Grand theft auto san andreas will it ever be a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wazz
Grand theft auto san andreas will it ever be a movie? It would be really good to see that happen. smile

jaden101
no...it wouldn't...for one thing it would be about 100 hours long and have about a million different sub plots

and it would just be so believable in film that a gangsta from da hood would singlehandedly break into area 51 (or 69) and steal a top secret black project

DeVi| D0do
^ haha, nice cool

ericadurancefan
im surprised they havent made a grand theft auto movie yet its a brilliant concept that could be deliverded to the big screen with a all star cast and i for one would love to see this happen

movie_freak
If they are gonna make a GTA film, might as well be GTA Vice City.

Jackie Malfoy
Because video games movies offen fail badly.I doubt it if they will make a movie out of this one.JM

Myth
Not true, just look at Street Fighter or Double Dragon.

Spooony
iu hope they dont GTA pisses me off

ms_erupt
I always thought that GTA: Vice City would make an excellent video game. It had a great storyline.

OB1-adobe
Why??????? The game is basically a movie in itself. Not only would they have to cut out chunks of what happened, it would only fall under negative criticism.

Same thing goes for all of those idiots who think Metal gear Solid should be made into a movie. WHY????????

That game is more movie than game. To me it is a movie I can't wait to see every 3 years, but it played on my playstation, and not the movie theater.

You make a movie out of any of this, you get a majority of people screaming that universal word:

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

So why bother

TheFanboy
No way this needs to be a movie, just enjoy the game. It really erks me how so many TV shows and games are becoming movies these days.

ms_erupt
Wow, I just realize that I typed in that GTA: Vice City would make an excellent video game. embarrasment

OB1-adobe, why do you have to start calling people names right away (idiot) just because they don't think what you think?

mad I think that GTA would make a great movie because it had a good storyline. I'd like to see it on the big screen. That's my opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right. It just means that's what I think. The guy asked a question and I answered it honestly. Christ, it's not like I just told some to nuke the moon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

IceWithin
very VERY VERY unlikely

Smasandian
GTA if it was made into a movie would be exactly the same as any other gangster movie.
Thats where GTA got its storylines and missions, straight from gangster movies.And because its from a game, talented directors like Scorcese or any other "gangster" director wont do it. So what you would get is some hotshot that does music videos doing it.

Cinemaddiction
Err..they already did? Boyz N Da Hood..Menace 2 Society..yes

Smasandian
Oh yeah. But still the idea of making a movie about a game that takes its ideas from movies doesnt really sit with me.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Spooony
iu hope they dont GTA pisses me off Why? are you not a fan of good games or something?

Erryk T
wazz^ evr1 what yall doing

FlappingMangera
I feel like GTA San Andreas is loosely based on so many movies that it wouldn't make sense making the game into a movie

BackFire
Rockstar has said they don't plan on releasing the rights for the game to be made in a movie. Doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

Wolfie
There are already plenty of "gangsta" movies. A movie basically will be the same thing only with the GTA name attached to it. Wasted money to buy the rights.

Smasandian
Exactly, because GTA has taken major scenes and characters in "gangster" movies and translated it to videogames.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.