so what do we think the "Spinoffs" will be about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xman1122
well from the looks of it, we're going to have a bunch of spinoffs coming up withing the next 2-3 years. So what do we all think they'll be about??
they have a good opportunity to thread them all together for like X4 maybe. So lemme know what you all think!!

stormfront13
well they have said they most definitley want to do a wolverine spin off and a storm spinn iff

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
well they have said they most definitley want to do a wolverine spin off and a storm spinn iff

Wolverine is the most obvious choice, as well as Magneto and The Professor.. i can't see a Storm one happening unless Halle is onboard...

stormfront13
well FOX has said the x-men they are planning on are wolverine and storm

pr1983
well FOX has said the x-men they are planning on are wolverine and storm

Really? still though, i doubt they'll make a storm without Halle Berry...

gambitindaflesh
when did they talk about a Storm movie??? what about Magneto?? I still vote for Gambit with lots of Rogue!

DarkCrawler
What-Is-The-Point-in-Storm-Movie?

xman1122
well I think that Storms movie could revolve around her growing up and struggling with her powers, and then having her "village" worship her because she controls the weather. I don't really know a lot of history on Storm, so I can't really say much. I just know that she grew up in Borneo.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What-Is-The-Point-in-Storm-Movie?

The same thing applies to most of the X-men...

AE86
i think they need to do spin offs just to do justice to the characters because it is good to spot other characters but when they only say 1 or 2 lines its disappointing. this way they could do multiple stories and cross overs.

pr1983
Originally posted by AE86
i think they need to do spin offs just to do justice to the characters because it is good to spot other characters but when they only say 1 or 2 lines its disappointing. this way they could do multiple stories and cross overs.

But most x-men arent interesting enough to enough people to warrant their own movie...

stormfront13
um xman1122............are you sure she grew up in borneo?? i am almost positive in it was in kenya and cairo??

fruits
sry, but i think a rogue and a storm spinoff will be kinda weak. what spinnoffs need r good appearances by other, known characters. with wolverine well, hes kick ass already, and he has a very crazy history and sabretooth is in his past. magneto has some stuff with charles and and they can even introduce how he met mystique. but with rogue and storm, you dont have ne of that. and rogue cant even kick someones ass in the movie.! god

stormfront13
storm definitley has that- if she has a spin off of her life we should see xavier, shadow king, candra, black oanther, action, fighting sequences, her powers, her parents, her tribe, the woman that helped her control her powers. there will be action, as well as a love interest.

LLG
I also think a Wolverine or Magneto would be a good spin off, but it's also okay if they did a Storm spin off. In my opinion Wolverine would be the best choice to do a spin off.

Flavio
enough of Wolverine, i really hope he only appear in a cameo in X3 so it can stop being a "wolvie and his friends" trilogy and become a real X-men film. So i say yes for his spinoff just to see him ut of the x-men a little.
Storm would be a very nice spinoff, and magneto too.

Neptune
Movie Rogue is to boring to have her own spin off.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by xman1122
I just know that she grew up in Borneo.

Kenya.

pr1983
storm definitley has that- if she has a spin off of her life we should see xavier, shadow king, candra, black oanther, action, fighting sequences, her powers, her parents, her tribe, the woman that helped her control her powers. there will be action, as well as a love interest.

you won't see black panther... and even the professor is a doubt, which also rules out the shadow king...

stormfront13
why ae they ruled out they are apart of her childhood as well as teenage years and having black panther would bring a love interest into the movie

pr1983
No, they won't have him, because Marvel will most likely make a Black Panther movie, he wouldnt be in a storm one...

and the professor wouldnt either, because then its a connection to the xmen... a storm movie would most likely feature no xmen... even a young professor... and if he was it would most likely be a cameo...

stormfront13
but they are apart of her childhood xavier isn't much but the others are. if you are doing it on her childhood up to adulthood or teenage years then you should have shadow king, maybe candra, and black panther. black oanther was the first person she ever saved and was the first person she ever used her powers for. they both felt an attraction for eachother but their duties pulled them apart. yeah you don't need xavier but storm was the first x-man he ever met. when she stole from him all he could hear was laughter inside her head so imo it would be a good part in the movie.

pr1983
but they are apart of her childhood xavier isn't much but the others are. if you are doing it on her childhood up to adulthood or teenage years then you should have shadow king, maybe candra, and black panther. black oanther was the first person she ever saved and was the first person she ever used her powers for. they both felt an attraction for eachother but their duties pulled them apart. yeah you don't need xavier but storm was the first x-man he ever met. when she stole from him all he could hear was laughter inside her head so imo it would be a good part in the movie.

Black Panther won't happen due to licensing... if they're making a movie about him then he wont be in storm...

and i hate to say this but Storm would probably bomb anyway...

stormfront13
i think she has one of the best pasts out of the x-men. i would reallly like to see. the visual affects would be good(maybe) ther will be lots of action.

pr1983
i think she has one of the best pasts out of the x-men. i would reallly like to see. the visual affects would be good(maybe) ther will be lots of action.

possibly... but halle berry would ruin it imo...

stormfront13
maybe but get vivica fox or jada pinkett imo- i bet it'll be good in the box office due to these actresses and comic book fans if they do do it

pr1983
No, this would be just like Catwoman, its more about Halle Berry than the character she's playing... if berry's not in then they won't make it...

stormfront13
well.......maybe she will still be doin catwoman 2 at the time- hopefully

pr1983
well.......maybe she will still be doin catwoman 2 at the time- hopefully

If she does then they won't make storm...

stormfront13
i don't see why they can't do it w/ out halle, its not like she owns storm

pr1983
i don't see why they can't do it w/ out halle, its not like she owns storm

the studio is not interested in storm unless halle is...

stormfront13
well thats stupid not many fans liked halle

pr1983
well thats stupid not many fans liked halle

studio doesnt care...

stormfront13
well they should its the fans that pay money to see the movies

pr1983
well they should its the fans that pay money to see the movies

and the general public... and there are as many people who dislike storm as those who like her...

stormfront13
yeah ur right but anyway regardless of who plays her halle or not i will still go to see it

pr1983
yeah ur right but anyway regardless of who plays her halle or not i will still go to see it

if they make it...

stormfront13
its been talked about as well as wloverines so i hope they do

pr1983
its been talked about as well as wloverines so i hope they do

Wolverine is a dead cert... Jackman is a hollywood favourite at the moment...

Storm will only be made if halle doesnt do x3 and does the storm movie instead...

Nataku8188

We also see a character who was nothing more than a supporting actress get a lead role.

If they are doing any spin-offs itll be for their cash cows, Wolverine, Gambit, Iceman/Rogue/pyro, pretty much the popular characters.

stormfront13
well i hope they stop making these x-men movies wolverine and his pals, imo its really annoying i mean there is more x-men than wolverine

pr1983
well i hope they stop making these x-men movies wolverine and his pals, imo its really annoying i mean there is more x-men than wolverine

i agree...

stormfront13
they really need to bring the other x-men of the team in- scott, he pulls the group together and is their leader. jean is like the mother of them x-men. storm, she is like the heart and soul of the team, and is also like a mother to the group. wolverine is just icing on the cake. the x-mmen characters are great indivudals. i am going to see the X_MEN. not WOLVERINE AND SIDEKICKS

Nataku8188
they really need to bring the other x-men of the team in- scott, he pulls the group together and is their leader. jean is like the mother of them x-men. storm, she is like the heart and soul of the team, and is also like a mother to the group. wolverine is just icing on the cake. the x-mmen characters are great indivudals. i am going to see the X_MEN. not WOLVERINE AND SIDEKICKS

Storm isnt the heart and soul of the team... Jean and scott are. When they left, Storm couldnt handle the team at all...

Jean is mommy, Scott is daddy, Wolverine is senor badass who people love. That is why they focus on him, he's 1/5 of all of marvel's profits.

Storm isn't a main staple for the X-men. Even when they tried to make her one, she wasn't accepted. She doesn't have the charisma to be a major character. She's better at being a support character, not an obscure character, but like beast, shes got her own little support group and does her own thing.

ericadurancefan
the wolverine spinoff will be great,magnetos spinoff hasd alot of potential and i would love to see a cyclops spinoff

stormfront13
i like cyclops but i don't he can have a spon-off most of his histiry revolves around the x-men. yeah he can go solo in the movie but he seems more like a team player

Abbita
Basically the first movie focused on wolverine because they were intorducing a whole new generation of people to the X men. In my opinion they did great with it as they introduced the x men through the eyes of one character, wolverine. By doing this i would like to think that they satisfied both the fanbase and people who had never heard of them before.

Then in the second movie because we had learned so much through wolverine in the first they carried on telling the story through wolverine but at the same time got across many different plot lines, jeans transformation, iceman/pyro connection etc. Now, because they managed to get these stories across in X2 they can be further expanded in X3 so i dont think there will be much to worry about with this whole "wolverine and his friends" thing.

Another thing is they will probably decide not to show much more of wolverines origins because they will be saving it for the wolverine spin off which i can not wait for big grin

I think the Magneto movie will be great too and will be more focused towards both older fans and those interested in the war in which the movie will mostly be set. Its going to be a new take on war films and the story has a lot of potential, its going to be X men meets Schindlers List

stormfront13
i really enjoy reading the comics and learning about the characters but imo the movies ruin it for me. i know i have said this before but i want to see the X-MEN, not WOLVERINE AND FRIENDS. i hope they just get rid of wolverine and make him his own movie instead of having to be the center of attention in the X-MEN movies.

Abbita
did you not read my post? cry i know it was long but.......

stormfront13
i did and you said they carried the movies through wolverine which i believe is wrong. i don't like the movies at all. i find them boring and i think the casting or writing or something was wrong cause the characters don't seem like they do in the comics. i don't want to go see WOLVERINE AND A FEW CLOSE FRIENDS for the third movie

Abbita
Of course the characters do not seem like they do in the comics, if it were like in the comics there is no way they could have made a half decent movie.

stormfront13
well anyway i HATE the movies- the director needs to realize thhat there are more x-men than wolverine

Abbita
I think he did realize that. If the movie wasn't told through mainly one person the film would be so..choppy. All films have mainly one character they focus on to keep the film flowing.

stormfront13
but the movie was called X-MEN, not WOLVERINE or not X-MAN. they can have more than one central characters. they mines well not have had jean, cyclops, or storm cause all we saw was wolverine

Nataku8188
Stormfront, You don't understand. See, if you try to have more than 1 main character, the story gets very choppy and hard. Look at LOTR, they had to make each movie hella long and had to focus on the characters in small groups. Even then, the script was a book by one of the best writers to ever live.

stormfront13
but my point is all we saw was wolverine- he had most of the screen time, most of the lines and his character was the only one developed in both the movies. in the second movie they made it about wolverines past and little development of the phoenix force. so why not just call it wolverine??

Nataku8188
but my point is all we saw was wolverine- he had most of the screen time, most of the lines and his character was the only one developed in both the movies. in the second movie they made it about wolverines past and little development of the phoenix force. so why not just call it wolverine??

You obviously missed a lot of the movies then. Yes Wolverine was the main character but there was definitly more character development than you are giving the movies credit for.

stormfront13
yeah there was a little for jean but that was the phoenic force- none of the characters realy developed

Nataku8188
Yes they were! The relationship between the young'ns, Nightcrawler was touched upon, magneto and Xavier's relationship, as well as Xavier in general.

stormfront13
you can say what you want but out of those the only developing i saw was between rogue and bobby and it was still very little

Neptune
I think a Gambit movie would be cool.

LISA-J
Only if rogue was in it.

stormfront13
yeah i'd go see it

Neptune
Rogue wouldn't be necessary. The story could be about the Thieves Guild and him leaving the Thieves guild do to some solo adventuring.

stormfront13
it'd be a cool movie- thats what storms could be about but her leaving her mentor(kinda like her father) the leader of the um... i think they're called urchins

dubefan
a movieabout the thieves guild would be boss, and if rogue was in it we'd have to deal with the horrible acting of whatever that girls name was from x1and 2 so no thanx i mean shes not even strong and she desnt fly horrible, but ya an origin story on gambit would rock, how about a spin off the pheonix i mean shes gonna be huge so were prolly gonna get a move on her journey through the universe so ya thats my vote for a spin off, maybe a spinoff featuring the dark knight you know the bad batman from the new comic series he had that metal suit, why not do one on him that would be interesting well thats all

LISA-J
A gambit movie without rogue would never happen,she will have been in all three x movies whereas gambit will have only been x-3.So the studio wouldn't consider him important enough to have his own movie without another x-man in it-and rogue is the obvious choice.

stormfront13
or storm would be a good choice i mean she is the reason he is in the x-men so w/ out her he wouldn't be ther(maybe) but yeah rogue might be good to put in that movie but i agree more with storm cause she got him to join the x-men and he knew her before he knew the x-men(i think)

xman1122
Like I said about Storm, I don't know a lot I just knew it was sort of desert Africa......so it could be Cairo, or Kenya. But to me both of those sound right, I think she grew up in Kenya and later moved to Cairo. Correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't Proffesor Xaiver find Storm in Cairo?

xman1122
After reading through the posts for the past few days, I totally agree wit hthe majority of you. I think that they could be brewing something behind the scenes. Like Dubefan said, I think that a Pheonix Spinoff would be awesome. It's such an influential part in the whole X-men "Trilogy" if you will. They could back off of Wolverine in the Movies a little bit. If they do make a Wolvie spinoff, it would probably be about his past. I've heard that Tyler Mane (The actor that played Sabretooth) is still "signed on" in the Fox/ Marvel contract so they may be saving that for a Wolvie spinoff.

Neptune
I think it depends on Gambit in X-3. If he's portrayed well and people like the character, i think he could have his own movie. Don't forget Gambit has a lot of appeal. He could be just as big as Wolverine but he has to have a big enough part in X-3.

LISA-J
I doubt there will be time (damn it)for him to be as big as wolvy,cause in the movies no ones as big as that screen hogging wolvy.

pr1983
Gambit is not half the character he is without rogue, he wouldnt be in x comics if not for her...

Unless Brad Pitt starts chucking cards about i seriously doubt we'll see a gambit movie...

stormfront13
i would go to see a gambit movie but i don't know if it would be good- and storm is the reason gambit is in the comics, he was created specifically well mostly for her. he was to be her love interest but instead they put him w/ rogue

pr1983
but the gambit of today isnt exactly reliant on storm... yes they're friends but i doubt shes needed in a gambit movie...

stormfront13
yes the gambot TODAY isn't but she was like his olny friend in the beginningi think. if gambit is in the third one and they follow the comic way then they will need storm. but she isn't needed in a gambit i was just stating imo she would be the better choice for an appearence or two in his kovie if there is one

pr1983
The last thing they would do is give Storm a cameo in a Gambit movie... she has no purpose other than to recruit him to the X-Men... they will not show him joining the x-men in a movie about himself...

Mainstream
Gambit movie without Rogue would be like a Batman movie with out Alfred...it'd be lacking.

Neptune
I disagree, i think Gambit's at his best when he's solo and doing his own thing. And i don't like movie Rogue. But with or without her it would be i movie i'd want to see for sure.

stormfront13
they can't have rogue have a big part in the ,movie cause then it'd be gambit abd rogue. she only deserves a cameo which she shouldn't anmyway

pr1983
A Gambit movie would need rogue, shes a neccessity, shes one of the main reasons hes still in xmen...

stormfront13
but if you have a popular character like rogue also star i the kovie it wouldn't just be called "gambit"

pr1983
Its not supposed to be... It would be gambit and rogue...

stormfront13
but everyone else was talking about having ROGUE in a GAMBIT movie

LISA-J
Just cause rogue would be in it,doesn't mean it can't be called 'gambit'.Plus your wrong gambit without rogue wouldn't work,she's the best part of him.

pr1983
but everyone else was talking about having ROGUE in a GAMBIT movie

It would probably still be called Gambit, hell, it could be a Rogue movie with Gambit in it...

Originally posted by LISA-J
Just cause rogue would be in it,doesn't mean it can't be called 'gambit'.Plus your wrong gambit without rogue wouldn't work,she's the best part of him.

I agree for the most part...

LISA-J
Of course you agree cause it's the truth,would gambit be as popular without his relationship with rogue-I don't think so.It also made rogue more popular.

pr1983
Originally posted by LISA-J
Of course you agree cause it's the truth,would gambit be as popular without his relationship with rogue-I don't think so.It also made rogue more popular.

I doubt either would be where they are today without each other...

LISA-J
Exactly,you can't deny what they have is special.Which is why they should give us at least a teaser of what they could be together in x-3.

pr1983
Sure, i agree they should be together in x3...

LISA-J
Damn straight they should,the whole rogue and bobby thing sucks and so does singer for thinking it up.

pr1983
singer did a lot of things wrong... i hope vaughn can improve that...

LISA-J
So do I,rogue needs to dump bobby,flirt with gambit and kick some brotherhood ass.

pr1983
they should take bobby out altogether, they've ruined his character completely... bas7ards...

LISA-J
I agree,he was a mini cykes,where was the immature smart-ass that we know as bobby drake.

pr1983
Yeah... i think they turned him into Pyro...

LISA-J
I know I always thought that myself.

Neptune
Everybody and there mom knows Gambit's gonna steal Rogue from Iceman cause movie Ice just plain sucks. Gambit's gonna be way cooler. cool

Mainstream
Gambit is cooler than Iceman...which is very ironic considering Bobby mutant abilites.

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
Gambit is cooler than Iceman...which is very ironic considering Bobby mutant abilites.

For years bobby was the coolest x-man (no pun intended), then they ruined him by turning him into a whiny little bi7ch...

LISA-J
LOL laughing You are so right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.