Weekend Box Office

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFanboy
How does everyone think Sin City will do in the box office this weekend. I think it will numbers similar to Kill Bill. I think it would be great if it broke 100 but I think it's unique style might scare some people off despite the good reviews and hype, just like Kill Bill.

cal31
I'd say 40-50 million for Sin City

TheFanboy
Total or you think that will be the opening? I have a feeling it will open between 15 and 20.

cal31
Opening weekend.

forumcrew
$28,122,000 is the estimate at comingsoon.net and they arnt ususaly off by too much.. and you gotta remember its rated R

Andrew McLeod
Last I heard it made about $28 Million. That's cool. Right about on with what forumcrew just said.

botankus
Saw two movies yesterday. Guess Who? at the normal movie theater and Robots at IMAX. I had my fiancee and I's first two picks of the year with Assault and Hostage, so that explains these selections.

Guess Who? was harmless fun and predictable. Those descriptions go hand-in-hand. A little Meet the Parents 3, if you will.

Robots was a little above average, but I don't care if I'm watching a movie about someone mowing their lawn, IMAX is definately worth the extra $3 per ticket. Especially on a Sunday night when there were only 4 people in the whole IMAX theater.

ragesRemorse
doesnt the Imax hurt your head? I like watching the filmsamde for Imax, but when i go to watch films that are just blown up on Imax film, i get head aches, and it looks crappy.

Is that just me? I saw star wars and matrix at imax and they were soterrible, especially during the fast paced action sequences, you oculdnt tell what was going on.

botankus
Maybe it's just cartoons. I haven't seen a non-animated feature film on IMAX.

40-minute featurettes specifically made for IMAX are better suited for the 6-story high screen than movies formatted for that purpose, I will agree, though.

forumcrew
i saw matrix on imax and it looked fine better then fine actually it was amazing.. some people just cant handle imax (i used to work for the maryland science center and they have an imax) a lot of people cant take it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.