Debate of the Month - Nominations for May's debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Place your nominations here! big grin

IceWithin
um.....
should harry potter 7 be called "Harry Potter Saves the Duracell Bunnies" ?? stick out tongue

no how 'bout, what should harry work in when he finishes Hogwarts?

Phoenix
my nom is - what should JK write after she's finished HP

RoguePw25
ooh I like that one Phoe, that will totally get a lot of opinions going for sure! I like your's too Icey!

PinkDiamonds
"Will Harry Die?" or "Who do u want to die?"

Pirate_monkey
what about : is Draco Malfloy really Evil??

PinkDiamonds
that would be quite a good one...like: yes, no hes misunderstood, a little bit, and, um, yes but he can be nice too?

Unicor777
Severus Snape: Why Dumbledore trusts him so much?

PinkDiamonds
oooooooooooh, yeah Uni!!! that is so coolio

weegie
Can we debate whether the fact that Lockheart said in the second book that he cured a werewolf and turned him back into a man has anything to do with anything???

PinkDiamonds
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummm............................

Tassie
Originally posted by IceWithin
um.....
should harry potter 7 be called "Harry Potter Saves the Duracell Bunnies" ?? stick out tongue

no how 'bout, what should harry work in when he finishes Hogwarts?

If he finishes Hogwarts. stick out tongue

Who will win the next House Cup? The next Quidditch Cup?

Where will the next duel btw Harry and Voldemort take place?

What subjects do they chose?

What passes do they get in their OWLs?

Who will die in the next book, if anyone?

--
We can look back at all these debates, if they do come to pass, when the 6th bk comes out.. b/c all the answers come from that book. So we won't have long to wait before unveiling the right answers.

impatientinky
my personal favourites are

"Severus Snape: Why Dumbledore trusts him so much?" (uni's suggestion)

and

"Who will die in the next book, if anyone?" (tassie's suggestion)

Clovie
Originally posted by Unicor777
Severus Snape: Why Dumbledore trusts him so much? i like this one

Originally posted by weegie
Can we debate whether the fact that Lockheart said in the second book that he cured a werewolf and turned him back into a man has anything to do with anything??? laughing
did anything what lockhart said anypoint in the first place?

and i think harry will save durracel bunies happy

IceWithin

I vote for this one!!

weegie
Originally posted by Clovie
i like this one

laughing
did anything what lockhart said anypoint in the first place?

and i think harry will save durracel bunies happy

What lockhart says he has done, is all untrue, because he hasn't. but someone else has. he takes the credit for what other wizards have done. and he was teachin a spell which turns werewolves into men. I know that JK has said that there is no cure, but what is this spell then?
I know i am debating already, but this is something i think could be important. Maybe there is a cure for Lupin.

Clovie
you have a point there huh i forgot about it... so it would mean that lupin can take care of harry and be again a DADA teacher

PinkDiamonds
"Who will be the next DADA teacher?"

Clovie
Originally posted by PinkDiamonds
"Who will be the next DADA teacher?"

All merged by PHOE! big grin

i've remebered seeing it before..
i didn't know there is so many confused

Phoenix
Originally posted by weegie
Can we debate whether the fact that Lockheart said in the second book that he cured a werewolf and turned him back into a man has anything to do with anything???

you can suggest whatever you want! big grin

These are BRILLIANT suggestions guys! I'm really looking forward to May's debate, any of these topics should lead to some excellent discussions.

I'll post the 'vote for you fave debate' thread on the weekend of the 23rd - then we'll have a whole week to vote! ((If I forget, I give you full permission to barrage me with PMs til I put it up! big grin))

RoguePw25
Yes, I must second what Phoe said! I can't wait for May's debate (note to self: MUST post in April Debate!) but yeah, I love the ideas. Keep them coming!

I'll try to think of a few myself. Just so I won't feel left out. stick out tongue

dark1365
Um...may I suggest a debate on whether Harry will die, WHO will die, etc.?

sephiroth rules
Originally posted by PinkDi@monds
"Who will be the next DADA teacher?" that's my fav! i vote for dis one and everyone should! all the others are very good but dis one is outstanding

~Air Angel~
^ I agree with the DADA Teacher idea. That would be a great debate. (I still think Tonks) big grin

LonDon06

this has my vote

Phoenix
Vote here for May's debate! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.