Best voice cast in an animated movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chez
...What do you think?

Personally, I think it's hard to go past 'The Lion King' for voice casts, with the likes of James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Jonathan Taylor Thomas , Moira Kelly, Whoopi Goldberg, Nathan Lane, and so on. Not just because of the number of familiar voices, but also because it was clear that the voices fit the characters, instead of just being crowd-pullers . roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shrek 2 (with Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Eddie Murphy, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, Antonio Banderas, etc) had a great cast for the same reason.

So... any thoughts?

Cinemaddiction
Toy Story...

Tom Hanks
Tim Allen
Jim Varney
Don Rickels
Wallace Shawn
R. Lee Ermey
John Ratzenberger

angelsflame265
Finding Nemo had a good voice cast

Red Superfly
Toy Story or Monsters Inc.

yerssot
I really liked Ray Romano in Ice Age

Clovie
antonio banderas as Puss.

The Inkeeper
I just love Ray Romano anyway, Everybody Loves Raymond yes
So i liked him as manny, but i liked Tom Hanks in toy story.

Still, my money goes on the big three, Shrek, Donkey and Puss

yerssot
I like the guy that played Scar in The Lion King too

Electrocat
Originally posted by Clovie
antonio banderas as Puss.

Yeah. Totally agree. Antonio knows what he's doing, eh?

And I also think the dude that played Scar in TLK did an Excellent job. But why does Scar have an english accent and Mufasa doesnt if they're brothers, Simba sounds like a kid from Lowa and Sarabi sounds like a black african native?

belbel300
All of the lion king cast were brill and shrek

powerfulone1987
Can't forget Holly Hunter as Helen/Mrs. Incredible in "The Incredibles".

Amazing voice acting and an amazing voice by itself. Very Unique.

fruits
Robots had a very well known cast doing voices.

Ewan Mcgregor
Robin Williams
Amanda Bynes
Halle Berry
etc.
etc.
the list goes on

chez
Originally posted by fruits
Robots had a very well known cast doing voices.

Ewan Mcgregor
Robin Williams
Amanda Bynes
Halle Berry
etc.
etc.
the list goes on

The only problem was, most of the celebrity voices were pretty nondescript. And I still don't know why they chose the British Ewan McGregor when they were wanting an American accent... huh Oh well.

Lord Shadow Z
Tom Hanks - Toy Story 1+2
Bill Pullman - Titan A.E.

IceWithin
Shark Tale

powerfulone1987
What did you type shark tale for, this thread is about voice actors, shark tale is not a voice actor.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Can't forget Holly Hunter as Helen/Mrs. Incredible in "The Incredibles".

Amazing voice acting and an amazing voice by itself. Very Unique.

Got to agree with you there, she made that character her own.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Got to agree with you there, she made that character her own.

Yup, she did.

I also forgot about Violet's voice.
That's kind of unique and good. I like it.
When I bought the dvd and started looking at it over and over, it took me a while to get a really really good liking to Violet's voice, but I did and it's good.

SaTsuJiN
I thought Prince of Egypt had some nice voice talents

chez
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
What did you type shark tale for, this thread is about voice actors, shark tale is not a voice actor.

We-ell, actually, it was originally for voice casts, not individual voice actors, but close enough. wink

powerfulone1987
oh, that explains it, my fault.

loompaland!
My favorite voice cast is probably The Incredibles. Elastigirl had that same lisp...and you could see it...as Helen Hunter. Brilliant.

And Christian Bale as Howl! I'm sorry but I love that movie! HE DID THE BATMAN VOICE! HE MADE ME GIGGLE! Billy Crystal was pretty good too.

BoyScoutKevin
Among those I've seen, it has to be Toy Story 2. How can you beat a voice cast that includes Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Don Rickles, Jim Varney, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Annie Potts, Wayne Knight, Estelle harris, Jodi Benson, Dave Foley, Robert Goulet, and Jonathan Harris.

star22
I like the voices from Lion King a lot. Also, Robin Williams as the Genie, and the voices from the Increadibles.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by BoyScoutKevin
Among those I've seen, it has to be Toy Story 2. How can you beat a voice cast that includes Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Don Rickles, Jim Varney, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Annie Potts, Wayne Knight, Estelle harris, Jodi Benson, Dave Foley, Robert Goulet, and Jonathan Harris.

What voice did Jodi Benson do in Toy Story 2?

movie_freak
Billy Crystal - Monster's Inc

b-dan
i liked the cast in princes monokaie i think thats how u spell it but it had a good cast

ladygrim
monsters inc smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.