Do you think that remakes should be should be made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R0B
Now one thing that gets really annoying is when they take a good classical horror movie and then turn it into complete shit. Remakes in my opinion are just a waste of time and money. 98.6% of the time, the original is better than the remake. I just dont really find a lot of interest in remakes but I just want to see other peoples opinion as well

R0B
Wow I f*cked the name of this thread up as result of me typing and eating a sandwhich at the same time

Azrael01
Isn't this similar to wolfie's thread called remakes
but anyway remakes are sometimes good because it generates interest in the cult classics that we know and love but other people don't give a damn about. But lots of remakes are just rip offs of the orignal with better special effects. The amittyville horror remake is good because it is based more on the real occurance than the orignal.

LLG
Sometimes the remakes are better because of the effects. The original movies most of the time are the best in my opinion.

SlipknoT
There are a few Remakes that are better than the original

The Thing
The Fly
In my oppinon the DOTD remake was as good as the orginal.

R0B
I know not all remakes suck but the majority of them do

Wolfie
A remake could be a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, Hollywood remakes every movie that are about 30 years old.
Originally posted by Azrael01
Isn't this similar to wolfie's thread called remakes
Thank you, I'm acknowledged. big grin

R0B
Well yeah recongnition goes to wolfie as well. But they need to stop ruining classic movies with shitty remakes

Wolfie
The problem is that they try to improve upon the idea. They should stick with the original idea and just update it as far as time period and graphics go.

Wendigo
Yes Remakes are good so A new generation gets to see the movie in todays effects

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.