Tenebre - Dario Argento - DVD just rereleased

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zilverz
I havent watched Tenebre yet, but a New DVD was just released that reinstated the 10 minutes of cut footage ... so this new DVD release is Uncut and Uncensored. Ill be sure to post up my thoughts on the movie after i check it out. Just a heads up for any Argento fans that might not have known.

slayer
Thanks a bunch for the info smile

MildPossession
Uncut dvd has been out for ages here.

Zilverz
Originally posted by MildPossession
Uncut dvd has been out for ages here.

not in the US

MildPossession
Yep, shame...

Zilverz
I watched this new edition of the DVD this weekend. I must say that i like argento style. He came through sith certain camera angles on a few scenes that was just beautiful. For those that have seen this film.. if you remimber the short scene where the killer is washing his bloody razor under a tap ... that closeup was out of this world ....as for the entire movie.. i think for its time... the story and execution was great. Many movies have copied the killer/who done it plot since then .. soo it isnt as unpredictible as if i watched it when it was released. But it by no means cheapen the film. Many characters Had charcter depth .. and i loved how lots of scenes had errie music. For those that are Gore Hounds .. many scenes of people geting slashed with a razor and chopped up with an axe .. Im glad i finally got a chance to see this film .. it was totally worth it

PRO-PAIN
I've never heard anything about this, who re-released it?

Source?

The only thing that was supposedly missing from the dvd release I have is 15 seconds of the killer walking about the piazza due to print damage.
The version I have which is the Dario Argento Collection is the uncut version except the 15 seconds mentioned above.

It is my fav. Argento film along with Deep Red.

This is the version I have.

Wendigo
I

Wendigo
I have never heard of this movie........................... no expression

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by Wendigo
I have never heard of this movie........................... no expression

You should def. check it out, it is a great movie. yes

Zilverz
anchor bay released it on 03/16/05

looks like this

http://www.bargainflix.com/img/coverart/59/134759.jpg

PRO-PAIN
I don't know where you got your info but it's wrong,no that version has been available since 12/31/1999

Check the Anchor Bay site, here is a link to their site with all the new releases and Tenebre is no where on there, like I said that version you have has been available since 12/31/1999

In all actuality Anchor Bay didn't release any movies on 3/16/05

Look at this first link and then the second. wink

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/index.asp?p=Search&srTime=new

Look at the Anchor Bay home page and at the top right there is a search feature, type in Tenebre and you will see.wink

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com

Zilverz
you are correct and I am horribly wrong. I misinterpreted NETFLIX release of the movie. I guess they finally decided to carry a copy years and years later .. when the release date finally came and they shipped me the DVD even the packing said never be seen addition 10 or 15 minutes of cut footage has been restored .. something like this rare and uncut version blah blah ..

i appologize

PRO-PAIN
No worries man, just glad to help you out...LOL I don't use Netflix, hell I don't even hardly rent like I used to, just occasionally, I mostly just buy now big grin

Tenebre is def. my top Argento film though, nothing but class.

BREN
never heard of argentos tenebrae????,was released uncut in quite a few countrys,aus being 1 of em on vhs back in the early 80s,uk vhs was slightly trimmed e.g only 1 choping scene to the womans hand,very stylish giallo movie in my view...AWESOME!

The Redeemer
Picked it up in Paris in '99 at The Virgin Store for a song. I don't know what all da fuss is about! It's not exactly a great monument of giallo cinema! DEEP RED is far superior!

MildPossession
I agree with Redeemer, it's not one of my favourite Argento films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.