Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith General Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanİeWindu™
That's right folks, you heard right.

This thread will be used for general discussion of everything Revenge of the Sith.

There will be NO Download links posted in here, no images, and be easy on the spoilers.

You are allowed to talk freely in here, but stick with the forum rules. No bashing, no flaming, no trolling, no spam, etc.

Be sure to use the other threads for all your spoiling needs.

LanİeWindu™
The opening post is just a rough draft I quickly put together. I will add to the rules of this thread tomorrow.

Until then I am going to bed.

Darth Plagueis
Nite-nite....good idea, bye the way....

Imaginary
For Lance when he gets back... when we've seen the movie, can we come in here and brag?

LanİeWindu™
Of course you can. (I'm not tired...laughing out loud ). This is just for talking about the movie, so anything is ok. Make sure to use the other threads at the same time though, do not focus on just this Test thread.

Post reviews of the movie once you've seen it if you want to, but also remember to leave a review in the KMC Forums Movie Discussion forum.

Imaginary
YES! All you people behind us time-wise, watch out, serious braggage coming through in May!

Jedi Priestess
Yeah Lance!!! I've wanted one of these threads forever! smile

Batman316
should be a sticky though

Imaginary
Where in Aus are you, Batman?

Batman316
Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast, Queensland

it dow sleep
My mate is really into star wars and knows loads but he dosnt know if General Grevis is in revenge of the sith does any1 know

DeVi| D0do
OMG! you are new here aren't you... wink

yes General Grievous is in Episode III cool

it dow sleep
yes i dont talk on star wars pages because i dont know that much but if my mate was on man u would b talkin 4 hours

Lord Banshee
Woohooo! I got The Visual Dictionary AND the Cross-sections. The Venator class star destroyer looks great in cross-section. There ARE giant doors on top of the ship i thought it was cartoon fiction.

And the all the sep-ships look GREAT!
WOOHO Happy Dance Happy Dance

it dow sleep
what r u on about oh and has any1 he got star wars galaxies my mates got it and i'm always playin on it round his house

Lord Banshee
uhh...thats EU

Mist
question: in ep3, the republic are using early xwing models, so how come when the republic becomes the empire, they dont use them, only the rebellion uses them?

Lord Banshee
The X-wing was a prototype of the empire... but the rebellion stole the schematics and contacted Incom to build them.

umraan
man this is a pretty stupid thread

Snakebyte
Originally posted by it dow sleep
My mate is really into star wars and knows loads but he dosnt know if General Grevis is in revenge of the sith does any1 know

big grin

The thread is called "ROTS General Discussion", but that doesnt mean we only ask questions about generals.... big grin

New_Born_Pyro
Originally posted by umraan
No, it's not.

I can't wait to get some Star Wars merchandise. But, I think it arrives later here in belgium. So I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Imaginary
Originally posted by umraan

No it isn't erm

BAILY
"We can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?"

Seriously tho... this thread is not a stupid thread... I have seen some bad ones in my time here at KMC, and this aint one of them

macgeek2005
The thing i'm most looking forward too in Revenge of the Sith, is order Sixty-Six.

If he ****es it up, I am going to be one pissed person. It should show at least 10 minutes of each battle scene before the Clones turn on their Generals. And when they turn of their generals there should be really sad music. And it should be very dramatic.

Mist
10mins is a long time when you think about it.....even 5mins is a bit long to be sitting watching something....

if anyone has read the novel, is the whole sifo dyas mystery explained? or is it left to EU?

LanİeWindu™
And if you tell...use spoilers. I'm not sure I wanna know yet.

Imaginary
Bumpage of thread smile

astrofan428
*waits for attic dust to settle*

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I thought the Sifo Dyas-mystery was partually explained in the Visual Dictionary of Ep3.....right???
Some novel could explain it further!!!!!!

Imaginary
Originally posted by macgeek2005
The thing i'm most looking forward too in Revenge of the Sith, is order Sixty-Six.

If he ****es it up, I am going to be one pissed person. It should show at least 10 minutes of each battle scene before the Clones turn on their Generals. And when they turn of their generals there should be really sad music. And it should be very dramatic.

Well, you didn't get what you wanted. But I was bawling at the time.

Lana
GAH I can't wait to see this movie....

Imaginary
At first I thought the AOTC soundtrack was better... then I actually saw the movie and it's now burning a hole in my CD player.

vv_tinuviel_vv
OMG!!!!! I'm back from ROTS!!! i can't believe it's over now, so sad... it was over so FAST!!!! i've got to go watch it again!!!!!

queeq
We all do.

((The_Anomaly))
the answer to that x-wing question is that probably the coroporation that made the proto xwings turned to the rebellion after the empire was started...

because different corporations make the ships, Incom makes the xwing, synar fleet systems makes the tie's (and jedi fighters) so chances are that incom made the prototypes for the republic then decided to turn to the rebellion and not make things for the empire, but this is simply speculation on my part..

queeq
There was a story about that once. Can't remember where. But it was something about the X-Wing being the latest technology about two years before ANH and the rebellion stole the blueprints. Something like that. But all EU.

Mist
*bump* this thread might come in handy so we dont get too many threads asking stupid stuff......

Jedi Priestess
Me thinks we need a sticky here.... confused

palpy_666
ROTS was such a good film. I can't wait for the DVD! And no, I'm not going to illegally get the movie as maybe some of you here are. I STRONGLY advise you not to as legal actions could be taken against you.

It's truly a crime shame how cheap and impatient people can be. I've heard that an Episode III torrent was up RIGHT after the midnight showing... Geez, what's wrong with people?

atila the great
the movie's amazing!!! palpatine owns this film totally!!

my only complain: polis massa, damn it lucas, you were doing so good but you and your stupid editing room and myself with the damn spoilers i wanted to see that scene so bad!

GCG
Did anyone see Shaak-Ti ? erm

DenKi
No, she should of been in there, Anakins Raid on the Temple was CRAP

muse5
^ i agree. i really don't think that he should have killed all of the younglings, i think that the audience got the point that he was going on a spree, but did he have to go that far?! i know i'm a softee but i just didn't like that part. and i also had problems with some of the dialogue. did anyone else read that tom stoppard helped gl with the script?

AzOkIdD
There were alot of things that dissapointed me about the movie... things in the beginning happened too fast... Gen. Grievious died without much of a fight... most of his scene was him running away... Dooku didn't put up much of a fight either... the thing that dissapointed me the most was Anakin's change to the dark side... when he first found out about Palpatine being the Sith Lord that the Jedi were looking for he was like "I must kill you"... then Palpatine was like "I know how to save Padme"... then Anakin was like "well ok..." it was just too fast of a change... look at movie # VI... Luke struggled and resisted for a long time the path to the dark side... that atleast my view on the movie!!

General Kaliero
Yeah, I thought his turn was a tad fast.

Things I liked: General Grievous. This is sorta a given, but still, he looked awesome, his arrogant attitude was awesome, and he managed to do some cool things before he died.

Palpitine. When he was talking to Anakin, especially in the opera house, you really understood where he was coming from. You had to stop and think for a moment, "Is he actually in the right?"

The Final Duel. It was so fast, so hard, and so well-choreographed. Excellent right up to the abrupt ending.

The Execution of Order 66. This was, IMO, one of the most powerful scenes in the movie. I actually started getting choked up here, my heart just ached at that betrayal.

The Birth of Darth Vader. Seeing him put together, with his body covered in a network of blinking and pulsing wires, was amazing. And then that shot of the front part of the helmet coming down, and the eyes activating, and that first ragged mechanized breath... unbelievable.

Things I didn't like: Padme's Predicament. In the last two movies, she had action sequences. Now she's just a plot device, and most of her few lines are pretty bad.

Anakin's turn. As said above, it was far too fast.

"If it's a boy..." Man, Padme and Anakin must have agreed on names a good time beforehand, because she just popped those names out like that. *snaps fingers*

Frankenvader. Okay, Lucas, I get what you're going for here. It's not good.

macgeek2005
I saw it at midnight last night. It was ****ing awesome. Better than I thought.

Order 66 to the end, is about the most magnificent creation ever brought into existence.

I got to the theater at about 9:10, and they let us into the cinema at 10:00

It started raining before that, and that sucked. I talked to some weird people dressed up as jedi, and there was a guy dressed up as george lucas.

Then finally we get inside, and people get up on the stage and start fighting each other, with lightsabers. Someone loaned me they're spare one, so I faught a bunch too. It was ****ing awesome. Great way to pass the time.

Then, when the first ad popped up on the screen, the audience went wild, and when "Star Wars" came on the screen, they went even wilder.

It was fun.

If anyone who hasn't seen it, is wondering anything about it, feel free to PM me.

Darth Plagueis
"Frankenvader" ! I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that, as it seemed REALLY obvious (over-the-top) and I didn't like the "Nooooooo"....but I am reserving further negatives until my second viewing tomorrow.

queeq
I would have liked to see Anakin kill off the kids... Just for once a mindless slaughter, since we already missed out on the Tuskens.

Darth Maverick
i think the film was great, everything i expected and more, i just gotta see it again

queeq
Me too.

DenKi
Can anyone Post that Shaak-Ti Picture with Anakin behind her?

queeq
*waiting*

Jedi Priestess
queeq its at tra, spoiled section picture thread.

bilb
The Shaak Ti scene obviously never made it into the film. The only pic we have is from the webcam and it only shows Shaak meditating.. the whole Anakin killing her by stabbing her in the back was added by someone in photoshop.

DenKi
I was dissapointed at the End with Yoda, I know he says he will go into hiding but it would of been good if we saw him get in a shuttle and take off for that Swamp Planet where Luke later Finds him. Like when he says goodbye to the wookies. that was perfect.

The Last Son
I was a tad dissappointed. The General Grevious fight wasn't what I expected. In the clone wars series he seemed almost invinceable. In the movie, he seemed a bit lame. I think GL had to pack too much information into a 2 hour movie. Thats why things are rushed like Ani's turn to the darkside. Yoda gave the best acting performance.

queeq
I didn't think it was rushed actually. I thought TPM was rushed, AOTC sluggish, this one in general quite well. Yes, it's fairly fast paced, but there's a friggin' war going on. So lots of stuff happening simultaneously. It kinda adds to the feel of chaos and stuff.

vader476
Hi

jerlark386
Originally posted by vader476
Hi

Obi-Wan : "Hello there!"

p. skywalker
i absoulty love the attitudes and bickering between obi and ani in the beginning.. it showed such brotherhood and made the final duel so much more dramatic.. i think it was great.. the only thing that kinda crapped me out was padme's acting at the end.. a little to much trying for me.. but i loved the movie i have seen it atleast 13 times..

vader476
woah 13
talk about obsessed

p. skywalker
well.. my uncle runs a chain of theartres and i never wait for dvd versions..LOL

PloKoon Forever
Off the subject...... Did anyone notice that papa roach's song a "last resort" is like an homage to anakin?

"Cut my Life into Pieces" What did obi-wan to to anakin?
"This is my last resort" Wasnt his last resort to save padme to turn to the dark side?

"Suffication, no breathing" Besides the force choke in ANH, Vader has the breathing noise...

"Dont give a fu*k if i cut my arms bleeding" Anakin has both arms severed...

L8r in the song...

"I'm running, I'm Crying" im sure Annie ran somewhere in the PT and he cries on Mustafar

Conicidence? I THINK NOT!!!

BTW.. Didnt know where this should go so i slapped it here.. General stuff... Happy Dance

PloKoon Forever
?????????????????????????????????????????? DUMB REMARK????????????????? no expression

vader476
well i can see it whenever i want

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.