NEw Zealand Hip Hop -SCRIBE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve_Gerrard
Hey
derz dis new geeza called scribe and his all for new zealand hip hop,
ive heard 4 of his songs, "not many "stand UP" "dreaming" "stop the music" and all of dem r WIKED

misha
scribe isnt really that new confused
oh unless youre not in new zealand/australia erm

he's ok ... not my fav but i dont hate him ... i saw him live a few weeks ago and he was really good happy

Df02
talking of wicked....Steven Gerrard thumb up

hh?
not familiar with New Zealand Hip Hop.

Afro Cheese
I heard him a while ago but I can't remember if he was good or not. I'll download some of his stuff.

koolruningz
Scribe is well known in NZ. His earlier stuff was streets ahead of the commercial crap he puts out now. Because NZ is such a small country the underground artists (like Scribe used to be) dont make any money so they usually have compromise their music to appeal to the radio shows and to get paid. This is what has happened to Scribe IMO, he was really impressive when he was on P-Money's first album but i dont like his new stuff. Im happy for him that he is making a living off his music because it has opened the doors for other NZ hip hop artists but his music doesnt appeal to me anymore.

tabby999
yeah, scribe is pretty good

Steve_Gerrard
his song "dreaming" talks about his life
yeah DF02 Steven Gerrard Is Da Pride of ENGLAND
scribe & P money

tabby999
steve, i know you mean well but your grammar is some of the worst i have ever seen. and while Scribe is damn fine, Hilltop Hoodz is indefinatly better, hey hh? check out Hilltop, i'm sure you'll find something you like

misha
Originally posted by tabby999
steve, i know you mean well but your grammar is some of the worst i have ever seen. and while Scribe is damn fine, Hilltop Hoodz is indefinatly better, hey hh? check out Hilltop, i'm sure you'll find something you like

i prefer hilltop hoods too happy
go australian/new zealand music!

tabby999
yeah, there is better stuff coming from the reigon than Delta "buy my cds cos i have cancer" Goodrem, Jet and Russel "buy my crap cd or i'll bash you" Crow

Cid
what's wrong with Jet, they're great?? don't really like scibe though. he kinda sucks.

tabby999
jet are shite, they make annoying music that gets boring the second time you hear it. they dont do anything new or interesting and they get treated like the saviours of rock and roll. and unfortunately now thanks to their media success, there are a million and one imitation bands in melbourne that sound equally as bad

koolruningz
So is it their music you dont like or the fact that people have put them on a pedestal that they dont really deserve?

tabby999
little from colum a, little from colum b

koolruningz
cool.

koolruningz
Ive taken the liberty of uploading some decent NZ hip hop for you guys. Scribe is on the P-Money tracks (this is before his more commercial stuff), the other groups are the Decepticonz from Auckland and the Dubious Bros from Hamilton (were i live). Hope you guys enjoy:

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26FKR158MLTH41BJVYOIS2RXMB

BlackC@t
I hate rap, Hip-Hop, R and B and stupid rap like that.

I'm emo, rap and punk! rock

tabby999
Originally posted by BlackC@t

anyone spot the f*ck up in that post wink

MC Mike
Originally posted by tabby999
anyone spot the f*ck up in that post wink

wink

Cid
Originally posted by BlackC@t

lol laughing wtf??

btw whats emo??

tabby999
put emo into the search bar at the top of the page, there was many threads discusing what "emo" is

BlackC@t
Oops!

I F*cked up badly!

Not rap! I mean emo, rock, and punk.

Alpha Centauri
The Datsuns are from New Zealand.

They rule.

-AC

Cid
^i'm with you there.

tabby999
they're ok, not my kind of thing. used to have a big stack of stickers for them, i'll have to hunt those down...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.