Domestic Violence Victims Affected by Gay Marriage Amendment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam_PoE
Ohio lawmaker, William Healy, has introduced a bill to define domestic violence as an act committed when individuals reside together, regardless of marital status. The new law however, will only affect heterosexuals in non married relationships. The domestic abuse law will not apply to same-sex couples because of the constitutional amendment.

Tex
If they treated everyone equally crap like this wouldn't have to happen in the first place.

The Tired Hiker
So, let me get this straight; in Ohio, you can beat up your gf, but you can't beat up your wife?? WTF huh

finti
yeah in Ohio you can beat up your gf just call her a sparring partner and everything is cool, your wife on the other hand............well she is your wife so she has other things to do in the kitchen than play around all day with you

lil bitchiness
Domestic violence has the higest rate out of the violent crimes. It also has the highest unreported rate too, and this kind of shit is what makes it even worse.

Ugh, how revolting.

On another note, I seriously dont get why would gay couples WANT to marry?
Marrage is property of a hetrosexual relationships which it seems to me has been set as a 'norm' for everyone else.

tabby999
one of the reasons gay couples want to marry is so that if one dies, the other gets their assets, if a person dies and they put their "next of kin" it goes to first their husband/wife, if they dont have one then to their next closeest relative. if none is named, to the government or to a independent body. so because legaly the gay couple cant marry, there is a chance their "partner" wont get jack shit from their will. there are other reasons, its makes sence for them to be allowed to, everyone preaches for black, hispanic, asian, arabic, jewish, indian etc equality and rights, why not the gays too? they're just as human as anyone else

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by tabby999
everyone preaches for black, hispanic, asian, arabic, jewish, indian etc equality and rights, why not the gays too? they're just as human as anyone else

This has nothing to do with rights, but social perspective - i am very pro-gay, but Im trying to udnerstand why would ideologically gay couple want something that has been established by hetrosexuality and imposed as a norm to the rest of us - marrage seems to be a norm in this day and age, its an imposed sociological idea and everyone accepts it. Well almost everyone...

They should have the right, of course they should, but why would they want to ideologically practice that right, is my question.

finti
because like tabby said , they stand stronger when it comes to assets if one of them was to die.
Also since marriage is the norm as in the ultimate way of showing a couples love for each other why should gay couple do it as well then.
To me marriage aint worth more than living together.

lil bitchiness
Assets are material not ideological.

Its not worth anything - marrage is an institution - pointless one that make people do crazy shit.

finti
could be ideological though.
I dont see why there is such a fuss about marriage rights, but since someone still lives in the dark ages when it comes to what should be morally right well....................... the institution of marriage is becoming more and more nothing but a wet dream

lil bitchiness
...and which also makes people pass stupid laws like the one stated in the first post.

finti
indeed so

ragesRemorse
i have been affected by gay marriages. Yesterday, i had to sit next to some gay guy couple. You should keep that hidden. Why show off your abnormalities like that?

lil bitchiness
Holly hell, what the hell do you say to that?

finti
you poor thing

Alpha Centauri
I agree with Lil.

Marriage, to me, is only really needed if you are planning to have kids. Can't see why gay couples would want to marry.

However they deserve the choice.

-AC

ragesRemorse
who knows what goes on in those gay heads? Why not should they have rights equal to any other couple engaging in marriage. It's not exactly sacred. It has has been never sacred. big deal, if gays get married then there will be them of them out on the streets, they will be home together, not neer me.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Assets are material not ideological.

Its not worth anything - marrage is an institution - pointless one that make people do crazy shit.

It is an accredited custom which brings social, financial and legal benefits which they see absolutely no reason that they are not entitled to. Simple as that. Trying to make out that they should see it as some sort of alien thing strikes me as very weird.

It's not 'owned' by heterosexuals- it is a universal right.

finti
why?, I have a kid and I for sure aint married, so why marry just because you gonna have a kid, are you more mom and dad to the kid if you`re married?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It is an accredited custom which brings social, financial and legal benefits which they see absolutely no reason that they are not entitled to. Simple as that. Trying to make out that they should see it as some sort of alien thing strikes me as very weird.

It's not 'owned' by heterosexuals- it is a universal right.

This is like, 3rd time in this thread Im gonna say this - noone is talking about their entitlement - of course they should be entitled, the question was why would they want to practice that entitlement.

And no, you're wrong. Its not a ''universal thing''. Marriage is very heterosexual thing - from the ancients till now it has been connected with religion and ''having kids'' . Marriage has always in its history been connected with institution of 'having children' between men and wife and some ''family continuity'' - IE. having a kid outside of marriage makes the kid bastard, illegitimate.

And today legal side works on the similar principle, but the core of Marriage as an institution is established by heterosexuals for the reasons not worthy of it. All of the things you can do in marrage you can do outside it.

Even bigger weirdness is why so many of hetrosexual couples are still practicing marriage when they so clearly dont believe in it.

In sense, homosexual couples are having hetrosexual relationships.
I just think they should have their own little thing (with the legal entitlements) - something new and hip, as opposed to ''marriage''

Jackie Malfoy
That is right I heard about this.People should be marryed anyway before living together.JM

SlipknoT
Ok Ronald Regan..

ms_erupt
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Ok Ronald Regan.. laughing That was great.

lil bitchiness, I see where you're coming from. You're talking about the whole ideology of marriage. It's just a sociological concept that's been pushed on people. And, you're not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to get married. You're asking, why would they want to?

My thought is this. Because it is just that. A sociological concept. I mean, from childhood on you're raised to think of marriage as the greatest display of love. Like, you grow up thinking of marriage as the ultimate way to "seal the deal". Whether you're gay or not, those things are going to stick with you. (Sorry I'm so ineloquent in my speaking. I really lack the skills to express my thought clearly.)

finti
guess I`m hip then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.