NASCAR fans united

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexylexy32
Hey y'all I'm a Southern girl so I was wondering if anyone liked NASCAR. I have been a fan since forever so I thought I'd post a new thread. My favorite drivers are Jeff Gordon and rookie Reed Sorenson and I'll post some pictures. So feel free just to talk or post picture anything about Nascar. Later everyone!smile

SlipknoT
I don't find the appeal of a bunch or rednecks driving around in circles.

Gryn Jabar
Spoken from someone who hasn't driven over 150 mph with over 20 other drivers less then 50 meters away.

sexylexy32
Ok Slipknot thanks for sharing your opinion

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Spoken from someone who hasn't driven over 150 mph with over 20 other drivers less then 50 meters away. yep smile

Afro Cheese
It's really boring to me on TV, but I hear it's really fun to see live. So I'd like to go to a race one day and see what it's like.

sexylexy32
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
It's really boring to me on TV, but I hear it's really fun to see live. So I'd like to go to a race one day and see what it's like.

Yeah I'd really like to see a live one too . I recently saw Bristol MS driving through there and it looked really huge and cool, Its not bad on TV though wink

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Spoken from someone who hasn't driven over 150 mph with over 20 other drivers less then 50 meters away.

..or, like California, in a non-restrictor plate race, 200 MPH with 42 other cars, with about 6" clearance, bumper to bumper. But hey, if you can handle a car, and I mean physically HANDLE a car at those speeds, and have a group of friends that can change your tires and fill your gastank in 12 seconds, then by all means, you have room to critique.

thumb up

BackFire
"Hey y'all I'm a Southern girl so I was wondering if anyone liked NASCAR. I have been a fan since forever"

Wow, a southerner who likes NASCAR, never saw that coming.

It's the most boring spectacle I've ever seen in my life (including golf and soccer). Some people driving in circles for 3 hours does not entertain me. The only interesting thing about nascar is the crashes.

Afro Cheese
laughing out loud

-Funky Punk-
nascar is cool GO DALE EANHART JR!!!

sexylexy32
Originally posted by -Funky Punk-
nascar is cool GO DALE EANHART JR!!!

I can't say I like Dale Earnhart Jr very much Funky Punk but I do love your sig!smile Yeah Backfire I am a southern girl who likes NASCAR, it one of my favorite things to watch on TV, and yeah the crashes are pretty exciting. But you do agree with me on the other two golf and soccer ,who gives a rip? wink cool

WindDancer
NASCAR is okay, I could watch maybe a lap or two and then I get bored. I'd much prefer get behind the wheel and start racing. batman

Linkalicious
Nascar is awesome. I can't watch most of the races because it does get a little boring, but the races have recently been really heated down til' the end.

I've been to California Speedway to watch 2 races in Fontana...it was a lot of fun. It's just hot as hell and the stands are filled with mullet wearing, pickup truck driving, Miller Lite drinking trailor trash from the 909.

It's just like baseball in real life. Sure, it's boring as hell to watch on TV, but it's a lot of fun to go to. And just like baseball, it's actually a lot of fun near the end when something is on the line.

Crashes are awesome, but watching people draft is almost more fun. Especially when someone makes a move on the last lap to beat someone by 1/5 of a car length.

botankus

I don't like NASCAR, don't follow it, and don't watch it on TV.

However....I would strongly recommend going to at least one race in your lifetime. But just one. I did, and it was something to remember. I would also recommend going with your friends as opposed to with your family, lol. As far as the racing goes, it is really something live and in person.

finti
why dont they just take a right turn and get out of that mess?

Broken Wing
I saw the Daytona 500. It was soooo awesome. Just this year i started getting really into NASCAR. Like everyone else is saying, it's really hard to sit there and watch it on tv. But when you're really there, wow! It is sooooo exciting

Clovie
what or who nascar is?

botankus
Originally posted by Clovie
what or who nascar is?

I'll tell you who he is:

NASCAR is The God of Asphalt to many, especially worshippers in the Deep South.

Clovie
Originally posted by botankus
I'll tell you who he is:

NASCAR is The God of Asphalt to many, especially worshippers in the Deep South. more details maybe?

botankus
NASCAR is a "sport" popular in the Deep South (uh,uh, not so fast, looks like NASCAR is abandoning much of the South for racing bevies like....California and Arizona????) where popular drivers race their cars around an oval track (except for road races), making four left turns while, on some tracks, topping their cars out at close to 200 miles per hour.

They keep standings of it, much like they do for football (soccer) in Europe. It's an official sport and makes the newspaper listed as an official sport. It doesn't bother me, but myself, I'm a football (that would be American football) guy.

Clovie
by deep south you mean the south part of USA, right? coz my first idea would be africa confused
and thank you very much for satifactory explanation.

PVS
more details maybe?

a bunch of rednecks driving fast cars in a big circle.
that covers the basics, and everything else is superficial.

Clovie
okay....

and one more question..
what is a difference between this thing and normal formula1 races? (except the cars of course)

Linkalicious
that's pretty much it....the cars.

and the tracks.

PVS
formula cars turn left and right,
where in nascar you just turn left

Clovie
Originally posted by Linkalicious
that's pretty much it....the cars.

and the tracks. what about tracks?Originally posted by PVS
formula cars turn left and right,
where in nascar you just turn left and it is car-race and not motorbikes? coz we have something like this but with motors.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
a bunch of rednecks driving fast cars in a big circle.

Including:

Martin Trux from New Jersey
Jimmy Spencer from Pennsylvania
Greg Sacks from New York
Jeff Fuller from Massachusetts
Randy LaJoie from Connecticut
Mike Bliss from Oregon
Ryan McGlynn from Pennsylvania
Jimmie Johnson from California
Casey Mears from California
Kyle Busch from Nevada
Kevin Harvick from California
Matt Kenseth from Wisconsin
Scott Wimmer from Wisconsin
Johnny Sauter from Wisconsin
Dave Blaney from Ohio
Greg Biffle from Washington State
Jason Leffler from California
Kurt Busch from Nevada
Scott Pruett from California
Travis Kvapil from Wisconsin
Kevin Lapage from Vermont
and
Klaus Graf from Germany

Linkalicious
what about tracks? and it is car-race and not motorbikes? coz we have something like this but with motors.

It's only cars, and they are usually based on a normal model that you would see on the street only they give them big engines and aerodynamic kits.

The tracks in NASCAR are usually ovals, where forumula one has courses with various turns. Nascar is a pretty constant speed, where formula one has more slowing down and accelerating.

And a "bunch of rednecks driving around in circles" is a horrible description for the sport.

That's like saying basketball is just "a bunch of uneducated n*****s throwing a ball in a cylinder"

Clovie
understood at last. i think.

WindDancer
Including:

Martin Trux from New Jersey
Jimmy Spencer from Pennsylvania
Greg Sacks from New York
Jeff Fuller from Massachusetts
Randy LaJoie from Connecticut
Mike Bliss from Oregon
Ryan McGlynn from Pennsylvania
Jimmie Johnson from California
Casey Mears from California
Kyle Busch from Nevada
Kevin Harvick from California
Matt Kenseth from Wisconsin
Scott Wimmer from Wisconsin
Johnny Sauter from Wisconsin
Dave Blaney from Ohio
Greg Biffle from Washington State
Jason Leffler from California
Kurt Busch from Nevada
Scott Pruett from California
Travis Kvapil from Wisconsin
Kevin Lapage from Vermont
and
Klaus Graf from Germany

Whoah! A German Redneck! Never thought I would see sucha thing. Thanks for posting that list botankus.

Cinemaddiction
There are actually about 4 or 5 road course races in a typical NASCAR schedule, also. Consider what everyday cars these stock cars originate from, engine building wise. Taurus, Monte Carlo, Intrepid? These aren't cars intended to manuever hairpin turns and regular road courses like a F1 machine. Their speed isn't as constant as some are led to believe, either, especially the road courses where the average is between 60-80 MPH, which testes individual drivers handling and maneurvering capabilities. Then there's restrictor plate racing where everyone is on an even playing field.

There's a lot of things people just don't account for, and subsequently disrespect, that these guys go through. Endurance being one of those things.I know that I could drive a car at 200 mph with 42 other guys for 300, 400, or 500 miles for a few hours, wedged in a car.

BTW, Busch League has an annual race in Mexico, and Nextel cup may follow suit. Some people just can't appreciate the evolution of a sport. Yep, I called it a sport.

Linkalicious
Who's the racer that races for both?

A couple of weekends last year he'd race a formula one race for 400 miles, then he'd take a private plane or helicopter and go do a NASCAR race for another 400-500 miles.

That's a hell of a lot of driving for one day.

Cinemaddiction
Who's the racer that races for both?

A couple of weekends last year he'd race a formula one race for 400 miles, then he'd take a private plane or helicopter and go do a NASCAR race for another 400-500 miles.

That's a hell of a lot of driving for one day.

Boris Said and Robby Gordon both pull shifts like that. Also I meant to say I COULDN'T drive 300, 400, or 500 miles. Big typo.

Linkalicious
Yah, i was thinking of Gordon. I just didn't want to throw Jeff out there.

There's no way I could do that. I almost fall asleep on the 45 minute drive to work everyday.

Da Moose
Turn left....go fast....turn left....go fast....turn left....go fast...

this is a sport?

botankus
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Also I meant to say I COULDN'T drive 300, 400, or 500 miles. Big typo.

I just thought you were being facetious.

KidRock
Watching NASCAR makes me want to kill myself. How could anybody actually enjoy watching people drive around in circles for 2 hours?

Da Moose
Originally posted by KidRock
Watching NASCAR makes me want to kill myself. How could anybody actually enjoy watching people drive around in circles for 2 hours?

Goddamnit! Stop agreeing with me!!! laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock

holy shit
not the statement i was expecting.
perhaps you are over due for your redneck reconditioning? rolling on floor laughing

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
holy shit
not the statement i was expecting.
perhaps you are over due for your redneck reconditioning? rolling on floor laughing

Yeah..arent you over due for taking a big **** up your ***?

PVS
yeah...but you never called sad

-Funky Punk-
Originally posted by sexylexy32
I can't say I like Dale Earnhart Jr very much Funky Punk but I do love your sig!smile Yeah Backfire I am a southern girl who likes NASCAR, it one of my favorite things to watch on TV, and yeah the crashes are pretty exciting. But you do agree with me on the other two golf and soccer ,who gives a rip? wink cool

who is ur fav racer? plz dont say jeff gordan i despise him evil face

Afro Cheese
I understand it's a very difficult and competitive activity, but does NASCAR really qualify as a sport? Aren't sports supposed to be about human athleticism?

Linkalicious
Sports are about competition. Look at girls basketball...wait....women's sports in general. Then get back to me about human athleticism.

Does ping pong take a lot of athletic ability? No. But it's a sport in the olympics because it's a competition. It requires training and conditioning and some sense of athletic prowess....a competitive nature.

But by that reasoning....a cooking competition could be considered a sport. Hmmm. I'll go with the combination of training, technique, and the competitive nature of the activity makes it a sport.

botankus
Good point, Link. And let's not get into Poker on national TV.

Linkalicious
Gambling is not....and should never be considered a sport.

It's an "honest trade" as Val Kilmer put it in Tombstone, but it's not a sport.

Holding a steering wheel as a car enters a turn at 180 mpg requires significantly more athleticism than checking face cards....especially by lap 500 where your arms turn to jello.

Da Moose
Good point, Link. And let's not get into Poker on national TV.

THAT is not a sport. It's a lame time filler when nothing else is on.

Neither is NASCAR.

PVS
typical nascar fan:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=mrbergis-nascar.mp3

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
typical nascar fan:

Sad, but the stupidity of the caller is monumental and the guys pulling this off are hysterical.

It's funny how that redneck lives up to every "redneck" stereotype while spouting racial stereotypes.
hysterical no

Afro Cheese
Holding a steering wheel as a car enters a turn at 180 mpg requires significantly more athleticism than checking face cards....especially by lap 500 where your arms turn to jello. Yeah but judging by your previous post sports aren't about athleticism so it doesn't matter if it takes more athleticism to do NASCAR than poker.

Poker would fall within the boundaries of that definition of a sport. So would competition cooking, by the way. It really doesn't matter to me, they can call NASCAR a sport if they want.. it just seems like it would fit into a different category to me.

sexylexy32
Yeah but judging by your previous post sports aren't about athleticism so it doesn't matter if it takes more athleticism to do NASCAR than poker.

Poker would fall within the boundaries of that definition of a sport. So would competition cooking, by the way. It really doesn't matter to me, they can call NASCAR a sport if they want.. it just seems like it would fit into a different category to me.

You know its funny ya say that becaue they are having a Michael Waltrip Cleebrity Poker Tourney with the Nascar guys soon. NASCAR to me is definitely a sport, it takes a lot of guts to get into that car and race at 200 mph every weekend,but thats what they like!wink

Here are some pics of the guys:

http://www.exleyphoto.com/images/gallery-sports/JEFF%20GORDON.jpg

Good ol Jeff. Looks like he's becoming a model.

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Dale.Earnhardt.Jr.jpg

Redneck Dale Jr. Always got those sunglasses on.

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2005/news/features/conversation/03/07/rsorenson_convo/sorenson1.jpg

Rising phenom Reed Sorenson,he's too cute

Thanks for posting y'all! stick out tongue smile

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
typical nascar fan:

lol

smilenshark
HEP! hep hep NASCAR woohhooo! thats so wonderful, i want to watch that games always as theirs this excited feeling that what you feel while watching the players going to go FAST N FURIOUS to get the excitement while driving. so ppl who like NASCAR go go for it enjoy !........

sexylexy32
Sorry Funky Punk but Jeff is one of my favorites , what's wrong with him?

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
lol

i figured you guys would get a kick out of that laughing out loud
here is a link to some other prank calls made to the same guy.
this is an intimate look into the mind of your typical redneck.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/mrbergis.html

-Funky Punk-
Sorry Funky Punk but Jeff is one of my favorites , what's wrong with him?

i just think hes arrogant and rude

-Funky Punk-
You know its funny ya say that becaue they are having a Michael Waltrip Cleebrity Poker Tourney with the Nascar guys soon. NASCAR to me is definitely a sport, it takes a lot of guts to get into that car and race at 200 mph every weekend,but thats what they like!wink

Here are some pics of the guys:

http://www.exleyphoto.com/images/gallery-sports/JEFF%20GORDON.jpg

Good ol Jeff. Looks like he's becoming a model.

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Dale.Earnhardt.Jr.jpg

Redneck Dale Jr. Always got those sunglasses on.

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2005/news/features/conversation/03/07/rsorenson_convo/sorenson1.jpg

Rising phenom Reed Sorenson,he's too cute

Thanks for posting y'all! stick out tongue smile

reed sorenson IS cute

sexylexy32
reed sorenson IS cute

Well Jeff can think a little too much of himself at times but to me he is one of the greatest drivers out there. Geez,I thought I was the only person who thought Reed was cute, yeah he really is. wink stick out tongue On the Speed Channel before Bristol he and Carl Edwards were on there and Reed had such a cute smile on his face. smile

PVS
laughing out loud that first pic is so....diva

blink

which boy band is he auditioning for? roll eyes (sarcastic)

sexylexy32
Ok y'all I can tell , there's a handful of you that don't like Nascar and a chunk who do and yeah PVS those websites were to say the least a bit strange. Sunday's race is at Martinsville so I'm just putting a poll for who you think will win ! I think that good ol Jeff will come to kick butt in the field but we'll see! Thanxs for all the postings. smile wink

Here are the drivers to choose from:

Jimmie Johnson(the most consistant guy)

Jeff Gordon(won last 5 poles in Martinsville)

Kevin Harvick(de ja vu past two races)

Dale Earnhart Jr.(he definitely needs a win)

Rusty Wallace( so close with poles and yet so far)

Other : wink stick out tongue

PVS
hey, i know plenty of descent people who watch nascar.
however, it seems to be a requirement of redneck culture to
watch it. as if they will be stripped of their overalls and john deer cap
if they dare miss a race

-Funky Punk-
Well Jeff can think a little too much of himself at times but to me he is one of the greatest drivers out there. Geez,I thought I was the only person who thought Reed was cute, yeah he really is. wink stick out tongue On the Speed Channel before Bristol he and Carl Edwards were on there and Reed had such a cute smile on his face. smile

welll ur not the only one that thinks that hes cute

sexylexy32
welll ur not the only one that thinks that hes cute

God,I know Funky Punk, he is the cutest one out there and Carl Edwards is too

BadKitty
Originally posted by BackFire
"Hey y'all I'm a Southern girl so I was wondering if anyone liked NASCAR. I have been a fan since forever"

Wow, a southerner who likes NASCAR, never saw that coming.

It's the most boring spectacle I've ever seen in my life (including golf and soccer). Some people driving in circles for 3 hours does not entertain me. The only interesting thing about nascar is the crashes. ditto Bf...I never understood the appeal of nascar..or how it's even considered a sport. confused

sexylexy32
I accept your point of view, BadKitty but I think NASCAR is the absolute best thng ever next to basketball! I'm so stoked, Jeff won Martinsville! Ok y'all I have another ? for the ones who don't like NASCAR, why do you not consider it a sport? I mean it has all the physical and mental endurace that other sports do. wink stick out tongue

skywalker1
i love jr

skywalker1
**** you all

skywalker1
dale jr is just like his father

chelsea17
I love Dale Jr...he is my idol droolio

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
and john deer cap

What, PVS, are you drunk? How dare you spell "John Deere" wrong! stick out tongue

chelsea17
Ahh, I hate John Deere....J'ai deteste John Deere

westchester17
Personally, I would rather play Electronic Arts Nascar 2004 than a lot of things. ie. make my bed. -I've got a perfectly good sister to do that for me. (LOL!!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.