Old Republic Vs Empire (without death star)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Trytavius
What do you think about this war?

Darth_Nefarus
The empire has a lot more advanced technologies and would have an advantage, but the old republic had way more Jedi, so I'm going to say Old Republic

Darth Trytavius
Hum well? I don't know about who will be won. I just need more replies, but good think.

Darth_Nefarus
Although I will admit a bunch of Jedi might not be able to hand the fire power of the star destroyers, those things are MIGHTY

Darth_Janus
Well, the Empire is also more militant and oppressing, which has its pros and cons. I would say in a quick, decisive war, the Empire would win. But in the long drawn out war, the Republic, though nearly decimated, would win in the end.

ArthasKnight
The Empire wins because they make it a quick, decisive war. I don't think the Jedi make a difference here. Just bomb the Jedi enclaves, shoot the Jedi out of the air, or overwhelm them with stormtroopers. Doesn't make a a difference. I think the Empire takes the victory, and quickly I might add.

Darth_Janus
Good points. The only way the Jedi could hope to turn the tide of the battle would be to be united under the banner of a superior tactician, such as Revan. Now that... that might swing things heavily in the Republics favor.

ArthasKnight
Well, you have to think about whether or not Revan is a factor here. Is this KOTOR era when Revan was still around or is this KOTOR II era when Revan is MIA?

Darth_Janus
It could be Old Republic Exar Kun era, for all we know. But I do know that if Revan was a visible figure in the Republic should it ever theoretically be attacked by the Empire, he would most likely mop up.

ArthasKnight
I agree, it depends on whether or not Revan's around. If he is then the Old Republic wins, if not then the Empire wins.

Darth_Janus
Unless... Exar Kun was somehow for the Republic and against the Empire, yet still embracing his Sith powers. Unlikely scenario, I know, but he could als manage to cow the empire by blowing up stars and all that. Force freezing the armies.

Revan Darkstar
you sort of have to say what time the old republic is, if this is the republic that wasted the ancient sith like Naga Sadow, then the republic would win. After all, Sadow would use the Emperor's spine for tooth floss and if he lost to the republic then so would the empire. But if this were the time of 200 years before the clone wars, then the empire. But in most cases, like the time of Revan or Exar Kun, or Sadow, then the republic.

Darth_Nefarus
Okay, if the old republic has Anakin and Luke Skywalker, both fully trained on the light side, against the Empire, it's Emperor and say, Darth Revan, then we'd see the ultimate battle in both space and the force.

Darth_Janus
Revan was the greatest military mind the Jedi or Sith had ever seen, clearly. He alone would win in a tactical situation, sides regardless.

Board Walker
So the old republic has superior generals and jedis, while the empire has superior tech?

Does the power and leadership of the emperor counter the srategic brilliance lf revena, bastila, and the star forge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.