Nine Inch Nails Astoria Concert

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Did anyone else go besides Deathblow and Vic?

This is what I gathered the setlist to be, it's in correct order for the first 5 but after that it's just sorta close:

Music from the With Teeth teaser.
The Frail.
The Wretched.
You Know What You Are?
March of the Pigs.
Home. (It was a new song. He said 'That was a new song' and on the net people had been saying he played Home prior to saying that.)
Piggy.
Burn.
Terrible Lie.
Closer.
Gave Up.
Suck.
Reptile.
The Day The World Went Away.
Wish.
The Big Come-Down.
The Hand That Feeds.
Even Deeper.
Star****ers INC.
Hurt.
Head Like a Hole.

I'm surprised that he was saying "I'm leaving the past behind" etc and then played ALL old songs, not that I'm complaining. I would have prefered The Great Below and La Mer, or We're In This Together instead of The Big Come-Down, Even Deeper, Burn or Suck.

Although I can't complain because they WERE all performed excellently.

The highlight, for me, was probably Wish, Terrible Lie or You Know What You Are?, but March of the Pigs was stand-out. As was Closer.

-AC

Lana
Like I said...you lucky bastards.

No, I wasn't there, not in the right country at the moment, and I couldn't even get to the damn listening party in Chicago miffed cry

Deathblow
Yeah I was hugely disappointed that they didn't do The Great Below. I'd also been hoping to hear Sin, Ringfinger and Heresy too. Standouts for me were March of The Pigs, Star****ers Inc. and Wish, but as you said, they were all performed excellently. Superb show, best I've seen for over a year.

Oh yeah more thing; does Trent look buffed up now or what!

Alpha Centauri
Vic just informed me that they also performed The Line Begins To Blur, which I hadn't hear prior to the gig.

I heard all I wanted to hear on PHM bar Sin. I kinda think they shouldn't have played Even Deeper or The Big Come-Down....or Suck. Replace those two with The Great Below, Into the Void and The Fragile.

Yeah Trent looked pretty chunkadelic. Must have been hitting the gym.

As pointed out during my post concert discussion with Vic, he said that he feels it was one of the worst. Not necessarily because it was shit, he just didn't get into it. He, like me, enjoys all the intricate parts of NIN songs which they don't seem to have while playing live.

In time I think it'll be knocked down a few pegs in my concert book, but I loved it.

-AC

Df02
i know what u mean about the intricacy being lost in live performances...
lots of bands ive seen live and even tho the gig was excellent ive left feeling unsatisfied!

Death From Above 1979 being the main 1...

Alec Empire is actually 1 of the few artists (hate saying Alec Empire is a band...cos its a name and it dont sound right imo haha!) who can pull off the intricacy and leave me walking away feeling satisfied completely!

jaden101
ive got a ticket going for the barrowlands in Glasgow...well...maybe...i still haven't decided if im going to go yet...

Alpha Centauri
You mean you own a ticket? Or you haven't decided on buying one? Coz if it's the latter, ebay is your only hope.

If you don't wanna go, ebay the ticket. Rake in the money.

Df02: In the song Just Like You Imagined, there's an awesome little piano solo. They don't play that live. I really wanted to hear that song but I don't think he'd playing instrumentals anymore besides The Frail.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Wasn't bad, expected more from it I think.

Current band line-up is underwhelming.

Alpha Centauri
I always thought of Danny, Charlie and Jerome as members of the live band, Robin I could see being replaced.

Aaron is quite good and I can see him being better with time once he gets fully used to playing the songs, Jeordie needs to be dropped though.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Trent and co.

Always is.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Df02: In the song Just Like You Imagined, there's an awesome little piano solo. They don't play that live. I really wanted to hear that song but I don't think he'd playing instrumentals anymore besides The Frail.

-AC

Just Like You Imagined is probably my favorite NIN song right now and yes that piano solo is awesome.

By the way, was there any songs played from the With Teeth album other than The Hand That Feeds?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

The Line Begins To Blur and You Know What You Are?

The latter was f*cking awesome.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You mean you own a ticket? Or you haven't decided on buying one? Coz if it's the latter, ebay is your only hope.

If you don't wanna go, ebay the ticket. Rake in the money.

-AC

yeah...got a ticket already...they sold out in about 3 minutes...the barrowlands is a pretty small venue so the demand should be quite high

Darth Revan
You should sell it... NIN tickets are going for 200-300 bucks on eBay right now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.