Is Bohemian rapshody the best song ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Many polls and lists from specialized critics and music magazines said it. For me, is one of the best songs ever, it have a lot of styles mixed, pop, rock, opera, etc. Freddie Mercury masterpiece is still absolutely incredible and wonderful. But im not sure if its the best song ever, but surely in any top 10. and your opinion?

Df02
not at all... it annoys me lol, i couldn't give a justifiable replacement, but i dont think Bohemian Rhapsody deserves it.

its a list built on popularity not song quality i think anyway

nick1811
no, its not

BasketCase
I really like it, but I dont know if its the best sone ever.

Alpha Centauri
It probably wouldn't be in my top 10.

I love it but it's far from the best.

-AC

Moonunit
Nah not the best mate...

Afro Cheese
No

barbarossa
****ing great song but indeed, not the best.

LLG
It isn't the best song ever, but I really like the song, especially the melody.

Victor Von Doom
Perhaps people could offer their opinion of what IS the best?

Alpha Centauri
The song that means the most to me is Parabol/Parabola by Tool.

I couldn't offer a sort of definition of best. The Patient by Tool always strikes me as the perfect song.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I think "best song ever" is just too wide for me to pick. I can usually pick my favorite song from a certain artist although even that can be hard sometimes but just best song in general I couldn't do it. I can say that I don't think Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever cause there are plenty of songs that I like more than it.

tabby999
nah, of course its not, The Ketchup song is the greatest song of all time, how can you deny it?

Morning_Glory
no no expression

KillTheLight
^ what she said

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Perhaps people could offer their opinion of what IS the best?

Weird Al's "Albuquerque." erm

11 minutes of genius. no expression

Deano
dont fear the reaper by blue oyster cult

thats one of my fav songs

Lilli800
Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song with great lyrics. It wouldn't be in my Top 10 though. I don't like the bit at the end where it starts 'I see a little...' and it gets all bouncy and energetic. I thought that took away the greatness from the song. I don't have a 'best song ever' coz honestly there's just too many.

Lilli800
And tabby999 I hope you were joking coz that song is complete crap.

tabby999
if anyone here has thought i was being serious here, they obviously dont know me too well

Deathblow
It's a stupid song. It has no meaning, and like most Queen songs, it's totally cheesy and OTT.

IRON EDDIE 666
I like the song, and the meaning is obvious if you think about the writer, the lyrics and the song name, although there are some random parts in it. However, i wouldnt rank it as the best song of all time. Its imposible to say what the best song of all time is. There are too many different styles and tastes in music to decide. Whilst a song may be catchy, it may not have the musical structure of another. Also, one person will like one type of music over another type of music. It's just not possible to say what the best song of all time is. smile

Deano
its a brilliant song

genious

ESP07
Most people had forgotten about it until that damn Wayne's World movie brought it back.

ashtonsNO1fan
i wudnt say my best but my fave queen song yeah. and sorry to annoy any queen fans but i think g4 have covered it better than anyone cud, but ofcors queens version is better, did any1 watch queenmania? none of them cud do the songs really well

04wayne
No, Celine Dion's 'My Heart will go on' is

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by 04wayne
No, Celine Dion's 'My Heart will go on' is

blink What the f**k?

tabby999
obviously, how can you deny it, i'm changing my answer from the Ketchup Song to that, thanks 04wayne, i forgot that epic ballad...

of crap

botankus
Originally posted by bakerboy
Is Bohemian rapshody the best song ever?

Fake threads, you gotta love 'em.

MildPossession
It is a wonderfully put together song, but as one of the best for me, it is not. It doesn't actually do anything for me.

BlackC@t
No, I'm afraid not, 'Gifts and Curses' by Yellowcard is the best song ever wink

Red Superfly
I know you can do better than Yellowcard........

~MAchinREvenge~
Originally posted by BlackC@t
No, I'm afraid not, 'Gifts and Curses' by Yellowcard is the best song ever wink

I dare you to say that again in 5 years.
But anyway yeah, BR ranks right up there with Stairway to Heaven

theylnvrtkmeali
Well it sucks that you guys don't like it so much, but I think Bohemian Rapshody is absolutely one of the greatest songs ever written, DEFINITIELY on my top 10. {COLOR]

I know a lot of people don't like it because it doesn't make sense. That's kind of the charm. It covers every possible aspect of a really, really bad day. A lot of the crap in my life doesn't deal with the typical love song, so it's nice to have something neutral for a change. Plus, you can sing along. wink

What the f**k?

knight
The way that Queen performed it live at Wembley Stadium in 1986 was excellent, one of my regrets in life that I was born a decade too late in the wrong country.

so I was never able to see that concert in person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/queen_banner.jpg

Darth Revan
Originally posted by theylnvrtkmeali
Well it sucks that you guys don't like it so much, but I think Bohemian Rapshody is absolutely one of the greatest songs ever written, DEFINITIELY on my top 10. {COLOR]

I know a lot of people don't like it because it doesn't make sense. That's kind of the charm. It covers every possible aspect of a really, really bad day. A lot of the crap in my life doesn't deal with the typical love song, so it's nice to have something neutral for a change. Plus, you can sing along. wink

What the f**k?

Contrary to popular belief, all songs that are not Bohemian Rhapsody are not love songs.

tabby999
yeah i was surprised to find that out as well but it seems to be true wink

Ladyluck
bohemian rhapsody is great song...and so are most other songs by queen...but i wouldn't say it's the best...stairway to heaven by led zeppelin and come together by the beatles are better but bohemian rhapsody is definitley up there on the list...

fenwayfranks
this song is incredible.

tabby999
Originally posted by tabby999
obviously, how can you deny it, i'm changing my answer from the Ketchup Song to that, thanks 04wayne, i forgot that epic ballad...

of crap

would you believe that i got angry pms from this comment?

cad
i dont think it is.

Korri
Originally posted by Deathblow
It's a stupid song. It has no meaning, and like most Queen songs, it's totally cheesy and OTT.

Not to mention most of the lyrics are completely childish.

bakerboy
Who posted that the queen songs are childish and cheesy dont know anything about music.

koolruningz
^ Well in that case you are referring to Deathblow, who is one of the most clued up dudes around here when it comes to music. But im sure you will hear from him soon enough.

Red Superfly
Queen songs are childish and cheesy.

Doesn't mean they're crap. I enjoy a bit of cheesy childishness.

I mean, Queen, The Darkness, The Hives. You could argue they are all crap and cheesy, but there's no denying how good they are with making some fine pop music.

The fine Stilton cheese that Queen produce is a helluva lot better than the rank Limburger cheese most other pop bands fart out.

Korri
On the Contrery,

I love Queen, they are fantastically theatrical and they put on a good show, all im saying is their lyrics dont have very much in the way meaning, i never said that was a bad thing, but it is true.

bakerboy> Oh please, dont make me laugh.

The only reason you are making that absurd comment is because you are blinded by your own opinion. I have a friend just like you and beleive me when it comes to arguments such as this they have no ground to stand on.

And can i also point out that your talking about Deathblow when you make that comment. The Moderator of the Music Forum.

I dont think he would be in the position he is in if he didnt have a clue about what he was talking about.

Flying High
i prefer jeff buckley's hallelujah (his version neways messed )

bakerboy
Sorry, but the only absurd coment here was the one who said that queen songs are cheesy and childish. Songs like bohemian rapsody, who wants to life forever, a want to break free, crazy little thing called love, etc, are some the most best writted songs ever.

koolruningz
They are all good songs nobody is saying otherwise, but its not unrealistic to say some of their songs are a bit cheesy. Lets put it into perspective, Queen's frontman was a gay Indian so he is hardly going to be writing songs about getting wasted and shagging women is he? Freddy Mercury is certainly not your stereotypical rock star and if Queen had just started putting out records today they would be branded cheesy. By todays standards they are definitely a bit cheesy but that does not stop them from being a great band.
Again, if you want to call Deathblow's musical knowledge into question I'm guessing you're gonna come off second best.

bakerboy
Im not question about anybody musical knowlegde, but to say that queen songs are chessy and childish is just ignorant and absurd.

Awsering you, yeah, Freddie was gay and indian, so what? Elton John is gay too and his songs are fantastics and he has many rock and pop hits. John Lennon , paul macartney and george harrison were from liverpool , a city of sailor people without any musical tradition, and they are three of the best compositors ever. Same with people like mick jagger, keith richards, bob dylan or bruce springteen, people from poor places without any musical tradition. So what?

So, please, explain to me what queen songs are cheesy and childish and why?

koolruningz
If you think i was saying that he cant write great rock songs because he is a gay Indian you are really missing the point. All im saying is that the songs he wrote are not your typical rock songs and could be perceived as a bit cheesy. Musically they rock with the best of them, but lyrically they are a bit cheesy by todays standard.
The examples you seek, lets see. We are the champions, Bohemian rhapsody, We will rock you and A kind of magic for starters if released today would be labeled cheesy. Dont get me wrong i like Queen and i think most of the people posting in this thread do to, but they are a bit cheesy and there's nothing wrong with that. We are just a bit more cynical nowadays.

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by bakerboy
Many polls and lists from specialized critics and music magazines said it. For me, is one of the best songs ever, it have a lot of styles mixed, pop, rock, opera, etc. Freddie Mercury masterpiece is still absolutely incredible and wonderful. But im not sure if its the best song ever, but surely in any top 10. and your opinion?

Considering something the best thing ever when you cant even spell it. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Solo
Bitches Aint Shit by NWA is hands down the greatest song ever.

knight
"We are the champions - my friend
And we'll keep on fighting till the end, We are the champions
We are the champions, No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions... of The World

Lord_Andres
I really hate this song, its the most overrated song I've ever heard it gets all this glory and yet I dont see why, whats so good with it? i hate the melodi, the singing is not that good, and the playing is just average, why is it the best song???????????

Doubledee90
Originally posted by knight
"We are the champions - my friend
And we'll keep on fighting till the end, We are the champions
We are the champions, No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions... of The World

I like Queen a lot (im not like a die hard fan but i like the songs i have heard) but u gotta admit those lyrics are CHEESY! Sorry bakerboy u have been over ruled smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.