The Inferno!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laydiiplayette
Get Ready for...

The Inferno!!!

Okay, here are the teams, and stuff. Find your name, and get to know your teammates, PM them, chat with them, etc. Things are going to heat up. Your first mission will be in a few days.

Bad Asses:
Black Panther - Lord-of-dreams
The Punisher - illadelph12
Midnighter - Khellendros
Lady Deathstrike - Dael Fishd Evil
Wolverine - SnakeEyes
Nightcrawler - ayjay
Beast - StormFront13
Spider Woman III - GalacticStorm

Good Guys:
Black Canary - Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
Batman - Arsenal
Nightwing - Kento
Cyclops - pr1983
Moon Knight - AznDragon
The Challenger - ScarletSpider
Psylocke - poP-ItSHake-iT
Temugin - Va N E L L A 13

long pig
That sucks, im not in there. that makes me sad. sad heh

Kento
I wonder why.

laydiiplayette
You didn't respond to the Private Message/Invitation that I sent to you.

DigiMark007
Go Bad Asses! Cooler team name = I'm rooting for you.

-DM

poP-ItSHake-iT
What are you talking about? Go Good Guys! Good Guys always finish first!

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
Thats right!

dael fishd evil
No, no no. We have the better name, so of course you are going to fall to our supreme bad ass power

Va N E L L A 13
Uh... No.

pr1983
We did get a weaker team... psylocke better have telepathy...

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
That sucks, im not in there. that makes me sad. sad heh

Originally posted by laydiiplayette
You didn't respond to the Private Message/Invitation that I sent to you.

i never even got a PM............... hmph........

Kento
Originally posted by pr1983
We did get a weaker team... psylocke better have telepathy...

But we got Batman who else could we possibly need? batman
roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Originally posted by Kento
But we got Batman who else could we possibly need? batman
roll eyes (sarcastic)

batman can only do so much...

long pig
Originally posted by Scoobless
i never even got a PM............... hmph........
me either...pffff!

long pig
the punisher, black panther AND wolverine in the same team?

they take this on their own, the rest will be meat targets.

laydiiplayette
Scoobless and Long pig, are you sure, I was sure that I sent you pms, but I guess not, I guess you could join now, since there are 2 of you. PM me if you are interested.

Kento
batman can only do so much...

confused That was sarcasm lol.

But Cyclops, and Batman...They'd fight over who was the leader cause I can't see Batman conceding to Cyke, and Cyclops leads the X-Men.

pr1983
Damn straight stick out tongue

maybe we can come to some sort of compromise...

Kento
Ya'll two better. stick out tongue Gonna be hard enough fighting the other team gonna be even harder with two leaders fighting over who's better.

pr1983
Ya'll two better. stick out tongue Gonna be hard enough fighting the other team gonna be even harder with two leaders fighting over who's better.

Not a question of who's better (me stick out tongue), co-leading can be done...

Kento
Not a question of who's better (me stick out tongue), co-leading can be done...

laughing Course it can be done but who'd be willing to take the backseat.

Scoobless
if we join do you pick our characters?

laydiiplayette
You need to pick a street level character. I need both of you to join in order to let you in, because it needs to be an even # of players

Scoobless
well if long pig wants in i'll join to make it even

pr1983
laughing Course it can be done but who'd be willing to take the backseat.

neither would... a compromise could be reached...

Kento
neither would... a compromise could be reached...

Yea true.

Khellendros
the punisher, black panther AND wolverine in the same team?

they take this on their own, the rest will be meat targets.
Don't count out Midnighter, he's like Wolverine plus Batman without all the angst when he has to kill some b*tches.

long pig
ill join ya scoob, I pick deathstroke

stormfront13
go BADASSES!!!!

Scoobless
ok, then i'll take Taskmaster

long pig
ah, hell.
good pick, it was a toss up for the two for me.
i went for DS cuz of his precog abilities

Scoobless
i picked Tasky cos i loved his limited series

long pig
me too, it was great. i liked him even in the deadpool comics.
task will mess you up if you dont take him out quickly.

cray z 4 sarah
ladii are you still going to manage the battle of the sexes forum since your starting the inferno? you really must like realworld road rules challenge

stormfront13
yeah both her and i really like real world road rules challenges.

pr1983
ill join ya scoob, I pick deathstroke

ok, then i'll take Taskmaster

so which team gets which?

Scoobless
ok, which teams are me and pig on?

cray z 4 sarah
i like real world road rules to i was just saying

long pig
DeathStroke would fit in better with badasses instead of the good guys.

Lord-of-Dreams
Go bads!! I'm leader, called it!! teehee!
Yo Playette, are you gonna open another thread for the actual events? It would make SO much sense.
OK boys, we need to have a ring of PMs going around. Bios, statagies, pics, the works. I also need a second in command to set up the mutiny (lol!!). Who's best against whom, whos good at what, whatever.

long pig
good i was hoping for the badass team.
its gonna be a bloodbath.

long pig
ah, hell.
good pick, it was a toss up for the two for me.
i went for DS cuz of his precog abilities
well, he doesnt have actual precog, his reaction time is so fast it looks like it(i.e he was fast enough to shoot the flash), thats what i meant, he cant really "see" into the future, surely thatd make him above "streetlevel".

SnakeEyes
So how is this gonna work anyway?

Scoobless
well, he doesnt have actual precog, his reaction time is so fast it looks like it(i.e he was fast enough to shoot the flash), thats what i meant, he cant really "see" into the future, surely thatd make him above "streetlevel".

yeah?.......well Tasmaster can catch bullets....... stick out tongue

Khellendros
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
Go bads!! I'm leader, called it!! teehee!
Yo Playette, are you gonna open another thread for the actual events? It would make SO much sense.
OK boys, we need to have a ring of PMs going around. Bios, statagies, pics, the works. I also need a second in command to set up the mutiny (lol!!). Who's best against whom, whos good at what, whatever.
I nominate myself for second in command. I like to think I'm a decent strategist, and I can put together bios on all our characters and PM it to everyone on our team.

No offense to Scoobless, but I'm hoping we get Deathstroke. When fighting people like Psylocke and Temugin, we could use the help.

Scoobless
no offense huh?........... i'll think about it........furious

pr1983
am i alone on this one?

long pig
yeah?.......well Tasmaster can catch bullets....... stick out tongue
Pshhh!
DeathStroke can grow his entire head back if it or any other part gets cut off, makes wolverines healing factor look like neosporin.
is taskmaster immortal? huh? huh?

Khellendros
OKAY. Team Badass has now been sent a PM containing our characters' abilities/powers. A couple characters were hard to find a lot of info on, so if you want something added to your characters write-up, you can PM me and I'll send out updates to everyone else. Once Laydii decides who the newest memeber of our team is, they'll get the same PM and everyone else will get a write-up of the newest character in their inbox.

EDIT: couple things I want clarified about the other team:
1) What powers does Psylocke have access to?
2) Temugin took down Iron Man without the Mandarin's rings. I'm assuming he's entering into this contest without them also?
3)Black Canary. Is she bringing her sonic scream into this or just fighting skills?

Flora
HELLO EVERYONE wanna talk

laydiiplayette
Okay. Here is the thing. I told Nella that she may choose 1, only 1, ring to use in each battle, so that she isn't a total powerhouse. Psylocke has her telekinesis, and katana, no telepathy. Black Canary has her scream. Long Pig and Scoobless, can you pm me your character bios so that I can okay them?

Khellendros
Okay. Here is the thing. I told Nella that she may choose 1, only 1, ring to use in each battle, so that she isn't a total powerhouse. Psylocke has her telekinesis, and katana, no telepathy. Black Canary has her scream. Long Pig and Scoobless, can you pm me your character bios so that I can okay them?
O_O Wow. Well, then may I give Midnighter the ability to use doors, which are basically portals he uses to travel around with? They count more as gadgetry than powers, though.

laydiiplayette
I guess. But doesn't he have to have a power to make those doors into portals. It seems like its fair game.

Khellendros
I guess. But doesn't he have to have a power to make those doors into portals. It seems like its fair game.
Jawsome. big grin

stormfront13
so whats the basis of this will it be like battle of the sexes or something different??

laydiiplayette
Most likely will be different, because these are a lower class (no offense) of heroes, so they may be les challenging tasks, that may be suited for normal humans more than super heroes.

stormfront13
good idea

Kento
am i alone on this one?

Alone on what?

Khellendros
One more thing, for clarification. Is Scarlet Spider's character, The Challenger, this guy: http://www.geocities.com/jjnevins/challenger.html

laydiiplayette
I believe it is.

Va N E L L A 13
I am such a byter. I am sorry Khellendros, but I copied you and made a team roster with powers and abilities for my team. All the good guys should have gotten a pm from me. I'll send the stuff about the new people and to the new people. when that is decided.

cray z 4 sarah
this is gonna work like the real show right a mission then nominate an opposite team player to the inferno?

pr1983
Alone on what?

i thought i'd be alone in debating for the good guys...

Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
this is gonna work like the real show right a mission then nominate an opposite team player to the inferno?

i believe so...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Va N E L L A 13
I am such a byter. I am sorry Khellendros, but I copied you and made a team roster with powers and abilities for my team. All the good guys should have gotten a pm from me. I'll send the stuff about the new people and to the new people. when that is decided.

i looks like i'm going to be on the "good guys" team as well...... forward me the PM you sent

Lord-of-Dreams
Are we gonna hold this thing in this thread? Or will it go down in another? I really want to know.
And Badasses, is noone gonna argue with me for top spot? I don't want anyone to, but I don't feel like getting at it with someone during the first task.

Scoobless
do we need a leader? aren't we just going to post arguments as per normal?

pr1983
do we need a leader? aren't we just going to post arguments as per normal?

For each task we'll need to decide which member can do the best in a given task...

Scoobless
ah....... so we only enter 1 character per task then?

pr1983
ah....... so we only enter 1 character per task then?

i think so...

Scoobless
cool......cos dude....... i am the task MASTER...lol

long pig
thats nothing compaired to....deathSTROKE the terminATOR!

pr1983
cool......cos dude....... i am the task MASTER...lol

oh no...

Scoobless
thats nothing compaired to....deathSTROKE the terminATOR!

um....... i don't get it.......lol

long pig
come to think about it, i dont either .

DarkCrawler
Scoobless and Long pig, are you sure, I was sure that I sent you pms, but I guess not, I guess you could join now, since there are 2 of you. PM me if you are interested.

I answered your PM....

cray z 4 sarah
"ah....... so we only enter 1 character per task then?"
if ladii makes this like the real inferno then it will be a team mission both teams compete then after that the teams each nominate a player from the opposite team to a inferno mission (1 0n 1) then there is another team mission where the nominees to the inferno get a chance to win a life shield and sacrifice another team player to the inferno, thats how the real show works wether ladii changes the rules is up to her

Kento
I should watch that show to know whats going on ^^; Cause I'm still confused about it.

cray z 4 sarah
its a really good show

pr1983
I should watch that show to know whats going on ^^; Cause I'm still confused about it.

as am i... but mtv doesnt show it here anymore...

Kento
as am i... but mtv doesnt show it here anymore...

Its on here..I just don't watch MTV or much tv at all. I'd only watch Inferno just to not be confused about this but no idea when it comes on.

pr1983
Its on here..I just don't watch MTV or much tv at all. I'd only watch Inferno just to not be confused about this but no idea when it comes on.

as long as i know what im supposed to do i'll be happy...

laydiiplayette
i looks like i'm going to be on the "good guys" team as well...... forward me the PM you sent

Yes, you are right, Deathstroke (Long Pig) will be on the Bad Asses team, and Task Master (Scoobless) will be on the Good Guys team.

And for you Dark Crawler, you answered my first pm, but not my second one asking which character you would like to be. You and BaddSpellah failed to reply to a pm that i sent that asked which character you would like to be. If you can get him to join and tell me which characters you would want to be within the next day or 2, I will accept it in, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Scoobless
could you give us all an idea of how this is going to play out?...... i've never seen the TV show that's been mentioned so i'll need it explained

Va N E L L A 13
yeah, what are the rules?

laydiiplayette
I will shortly. Right now, I am just letting everyone get to know who is on their team and what they can do, so that there will be less confusion when the actual game starts.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
How many more people will be joining?

stormfront13
i don't know who asked this but the show airs on mondays at ten o'clock on MTV- its a really really good show i've been watching all the challenges since they started and nw i'm hooked. totally worth watching

Kento
Monday's?? I could swore my cousins were watching it last night. Just don't know what time it was.

cray z 4 sarah
yeah it is a catchy show ive been watching it since the first inferno

laydiiplayette
It is on Mondays at 10 o'clock, but there are several reruns throughout the week. Mondays are the new ones.

Kento
Oh well yea that could explain it. Sucks I never get to watch tv at that time.

laydiiplayette
Well, it doesn't look like anymore people are that interested in joining, so I am going to stop adding people.

stormfront13
ok so when does the actual inferno start?

cray z 4 sarah
oh wait ppl could still have joined is it to late for me to ask to join?

cray z 4 sarah
if you find another person could i join im a huge fan of the show

Lord-of-Dreams
Playette already said its too late.

Arsenal
I'm The Batman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Arsenal
I'm The Batman.

so do we call you Mr Batman or are we going with the less formal "The"?

wink

Arsenal
so do we call you Mr Batman or are we going with the less formal "The"?

wink
"The" because I am no mere mortal, I'm The Batman

Scoobless
well The, it's slightly better than what i was going to call you

Arsenal
well The, it's slightly better than what i was going to call you
Okay Scooby.
Love you. Always.

laydiiplayette
One last addition. This is final, so nobody else can join. Cray z 4 sarah will be joining the bad asses as Black Cat. Allenecuisine will be joining the good guys as Miho from Sin City.

Kento
Okay so now we got all the competitors?

cray z 4 sarah
nice im in

laydiiplayette
Yes, there are no more competitors.

Khellendros
Meh, I'm beat, so I'll let someone else on ym team distribute info on these new players.

Lord-of-Dreams
Ok. Pleaaaase may I join? Please?? Come on!!

(Ok. Just testin you wink)

Scoobless
lol

i have no idea who Miho from Sin City is......send info

Va N E L L A 13
To my team. I sent you all information on Miho. PM if anymore questions on characters arise.

Lord-of-Dreams
Its called a PM, Miho. The oppositoin team doesn't really want to here about your plans. wink

cray z 4 sarah
is there a new thread the battles will be held on?

cray z 4 sarah
oh and no one from my team sent me any info

Lord-of-Dreams
I asked that 100000000000 times. Noone will answer me.

cray z 4 sarah
what you ask the info or the battles?

laydiiplayette
Probably, because it would be too confusing if it were held on this page. Its already 6 pages long.

cray z 4 sarah
am i missing our in some team info or something cuz i didnt get any pm's lol

cray z 4 sarah
oh and will black cats badluck power be allowed?

laydiiplayette
No, that will not be allowed, because for some missions, that are too hard for us to decide by ourselves, I will use a probability program, that will first give me a percentage of success, and then run a test to say what would happen, if it were to actualy happen.

cray z 4 sarah
did you just see the episode of the inferno who was nominated landon and karamo?

laydiiplayette
Okay. Now that everything has settled in, I will post how this will work. Alot of this depends on PMing. Sometime between missions, I will post a time. That will be the time that the mission will start, so you have to have on person on your team be online to accept the mission. For each mission, you will pick 1 team leader will be ultimately responsible for what your team does. For example, I will make a mission, your team will pm each other to see what would be a good strategy to use. At a certain time, I will request the strategy from both team leaders by PMing. Then the mission will start, you will post your strategies, and debate on them. After the mission, your team will start PMing again, discussing which member of the opposing team, your team would like to send into the Inferno. Then I will request the name of that person. Those two people will be put into the Inferno. The Inferno is like a 1 on 1 mission. Each Inferno has a different voting rule, such as, only guys, only girls, the weakest link, the strongest link. The guys and girls rules are simple to understand. The weakest and strongest links, are for this. For every new strategy that an individual makes, and for every counter strategy that an individual makes, they get a point. There is a list that I will have that will range from the most to the least. This list is then divided in half, so that everyone on the higher part of the list is considered a stronger link, and everyone below is a weaker link. The winner stays, the loser leaves.

Is this clear? If it is not, feel free to ask questions, pick your first team leader, post them on the new thread, set a time to discuss with your team, and get ready for the Inferno.

Arsenal
Can you post an updated list of the teams or get a mod to update the 1st post please?

laydiiplayette

laydiiplayette
Let me remind you that just because someone has a character that is a good strategist, it does not mean that the person him/herself is a good strategist. You should choose someone who is a good debater to be your leader.

LordFear
Hey that's not fair how about me.
I am a senior member!!!
What an outrage dudes!!!!
I wanna play too fellas!!!

laydiiplayette
dot dot dot...

pr1983
The good guys have at least two or three really good debaters (not counting me embarrasment)...

Co-operation will be essential...

laydiiplayette
but you can only choose one.

Scoobless
one to post but everyone else can contribute by PM......... right?.......or what?

Va N E L L A 13
One to post the final starting strategy for your team i think.

laydiiplayette
In 2 hours, your team leaders must be posted on the inferno; mission 1 page. You then get the mission, and have 5 hours to deliberate.

GalacticStorm
I think we're gonna hav to work out that time scale cos some of us like myself arent from the U.S. Im like 5 hrs ahead of u so its 12.30am now.

Scoobless
yeah........ i'm in the UK too........ and i'm 5 minutes away from going to bed...... we're going to need at least 24 hours for everyone to get a shot

Va N E L L A 13
That is the problem, because there is going to be at least one person that has a time setting that is way different then everyone elses, so it is basically impossible to find a time when everyone will be online.

Kento
Yea..That's gonna be kinda hard.

GalacticStorm
Well before the mission starts we should all work out a time scale that works for everyone otherwise this whole thing doesnt really work out

Scoobless
we can leave PM's for people to get when they come on...... but we definitely need at least a day per round

Va N E L L A 13
Well, Laydii isn't going to be back for a while. She just left on a plane ride to Tokyo with her co-workers for a business trip. Lucky intern.

Scoobless
ok, i'm going to bed.....sleep1...... you'll have to work out the time thing with laydiiplayette without me

try to get something that sounds like it will work

smile

Va N E L L A 13
i think we can just pm around for 24 hours. You should pm too. I doubt that she will care. You know who indecisive she is.

laydiiplayette
w00t! I got wireless internet on the plane. Okay. Let me say this. I will give you 24 hours to give me your team leaders, as well as your starting strategy.

Khellendros
God in heave... BADASSES, we have GOT to distribute our AIM names to each other, because sending out 9 PMs every time a subject needs tob e brought up is going to be a big pain in the balls. Even if only half of you have AIM, we can still talk on aim and act as go-betweens for those who can only PM. Any Badass with AIM, PM me once you see this message so we can start conferring in realtime.

long pig
I agree, My aim is hairyparaballs. heh
who is the leader, you or Lord-of-dreams?

Ive researched all the feats of our team, and i must say....we kick ass.

Im happy to be thrid in command....gopher n such :P

does everyone understand our characters in depth? ask me any questions about certian ones if your arent sure. I work at my comp so im usually here.
ok
letmeknow
-dustin

GalacticStorm
Whats the time scale for the missions and the time we have in between misions? We all need to work something out cos some of us are from the U.K. Surely it would be better if that was worked out before this whole thing starts. What if missions werent started or decisions werent made until everyone on the team had made their views known thru PMing each other? I dunno. But we need to sort sumthin out or this isnt gonna work out.

laydiiplayette
It will either the be span of one or 2 days.

Scoobless
are any or all of you on MSN messenger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.