of Strength level.

And the Original handbook gave his level of strength at 4 tons.

Now I can handle events taking place that make guys stronger but seems Marvel is losing the plot with there own characters back stories.

Sabretooth never had super strength originally but was the ultimate survivor and healed quick.

Then all of a sudden in the 90s the cartoon had him flipping cars and now hes super strong.

Fact is Sabretooth was an Iron Fist villain long before he was Wolverines arch enemy and he was a tough if limited opponent now old Creed seems to be Wolverine on steroids complete with admantium skeleton.

For me both characters qualities was the fact they weren't afraid of anyone and would keep getting up when they got put down.

These new versions with enhanced powers just don't cut it for me.

The true test of a Hero ain't the powers its the fact they take a stand when others take a powder.

Thing is even if Cage is stronger now I still think Creed as the edge hes the better more experienced fighter and his claws can pierce Cages skin but Cage isn't going down without a fight and this was is going to be bloody and brutal.

Linkalicious
Ok, so where Sabretooth's claws would cut someone like Spiderman just from grabbing his arm....I doubt that's goingt to happen with Cage, but a full on swipe should get a pretty good gouge in him.

I think the fight would start out pretty good, but once Luke fatigues a little or makes a mistake...Sabretooth gains the upperhand and continues to gain momentum.

manjaro
definitley sabretooth. simply becuase they both are arguably in the same STR range(at least according to marvel.com). even though they havent stuck a precise pin on how strong cage is, it was normally understood that he was no stronger than 10 tons no weaker than 4. and according to everyone creed has received a massive upgrade. so i would put him in that same class.(even tho it would likley seem that he was upgraded TO Cage's level)

the fact of the matter is, unlike spiderman who has his superior speed, reflexes, and web slinging that spidy supporters like to fall back on. Cage would have no choice but to brawl it out sabretooth. so there wont be any out witting or out smarting, its fight or die. the fact that sabretooth got that healing factor , and the claws thats whats gonna make all the difference. in Daredevil(when he declared himslef the new kingpin) ive seen cage stand up to concentrated rapid gun fire from high powered rifles, even in his face. not that it equals adamntium but that shows me he can stand up to alot of damage, but sadly in the end i would say that the claws can definatly pierce his skin. however, i wouldnt go out on a limb and say that Vic could just kill him straight up, cuz cage has a healing factor of his own, but he would definatley beat him down.

32Cage
Originally posted by manjaro
definitley sabretooth. simply becuase they both are arguably in the same STR range(at least according to marvel.com). even though they havent stuck a precise pin on how strong cage is, it was normally understood that he was no stronger than 10 tons no weaker than 4. and according to everyone creed has received a massive upgrade. so i would put him in that same class.(even tho it would likley seem that he was upgraded TO Cage's level)

the fact of the matter is, unlike spiderman who has his superior speed, reflexes, and web slinging that spidy supporters like to fall back on. Cage would have no choice but to brawl it out sabretooth. so there wont be any out witting or out smarting, its fight or die. the fact that sabretooth got that healing factor , and the claws thats whats gonna make all the difference. in Daredevil(when he declared himslef the new kingpin) ive seen cage stand up to concentrated rapid gun fire from high powered rifles, even in his face. not that it equals adamntium but that shows me he can stand up to alot of damage, but sadly in the end i would say that the claws can definatly pierce his skin. however, i wouldnt go out on a limb and say that Vic could just kill him straight up, cuz cage has a healing factor of his own, but he would definatley beat him down.

32Cage
Cage defeated Sabretooth in Power Man Iron Fist issue #84

TheKahn
I think Cage would put up a hell of a fight, but what really seals the deal, as someone else mentioned, is speed. Cage could do some damage by ripping off skin and muscles. But with Creed's speed and reflexes he should be able to avoid many of Cage's blows and can wait for a open shot.

Does anyone know just how long Sabertooth's claws are? Save for the throat and eyes are his claws long enough to get to a vital area?

Piedmon
Good fight, I've got to say. Both are excellent fighters. Although Cage is stronger (by a good 10 classes), Sabes has the strength to put his adamantium claws through Cage's skin.

I'm going to say it's just 5/5. Could go either way.

snoopdogg
Good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.