Do You Beleive in Soulmates?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Well there's the question..........

Do you believe in fate in the course of love? shifty
Do you believe there is one person out there for each one of us?

And that eventually you will find this one person? love

shaber
I'm just a Miner for a Heart of Gold rock

phoenix chii
Hmmmm my mom and dad knew they were destined to be together......right from day one..............so maybe out in that big mad world theres a guy out there for me..............but it could be a long journey..........so i'll have some fun on the way..............

LegolasIsMyMan
I used to believe that, i mean, i fell in love the first time i seen brian,adn we dated for 2 years broke up and started dating again this december, and broke up last sunday, so i dont' beleive in it anymore, because if it was so , you wouldn' lose that person ever.

silver_tears
I see it this way, I seriously think that there really is one person out there for each of us. And that eventually you are bound to find them, and when you do you will definately know it, like the whole sparks flying thing and all love

total metalhead
its not always certain you'll find the one person though. there are plenty of people who get divorced or live single all their lives. i believe that its up to you to find your soulmate, you cant just wait for it to happen. you just sometimes have to listen to the voices in your heart, not the ones in your head (or other places)

§pearhead
Hell yes! I'm a fatalist--things happen for a reason. This is just another thing in life that happens because it is the best for everyone.

silver_tears
I think that they will find you, even if they live half-way across the world love

beaujay1
i think that there really is one person for us, but most people don't spend enough time looking for him or her.

steely balls
i don't believe in it because not every one will find them

phoenix chii
well i agree with silva..............i do u think u will know the moment u meet them

silver_tears
I love the part in Butterfly effect at the end where they see eachother love

§pearhead
messed never saw it

silver_tears
it's great thumb up
but I really do think that when you find that person you will know love

§pearhead
read romeo and juliet, see what happens to them thumb up that was a first glance thing as well erm

total metalhead
you know, a soulmate doesnt necessarily have to be the person you fall in love with. i think it can be really good friend. for example, theres only one girl i have ever truly loved, and when it came down to it, i know i would have chosen my best friend over her, because i share so much with him, we have very similar personalities and we totally understand each other. maybe im just not experienced enough in this kinda thing, but that what i think.

silver_tears
I have yes
and was in the play, but they gave up everything to be together, they knew they were meant to be.

§pearhead
you know sam...i kinda agree with you. my best friend is exactly like that--we can finish each others' sentences messed

silver_tears
I don't have a best friend cool

total metalhead
and another point, love can come and go over time. lovers grow apart, but when you have a true friend, that friendship will last forever. also, love can be based on fickle things, you can think you love someone when you dont, but you cant fake a friendship.

flavinho
i don believe your born to know someone and be happy, but some people are very similar and when they are lucky enough to meet each other, a great friendship or true love may appear...

Krabs55
i think people fall in love more than soulmates ,but i do like the thought about the best friend thing ...that is different

silver_tears
Sam that so sweet love

DezW
we are like that too with Elanor and Sesy O.o;

Elanor
yes and we find out each other's thoughts! its so funny stick out tongue

§pearhead
Sorry, I gotta quote saturday night live right now.

"It appears my soulmate is mating with another soul!"

laughing out loud

silver_tears
hey, mine too sad

flavinho
laughing out loud

total metalhead
i just had a thought, if there is someone for everyone, what happens if the person for you dies? does fate automatically allocate a new soulmate or are you screwed? erm

silver_tears
I think you would die too cry

total metalhead
but then we'd have millions of unexplained deaths each year roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
Um...well then...if you never meet up with someone, then you'll know sad

silver_tears
millions sam roll eyes (sarcastic)

total metalhead
yes! think how many people die in a year worldwide, then (according to your theory) double that number. that would almost certainly be in the millions yes

silver_tears
but your soulmate may not necessarily be your age erm

flavinho
or maybe fate puts a new one in the world and you have to wait him/her to grow laughing

§pearhead
hey tmh, here's a demented theory. lets say that already happens now. if your soulmate dies, then some twist of fate causes you to die.

it could happen...maybe. messed

total metalhead
what about disease, disasters, accidents and wars? just as many people die from those things as people who die from natural causes yes

total metalhead
thats scary confused

silver_tears
That's probably why they happen all over the world yes

total metalhead
you have a very strong belief in fate dont you

silver_tears
yes actually I do big grin

total metalhead
do you believe in choice then?

silver_tears
Of course I do, but who determines the choices you have to make wink

Crash Overload
I will say this: Yes I believe in soulmates.

total metalhead
i dont know, i find it hard to get my head round this kind of thing erm

enlighten me big grin

silver_tears
about what big grin

total metalhead
^ i guess that was a rhetorical question. im dumb sad

silver_tears
Oh sorry you took that wrong embarrasment
But I meant if you make a choice, who gives you the choice in the first place smart

total metalhead
yep. me dumb.

would you laugh if i said God?

flavinho
maybe the choices you made before?? i dunno

silver_tears
no, not at all big grin
it's different for everyone, but I think God gives us a path to follow, and there's choices along the way, but they eventually lead to what you were destined for.

total metalhead
so basically, no matter what we do, what choices we make, we are still headed for the same fate at the end of it all?

silver_tears
I think so, I think there's a place we all end up, it may just be death, or it may be heaven or hell, but we end up there anyways. So it just depends how you get there. Your choices eventually lead there, but you can choose whether you get there the easy way, or make stupid choices and make it so much harder for yourself. happy

total metalhead
that actually makes a lot of sense, although im not sure i like the idea of having my life set in stone without the possibility of changing it erm

although you never know, what we've been talking about could all be complete bullshit yes

silver_tears
It could, but it gets me motivated each morning, knowing all my hard work will pay off, and knowing that the choices I make now most likely will be rewarded happy

But back to soulmates..........................embarrasment

burlyman
I think the real question here is Do You Believe in South Wales? wink

Dogbert
This seems more like a GDF topic...

and no, I don't believe in soulmates.

Agent Phillips
I belive in South Wales, I live there

iluvpippin
nope, dont beleive in anything.

tassie
I believe it, i hope i find my soulmate love
not everyone ends up with their soulmate, like u said, if they died, i doubt u would die too, u would just get together with someone else, and you'd never know who ur true soulmate was sad
i hope to hell that never happens to me

Tired Hiker
Soulmates are lame. erm

§pearhead
So's life sad

Tired Hiker
Yeah. sad

§pearhead
Being depressed sure sucks sad

total metalhead
turn those frowns upside down big grin

silver_tears
you're all banned from all my threads................

starting right now smokin'

beastnpyro
hhmmmnn.... i dun fink soulmates are real.... i fink its juz coincidence...(its juz like the luv at first sight thing)

aleast i fink thats how it works...

Evy_O
I don't believe in soulmates... There are more than one people that one might feel strong affection for, but they just end up with one of them. If it wasn't him/her, it would be someone else.

lil_ms_nonblond
i already found mine... smile i think. but you know. things change. though we wouldn't want them to.

rusky
Yeah I do..

Meant2be
I believe in soulmates. But that doesn't mean that you don't "fit" with other people.

Soulmates to me are souls of people you loved in a previous life. (Yes, I believe in reincarnation.) You just know that person so well, although you never saw him/her before (you think). That instant connection. That's a soulmate. Although your conscious doesn't remember your past, your soul does and so it recognizes your buddies when you meet them in this life.

I also believe in fate. Some things are simply "meant to be". I believe we are here in to learn our lessons and move on to a next life to learn some more. Eventually, we don't reincarnate and stay in "heaven" after we all fulfilled our tasks on earth. To learn from this life you live now, some things should happen that are related to you lesson. That is your destiny.

Well.. that's what I believe.

rusky
mmm...nice thumb up smile

i slayed buffy
i dont really know

Myth
I don't believe in soul mates. Not one bit. I believe that their are plenty of people compactable for others and the relationship is made by what you make it to be.

punkyhermy
i believe in soul mates.i think everyone meets their in the course of life but few decide to spend their whole lives with them...
take bruce and andy from mask of the phantasm for instance.They were soulmates,everyone saw that.but in the end they choses not to live their lives together,even though they knew they will never find anyone who fits them like they do.they just gave that up!i ...hope i'm making sense here....

Ellen
is that true!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.