Han Solo Vs Captain Kirk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
The ultimate battle between the 2 elderly tough guys. Who would win or would they just spend the contest firing wisecracks at each other?

Darth_Nefarus
Have you ever seen the episode of Happy Days with Mork from Ork vs. the Fonz?
That's basically what this is, except they're both like Fonzie
it's a draw

Darth_Janus
I happen to think Han's handier in a fight.

ArthasKnight
Yeah, Han wins. He's got the blaster and the skillz despite his age.

Tormentor_2004
Does Han even use the Force? Welcome back Arthasknight. Where have you been?

Darth_Janus
Hm, Arthras has been gone awhile... Wb....

And I don't think Han ever really used the Force, to my limited knowledge, but obviously the Force guided his destiny a lot. His "luck", as Obi Wan would say.

ArthasKnight
I took a little break from the boards, people were starting to get on my nerves esp. in the EPIII forum. But now I have returned. You may all bow down now.

jedi2187
Quick comparison:
Han: Pilots the Falcon
Kirk: Pilots the Enterprise

ADVANTAGE: Tie

Han: Dresses Combat-casual
Kirk: Dresses according to regs

ADVANTAGE: Han

Han: Married sarcastic Princess who looks damn fine in a metal bikini
Kirk: Banged more girls than a gong

ADVANTAGE: Kirk

Han: Shot first to protect himself
Kirk: Shot first because he's not good at negotiations

Han: Wookie for a co-pilot that owes him a life debt
Kirk: Vulcan for a 2nd Officer, still owes him for buffet

Han: Cool hair styles in all the movies
Kirk: As long as the rug's not crooked, looks okay

Han: Born on Corellia
Kirk: Born in Ohio

CLEAR ADVANTAGE: Han

Han: Frozen in carbonite one time, got better
Kirk: Died in a crappy way (bridge broke, smashed against rocks. There, now you don't have to rent 'Generations'.)

Winner for this round= Solo! cool

pr1983
apologies for the double post

pr1983
Is this admiral kirk or captain kirk?

Captain Kirk beat Kahn hand to hand, Kahn was superhuman...

Kirk could take Solo...

jedi2187
Admiral Kirk and Captain Kirk, taking a little of each for this comparison.
Although Adm. Kirk didn't see too much booty-patrol in the flicks than he did on TV.

Dig the sig, pr19833 cool

pr1983
nice sig...

but in the tv show kirk beat superior enemies regularly...

he was actually a good diplomat when he needed to be, how else would he have had all those women...

solo is cool... but in a fight i say kirk...

darthdumbledore
THIS IS NO ARGUMENT THE ENTERPRISE VS MILLENIUM FALCON I MEAN COME ON THE ENTERPRISE IS BULIT FOR FIGHTING PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN MOST KIRK WOULD EAT HAN FOR HIS BREAKFAST

Darth_Janus
Alright, two things:

Take the damn cap locks off.

Read the post title first.

ArthasKnight
Yes, this thread is about the people, not the ships.

jedi2187
At least Han is not afraid of getting his hands dirty and fixing the ship, as opposed to Kirk giving more crap for Scotty to do.

pr1983
Originally posted by jedi2187
At least Han is not afraid of getting his hands dirty and fixing the ship, as opposed to Kirk giving more crap for Scotty to do.

First of all... Kirk has on many occasions repaired the enterprise, and that is a far more complicated and advanced ship than the falcon...

Plus, the falcon is a smugglers ship, the enterprise is the flagship of the fleet, it needs a large crew...

jedi2187

pr1983
in the original series there were several episodes where he climbed up into the conduits and fixed the ship...

obviously he wouldnt do it as much was han would do with the falcon, but the enterprise is more advanced than the falcon, and it isnt even kirks job to keep the ship running, its scotty's...

heres a sample...

http://homepage.mac.com/m5comp/trekbits/trekpics/martial/martial-34.jpg

all captains in star trek have basic engineering knowledge... its part of their training...

and as for kirks fighting ability, i said already he beat kahn, who was superhuman...

jedi2187
That was one thing I would have liked to have seen in ST:TWOK, was the planned fight (face-to-face fistcuffs) between Kirk and Kahn, if the budget had been big enough....

pr1983
Originally posted by jedi2187
That was one thing I would have liked to have seen in ST:TWOK, was the planned fight (face-to-face fistcuffs) between Kirk and Kahn, if the budget had been big enough....

indeed, it would have been something...round two...

Excalibur2776
Han wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.