Best beatles song?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
For me , is hey jude, one of the best songs or history. But its hard to choose, because the legendary band from Liverpoll has too many great songs to choose. And in your opinion?

Df02
haha... a fool on the hill was great until i heard the Bjork cover of it when she was 10 thumb down

sadly i have that on vinyl aswell!!

jaden101
i always liked "get back"...and thats about it...never been a fan of the beatles

MildPossession
Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite is one of my all time favourite Beatles songs, love it.

bakerboy
A fool on the hill is one of the best songs ever. Great.

Afro Cheese
While My Guitar Gentley Weeps

Mr Parker
How could you possibly forget I want to hold your hand Bakerboy thats their most famous song? eek!

Ou Be Low hoo
Blackbird, yo...BLACKBIRD...Or In My Life.

SlipknoT
Help

bordom
I'm sorry, but who the hell listens to The Beatles??????

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by bordom

^ One of the most stupid posts I have ever had the misfortune to read. Congratulations, bordom...Here's your prize...

SlipknoT
I'm sorry, but who the hell listens to The Beatles?????? Millions upon millions of people....

bordom
ya they gotta be old or somethin...

SlipknoT
ya they gotta be old or somethin... Young and old alike, my friends brother is 11 and hes one of the biggest fans i know.

bordom
I can't stand them sorry, but I can't

SlipknoT
What do you listen to?

bordom
hmm... anything... mostly The Used, Green Day, a bit of MCR, some of Metallica

MetallicaT
let it be roxxorzers

Alpha Centauri
The Used and My Chemical Romance suck.

I don't think The Beatles are anywhere near one of the greatest bands ever, but I love their music. Respect what they've done.

Get Back is one of my favourites. Back in the U.S.S.R was really catchy.

-AC

bordom
meh

AragonIsKing
I agree with Alpha Centauri (first page) but I would say "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds" would be one of my favorites. Mostly anything off the Sgt. Pepper album is great.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I voted Yesterday cuz its in my top 5 heres my top ten favourite Beatles songs:

Something
While my Guitar gently weeps
Yesterday
Let it Be
Hey Jude

~AlluNeedIsLuv~

you're an idiot.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya they gotta be old or somethin...

stupid omgsh. I'm 14 and I love 'The Beatles' they're like my one of my favourite bands. You just can't appreciate good music I guess...

Wolf Dog
Blue Jay Way
Across The Universe
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Cry Baby Cry

too much to list

Morning_Glory
i loved the song - Across the Universe

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
haha me too! I'm actually listening to that right now

Alpha Centauri
Word of advice to you (person above).

Don't go around calling people idiots and saying they have bad taste in music when you say things like "omgsh" and happen to be a fan of Simple Plan.

Doesn't exactly provide you with debating armour.

On topic: Was just listening to Hey Jude, great song.

-AC

bakerboy
The beatles is the most influential and best band ever. They made the first video-clip, their music was the most influential in another groups,they broken many rules and his music is the most versioned. To deny the beatles talent is absurd.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Word of advice to you (person above).

Don't go around calling people idiots and saying they have bad taste in music when you say things like "omgsh" and happen to be a fan of Simple Plan.

Doesn't exactly provide you with debating armour.

On topic: Was just listening to Hey Jude, great song.

-AC

oh well

sblomie545
my favorite song of all time (including any band of any sort) is strawberry fields forever-- but i do also love magical mystery tour and revolution, and glass onion and lucy in the sky with diamonds

i'm also 14 and i have a great appreciation for the beatles- ive found that either you love the beatles or you can't stand them- not in all cases but it really varies on the person

idk just my philosophy

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by bakerboy
The beatles is the most influential and best band ever. They made the first video-clip, their music was the most influential in another groups,they broken many rules and his music is the most versioned. To deny the beatles talent is absurd.

No, they're not either of those things.

Nobody is denying The Beatles' talent. To call them the most influential band ever, best band ever etc, is absurb IMO.

-AC

Darth_Decimator
my all time fave is across the universe
rounding out the top 5 tho are

#2 - youve got to hide your love away
#3 - i am the walrus
#4 - i shouldve known better
#5 - let it be

and btw the song is "THE fool on the hill" not "A fool on the hill" big grin

skwarikuku
any song written by john lennon is the best.
BUT at the same time, i think "while my guitar gently weeps" is one of the best songs in the world.
i have 3 favorite beatles songs: while my guitar gently weeps, come together, and a day in the life.

Darth Jello
In My Life, I Need You, Here, There, and Everywhere, I Want to Tell You, What's the New Mary Jane?, etc.

King Burger
"While my guitar gently weeps" was, I believe, written by
George Harrison.

Of the aboe, I'd say "Something", another Harrison song,
is excellent! Very beautiful and sweet.

"Michelle" and "Yesterday" and "While My Guitar..." are
the my other three favorites.

Personally though, I generally prefer George Harrison's
work, including his solo work, over that of the others.

Afro Cheese
Yeah Harrison wrote some cool songs. I like his Indian sounding songs too..

04wayne
Hey, Jude is an outstanding representation of the kind of music the Beatles could produce. I do think though that Paul McCartney sings it better on his own than the Beatles do as a group

Piggle Humsy
Oh my god.. shocking I can't believe out of 2 pages of posts no-one's put "Norwegian Wood" that is my all time fave Beatles song!
I know there are loads of Beatles songs but I would have thought at least one person might have had it on their list...

Well anyways other faves are...

*Hey Jude
*You've got to hide your love away
*Yesterday

thumbup

cindy8219
I can't pick just one song. I just love them. I have to thank my parents for that b/c they were always playing Beatles music.

It's a hards day night - love it. specially since its friday.

fenwayfranks
definately Hey Jude, greatest song ever made. Its tough though because Come Together is one of the greatest songs also. love The Beatles.

BobbyD
Hey Jude, Day Tripper, Eleanor Rigby are definitely up there for me.

...so many more (hits) to name too.

SpaceMonkey
A Day in the Life and Ticket to Ride.

For those who don't realize that most of the music they like was influenced by the Beatles, I feel sorry for your ignorance.

Bardock42
Lately I would say While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Something, Piggies and Mother Nature's Son...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
A Day in the Life and Ticket to Ride.

For those who don't realize that most of the music they like was influenced by the Beatles, I feel sorry for your ignorance.

Dumbest comment. Think about what you just said, please.

You feel sorry for people who simply were unaware that their favourite bands might have liked The Beatles?

Anyway; A Day in the Life.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Happiness Is A Warm Gun

BobbyD
To call them the most influential band ever, best band ever etc, is absurb IMO.

-AC

AC, I've been trying to understand what it is about the Beatles that you dislike. I know you like some things about them. But, they are the most influential band ever. And if not the best band ever, they are in the team photo. Your not thinking so doesn't make it true.

Is it a you against the world mentality of yours? If so, I can appreciate it. Is it because you like being argumentative? You like a good debate? If so, I can still somewhat understand. But, the truth is they ARE the most influential band ever; and one of the best bands ever. I say they're the best ever, so my opinion is biased. However, there is no disputing they are the most inluential band ever. It is easier to say this than it is to call them the best band ever. It is as true as Paris is the capital of France. 2 + 2 = 4. Michael Jordan is the best player in NBA history. WWII happened, etc. etc.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BobbyD
AC, I've been trying to understand what it is about the Beatles that you dislike. I know you like some things about them. But, they are the most influential band ever. And if not the best band ever, they are in the team photo. Your not thinking so doesn't make it true.

A) I don't dislike The Beatles. I just don't attempt to give them fellacio as your kind do.

B) Your thinking they are doesn't make it true either, what part of that are you not getting? It's not a fact that they are the most influential band ever, and I've debated more than well against people who come up with better Pro-Beatles arguments than you.

Is it a you against the world mentality of yours? If so, I can appreciate it. Is it because you like being argumentative? You like a good debate? If so, I can still somewhat understand. But, the truth is they ARE the most influential band ever; and one of the best bands ever. I say they're the best ever, so my opinion is biased. However, there is no disputing they are the most inluential band ever. It is easier to say this than it is to call them the best band ever. It is as true as Paris is the capital of France. 2 + 2 = 4. Michael Jordan is the best player in NBA history. WWII happened, etc. etc.

It's because I don't think they are either the best band ever or the most influential, it's that simple. What is it about fans of The Beatles that stops you from being capable of accepting that these things you believe are not facts? Does it personally hurt you when someone doesn't roll over for them or something?

They are not, factually, anything you say they are. You believe they are the most influential band ever, you believe they are the best ever. Neither of these are fact, you cannot factually prove either of them, and nobody has ever been able to, because it's opinion. I have disputed it successfully against many people, and so have many people before me, around the world.

Why you are acting like this has somehow crushed your belief system in life, is beyond me and, if I'm honest, worrying.

You cannot prove that they are the most influential band ever to the point of undeniability, because it's not a fact. Get over it, typical Beatles fan. To claim that them being the most influential band ever is as true as 2 + 2 being 4, makes you a complete idiot. 50 million opinions are no closer to fact that one opinion. Millions agreeing with you doesn't make it any more true.

-AC

BobbyD
A) I don't dislike The Beatles. I just don't attempt to give them fellacio as your kind do.

B) Your thinking they are doesn't make it true either, what part of that are you not getting? It's not a fact that they are the most influential band ever, and I've debated more than well against people who come up with better Pro-Beatles arguments than you.

It's because I don't think they are either the best band ever or the most influential, it's that simple. What is it about fans of The Beatles that stops you from being capable of accepting that these things you believe are not facts? Does it personally hurt you when someone doesn't roll over for them or something?

They are not, factually, anything you say they are. You believe they are the most influential band ever, you believe they are the best ever. Neither of these are fact, you cannot factually prove either of them, and nobody has ever been able to, because it's opinion. I have disputed it successfully against many people, and so have many people before me, around the world.

Why you are acting like this has somehow crushed your belief system in life, is beyond me and, if I'm honest, worrying.

You cannot prove that they are the most influential band ever to the point of undeniability, because it's not a fact. Get over it, typical Beatles fan. To claim that them being the most influential band ever is as true as 2 + 2 being 4, makes you a complete idiot. 50 million opinions are no closer to fact that one opinion. Millions agreeing with you doesn't make it any more true.

-AC

A well written response and lots true. Then we shall agree to disagree. wink

BobbyD
To claim that them being the most influential band ever is as true as 2 + 2 being 4, makes you a complete idiot.
-AC

No name calling, please. Someone can discredit your well written response as having a conversation with a child. You know better. wink

Bardock42
I know lots of people who would say Larry Bird.

§P0oONY
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is probably my favourite.

Out of the one's listed in the poll; The Fool on the Hill probably.

SpaceMonkey
Dumbest comment. Think about what you just said, please.

You feel sorry for people who simply were unaware that their favourite bands might have liked The Beatles?

Anyway; A Day in the Life.

-AC

OK, good point, let me re-phrase: I feel sorry for people who put down, or talk crap about, the Beatles while liking bands that were influenced by them. It's a matter of knowing roots I believe. Just give props to those who came before and made it possible for music to evolve how it has.

bakerboy
Dont waste your time with centauri, he always says the same thing over and over again about the beatles werent the most influential band ever without any valid reason.

Beatles= most influential band ever and one of the best bands ever. Its easy to see.

SpaceMonkey
Dont waste your time with centauri, he always says the same thing over and over again about the beatles werent the most influential band ever without any valid reason.

Beatles= most influential band ever and one of the best bands ever. Its easy to see.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the 411. I appreciate it. By the way, I share your opinion on the Beatles.

bakerboy
Thank you , dude. By the way, nice avatar. I love that movie.

Alpha Centauri
No name calling, please. Someone can discredit your well written response as having a conversation with a child. You know better. wink

Well, yes. Saying an opinion is as true as a mathematical fact is idiocy. Sorry if this upsets you.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
OK, good point, let me re-phrase: I feel sorry for people who put down, or talk crap about, the Beatles while liking bands that were influenced by them. It's a matter of knowing roots I believe. Just give props to those who came before and made it possible for music to evolve how it has.

I agree with you, actually. Give props to by all means, like I respect what Maiden did for metal, but I don't have to like them. People can acknowledge The Beatles, but they don't have to like them just because they like bands influenced by them.

For the record, Bakerboy is a bitter fan of The Beatles who takes it as a personal insult if you don't like them or dare to speak against them being the unquestionable best ever. What he just accused me of, is exactly what he does. We've debated many times and he always gets upset and leaves.

I have nothing against people who like them, or think they are the best, I just don't agree.

-AC

bakerboy
Well, yes. Saying an opinion is as true as a mathematical fact is idiocy. Sorry if this upsets you.

I agree with you, actually. Give props to by all means, like I respect what Maiden did for metal, but I don't have to like them. People can acknowledge The Beatles, but they don't have to like them just because they like bands influenced by them.

For the record, Bakerboy is a bitter fan of The Beatles who takes it as a personal insult if you don't like them or dare to speak against them being the unquestionable best ever. What he just accused me of, is exactly what he does. We've debated many times and he always gets upset and leaves.

I have nothing against people who like them, or think they are the best, I just don't agree.

-AC

Not problem at all, dear centauri. You know what i like you so much. I love to argue with you and with your nowhere arguments and your attempts of being the winner without any valid argument. I admire it in a poster.

mysterio69
hey bulldog.

Alpha Centauri
Not problem at all, dear centauri. You know what i like you so much. I love to argue with you and with your nowhere arguments and your attempts of being the winner without any valid argument. I admire it in a poster.

Good! Next, try some grammar.

-AC

Quiero Mota
"Michelle" and "Do You Want to Hear a Secret" are the only Beatles songs I like, ey.

Eis
From the list, Eleanor Rigby.

BobbyD

-AC

Makes sense....suppose you got me on this one. wink

SpaceMonkey
Thank you , dude. By the way, nice avatar. I love that movie.

Cool, not many people even know what my avatar is from!!

Centauri, as far as your little fued with BakerBoy, I am staying away from that as much as possible. LOL

bakerboy
Good! Next, try some grammar.

-AC

I would love to take some lessons from you, mr Shakespeare.

Bardock42
I would love to take some lessons from you, mr Shakespeare.

Nah, the Alpha Centauri is a harsh School Mistress.

Punkyhermy
Eleanor Rigby and Norwegian Wood.
happy

i heart all things beatles tho.

SelphieT
Come Together is my favorite Beatles song

Drifter101
too many to just pick one so, while my guitar gently weeps, something, hey jude, obladi oblada, blackbird, all you need is love, in my life, love you too, please please me, come together, revolution, oh! darling, here comes the sun, help!, let it be, for you blue, across the universe, one after 909, strawberry fields forever, dont let me down, tomorrow never knows, michelle, with a little help from my friends, lucy in the sky with diamonds, a day in the life, you know my name (look up the number), back in the ussr, yer blues, dear prudence, long long long, happiness is a warm gun, i will, she loves you theres probably more, but ithink if put enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.