Addiction to KMC Forums?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I think I have a unhealthy addiction to this site. Thus I have decided to take a two week hiatus from here.

Does anyone suffer from an addiction to this site?

I read in several magazines that Internet Forums can suck up one's social, romantic and career life. Has anyone had such symptoms? I got this from a magazine (I think it was a psych magazine):

Ask yourselves these questions:

What's the longest you have been without logging on to KMC?

How many hours a day on average do you spend at KMC?

Have you missed class/work to continue a debate/discussion at KMC?

Have you ever experienced very strong emotions (i.e. anger, sadness, happiness) from a debate/discussion?

Do you often experience muscle cramps in your hands/knuckles?

Have you ever felt more emotion (i.e. anger, annoyance, love) to another KMC member than you have to a person in your own life?

How many days a week to log on to this forum/

Have you ever logged on to this forum during a holiday (that one would normally celebrate)

Is your social life nonexistant? How many friends do you have/

Is your romantic life nonexistant? (romance with other forum members do not count) Has someone ever broken up with you as a result of your forum time?

Have you gained considerable weight? Is your diet true to the traditional food prymaid? Do you exercise often? How many days a week to you exercise?

Have you ever missed or been late to a important obligation because of your forum time? Was it more personal than business or was it vice versa?

Do you consider yourself a spiritual/religous person?

Have you ever experienced pain in your eyes?

Do you have "enemies/rivals/people you dislike" on this forum? If so, do you ever go out of your way to insult or chaste them?

What is the latest you have ever spent on forum (i.e. 2:00 am)

Do you think of this forum constantly during the day when you are not online? Do you feel anxious to get back online? Do you often feel butterflies/stomach pains when you are not logged on to KMC?

That's pretty much it. Anyhoo, as I said I have decided to take time off from this forum. I mean no offense nor affluence to anyone as per bearing of this thread. Goodbye to everybody for awhile. I hope this thread makes people think about their priorities and such.

Bye! hi2

LanİeWindu™
Hi, my name's Ken and I am addicted to KMC.

Whew...Step 1. Acceptance

IceWithin
hysterical

Maya Zurak

Lana
Hi, my name's Alana and I'm addicted.

Which I never denied to begin with stick out tongue

Linkalicious
I tried taking time away from this site...then I developed a rash I couldn't stop itching.

Came back....it went away.

I blame Yerssot. He's into Voo Doo or something.

IceWithin
Originally posted by Lana
Hi, my name's Alana and I'm addicted.

Which I never denied to begin with stick out tongue

same here

IceWithin
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I tried taking time away from this site...then I developed a rash I couldn't stop itching.

I knew it!! ranting

LanİeWindu™

lil bitchiness
Im addicted - been here longish time. Like it.

Clovie

I blame Yerssot. He's into Voo Doo or something. laughing

Hi, my name is Clov. and i'm not addicted happy

j/k bag

SlipknoT
Ohhhh I got it bad doc.

BackFire
Tex gave me some form of herpes that keeps me coming back to this site. I then passed it along to Ush during one of our "towel whipping" marathons. Whether or not he's affected by it, I do not know.

LanİeWindu™
I miss the towel whippings.

SlipknoT
I wasnt around for any of this stuff sad

LanİeWindu™
I also miss the ToMacco Slapping Machine

R0B
My name is Rob and I want a sandwhich

LanİeWindu™
You're special. yes

Lana
nyeh....nvm, double post

Lana
laughing

This place is great.

SlipknoT

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by R0B
My name is Rob and I want a sandwhich OMFG I just made one. droolio

R0B
What kind! eek!

Jackie Malfoy
I am suffering from it too.But it is one illness I don't want to get rid of.JM

AnImE_ChAoS
hi im chaos huh Nicky..>.>;;.....im addicted to KMC and KFC big grin XD oh well eh? i dont care if it sucks up my non existant social time XD i have friends they jsut live in other countires due to knowing them via net huh XD im net freak i guess lol. only time i go out is to college or to get drunk confused and the only time i leave my pc is to go to the loo get food or a drink or answer the door....blink XD im not that bad any more i guess. lol i do go out more but when i ever am online i log in to good ol' KMC and have a right giggle stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/AnImE_ChAoS2/sigs%20and%20avatars/chaossig.jpg[/IMG

ms_erupt
I can honestly say that I'm not addicted to this forum. But, I'm a member of so many different forums (6) that all together I can spend about that many hrs. on the internet in one sitting.

Oh my god, I've become a net nerd. It took me one month to become a complete and total net nerd. sad

nutella-spatz
Nope, not addicted happy
only thing i'm addicted to is nutella.... droolio

DarkCrawler
Moderators of KMC are aliens from Gliese 817 who send hypnotic rays through to computer into everyone's eyes. See, I didn't want to write this, but they force me to write this!

I CANT STOP DEBATING!

Jedi Priestess
Was addicted, quit for 2 weeks and got addicted to a few other forums, I just come here for laughs now. laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Moderators of KMC are aliens from Gliese 817 who send hypnotic rays through to computer into everyone's eyes. See, I didn't want to write this, but they force me to write this!

I CANT STOP DEBATING!

NO!! Its all lies! ninja

*neutralises DarkCrawler*

DarkCrawler
I WONT FALL WITHOUT FIGHT, ZARKON 189!

*rgh*

sexylexy32
Originally posted by ms_erupt
I can honestly say that I'm not addicted to this forum. But, I'm a member of so many different forums (6) that all together I can spend about that many hrs. on the internet in one sitting.

Oh my god, I've become a net nerd. It took me one month to become a complete and total net nerd. sad

God I know I am a complete online nerd too,and that's kinda bad. I addicted to this site,I'm on all the time, don't think I can quit smile

Imaginary
Yep yes

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I WONT FALL WITHOUT FIGHT, ZARKON 189!

*rgh* *extingushes* borg resistance is futile

LLG
I don't think I'm addicted.

Imaginary
KMC has helped me mature, and I also learn more on the Internet in general than I do at school.

ChickinMeat
well, i woudlnt say im addicted, i just find this a really great forum.

people are nice, unlike some forums ive been on

Syren

Oh God, you have a talent for saying the funniest things laughing

I was addicted, I left. I came back. I no longer care big grin

Syren
Originally posted by Imaginary
KMC has helped me mature, and I also learn more on the Internet in general than I do at school.

Excuse me for being completely blunt, but that's bollocks. KMC helped you mature? Explain how, I'll apologise profusely if your reasoning is logical happy

MC Mike
Was addicted for a couple of months but realised this is the damn internet and real life is so much more fun. I come on maybe 15 mins at most any given day, and I come on only about 4 days each week. It's boring now for some reason.

bardock
i went everyday during the summer for at least five hours. now i cant go on at all becasue my computer sucks.

DCLXVI
Yes I do. wink
The short time I spend away from it is like withdrawl from Heroine....stick out tongue

Syren
Originally posted by MC Mike
Was addicted for a couple of months but realised this is the damn internet and real life is so much more fun. I come on maybe 15 mins at most any given day, and I come on only about 4 days each week. It's boring now for some reason.

Mike, no offence intended, but why do you return at all if it's boring?

MC Mike
I get most my news from here. And check for PMs, I still get some.

Syren
Oh right, yeah, I did that when I 'left'. Kept coming back for PMs. Would you call that addiction? embarrasment

Capt_Fantastic
No, I don't think I'm addicted. I'm too busy being an alcoholic.

Tptmanno1
hehe,

yea pretty much, I am addicted.
And Syren, yes, I've matured on KMC.
Look at some of my first posts and then some that I make now.
I've also become more opinionated among other things.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
hehe,

yea pretty much, I am addicted.
And Syren, yes, I've matured on KMC.
Look at some of my first posts and then some that I make now.
I've also become more opinionated among other things.

I kinda sorta matured on KMC as well, but then I immatured too.

SlipknoT
I'm a member of Two messgae boards, On KMC I have about 23,000 posts, the other almost 200, what does that say laughing out loud

Lana
I matured quite a bit cos of KMC...and people on it...Syren herself pointed this out to me once stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Pfft, KMC addiction. Get a life.

I'll be right back, gotta go check many other areas of the forum for replies.

-AC

Imaginary
Tpt, Lana, Lance> yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.