The Infinity Watch vs. Justice Legion A

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Lineup For Infinity Watch:

Adam Warlock
Drax the Destroyer
Gamora
Moondragon
Pip the Troll

Lineup For Justice Legion A:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Hourman
Aquaman
The Atom
Starman
Metron

No preptime. Discuss.

Cosmic Cube
Infinity watch. They win very easily.

Draco69
Profiles for the Infinity Watch:

Drax cannot be slain by physical means. In addition to Immortality, Drax has Unearthly Life Support, Regeneration, and Recovery powers, and is invulnerable to heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, and disease. However, Drax can be Slammed or Stunned by physical attacks. Drax can only be killed by a mental attack. He can fire concussive beams and can fly at 700 miles per hour.

Draco69
Gamora has the time gem, and is capable of warping and manipulating the flow of time. Duplication (by summoning an alternate future counterpart)
Lightning Speed
Multiple Attacks
Paralyzation-Others (freeze time around foes)
Suspended Animation-Self and Others
Teleportation

Draco69
For some reason Pip the Troll can only teleport. He seems useless.

Cosmic Cube
Let's not forget Adam, who I believe holds the space, reality, and soul gems.

Draco69
Adam Warlock possessed a green soul-gem which adhered to his forehead. Its precise origin unknown, the soul-gem is one of six of its kind. The soul-gem enabled Warlock to project beams of concussive energy (whether it was his body's own energy focused through the gem or the gem's energy is not known), devolve organisms to more primitive states, and absorb the souls (life forces or consciousnesses) of other beings. The more Warlock employed the gem for the latter, purpose, the more the gem began to influence Warlock's mind to provide it more souls. The soul-gem appeared to possess a consciousness of sorts. The soul-gem contained (or was a portal to) a small dimensional world where the souls absorbed by the gem would have a shared subjective experience of a peaceful, pastoral valley. Warlock's soul-gem is the only one of the six known to have "vampiric" tendencies.

Adam Warlock possessed superhuman strength which he could increase even further by enhancing it with cosmic energy. Un-enhanced, Warlock could lift (press) about 4 tons; enhanced, he could achieve ten times that level of strength for brief periods of time (less than one hour), as when he battled Thor.

Adam Warlock possessed a number of superhuman properties and powers derived from his artificially determined genetic structure. His bone and muscle tissue was denser than human, endowing him with superhuman strength and resilience. Among his body's special adaptations was an enclave of cells able to tap and transform cosmic energy for personal use. Warlock could use this energy to enhance his physical strength, endurance, and powers of recuperation. He could also employ cosmic energy to negate the force of gravity beneath him, enabling him to fly. In an Earthlike atmosphere, Warlock was able to attain the speed of sound (770 miles per hour). He could use his cosmic energy to locate and enter natural space-warps (discontinuities in the fabric of space) in order to traverse interstellar space. He could also project cosmic energy from his hands as concussive force. The potency of these blasts remains unknown. Warlock's energy manipulating powers waned at the time he was given the soul-gem by the High Evolutionary. No longer could he direct concussive force from his hands or enhance his strength. Whether this power limitation was caused by his symbiotic relationship with the soul-gem or some other factor is not yet known. When Warlock was summoned from the soul-gem to defeat Thanos, he seemed to possess these cosmic powers once more.

Cosmic Cube
Sorry, Pip has the space gem. He can do alot more than teleport with it. He controls the very fabric of space itself.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Let's not forget Adam, who I believe holds the space, reality, and soul gems.

No. He only has the soul gem. The Living Tribunal said he can only have one.

Pip the Troll has the Space gem.

The Living Tribunal kept the Reality gem for some reason.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Sorry, Pip has the space gem. He can do alot more than teleport with it. He controls the very fabric of space itself.

He CAN control the very fabric of space. However in every battle they've been in he only teleported. He didn't possess the mindset to fully control the gem.

Cosmic Cube
I know, had to look it up briefly.

Draco69
This battle is very even in fact. With Hourman's Worlogog, Metron's Mobius Chair and Superman's 5th dimensional abilities, the Infinity Watch could lose.

Cosmic Cube
LT doesn't have the reality gem. I believe Thanos does. Adam gives it to him and he becomes an ally of the Infinity Watch.

Draco69
Does he? Oh well. Why Adam Warlock let a madman like Thanos get the reality gem is beyond me.

Cosmic Cube
Thanos isn't all bad.

Draco69
He destroyed the universe. He really needs to get a girlfriend. Why he likes a skeleton-faced prude like Death...

Cosmic Cube
I believe the Infinity Watch will win. In the large scope of things, this is far from an even battle. If Adam doesn't absorb all of their souls into the gem, Moondragon will take telepathic control of all of them, or Pip could cram them all into a black hole. With Gamora's complete control over time, the JLA will be frozen. Or Drax could blast them into nothingness with the truly infinite power of the Power Gem.

All of the infinity gems have infinite control over their aspects. This is far from even.

Linkalicious
Dude...no way Thanos has the reality Gem.

I'll have to go back and read my Infinity Watch comics, but I'm almost 100% sure he doesn't have it.

Cosmic Cube
From what I recollect, Adam gives it to him, and makes him a part of the infinity watch. I'm sure LT doesn't have it.

Thanos is not pure evil, he's just a lovesick guy. Any one of us would destroy the universe for the woman we love.

Linkalicious
I know you're right about the Living Tribunal not having the reality gem, but I'm still not sure that Thanos has it, nor am I sure that he was made a member of the Infinity Watch...

Beyonder
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I know you're right about the Living Tribunal not having the reality gem, but I'm still not sure that Thanos has it, nor am I sure that he was made a member of the Infinity Watch...

I think he does. For the most part, Thanos would like the universe to be in one piece - only because he lives in it. In the Infinity War and Crusade, Thanos helps the heroes. In Blood and Thunder, he assisted the Watch again. He ain't evil no more but still a badass.

Linkalicious
Hot damn..you're right!

from a bio I googled.

Avalonofthewind
What are the powers of Justice Legion A. I know of Superman 1,000,000 ..who is ridiculously powerful with mental and 5th dimensional imp powers...but what of the others?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Hot damn..you're right!

from a bio I googled.

I know.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
What are the powers of Justice Legion A. I know of Superman 1,000,000 ..who is ridiculously powerful with mental and 5th dimensional imp powers...but what of the others?

The Infinity Watch have infinite control over everything: Mind, Power, Soul, Reality, Space, and Time.

The Justice Legion is soooo out of their league.

If Thanos was on their roster, they could create the IG and blink the JLA out of existance.

K Von Doom
Theoretically the Gems give the wielder infinite control over each aspect but the only ones who use the gems to their full extent is Warlock and Moondragon. Drax, as powerful as he is, only subconsciously uses the power gem. Pip only uses the space gem to teleport. And Gamora doesn't even know how to use the time gem. The reality gem is (or was) with Thanos but that gem doesn't work on its own, as a ruling from the Living Tribunal.

However, against the Justice League, Warlock and Moondragon using their gems are all you need. Warlock could just steal their souls or trap them all in soul world. Or Moondragon can just mindwipe them all - no telepath can withstand someone expertly using the mind gem.

Now if the Infinity Watch didn't have their gems, the outcome would be the complete opposite.

DarkCrawler
I think Hourman (If we are talking about III) doesn't have an soul...and telepathy doesn't work on him. (He is an android)

Cosmic Cube
Gamora knows exactly how to use the time gem. It took her some time, but she eventually learned to control it. She has stopped time, traveled through time, etc.

Pip has done more than just teleport. He has used the gem to defend himself with space distortion, and manipulate gravity. He is an idiot, but he's not useless. No one with an infinity gem is utterly useless.

Infinity Watch
Infinity Watch wins. EZ as pie.

eleveninches
No way.

The JL-a would win SO easily, its not even close.

eleveninches
No Way!!!

THe JL-a would win SO easily, its not even close

Cosmic Cube
No, they don't. They lose terribly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.