darth revens lightsaber hilt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthStarkiller
does anyone have a picture of revens lightsaber hilt from KOTOR

Julie
uh no....why do you want to know?

Darth Maverick
Revens hilt, aint it the same as all the hilts in KOTOR, they all look the same to me

mephistodesigns
totally, i really wish they'd have, in one of these play a jedi games, where you actually get to build your lightsaber, and actually design the hilt. That'd be awesome... at least there's that toy of "build a lightsaber" comin' out though!

Darth_Janus
Well, I imagine all lightsabers look unique since they are built by a Jedi themselves, over a long period of time (Sometimes throughout the Jedi's life.) However,in the game they all look the same, sadly.

DarthStarkiller
well i am going to make a prop replica

Julie
ummm in a video game the hilt would be really really small so it wouldn't make much of a difference

jackstain
cant u just b normal and say handle. and anyway, the hilt is not the handle. it is the part of the sword that protects ur hand.

http://www.apva.org/exhibit/hilt.html

Julie
I could be normal but why??? and we're talking lightsabers so it could have a hilt too...just really small ineffective top piece for looks

jackstain
yes it culd have a hilt, but theyre talking about a handle.

Julie
true...but they started by talking about "hilt" hence the title of the thread...so I just went with it

jackstain
oh, but i wasn't talkin about you though, i was correcting them, not you.

Julie
statement: ah, now I see. Next time be clearer, meatbag

jackstain
im not sure what meatbag means, but it doesnt sound good, so Eff off.....next time be smarter.

Darth_Janus
Next time be a bit more understanding. For one thing, meatbag is a reference people who have played KOTOR through can appreciate. Instead of asking for clarification and then responding, you went and took the offensive rather half-cocked. And before insulting other people's intelligence perhaps you should at least get to know them better. Oh wait... that's common sense. Nevermind. You're exempt.

jackstain
why would she call me meatbag, ive never played that all the way through, nor have i ever said anything about playing it, ever. so dont try and defend ur girlfriend, if she can insult me, i can do it back.

Darth_Janus
I'm sorry, I think you somehow misinterpreted what I was saying and thus, getting at: if you had played the bloody game you would not have taken offense in the first place. She merely assumed that you might know the phrase, and if you did not, apparently she did not expect you to insult her back. Honestly, if meatbag is something worth your time when it comes to insulting others back, I think it is you who needs to stop taking things so seriously. You have stated in numerous threads that people attack you no matter what you say, but you fail to point out (and correctly so) that you have little good to say about anybody or to anything. People don't care for disrespect. That's called manners. Maybe your mum or dad would have shown you that much back when you learned your ABDs...

Jaymach Ral'Tir
SO back to the topic of the thread: Someone needs to check out Luukesabers (not a spelling mistake, it's meant to have 2 u's). Try to google for it. Darth Revan's saber isn't on the site itself (in the History section), but Darth Malak's is, and it's pretty much the same. They also have many, many, many other saber's. Sorry about not being able to post links, but this forum has decided to tell me I'm not recognized enough to do so.

Julie
it's telling you what? How are you not recognized enough?
That's just weird

Jaymach Ral'Tir
The exact message is...

"Sorry but you are only allowed to post links once you are more well known. This is to deter spammers. Thank you for understanding"

I'm afraid I have to catch them out on this one. I don't understand, they suck, I'm only trying to help.

kingfreak
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
cant u just b normal and say handle. and anyway, the hilt is not the handle. it is the part of the sword that protects ur hand.

Actually Darthy, I would suggest cross referencing your terminology before spouting off. Or maybe even taking the time to visit, a library, museum, or get books on weaponry in history. The nomenclature you are trying to amend is actually the correct terminology. The guard is not solely the hilt, it is one PART of the hilt, as is the grip and pommel. The swept hilt rapier is not referring to only the sweeping of the guard, though that's the main eye catcher, but more the entirety of the design of the hilt as a whole giving it the swept look. You will also note that in all accurate replicas or historical pieces, the "swept hilt" ranges from the pommel to the guard asthetically completing the entirety of the hilt.

Anyone who has fought in any re-inactment or studied the art of the sword can verify that the common nomenclature for the guard, grip, pommel section of the sword is the hilt. Ergo, the saber "handle" as you call it, is actually a hilt. Being that they probably want to make more than just the grip.

In the lightsaber terms, the hilt would be the emitter, the grip, and the pommel which has the energy pack in it (I believe, someone may have to check me on that, been a while since I studied the anatomy of the saber.).

I have cross references for you if you would like. You could also google sword hilt.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Jaymach Ral'Tir
The exact message is...

"Sorry but you are only allowed to post links once you are more well known. This is to deter spammers. Thank you for understanding"

I'm afraid I have to catch them out on this one. I don't understand, they suck, I'm only trying to help.

Just wait a bit, its an insurance so that people can't sign up to spam the forums. Everyone has it to start out with I believe.

kingfreak
Darth Starkiller,

You could aslo check some of the gamer magazines with KOTOR info in them. Sometimes they have character profiles, sketches, and even weaponry sketches. They had to model it from somewhere.

If you REALLY want to be daring, you could always e-mail the design division of lucasarts and see if they will send you pics, just tell them you are a fan and wanting to build the saber for your own personal use. Lucas gets kinda paranoid about copyright and selling, so you might want to add in that you have no plans to sell it, you know keep it PC.

kingfreak
Jaymach,

No worries, I got the same thing, soon we will be important enough to post links. It's kind of like a right of passage.

LordSorgo
revans original

kingfreak
Now that is a hansom hilt.

Is it just a belt piece? Or will it be EL fitted, for fight uses?

DarthMandalore
is that Revan's?

darth-yoda
why would they make a real metal version of revans saber hilt or if someone made that were did they find the source im not saying your wrong sargo i respect you but just wanna no were you got it from
p.s could you pls make me a sig with revan in mask and cape and nihilus in it with darth yoda at the bottom id love that thanx for the one you gave me y wont it work

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN

http://www.apva.org/exhibit/hilt.html
Hilt - The handle of a weapon or tool.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hilt

kingfreak
That's twice now Darthy's been corrected on jumping the gun without proper reference. Humorous.

heh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.