LOTS of Star Wars Books!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
A friend of mine is letting me read his collection of old Star Wars books big grin
It includes most of the YJK, about 20 books I'd already read, and another 18 or more that I haven't read....plus 4 audio drama's to boot wink
So basically, I get to read many many books for free smile ...ahhh free is good big grin

LanceWindu
You can basically do the same thing at a library.

Julie
Yea, but actuallly this collection just about matches my library's collection...at least in numbers.
I now have 18 Star Wars novels that I haven't read yet.....and they're in a convenient location too wink

yerssot
my waffle! If they just had THAT amount of books over here!
My guess is that there are just 18 books in my damn country!

LanceWindu
Total?

Ushgarak
And they are all yours, right, yerss?

yerssot
I have around 7-8 books, and I'm searching the other 10 big grin

Julie
Keep up the search, Yerssot.

yerssot
I was wrong, I actually have more books then that... forgot the number again though

Julie
18......I also own about 20 more star wars books....and about 150 Nancy Drew..or Hardy Boys books....
*sheepish look*
I like to read

LanceWindu
Me too!

I used to have every single Goosebumps book

Julie
I only have about 5 of those....but they were a pretty good series. wink

LanceWindu
Now that I look at them again they were way too easy.

Julie
...easy?.....to read?....

LanceWindu
Yeah, I could finish one book within an hour.

Julie
oh it depends on how big the font size is in a book...but usu I took 2 hrs and a half...(rough estimate)

LanceWindu
The fonts were big and the lines were spaced out.

Julie
yes, but most of the time I find that comforting b/c it makes me feel like I accomplished something....you know read for a half hour and turn the pages 15 times

LanceWindu
More than that for me.

Those books just got boring after a while.

Have you ever read those types of books where they have different things you can do?

Like after you finish a couple pages it says turn to page --- for this or turn to page --- for something else to happen?

Julie
Choose your own adventure books!....Yes
my brothers had a whole bunch of them ...they're kinda old but I read them a few years ago...they were ok....I read them in a really methodical way wink

LanceWindu
I found some Star Wars ones at the library last year.

One was A New Hope the next was The Empire Strikes Back then the last...oh you get the idea.

Julie
smile yes I think I do.....I haven't read any of the star wars ones yet, but I think I may be able to get them from my library sometime...maybe in the summer wink

Julie
wow you never know whatcha'll find if you dig up old threads:-)

Julie
Yeah Star wars books. Have you read any interesting ones lately?
I read Dark Rendezvous, that's prob my fav of the new ones that came out...hard Contact wasn't bad either.

ARC Trooper 117
I tried to start reading The Cestus Deception, but then my buddy stole it from me. mad
I just bought "Labyrinth of Evil", and I can't wait-oh, and EU Info. states that Cody "is" an ARC Trooper....

Julie
that doesn't surprise me...they're more independent than their clone trooper or clone commando breathren

ARC Trooper 117
yes
But I think that's strictly EU, that Cody is an ARC Trooper/Commander. big grin

Julie
Well, with the cartoons, the Eu line has been blurred anyway since they're not the movies but they are Lucas approved

I haven't read that yet but I will eventually...I think I may order it with the revenge of the sith book and read them back to back...but I may wait until after seeing the movie

ARC Trooper 117
*Nods in approval*
But Julie, technically ALL EU books have the Lucas-seal-of-approval, (because they all have to go through him to see if it clearly clashes with "his story"wink....

Julie
true true...but I think even the hard core all canon freaks accept the cartoons as okay to view:-) Me, I'm an EU freak so I don't care what's "canon" and what's not

ARC Trooper 117
*Nods in approval*
I feel mostly the same way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.