Evil Ryu vs Violent Ken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
since there is a Ryu vs Ken thread i decided 2 improvise big grin
Now its E.Ryu vs V.Ken.
4 those who do not no......
Evil Ryu-Ryu when he tapped into dark hadou
Violent Ken-Ken controlled by M.Bison

Who would win??
I say Evil Ryu

wolf biologist
Well this is a easy one. Even though Ken might have agility and speed. Ryu has: alot more POWER, more experience, and a lot more concentration. But when he is evil ryu he gets close to the same power as Akuma and that is something that violent ken can't be compared with. My vote goes to Ryu.

Ketchuptome
Yep.

wolf biologist
But if ken could somehow manage to get the dark hadou powers and managed to control them ( because ryu can't) then I think ken could defeat ryu. But not at this moment, ryu would kill him.

SaTsuJiN
ken is lethally accurate when violent.. ryu just goes on a spam fest throwing lightning everywhere and barking like a dog.. plus violent ken just looks cooler (he teleports way faster too (see : SvC Chaos for Xbox)

http://www.geocities.com/shin_ryu1/evilryu1.jpg http://www.combatrush.co.uk/images/gallery/svc_violentken.jpg

Ketchuptome
I like the pictures.But Evil Ryu just gotta do raging demon and its done

wolf biologist
That picture looks sweet but yeah ken has more control but power is the biggest factor here and with that ryu wins.

Ketchuptome
Those look like they are from Fightersgeneration

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
I like the pictures.But Evil Ryu just gotta do raging demon and its done ken just gotta jab him in the face to knock him out of it, and then do his jinrai kyaku / shoryu reppa hybrid super

Ketchuptome
But E.Ryu is faster and better in long and short range attacks..
Shinku Hadouken or hurricane kick would both KILL Ken

SaTsuJiN
his teleport is slow, unfortunately. whereas kens is like a dashing teleport.. just teleport-dash right through his shinkuu hadouken and do a supermove.. you can just jump back and wait for ryu to finish super hurricane kick... thats not much of an issue.. all of these are theoretical unfortunately.. distance is key and there are many variables.. (incorrect command input.. distance.. skilled vs unskilled users) clear some stuff up like the arena.. the game rules etc, and you can have a more plausible battle

Ketchuptome
So do u no V.Ken history(bio)

SaTsuJiN
Have you tried SvC : Chaos for xbox? its a fun game really..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/919014.html a guide (which includes bios)

---------
STORYLINE
---------
Ken Master was kidnapped by Vega's (M.Bison for the America audience) evil
organisation, and got brainwashed.

Now he is a mere shadow of his former-self, a human killing machine who have
forgotten his past.

Ketchuptome
Ohh.Okay

Redmann_05
I don't know if anyone knows but ken would win because he eventually touches the dark hadou, plus in his violent stage he is just as deadly as dark hadou ryu.

Ketchuptome
blink

e.ryu
EVIL RYU ALSO TAKEN BY THE DARK HADOU WOULD KICK KENS ASS NO MATTER WHAT AND WTF IS WITH THIS POLE SAYING E.RYU WOULD LOSE LIKE COME ON RYU HAS THE BETTER RECORD AND HES MORE POWERFUL AND SHOOTS FASTER HADOKENS AND SHINKU HADOKENS

CorderaMitchell
v. ken teleports...... cool

E Ryu ,ken is just powerful after bison got a hold of them, but is even farther than ryu in comparing to akuma.

e.ryu
RYU KILLS AKUMA !

e.ryu
and if knew anything about sf that shin akuma in that pic

e.ryu
E.RYU WOULD **** UP V.KEN

Mainstream
Originally posted by e.ryu
E.RYU WOULD **** UP V.KEN

**** him up good.

CorderaMitchell
we got ya sir, just fine.

Mainstream
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
we got ya sir, just fine.

^ Akuma?

CorderaMitchell
What, and what happened to the intense piccolo.

Hoshi
evil ryu destroy violent ken , violent ken form is a form powered by m bison (vega) and has the power of the martial arts trying to achieve a power that assembles the dark hadou , and evil ryu has the dark hadou which vega tried to put in ken , but couldnt do it perfectly , although evil ryu has no control of his power he could win if he blow just a single hit at v ken

CorderaMitchell
yeah , but uncontrolled power Evil Ryu, is more dangerous than the controlled power Akuma, though not as effective, as control without power is darn near useless.

SaTsuJiN
Have you guys played SVC : Chaos before saying V.Ken sucks?.. V.ken is really great IMO.. he moves like lightning.. and in vid games.. Speed > Power

GalacticStorm
err guys i don't mean to burst your bubble but violent ken doesn't actually exist if your going by the street fighter storyline but if your going by the games then fair enough

Ken was never abducted by bison that was all made up it was Ryu that was abducted by bison and made into a physco powered version.

It was then the aid of sakura sagat and ken which go him out of that situation. Sakura and ken had to fight bison while sagat fought ryu

Ken and Sakura had to hold off bison while.....................

.....Sagat beat up Ryu again and Ryu snapped out of his trance and then they tag teamed bison out of the place

So i have to say that Violent ken doesn't actually exist in street fighter storyline continuity.

Alot of the Story to street fighter is just made up and alot of it never really happened as Capcom have stated Capcom should really recton that whole Story back to the original fight with Ryu and Sagat and start from there again

SaTsuJiN
if it was not part of the story.. how come capcom boxed the anime where ken gets abucted by bison, along with thier Street Fighter Anniversary Edition for Xbox/Ps2 ? o_O...

CorderaMitchell
nono, the only thing that refers to the violent ken is the anime that came out, i'm not sure if that was even in continuation.

SaTsuJiN
they practically made evil everybody by now.. I guess having ken go ape isnt too out of the question for capcom blink

CorderaMitchell
yeah thats true, i still like and appreciate all of them though.

Hoshi
satsujin if you are talking about gameplay it is already proved that the best fighters are 1-chun li 2-kim 3-ken 4-ryu ... and violent ken is under evil ryu in the avalation of best gameplay characters

SaTsuJiN
lol.. chun li in svc?.. hmm.. I know they used her SF3 form, but hadnt recieved the impression that she was good.. I heard Zero is broken and pwnz everyone though... (that diagonal staff twirl)

do you have any combo videos or exhibitions that prove this?

CorderaMitchell
well according to that tier bs

sagat,bison,blanka,guile,and chun li own since they have ridicuolous priority and often bad balance in moves.

However, I' would say that i still beat many that use sagat with guys like shin akuma all the time.

The tier list basically says that if 2 players are EVENLY MATCHED then using a greater tier would almost guarantee a win.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/spower/svc/madness2.htm

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/spower/svc/madness.htm

2 combo vids.. and you need a gamespy account to login and DL em :O

Hoshi
dowload the trailer of evolution 2005 and you will see

CorderaMitchell
hey at least you warned me.

Sanbru
Alright I'm trying to grasp what you people are saying, some one said Ken never was abducted. Though there was a movie which is "Street Fighter 2 the movie." which shows this happening. Ken is brainwashed and made more powerful by Bison's pyscho powers, in which would be referred to "Violent Ken." He kicks normal Ryu's ass until her snaps out of it. Though I believe Evil Ryu would kick Violent Ken's ass, the reason is because Ryu has the dark Hadou and Ken dosn't. Akuma is basically the master of the dark Hadou and he kills Bison. Seeing as though Ken wasn't contributed to all of Bison's power, he would get his ass seriously kicked.

CorderaMitchell
good points.

dvampire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
his teleport is slow, unfortunately. whereas kens is like a dashing teleport.. just teleport-dash right through his shinkuu hadouken and do a supermove.. you can just jump back and wait for ryu to finish super hurricane kick... thats not much of an issue.. all of these are theoretical unfortunately.. distance is key and there are many variables.. (incorrect command input.. distance.. skilled vs unskilled users) clear some stuff up like the arena.. the game rules etc, and you can have a more plausible battle

I think Ken is useing superspeed rather then teleporting. smile But Ryu wins this. Even in SVC: snk vs. capcom chaos manga comics they was super powerful but Ryu fought agains Goddess Athena (in heaven) and won. smile

CorderaMitchell
how did goddess athena win.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by dvampire
I think Ken is useing superspeed rather then teleporting. smile But Ryu wins this. Even in SVC: snk vs. capcom chaos manga comics they was super powerful but Ryu fought agains Goddess Athena (in heaven) and won. smile embarrasment ... I downloaded one of the combo videos a page back.. I dont recall them using her for any kind of exhibition.. is she a good character?

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
how did goddess athena win.

She didn't win. Ryu beat her, and Kyo beat Red Arremer. That series was chaotic; trust me, if your into any supernatural anime like Fist of the North Star and DBZ/GT your going to love this. You got M. Bison Nukeing the planet. It first starts off with Ryu having a dream fighting Kyo and they get interupt by Akuma and Mr. Karate (Takuma with the mask that make him super powerful) who kills them both. And then they get taken to heaven and blah, blah, blah. smile

dvampire
embarrasment ... I downloaded one of the combo videos a page back.. I dont recall them using her for any kind of exhibition.. is she a good character?

well you can fight Athena and Red Arremer. To fight Athena you just have to beat every character with a super/special move without having any character die by blocking. To fight Red Arremer just do the same by killing them with special moves and defeat one character with blocking K.O. smile You'll see the characters real endings. I have this game on the X-box.

brainchild81
V.Ken wins. I go by the theory that Ken never fights to his true potential(SFII amimated movie). But if he use his full potential as V.Ken seems to, he'd kill Ryu. In the Alpha movie when Ryu was going all Dark Hadou crazy, normal Ken put him down by dodging a fireball and giving him a simple gutshot. V.Ken would've ripped his guts out. Ken wins!

GalacticStorm
look you guys i am telling you this because i know i am correct

Ken was never abducted it was Ryu that was abducted and this is an offical statement from Capcom i am not plucking it out of the air

You guys have to understand that alot of the street fighter storyline is made up and alot of it never happened

Most of street fighter 2 the movie is just made up the storyline was changed becasue of Ryu's popularity and to see him getting taken out and ken and Sagat having to go rescue him would make a crap movie and wouldn't sit well with the fans

Forget the movie because it never happened it is all wrong go look it up for yourselves I am telling yopu the truth Ryu got abducted and Ken and SAkura and Sagat had to go save his ass that is what actually happened and is actually an offical statement from Capcom.

If you aren going by the Game I would say Violent Ken though

but in the Story continuity Ryu can beat Ken regardless

remeber if you watch from the film Ryu only got his ass kicked because he dind't want to hurt Ken he took ken's attacks and got up for more

Though this whole fight never actually happened

alright you guys if you know so much tell me when did Ryu get his red headband from ken?

SaTsuJiN
according to the SF movie.. ryu got his headband when he fell down during a training session, hitting his head on a rock, which then began bleeding.. ken took off his hair band that was tying his hair.. and wrapped it around Ryu's wound

dvampire
according to the SF movie.. ryu got his headband when he fell down during a training session, hitting his head on a rock, which then began bleeding.. ken took off his hair band that was tying his hair.. and wrapped it around Ryu's wound

The video games are the ones that are cannon. Win Ken beat Ryu (he wasn't focus) in SFA 2 he gave him his headband. smile

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by dvampire
She didn't win. Ryu beat her, and Kyo beat Red Arremer. That series was chaotic; trust me, if your into any supernatural anime like Fist of the North Star and DBZ/GT your going to love this. You got M. Bison Nukeing the planet. It first starts off with Ryu having a dream fighting Kyo and they get interupt by Akuma and Mr. Karate (Takuma with the mask that make him super powerful) who kills them both. And then they get taken to heaven and blah, blah, blah. smile

lol

SaTsuJiN
then how come in alpha 3 ryu still has a white headband?.. if ken gave it to him then it woulda been red right?

CorderaMitchell
just using it for costume matching, though i like the skyblue ryu anday, it rhymes too.

GalacticStorm
thank you at least dvampire know's

Bascially the story goes that Ryu and Ken were going to have their long awaited fight.

so they were fighting but Ryu lost quite easily

Ken knew that Ryu wouldn't have lost that easily and noticed that ryu wasn't really focusing or paying attention to the fight because he had bigger things to take care of such as the dark hadou and Akuma

So Ryu was given the Red headband by Ken to remind him to always stay focused and to try and never lose his head mentally in a battle that's why you see Ryu wearing a White headband in SFA and SFA2 and 3 because he hadn't got the red headband yet this is an offical statement from Capcom also.

But yet you see in SF2 he has the red headband thats becasue SF2 happens after the alpha series and it was between this time that Ken and Ryu had actually fought and thats when ken gave him the red headband.

SaTsuJiN
hehe.. find these official capcom statements for us smile

dvampire
hehe.. find these official capcom statements for us smile

Head to this web site www.shoryuken.com big grin

CorderaMitchell
evil ryu is like a match for akuma , though not shin, and even then he has greater potential.

Darkstorm Zero
Hmm... This one has generated some controversy I see.

Ok, While I delberate on my character of choice, let me try and point a few things out (I'm new at this forum so go easy on me M'kay?)

Firstly, the existance of both characters is entirely questionable. V.Ken is not an actual charactr that was set up in Canon storylines for the game, he was only written into the script for the movie because the producers where not entirely sure how to translate the Dark Hadou saga due to the fact that there was many conflicting issues bitween Capcom Japan (the owners of the franchise) and Capcom America (English speaking counterparts).

E.Ryu stems from the same problem. Officcialy he only ever went evil for that one moment where he performed the Metsu Shoryuken, Scarring Sagat in SF1. Capcom Japan was reluctant to actually use Evil Ryu at all, the only reason they did was to produce a "What if?" sort of character.

As for my choice of Character, I would have to side with E.Ryu on this one. Reasons: E.Ryu inherited quite a few new moves, not just new supers. V.Ken on the other hand only inherited a new teleport and 2 new supers. E.Ryu maintains his offensive and defensive abilities, where as V.Ken sacrificed defence for speed.

And yes I have the game on my PS2 (Just came out here for the PS2) And I own many SF and KOF games across many consoles, so I'm fairly certain that I'm accurate with my information.

CorderaMitchell
we believe you.

oh and nice akuma pic

Darkstorm Zero
Thanks Cordera

I did forget to mention that this match would be extremely close, probably depending on who would hit an exeed first....

SaTsuJiN
I just really love violent kens attitude though.. he's all cool and brain-dead, except for wanting to beat the crap out of anything that goes into a fighting stance eek!

http://www.combatrush.co.uk/images/gallery/svc_violentken.jpg

Darkstorm Zero
I agree with you on that count, VB.Ken is still very very cool, probably one of my most used characters on SvC Chaos.

CorderaMitchell
Ken, please cut your hair!!!

GalacticStorm
ok you guys who would win out of Shin Akuma and Oro?

Shin Akuma is a master of the Fist but Oro is almost a near mytiscal being

CorderaMitchell
You got me allow me to make a thread............

evilken.
I have bought a japenese manga of streetfighter3 and it showed ken with control of the dark hadou ryu is also in his evil form and they both fight akuma is watching. Ken is stronger than ryu in this form and he actually hits ryus arm off his body, ryu has to retreat and a different character

CorderaMitchell
what exactly is this you're talking about?

evilken.
I bought a japense manga comic of streetfighter3, in the comic it features ken taken over by the dark hadou ryu is also in his dark hadou form, they both fight but ken is stronger he punches ryu and ryus arm is ripped from its socket. Akuma is watching the whole fight unfortunately i dont speak japenese so i couldnt read the words.

But that anwsers the question about who is stronger out of ken and ryu.

evilken.
by the way snk vs capcom chaos is not that good capcom vs snk2 is much better. Snk are not abad company but they spoilt the versus series.

evilken.
the music seems too retro and the graphics are not too good the menu screens are also kind of retro to.

CorderaMitchell
Yea they basically made an inferior version of the same game..........

evilken.
IS THERE ANYBODY ONLINE

Sniper_sloth
The only SF characters that weren't just completely worthless pieces of shit were Gen, Akuma, and Bison.

Gen - Technique
Akuma - Power
Bison - World-conquering *******-factor.

CorderaMitchell
get used to gaps in your responses, because people do different things all over the world, in fact its rare you'll have a one on one back to back conversation.

Go to multiple forums to maximize your time, there's comic versus, game discussion, off topic(super fun, you get to flirt and get pictures on your posts), general discussion, music discussion and more, you'll get bored waiting a long time for someone to respond, because they are usually moving around as we..

dvampire
they practically made evil everybody by now.. I guess having ken go ape isnt too out of the question for capcom blink

SNK did V. Ken not Capcom. And Ryu doesn't go evil anymore since the SFA days; In SF2 and 3 hes overcome that. smile

CorderaMitchell
Sadly enough yes.........

brainchild81
Anybody know the story behind Street Fighter 2010?

CorderaMitchell
I haven't a clue sorry,, look it up online maybe.

brainchild81
V.Ken wins with a gut shot.

Sonic x 20
Ryu earned his Dark side, Ken didn't earn his Dark side, who will win.

legacy92
v.Ken wins
jus bkause im a ken Fan stick out tongue

Sonic x 20
Ken is one of my favorite characters as well, but I think Ryu will because he has been training longer than Ken, but Ken is the Master of the Shoryuken. Ryu is one of my favorite characters also. big grin big grin

ThoraxeRMG
Violent Ken isn't controlled by Bison.
The cause of his insanity is most likely Orochi based.

Darkstorm Zero
Nowhere does it state that V.Ken's corruption or new poers are from the Orochi, anywhere.

People say it's because of the purple flames and skull energy pillar, but it'sa graphical liberty, it's never stated anywhere that those aspects are unique to Orochi either.

Besides, if it where Orochi influence, then Ken's corruption would be as eternal as that of the Yagami, and we know thats not the case (As seen in V.Ken's ending. he returns to normal)

A far more likely scenario is that of Bison's more temporary Psycho Power corruption, since it was the sf2 movie version that V.Ken was based on.

brainchild81
Normal Ken punches E.Ryu in the gut & E.Ryu collapses. V.Ken punches E.Ryu THROUGH the gut & E.Ryu dies

JacopeX
Violent Ken is just an enhanced brutte stregnth version as Evil ryu is more powerful and has more increased attributes than his old self. Ryu defeats Ken in power and experience. Evil ryu wins. smile

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Nowhere does it state that V.Ken's corruption or new powers are from the Orochi, anywhere.

I agree with this.

People say it's because of the purple flames and skull energy pillar, but it's a graphical liberty, it's never stated anywhere that those aspects are unique to Orochi either.

Even when only those who were tied to Orochi displayed this when using certain moves? confused

Besides, if it where Orochi influence, then Ken's corruption would be as eternal as that of the Yagami, and we know thats not the case (As seen in V.Ken's ending. he returns to normal)

True, but the game isn't canon to either side. And because of that I guess, SNK wanted to have a capcom character display power of a new crazed Orochi induced rage.

A far more likely scenario is that of Bison's more temporary Psycho Power corruption, since it was the sf2 movie version that V.Ken was based on.

No, then Ken wouldn't of had that "evil insane guy" studder.
As seen in the movie, he was silent. Again, the Orochi skull in V. Ken's "Shinbu Messatsu" proves that the Orochi is behind his breif insanity.

Originally posted by JacopeX
Violent Ken is just an enhanced brutte stregnth version as Evil ryu is more powerful and has more increased attributes than his old self. Ryu defeats Ken in power and experience. Evil ryu wins. smile

Heh, no
Ken out speeds him.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Even when only those who were tied to Orochi displayed this when using certain moves? confused

It's called artistic licence, or can even be chalked up to experience. you can't staple it to something so vage when not every confirmed orochi has those atributes, I can think of 3 confirmed orochi's that don't posess any form of the skull and all but two don't have purple flames.

True, but the game isn't canon to either side. And because of that I guess, SNK wanted to have a capcom character display power of a new crazed Orochi induced rage.

It's still not confired either way, and until it is, we should stick with the one that makes more sense.

No, then Ken wouldn't of had that "evil insane guy" studder.
As seen in the movie, he was silent. Again, the Orochi skull in V. Ken's "Shinbu Messatsu" proves that the Orochi is behind his breif insanity.

Ken was stuttering and roaring and raging when he was under Bison's control in the movie... And see above for the skull thing, it's either coincidence or artistic lisence.

Heh, no
Ken out speeds him.

Ryu outlasts him, not to mention Ashura Senkuu is more dependable.

brainchild81
Ken was stuttering and roaring and raging when he was under Bison's control in the movie.. No. He was silent

Terryc250
Ryu > Ken
Dark Hadou > M.Bisons psycho power
Evil Ryu > Violent Ken

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by brainchild81
No. He was silent

I meant during the actual fight

ThoraxeRMG
I don't care who wins, all I know is that some thing Orochi based.
Must of caused Ken to go into a violent streak.

Darkstorm Zero
And that assumption requires proof, not vague extrapolation based on GFX.

I'm sorry, but nothing either within or outside of the game suggests anything Orochi based is used with or by V.Ken.

brainchild81
I meant during the actual fight Me too. I'm watching it right now. He was mostly quiet, more like a puppet than a madman. Not stuttering or roaring. Ryu wanted to get a response but he was only getting more violence until Ken's 'washing started to wear off.

ThoraxeRMG
And that assumption requires proof, not vague extrapolation based on GFX.

I'm sorry, but nothing either within or outside of the game suggests anything Orochi based is used with or by V.Ken.

Other than his purple flames and Orochi skull.

Darkstorm Zero
So the purple flames and skull are unique to Orochi users?

I guess then Bison and Akuma must also be members then since they have used purple flames before...

And the skull is not a be all end all indicator... it never was.

peejayd
Normal Ken punches E.Ryu in the gut & E.Ryu collapses. V.Ken punches E.Ryu THROUGH the gut & E.Ryu dies

* true... smile

Csdabest
Um No.... ^^^^ Ryu just came back to his sense and it was the strain from the power he just felt. Normal Ryu and Ken taken blows from eachother much harder.....Gosh nothin but rubbish.

brainchild81
No. It was Ken's speed & agility that let him evade E.Ryu & get in close & the gutshot took the wind outta E.Ryu's sails. It put Ryu right on his @ss IIRC. Originally posted by peejayd
* true... smile laughing out loud It'd be like the Pilsberry doughboy thing, but way more violent.

peejayd
Originally posted by Csdabest
Um No.... ^^^^ Ryu just came back to his sense and it was the strain from the power he just felt. Normal Ryu and Ken taken blows from eachother much harder.....Gosh nothin but rubbish.

* Violent Ken is much quicker and more brutal than normal Ken... Evil Ryu may have more energy because of Dark Hadou but he will go down with V. Ken's flurry of kicks and punches... smile

ShinGrave
Evil Ryu

peejayd
* Violent Ken... ^^^ smile

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by peejayd
* Violent Ken is much quicker and more brutal than normal Ken... Evil Ryu may have more energy because of Dark Hadou but he will go down with V. Ken's flurry of kicks and punches... smile

And find that he can't even hurt Ryu, when he can ever land one... thanks to the Ashura Senkuu

peejayd
And find that he can't even hurt Ryu, when he can ever land one... thanks to the Ashura Senkuu

* as Evil Ryu uses Ashura Senkuu, he later finds out he's been KO'ed after he wakes up... thanks to the Rasetsu Kyaku... smile

Kykiokushin
I say Evil Ryu, Evil Ryu IMO is almost at the level of Akuma, and to say V. Ken is up there. would be giving him too much credit.

peejayd
* Violent Ken deserves to be at the level of Evil Ryu and Gouki gameplay-wise, but not story-wise because it is not canon... wink

Project Jedah
Evil Ryu in the game is stronger than Akuma, the guy kills'im in his endin and takes'is title as Supreme Master Of The Fist...he destroys ALL OF SHADOWLOO too.

V.Ken is just a Bison pawn made by SNK to match R.Iori. They shoulda made the Satsui No Hadou Ken, that woulda been like 10X more bad ass, yo.

It's sux that Ryu gets all this ultimate evil power and when Ken turns evil, he's gotta be some Bison experiment.

peejayd
* yeah, that sucks... but where can we find the true origin of Violent Ken? some says it's Orochi-based, some says it's Bison's... which is which? confused

brainchild81
I think it's a combo of bothOriginally posted by peejayd
* Violent Ken deserves to be at the level of Evil Ryu and Gouki gameplay-wise, but not story-wise because it is not canon... wink Gameplay-wise, he beats the shit outta E.Ryu & he gives normal Gouki an EXTREMELY difficult time if he doesn't beat him.

Darkstorm Zero
Kens fast and flashy, Ryu is damaging and durable...

peejayd
* Violent Ken is fast and flashy and damaging... smile

brainchild81
Yep

Darkstorm Zero
* Violent Ken is fast and flashy and damaging... smile

Ah, no. Shinbu messatsu being the only exeption, whereas Ryu is built to outlast, heavy durability, and counter attacks. Ryu is geared for the patient player, Ken is for the fast and furious type, in many ways similar to Akuma.

Each has their strengths and weaknesses, Ryu is hard hitting single hits and defense. Ken and V.Ken is combos jump-ins and speed.

Sorry, but the more intelligent and patient fighter would win out.

as for E.Ryu... well my thoughts on him have already been stated, it'
s Ryu with more power and speed.

peejayd
Ah, no. Shinbu messatsu being the only exeption, whereas Ryu is built to outlast, heavy durability, and counter attacks.

* only Shinbu Messatsu as an exception? gameplay-wise, Ken's Shinryuken can par with Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku... Ken's Shoryureppa can par with Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken...

Ryu is geared for the patient player, Ken is for the fast and furious type, in many ways similar to Akuma.

* maybe... but you chose the right word - "geared"... because good players can be also play defensive as Ken and offensive as Ryu...

Each has their strengths and weaknesses, Ryu is hard hitting single hits and defense. Ken and V.Ken is combos jump-ins and speed.

Sorry, but the more intelligent and patient fighter would win out.

* nope, it depends on how good the player is... good offensive players can always find ways to defeat defensive players, and vice-versa... and of course, patient players main weakness is the time, unless the time is off...

as for E.Ryu... well my thoughts on him have already been stated, it'
s Ryu with more power and speed.

* gameplay-wise, Ken is already slightly quicker than Ryu but slightly slower than Gouki... Violent Ken can par with Evil Ryu and Gouki in power and speed, gameplay-wise... smile

* as for story-wise, if you saw Street Fighter Alpha movie: (borrowed from brainchild81) "Normal Ken punches E.Ryu in the gut & E.Ryu collapses. V.Ken punches E.Ryu THROUGH the gut & E.Ryu dies"-argument stands very firmly... in that movie, you can also witness Ken's durability... although i doubt that would really happen because of the mere fact that Ryu is the main protagonist of the story... smile

brainchild81
Ken's high damage soak is hinted at in every form of animation I've seen him in.

SFV: Knocks Vega the fvck out despite being stabbed & many times. (Ken used no visible chi moves back then)

SFII movie: After being engulfed in a pissed off Bison's Psycho power & thrown a vast distance, Ken realises his legs don't work.......Recovers. W/Ryu's help, fights & eventually defeats Bison despite being elbowed & punched in the face multiple times & thrown into Ryu.

SF:USA Cartoon: Takes damage from Akuma & keeps getting up.
Akuma tells him It appears you still have some fight left in you. You really are tough. Ken gets up & proceeds to beat Akuma's @ss. This is now canon because I said so.

JustFrame
Dark Ryu (Not Evil Ryu, stupid English translations) would utterly destroy Violent Ken with ease.

Dark Ryu would be ridiculously powerful, he would nearly be on par with someone like Gouki (Akuma) in abilities, which would push him well beyond the boundaries of even Violent Ken.

Not to mention, canon-storyline wise, Ryu is a far more powerful character then even Ken.

Throughout their entire time of training, Ken was never as good as Ryu, thus the reason why Ken started to wear his Red Gi, so he could stand out from Ryu.

The only times that Ken ever won against a match up with Ryu was during Alpha when Ryu was clouded by the Dark-Hadou and confused, thus he wasn't mentally into his matchup with Ken and lost.

The other time was most likely in SFII where Ken would've won, however outside of those two matchup's, Ryu has been the victor as stated by his comments "I have the better win record" to Ken in SFIII.

Ken is not as powerful as Ryu, fighting ability wise, or Ki-Channeling wise, especially that, considering Ken has been stated to not focus so much upon ki-channeling, and more upong being flashy.

Violent Ken would lose out to Ryu, I'm sorry.

In Game Wise, Ryu has overall been the better character...here let me list to all of you...

Street Fighter II: WW - (Tie) Ryu and Ken where both at the button, and where both horrible characters, due to Shoryuken not knocking down while standing, horrible Hadouken, and hurricane kick was completely garbage.

Street Fighter II: CE - (Ryu) Ryu was the 4th best overall character in this game, due to his much faster Hadouken, and far more powerful zoning game. Ken was very strong, but wasn't as good as Ryu overall, due to his weaker zoning game, however he was slightly stronger then Ryu in overall damage. Still Ryu was the better character in this Champion Edition.

Street Fighter II: HF - (Ryu) Ryu is the BEST character in Hyper Fighting, hands down, no if's and's or but's. With the greater speed, it made his Hadouken game even better, and made Ryu the most powerful overall character in the game. Ken's position is debated, however most top players will say he was the 5th best character in the game, he had crazy aerial hurricane kick setups, and a solid Hadouken, however nowhere near as good as Ryu was.

Super Street Fighter II: NW - (Ryu) Although Ryu got nerfed alot from his beastly Hyper Fighting counterpart, he was still a better character then Ken in here.

Super Street Fighter II: Turbo - (Ryu) Ryu was definetly a much stronger character then Ken in here. Faster and strong projectile game, far more useful Super Special with Shinkuu-Hadouken, in fact one of the best in the game. Putting him as Upper-Tier while Ken was in Middle Tier.

Street Fighter Alpha 1 - (Ken) Ken was arguably one of the best characters in the game, either 2nd or 3rd, only outclassed by the beastly Guy and "maybe" Akuma. Ryu was however, was one of the best in here as, although not as good overall as Ken though.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - (Ken) Ken was a wrecking machine in Alpha2, he can be argued with Chunli as the Best Character in Alpha 2. Level 1 Custom Combo with Ken did stupid damage, and he had the BEST Alpha Counter in the game, with great damage off of a regulars, however his CC's pushed him to the brink of Top Dog. Ryu was very, very, very good in here, just not Ken Good.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - (Ryu) Ryu easily is a far better character then Ken in here, because with V-Ism, Ryu has one of the most powerful gameplay's in Alpha 3, with only a few small openings in the chink of the armor. Ken sadly dropped down to the lower end of the Tier Listing.

Street Fighter II New Generation - (Ken) Ken was better then Ryu in here, 2-Stock Shinryuken was far too beastly, had huge suck power range, and ridiculous damage potential as well as dizzy. Ryu was okay in this version, although he had some 100% damage combos at the corner...but easier said then done though.

Street Fighter III 2nd Impact - (Ryu) Ryu was the 5th best character in 2I. He vastly improved from his NG counterpart, with a much, much faster Shinkuu-Hadouken, 2-Hit Shoryuken, and most deadly of them all, 2-Stock Denjin Hadouken with a bar as small as Ken's SAIII! Ken was almost like his 3S counterpart but slightly weaker, he was only middle-tier.

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - (Ken) Ken obviously is the 3rd best character in 3S, and much better then Ryu in here, due to the fact that Ryu was so powerful in 2I, he had to get nerfed in this version. Ken in here is like a slightly more powerful version of his 2I version, with better cross ups, Kara-Shoryu's and he still had SAIII goodness.

So let's look at the outcome now...

Ryu - 6 Ken - 4 Tied - 1

So look at it here, overall within the original True Series of Street Fighter (Not including Spinoff's like VS, because if we did, Ryu would still overall be the better character regardless) Ryu has been for the most, the overall better character in game wise then Ken has.

Storyline wise and Gameplay Wise Overall, it's been Ryu>>>Ken.

skywalker833
my friends name is ken. lol.

brainchild81
Originally posted by JustFrame
Dark Ryu (Not Evil Ryu, stupid English translations) would utterly destroy Violent Ken with ease.

Dark Ryu would be ridiculously powerful, he would nearly be on par with someone like Gouki (Akuma) in abilities, which would push him well beyond the boundaries of even Violent Ken.

Not to mention, canon-storyline wise, Ryu is a far more powerful character then even Ken. I wouldn't go that far. Ryu's never had an easy time beating Ken. EVER. Considering that Ryu trains AND fights way harder AND way more often, that fact that he doesn't flat out own Ken points to Ken's amazing natural talent. If I was far better than someone, I wouldn't just have a better record against him. I'd have a PERFECT record against him & I wouldn't even consider them a rival. Ryu is said to be = E.Ryu now anyway & he still can't fvck w/Gouki in a real fight. E.Ryu would get speedbeat & impaled by V.Ken. Also, normal versions of these 2 have no bearing on this fight....especially in Ken's case.

JustFrame
I wouldn't go that far. Ryu's never had an easy time beating Ken. EVER. Considering that Ryu trains AND fights way harder AND way more often, that fact that he doesn't flat out own Ken points to Ken's amazing natural talent. If I was far better than someone, I wouldn't just have a better record against him. I'd have a PERFECT record against him & I wouldn't even consider them a rival. Ryu is said to be = E.Ryu now anyway & he still can't fvck w/Gouki in a real fight. E.Ryu would get speedbeat & impaled by V.Ken. Also, normal versions of these 2 have no bearing on this fight....especially in Ken's case.

Umm, NO, maybe you haven't read the canon guide of the Street Fighter Storyline but Ryu is One Tier Higher then Ken.

The only characters considered more powerful then Ryu are Gouki, Gill, Oro, Alpha 3 M. Bison, and Ingrid.

Some are on par with Ryu or else, are under Ryu, such as Ken. E. Ryu would've been almost nearly equivelant to Alpha Gouki, and Alpha Gouki is nowhere near as powerful as the Present Day Gouki mind you.

It makes absolute sense.

Also, let me put this straight, Ryu and Ken have fought, countless, and I mean countless times, period.

Ryu was owning Ken before the events of Street Fighter 1, so Pre-SF1, Ryu was dominating over Ken. Thus the reason why Ken chose to wear a Red Gi.

Secondly, there has been only TWO confirmed Match up's of Ken winning. One was with Ryu being clouded in the mind during Alpha in which Ken won...if you even call that a win that is.

SFII would've been the only time Ken would've fought and beaten Ryu, simply because during SFII, Ken would only marry Eliza if he had beaten Ryu.

By the time SFIII comes around, we know that Ken is married with Eliza and that they have a kid named Mel. So Ken must have beaten Ryu during SFII.

However, look at the whole picture, Ryu beat Ken when they used to train together, and Ryu fought Ken in a match before Street Fighter 1 to prove his skills.

Which Ryu won, and he then entered in the SF1 tournament and defeated Sagat.

However, there fights between SFA-SF2 only have two matches between them. Ryu however defeats Ken not within the SFIII tournament but within a match up that they have by themselves, in which Ryu wins.

To say that Ken is naturally talented although he doesn't train as much is completely false.

Ken trained just as much as Ryu back in the day, however Ryu was just a better fighter then Ken was.

There is, or should not be any debate upon this. Ryu is the more dedicated and stronger individual, he even channels his ki-energy on a level that Ken could only dream of.

Not to mention if Ken was as "gifted" as you claim, then why is it, that during Alpha 3, Bison wanted only Ryu's body, simply because it was the perfect host to contain his Psycho Power.

Or why is it that Gouki only wants to confront Ryu in the ultimate match up. Why don't we throw in the fact that Ryu has inspired a whole new generation of fighters, such as Alex, Sakura, and Makoto who all know him from his status and his abilities.

More water to add, Oro chose Ryu as his pupil, because Oro saw that Ryu was the only one with potential to learn under him.

Again, how can this be argued, clearly in the storyline, Ryu is the stronger individual over Ken. The reason why Ken does well against Ryu in bouts is simply because Ken and Ryu have been training since childhood.

Simply because Ken can fight well against Ryu, doesn't mean he'll be able to contend with someone like Sagat. No offense to Ken, but if he had fought Sagat, he would've gotten destroyed.

Lastly, it's Dark Ryu, not Evil Ryu, Capcom has even stated that it was the American Translations, simply because when Ryu goes into Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu, he is not Evil whatsoever, or possessed by some devil or whatever.

That is absolutely not True, Dark Ryu is simply Ryu utilizing the full potential of Ansatsuken, because Ryu and Ken where trained with a toned down version of Ansatsuken, or the non-killing version.

Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu would be fully unleashed, and No, Violent Ken would absolutely lose to Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu.

Just think, a Shungokusatsu from Dark Ryu would send V. Ken to oblivion.

ThoraxeRMG
So you're saying Violent Ken would stay still and let himself get Shungokusatsu'ed? Ha.

JustFrame
So you're saying Violent Ken would stay still and let himself get Shungokusatsu'ed? Ha.

Umm, even the Best of the Best have been caught by the Shungokusatsu...to name a few...

M. Bison, Gill, and Gen have all been struck by the Shungokusatsu.

Bison died, Gill was lucky he had ressurection otherwise he would be dead, Gen completely emptied his body, and mind becoming nothing, thus the Shungokusatsu did not work.

Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu can easily land it on V. Ken, it is one of the most deadly moves in the SF World...so how in the world would it be stated as such, was forbidden from Ryu and Ken's master to teach to them, if you couldn't land it on opponents.

Violent Ken is Absolutely No different then Psycho Ryu, both where controlled by Bison.

You also forget one huge thing, Violent Ken does not recieve super high lvls of abilities like Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu does.

One has to remember, that Violent Ken was portrayed by SNK off of the Ken that was brainwashed by Bison in the SFII:AM.

Violent Ken is only slightly more powerful then his original Ken form, with the purple flames instead of red flames.

However, Ryu from Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu sky rockets to the sky having the ability to Ashura Warp as well as having the Shungokusatsu as well.

There is a difference between the power gauges and abilities of the two.

Dark Ryu>>>>V. Ken

peejayd
Dark Ryu

* it was known in Japan as Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu which means "the surge of murderous intent awakened in Ryu"... so, to cut it short, it should be Murderous Ryu, laughing what a terrible name...

(Not Evil Ryu, stupid English translations) would utterly destroy Violent Ken with ease.

* with ease? are you serious? if - and only if - Violent Ken cannot defeat Evil Ryu, he would give him one hell of a fight...

Not to mention, canon-storyline wise, Ryu is a far more powerful character then even Ken.

Throughout their entire time of training, Ken was never as good as Ryu, thus the reason why Ken started to wear his Red Gi, so he could stand out from Ryu.

* very wrong... in actuality, if you read between the "storylines", Ken has a lot more potential than Ryu to be the most powerful... Ryu was traveling all over the world, training himself... but once Ken's spirit was rekindled, Ken can even with Ryu in lesser time possible...

The only times that Ken ever won against a match up with Ryu was during Alpha when Ryu was clouded by the Dark-Hadou and confused, thus he wasn't mentally into his matchup with Ken and lost.

* because Ryu is very stubborn to accept defeat from Sagat... it was the time Ryu was first seduced by the Dark Hadou... and at that point, Ken punches Evil Ryu in the gut and your hero collapses...

The other time was most likely in SFII where Ken would've won, however outside of those two matchup's, Ryu has been the victor as stated by his comments "I have the better win record" to Ken in SFIII.

* and he can do it again... which means, Ryu and Ken can defeat each other... it is illogical to say that one can beat the other "with ease"...

Ken is not as powerful as Ryu, fighting ability wise, or Ki-Channeling wise, especially that, considering Ken has been stated to not focus so much upon ki-channeling, and more upong being flashy.

* qualify the word "powerful"... Ken is slightly quicker than Ryu, so it would be easier for Ken to chain consecutive attacks and deal heavy damage and mulitple hits... Ryu is slightly stronger than Ken, and that's his advantage... and i can say that both have equal level of fighting ability... ki-channeling? have you watched SF IIV? both of them can gather tremendous amounts of energy, Ken can gather his quicker than Ryu...

Violent Ken would lose out to Ryu, I'm sorry.

* Violent Ken would kill Ryu... and it is safer to say that Violent Ken and Evil Ryu are somewhat equal... but Violent Ken is quicker so you do the math...

In Game Wise, Ryu has overall been the better character...here let me list to all of you...

Ryu - 6 Ken - 4 Tied - 1

So look at it here, overall within the original True Series of Street Fighter (Not including Spinoff's like VS, because if we did, Ryu would still overall be the better character regardless) Ryu has been for the most, the overall better character in game wise then Ken has.

Storyline wise and Gameplay Wise Overall, it's been Ryu>>>Ken.

* if it's gameplay-wise... it depends on how good the player is...

Umm, NO, maybe you haven't read the canon guide of the Street Fighter Storyline but Ryu is One Tier Higher then Ken.

* which is very unreasonable...

Also, let me put this straight, Ryu and Ken have fought, countless, and I mean countless times, period.

* yeah, read between the "storylines"... they can beat each other...

Ryu was owning Ken before the events of Street Fighter 1, so Pre-SF1, Ryu was dominating over Ken. Thus the reason why Ken chose to wear a Red Gi.

* for the record, Ken did not choose his red clothing for him to stand out... it was Capcom, wink

Secondly, there has been only TWO confirmed Match up's of Ken winning. One was with Ryu being clouded in the mind during Alpha in which Ken won...if you even call that a win that is.

* you may not call it a "win", but the bottomline is still - Ryu lost... and Ryu is stupid enough to remind himself of that loss over and over again because of the red headband he still wears... laughing

SFII would've been the only time Ken would've fought and beaten Ryu, simply because during SFII, Ken would only marry Eliza if he had beaten Ryu.

By the time SFIII comes around, we know that Ken is married with Eliza and that they have a kid named Mel. So Ken must have beaten Ryu during SFII.

* which proves that Ken can really defeat Ryu... no if's and no but's...

However, look at the whole picture, Ryu beat Ken when they used to train together,

* illogical...

and Ryu fought Ken in a match before Street Fighter 1 to prove his skills.

Which Ryu won, and he then entered in the SF1 tournament and defeated Sagat.

* and you have the guts to call a cheapshot, a "win"? Sagat is the real winner in that fight, buddy...

To say that Ken is naturally talented although he doesn't train as much is completely false.

Ken trained just as much as Ryu back in the day, however Ryu was just a better fighter then Ken was.

There is, or should not be any debate upon this. Ryu is the more dedicated and stronger individual, he even channels his ki-energy on a level that Ken could only dream of.

Not to mention if Ken was as "gifted" as you claim, then why is it, that during Alpha 3, Bison wanted only Ryu's body, simply because it was the perfect host to contain his Psycho Power.

* Ryu trains his whole life... when Ken's spirit was rekindled, he immediately became Ryu's equal... that's potential...

Or why is it that Gouki only wants to confront Ryu in the ultimate match up.

* because it was Ryu who was being seduced by the Dark Hadou...

Why don't we throw in the fact that Ryu has inspired a whole new generation of fighters, such as Alex, Sakura, and Makoto who all know him from his status and his abilities.

* because he's the one traveling around the world... Ken is more famous in USA anyway because he was the champion there...

More water to add, Oro chose Ryu as his pupil, because Oro saw that Ryu was the only one with potential to learn under him.

* because Ryu's thick head only has "train", "fight" and "win"... Ken has a family, a business and still has room for martial arts...

Again, how can this be argued, clearly in the storyline, Ryu is the stronger individual over Ken.

* which is wrong... they should be treated as equals... Ryu's main edge is because he is the lead protagonist of the story...

peejayd
The reason why Ken does well against Ryu in bouts is simply because Ken and Ryu have been training since childhood.

* and Ken always loses to Ryu in their childhood training? what kind of rival is that? very illogical... Ryu can defeat Ken and Ken can defeat Ryu...

* actually, it was Ryu who benefitted more in his training with Ken, why? looky here what Ryu learned from Ken:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3157/kenryuzx8.jpg

* what Ken learned from Ryu? to slow down his manic style and to rein in his exuberant flash when necessary...

* what Ryu learned from Ken? to look beyond the strict teachings they had learned and build upon them by exerting his creativity...

* who benefitted more? you do the math...

Simply because Ken can fight well against Ryu, doesn't mean he'll be able to contend with someone like Sagat. No offense to Ken, but if he had fought Sagat, he would've gotten destroyed.

* no offense taken, because Sagat destroyed Ryu, Sagat won the fight... Ryu refuses to accept his defeat, Dark Hadou entered and Ryu cheapshot Sagat with a Metsu Shoryuken... you call that a "win"?

Lastly, it's Dark Ryu, not Evil Ryu, Capcom has even stated that it was the American Translations, simply because when Ryu goes into Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu, he is not Evil whatsoever, or possessed by some devil or whatever.

That is absolutely not True, Dark Ryu is simply Ryu utilizing the full potential of Ansatsuken, because Ryu and Ken where trained with a toned down version of Ansatsuken, or the non-killing version.

Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu would be fully unleashed, and No, Violent Ken would absolutely lose to Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu.

* it's Murderous Ryu...

Just think, a Shungokusatsu from Dark Ryu would send V. Ken to oblivion.

* not if Ken executes Kuzuryuu Reppa - Shinbu Messatsu combo first... take note, Ken is quicker...

Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu can easily land it on V. Ken, it is one of the most deadly moves in the SF World...so how in the world would it be stated as such, was forbidden from Ryu and Ken's master to teach to them, if you couldn't land it on opponents.

* it's a very difficult move to master... it's not like you can do it everytime you wish... and Violent Ken is quicker than Evil Ryu...

Violent Ken is Absolutely No different then Psycho Ryu, both where controlled by Bison.

You also forget one huge thing, Violent Ken does not recieve super high lvls of abilities like Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu does.

One has to remember, that Violent Ken was portrayed by SNK off of the Ken that was brainwashed by Bison in the SFII:AM.

Violent Ken is only slightly more powerful then his original Ken form, with the purple flames instead of red flames.

* maybe, but don't deny the fact you see in the game... Violent Ken can equal Evil Ryu and Gouki...

However, Ryu from Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu sky rockets to the sky having the ability to Ashura Warp as well as having the Shungokusatsu as well.

* Rasetsu Kyaku can par with Ashura Senkuu anytime... so as Shinbu Messatsu with Shungoku Satsu...

There is a difference between the power gauges and abilities of the two.

Dark Ryu>>>>V. Ken

* for me, if the fight is a brief scuffle, it's Violent Ken >>> Evil Ryu...

* if the fight would last long, it's Violent Ken < Evil Ryu... wink

brainchild81
Ryu's great, but if you count his cheapshot as a W(I like him, but I consider that an L), then you MUST also count Ken's win as a Super W since Ken never cheats. Anything he can't do w/out cheating just won't get done.

JustFrame
* it was known in Japan as Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu which means "the surge of murderous intent awakened in Ryu"... so, to cut it short, it should be Murderous Ryu, laughing what a terrible name...

Capcom stated "Dark Ryu", so take it as you will, confirmation from Capcom ='s Final, unless they decide to change things.

* with ease? are you serious? if - and only if - Violent Ken cannot defeat Evil Ryu, he would give him one hell of a fight...

Violent Ken is absolutely almost no difference then Psycho Ryu from Alpha. However, Violent Ken isn't even Canon in the first place, however even so, he is not on par with Dark Ryu. One is controlled and a mere puppet, while the other has Ansatsuken At Full Release, take your pick.

* very wrong... in actuality, if you read between the "storylines", Ken has a lot more potential than Ryu to be the most powerful... Ryu was traveling all over the world, training himself... but once Ken's spirit was rekindled, Ken can even with Ryu in lesser time possible...

Umm, no, it has been stated very, very clearly within the canon guide itself that Ryu has been the better fighter since they both started under Gouken. Ken would have had the SAME level of training as Ryu would have had under these circumstances.

Yet look at the results, Ken ultimately changed into his red gi to stand out from Ryu, simply because Ryu was the Better student.

You can try to argue this all you want, but Natural Talent is a bunch of garbage, considering the majority of the Super Elites only ever talk about Ryu, and not about Ken.

If Ken "had" natural talent over Ryu, why didn't he get chased down by Bison? Why didn't he get honored by Oro to have him train for him? Why doesn't he have the destined battle with Gouki?

FACT is simple, Ryu is better, which is why he's recognized.

* because Ryu is very stubborn to accept defeat from Sagat... it was the time Ryu was first seduced by the Dark Hadou... and at that point, Ken punches Evil Ryu in the gut and your hero collapses...

Your throwing me off here, are you saying that Ryu was seduced by the Dark Hadou and then after that, Ken strikes him knocking him down? Umm...are you talking about the Actual Street Fighter Canon Guide or the Alpha Movie?

I'm seriously confused here...however, let me tell you the real storyline then...

Ryu was losing to Sagat during Street Fighter 1, in fact, Sagat had the upper hand. Sagat was giving out a hand to pick Ryu up, however Ryu not wanting to lose and thirsting to achieve total victory unleashed the full fury of Satsu-No-Hadou on Sagat with a Metsu-Shoryuken that struck Sagat to the ground.

Making Ryu become the very first Champion of the Street Fighter Tournament.

Ken was Absolutely no where near Ryu at this time, or even the same continent for that matter. Ken had entered in a US Karate Tournament and beasting people over there.

Oh yeah, Before SF1, Ken fought Ryu and guess who won? Yep, Ryu.

* and he can do it again... which means, Ryu and Ken can defeat each other... it is illogical to say that one can beat the other "with ease"...

The only confirmed match up of Ken winning is within Alpha, when Ryu was clouded in the mind and not within the fight...so if you consider that a "true win" then I guess so.

However, the only other one, which isn't confirmed, but the most plausible is when Ken would defeat Ryu in SFII, that would've been the only way he would've married Eliza then.

So now, let's look at the whole picture here...through out the entire rivalry of Ryu vs Ken, there has been only Two Matchups that Ken can say he won.

Two...out of how many matchups they had? Ryu is the better fighter here, and if you actually look at it. Only ONE match up between the two is where Ken would've fought a completely focused Ryu and won.

Wow...you call that fairly equal? There's a reason why Ryu is a Whole Tier Above Ken.

* qualify the word "powerful"... Ken is slightly quicker than Ryu, so it would be easier for Ken to chain consecutive attacks and deal heavy damage and mulitple hits... Ryu is slightly stronger than Ken, and that's his advantage... and i can say that both have equal level of fighting ability... ki-channeling? have you watched SF IIV? both of them can gather tremendous amounts of energy, Ken can gather his quicker than Ryu...

Umm...your getting illogical now, first of all, ONLY within the Street Fighter Games, is Ken slightly faster then Ryu. However, Storyline Wise, they are about equal in speed, and there has been absolute ZERO confirmation by Capcom saying who's the faster Shoto. So your statement there is completely false.

Lastly, if you want to talk about "in-games" read my post from the last page, I clearly showed who was the better character overall in game throughout all of the SF games, if you want a quick breakdown,

6 Times Ryu was the better character within the SF games, only 4 times Ken was the better character within the SF games...Case Closed.

As for Ki-Channeling, lol...you must be joking me, SFIIV????eek!

Considering SFIIV is not part of the actual true storyline of SF, so I'll emphasize this again, the ONLY canon parts from the SF storyline are from the games themselves, unless stated otherwise by Capcom, period.

NONE of the animes are Canon, NONE of the Comics are Canon, get your facts straight.

Ryu's Ki-Channeling is head's and heel's above Ken, and if you really want to get a notion of this. Sakura was channeling her Ki energy as good as Ken during Alpha.

So no...Ryu's Ki>>>>>>>>Ken's Ki.

Why do you think Ryu has more powerful Hadouken's? Why do you think Ryu has different form's of Super Hadouken's, like Shinkuu-Hadouken, and Denjin-Hadouken...while Ken has ZERO form's of a more powerful Hadouken.

I rest myself here.

* Violent Ken would kill Ryu... and it is safer to say that Violent Ken and Evil Ryu are somewhat equal... but Violent Ken is quicker so you do the math...

They are absolutely not equal, considering Violent Ken has been stated to be a form of the same Psycho Ken that was controlled by Bison in the SFII:AM.

Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu is Ryu unleashing the full fury of Ansatsuken, which means he unleashes his full power.

Violent Ken would absolutely not stand a chance in this match up, a Full Ansatsuken character up against a Mind Controlled not full powered character?

Please man, don't try to think that Violent Ken is as "powerful" as the full power of Ansatsuken. Dark Ryu is almost on par with Ryu, and has been stated to be about as powerful as Gouki was in Alpha.

Violent Ken is nowhere near that lvl of manliness.

* if it's gameplay-wise... it depends on how good the player is...

Please do not argue with me on this, I used to play tournament's for Street Fighter since 1991 onward only to quit 2 years ago.

A good player can only go so far, that's why you don't see Sean or Necro winning SFIII tournaments, that's why you don't see Cammy or T. Hawk winning Super Turbo tournaments?

Why, because they are in-game wise, horrible characters and extremely difficult to use and achieve victories with.

Ryu overall has been the better character, you talk to ANY top player in Hyper Fighting and pit a Great Ryu vs a Great Ken, and you'll see how much more difficult it is to win with Ken against Ryu.

Let me show a small example...

Ryu beats out Ken on zoning, simply because Ryu has the better Hadouken with better recovery, this means, Ryu will outpace Ken, and force him to come at Ryu.

Ken walks almost 1 second faster then Ryu, however this isn't a distinct advantage considering both characters have the same poking range, however Ryu has the better zoning range anyhow.

Ryu has the 1-Frame Inv. Start Up Hurricane Kick, this means if Ken throws a Hadouken even outside sweep range, Ryu can fly right through it and punish Ken for it.

Resulting in a knockdown and giving Ryu the initiative.

Case and point, two players of equal skill, the Ryu player will have the distinct advantage, because in-game wise, Ryu is the better character.

Much like how in SFIII: 3S, Ken is the better character then Ryu, simply because Ken has better hit-confirms into his SAIII, while Ryu does not have the same luxury.

End of Story.

JustFrame
* which is very unreasonable...

Considering it has been confirmed by Capcom that Ryu was the better Fighter then Ken even when they first started training. Considering it has been confirmed by Capcom that the reason why Ken wore a Red Gi, was so that he could stand out from Ryu, because Ryu was the better fighter.

Your the one who's unreasonable, or should I say, lacks knowledge of the true canon storyline of SF.

* yeah, read between the "storylines"... they can beat each other...

They "can" beat one another, however over the countless match up's that they have had. Ryu has the far better win record, Ken has only won two confirmed match ups, while the rest, it's been Ryu. Not to mention Ryu is recognized by the super elites in the SF world as having the talent and the potential.

Good grief man, you've just got Ken Fanboyism running in your head now.

* for the record, Ken did not choose his red clothing for him to stand out... it was Capcom, wink

Riight...considering Capcom themselves announced that Ken put on the red gi to stand out from Ryu, because Ken was not as good as Ryu when they where training and sparring one another.

So for the record...you are wrong.

* you may not call it a "win", but the bottomline is still - Ryu lost... and Ryu is stupid enough to remind himself of that loss over and over again because of the red headband he still wears... laughing

Lol, is this a troll comment or a flame bait comment or what?

Ryu does not hang over his losses, in fact, he only improves from his losses.

Look at where Ryu is at within SFA to where he is now in SFIII, ONLY FOUR confirmed characters are more powerful then Ryu in the SF World. Ken is definetly not one of them.

Ryu may have lost, but I can't even count the amount of times Ryu defeated Ken over their entire years as rivals.

* which proves that Ken can really defeat Ryu... no if's and no but's...

Remember this, it has yet to be confirmed that match up, and even if it is true. That's only still...TWO CONFIRMED match ups that Ken would have won.

While Ryu Pawned Ken Pre-SF1, right before SF1, and continued the whuppin within SFIII.

Case and Point...Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken.

* illogical...

Yeah...when it's confirmed by Capcom themselves...I guess it's "illogical" right? I guess in your eyes, Capcom confirming Ryu>Ken Pre-SF1 is false, however to the rest of the sane minded people it's the truth.

* and you have the guts to call a cheapshot, a "win"? Sagat is the real winner in that fight, buddy...

Sagat was indeed the better fighter there, so I do agree with you "in a sense", however Capcom has it as a confirmed win. Much like your yay jumps of how Ken defeated a cloud minded Ryu who wasn't into the fight they where in.

* Ryu trains his whole life... when Ken's spirit was rekindled, he immediately became Ryu's equal... that's potential...

FALSE, and seriously, the Ken fanboy in you has to stop now, Ken was training as much as Ryu has throughout his entire lifetime, however unlike Ryu, Ken was never as good as Ryu from the very start when they first entered under Gouken's tutelage.

So saying that Ken is Ryu's equal when how can that be, considering Ken is ranked a whole tier under Ryu in the Tier Listing from the Canon Storyline.

That pretty much tells you and me, who's the better fighter.

* because it was Ryu who was being seduced by the Dark Hadou...

Ryu has always had more potential then Ken, sorry to say, but Bison wanted to take over Ryu's body, NOT Ken. Oro wants to and is training Ryu because he's the one with potential, NOT Ken.

* because he's the one traveling around the world... Ken is more famous in USA anyway because he was the champion there...

That's the reason why he's so vastly better and a far greater fighter then Ken. If Ken had fought Sagat instead of Ryu, Ken would've gotten destroyed.

Ryu is a more gifted fighter, Ryu has far more experience, in fact it has been confirmed by Capcom that Ryu has fought around 10,000 opponents within his life time by the time SFIII is around.

Ryu>Ken, not only more talent, but is also more dedicated.

* because Ryu's thick head only has "train", "fight" and "win"... Ken has a family, a business and still has room for martial arts...

Ken barely has time for martial arts now, and he can ONLY enter tournaments that has Ryu entering in them. Yet surprisingly Ken has only won Two Times against Ryu ever.

So what are you trying to emphasize, because all that your saying is Ryu is a True Street Fighter, while Ken is not.

* which is wrong... they should be treated as equals... Ryu's main edge is because he is the lead protagonist of the story...

I'll tell you this, Ryu is the Poster Boy for Street Fighter, that's a given...but the main character throughout the storyline of Street Fighter?

LOL

You've got to be joking me man, the ONLY time Ryu was the main character was during Street Fighter 1. However during Street Fighter Alpha it was more centered around Ryu, Guile, Chunli, Charlie and Bison overall, then in SFII, it was about Guile and Chunli.

Considering Guile most likely won SFII, and then in SFIII, Alex is the Main Character, NOT Ryu.

Obviously you've never read the canon guide, and before you come back to debate again, please do so first.

I hate having to tell you how wrong you are on everything you've stated. Not to mention I don't want to have to repeat myself again.

peejayd
* i'm very disappointed on how you became too touchy regarding the matter... i'm inserting some icebreakers in my posts, i may be "picking" on Ryu, but i'm not picking on you... you're just exposing your immaturity...

Capcom stated "Dark Ryu", so take it as you will, confirmation from Capcom ='s Final, unless they decide to change things.

* so tell me, is "Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu" right or wrong?

Violent Ken is absolutely almost no difference then Psycho Ryu from Alpha. However, Violent Ken isn't even Canon in the first place,

* oh, didn't you know? Evil Ryu isn't canon as well... Ryu rejected the Dark Hadou... Evil Ryu was only an alternate reality if Ryu accepted the Dark Hadou...

however even so, he is not on par with Dark Ryu. One is controlled and a mere puppet, while the other has Ansatsuken At Full Release, take your pick.

* that "mere puppet" kicked Ryu's a$$ as far as i remember... Ryu is not fighting back, true, but you can see that he is trying to block Ken's attacks... Ken had broken Ryu's defense... a bloodlusted Ken is too much for Ryu to handle, what more if Ken had the Dark Hadou? just think out of the box one time...

Umm, no, it has been stated very, very clearly within the canon guide itself that Ryu has been the better fighter since they both started under Gouken. Ken would have had the SAME level of training as Ryu would have had under these circumstances.

* Capcom stated this, Capcom stated that... blah, blah, blah... however canon that may be, i'm thinking out of the box...

Yet look at the results, Ken ultimately changed into his red gi to stand out from Ryu, simply because Ryu was the Better student.

* why not argue about the scan i posted? you know, you remind me of Ryu in some ways... so like Ken, i will try to say this to you: "look beyond the strict teachings of Capcom and think out of the box" laughing

You can try to argue this all you want, but Natural Talent is a bunch of garbage,

* eek! it's like Ryu traveling all over the world to find a diamond... and Ken does not know he has it with him all time...

considering the majority of the Super Elites only ever talk about Ryu, and not about Ken.

* yeah... so? laughing

If Ken "had" natural talent over Ryu,

* which is garbage...

why didn't he get chased down by Bison?

* why didn't Bison chase down Gouki? because Bison knows Ryu is someone being seduced by Dark Hadou that he (Bison) can control or overpower...

Why didn't he get honored by Oro to have him train for him?

* because Oro knows Ryu has a potential to be more powerful than he already is, happy? why not Ken? Ken is not that type of guy anymore since he started a family with Eliza...

Why doesn't he have the destined battle with Gouki?

* yeah, he doesn't... but he at first plans to avenge his master's death... he was sidetracked by other things, his family and his business...

FACT is simple, Ryu is better, which is why he's recognized.

* fact, Ryu travels around the world, Ken did not... again, what if Ken traveled around the world too? Ken would also be as recognized as Ryu...

Your throwing me off here, are you saying that Ryu was seduced by the Dark Hadou and then after that, Ken strikes him knocking him down? Umm...are you talking about the Actual Street Fighter Canon Guide or the Alpha Movie?

* both... when Ryu was seduced by Dark Hadou, he cheapshot Sagat with a Metsu Shoryuken... in that state (Ryu being seduced by Dark Hadou), he was punched in the gut and he collapses...

* also in that movie, Ryu entrusted and instructed Ken to kill him if need be... now, that statement would be very irrelevant and absurd if they both know that Ken cannot ever defeat Ryu...

I'm seriously confused here...however, let me tell you the real storyline then...

Ryu was losing to Sagat during Street Fighter 1, in fact, Sagat had the upper hand. Sagat was giving out a hand to pick Ryu up, however Ryu not wanting to lose and thirsting to achieve total victory unleashed the full fury of Satsu-No-Hadou on Sagat with a Metsu-Shoryuken that struck Sagat to the ground.

* which is a very clear cheap victory...

Making Ryu become the very first Champion of the Street Fighter Tournament.

Ken was Absolutely no where near Ryu at this time, or even the same continent for that matter.

* at that point? that's my point earlier... Ryu being seduced by Dark Hadou (like in his battle with Sagat) is as good as Ryu being punched by Ken in the gut and Ryu collapses...

Ken had entered in a US Karate Tournament and beasting people over there.

* yeah... but there are also good fighters in US martial arts tournament...

Oh yeah, Before SF1, Ken fought Ryu and guess who won? Yep, Ryu.

* before SF1, it was training days with Gouken... they can defeat each other... what the heck are you saying?

The only confirmed match up of Ken winning is within Alpha, when Ryu was clouded in the mind and not within the fight...so if you consider that a "true win" then I guess so.

* Ryu "won" over Sagat because of a cheapshot... Ken won fairly over Ryu eventhough Ryu's mind was messed up... Ken did not cheat to win, Ryu did...

However, the only other one, which isn't confirmed, but the most plausible is when Ken would defeat Ryu in SFII, that would've been the only way he would've married Eliza then.

So now, let's look at the whole picture here...through out the entire rivalry of Ryu vs Ken, there has been only Two Matchups that Ken can say he won.

Two...out of how many matchups they had? Ryu is the better fighter here, and if you actually look at it. Only ONE match up between the two is where Ken would've fought a completely focused Ryu and won.

* and how many match-ups did you consider? it is very stupid to believe that all years Ryu and Ken spent with each other, Ken had not defeated Ryu save the two match-ups you stated above... if that is so, Ken should not be a rival nor a sparring partner, he should be stated as a jobber or a punching bag...

Wow...you call that fairly equal? There's a reason why Ryu is a Whole Tier Above Ken.

* which is very reasonable... no expression

Umm...your getting illogical now, first of all, ONLY within the Street Fighter Games, is Ken slightly faster then Ryu. However, Storyline Wise, they are about equal in speed, and there has been absolute ZERO confirmation by Capcom saying who's the faster Shoto. So your statement there is completely false.

* ah... so if they are equal, don't say Ryu is better... you are contradicting your own statement...

Lastly, if you want to talk about "in-games" read my post from the last page, I clearly showed who was the better character overall in game throughout all of the SF games, if you want a quick breakdown,

6 Times Ryu was the better character within the SF games, only 4 times Ken was the better character within the SF games...Case Closed.

* that's your assessment... everybody has different opinions... but even those breakdowns are preposterous...

* i can say that Ryu is easier to use than Ken... because you can pressure your opponent more with quick consecutive Hadoukens using Ryu than Ken... ranged attacks (Hadouken) are always a big advantage than melee attacks (Shoryuken)...

* a character "easier to use" does not mean that character is better or stronger... Spider-man is easy to use but that does not mean he is more powerful than Magneto or Juggernaut...

peejayd
As for Ki-Channeling, lol...you must be joking me, SFIIV????eek!

Considering SFIIV is not part of the actual true storyline of SF, so I'll emphasize this again, the ONLY canon parts from the SF storyline are from the games themselves, unless stated otherwise by Capcom, period.

* that's the reason you're so closed-minded...

Ryu's Ki-Channeling is head's and heel's above Ken,

* both of them can gather tremendous amounts of energy... that's why Ken was able to develop this energy to manifest as fire...

and if you really want to get a notion of this. Sakura was channeling her Ki energy as good as Ken during Alpha.

* in Alpha 1, Ken and Ryu's Hadouken are identical... in Alpha 2 and 3, Ryu's Hadouken remained, while Ken's was now patterned to his Hadouken in SF 2 Turbo...

* Sakura was nowhere near Ken in ki-channeling, don't make Ryu a god...

So no...Ryu's Ki>>>>>>>>Ken's Ki.

* absurd...

Why do you think Ryu has more powerful Hadouken's? Why do you think Ryu has different form's of Super Hadouken's, like Shinkuu-Hadouken, and Denjin-Hadouken...while Ken has ZERO form's of a more powerful Hadouken.

I rest myself here.

* is Hadouken the only attack that uses energy? Shoryuken also uses energy... Ken concentrates on his style, his speed and his exuberant flash... that's why he focuses on Shoryuken...

* tell me, how did Ken and Ryu defeat Bison in the animated movie? is it a double Hadouken or double Shinkuu-Hadouken?

Dark Ryu is almost on par with Ryu, and has been stated to be about as powerful as Gouki was in Alpha.

* are you talking about the game or the story? because Evil Ryu is just an alternate reality...

Violent Ken is nowhere near that lvl of manliness.

* level of manliness? Ken has a gorgeous wife and still goes out in a date with Morrigan, if you know what i mean... Ryu is pretty gay in that level, laughing

Please do not argue with me on this, I used to play tournament's for Street Fighter since 1991 onward only to quit 2 years ago.

* you think you're talking to someone who does not play Street Fighter? you can't even give appropriate statements... let me remind you:

* Ryu is easier to use than Ken... because you can pressure your opponent more with quick consecutive Hadoukens using Ryu than Ken... ranged attacks (Hadouken) are always a big advantage than melee attacks (Shoryuken)...

* a character "easier to use" does not mean that character is better or stronger... Spider-man is easy to use but that does not mean he is more powerful than Magneto or Juggernaut...

A good player can only go so far, that's why you don't see Sean or Necro winning SFIII tournaments, that's why you don't see Cammy or T. Hawk winning Super Turbo tournaments?

Why, because they are in-game wise, horrible characters and extremely difficult to use and achieve victories with.

* from what prehistoric era have you came from? i know excellent players that can kick the crap out of any Ryu player even by using Cammy or T.Hawk or even Dan, Sean, Karin, Necro or Twelve...

* that's the reason my conclusion is --- it depends how good the player is...

Ryu overall has been the better character, you talk to ANY top player in Hyper Fighting and pit a Great Ryu vs a Great Ken, and you'll see how much more difficult it is to win with Ken against Ryu.

* i'm sorry, you're watching a bunch of dumb players...

if Ken throws a Hadouken even outside sweep range, Ryu can fly right through it and punish Ken for it.

* as if Ken wasn't capable of doing it... heck, even Dan can punish Ryu if you made a mistake like that...

Considering it has been confirmed by Capcom that Ryu was the better Fighter then Ken even when they first started training. Considering it has been confirmed by Capcom that the reason why Ken wore a Red Gi, was so that he could stand out from Ryu, because Ryu was the better fighter.

* get over the "costume"-thing, will ya? sick

Your the one who's unreasonable, or should I say, lacks knowledge of the true canon storyline of SF.

* very immature... i'm saying that the "concept of making Ryu one tier higher than Ken" is very unreasonable... i'm not saying "you" are unreasonable... but judging by your posts, it seems like you're proving it...

They "can" beat one another,

* if they are capable of beating each other, what's the fuzz? stop treating Ryu as a god, for goodness' sake...

however over the countless match up's that they have had. Ryu has the far better win record, Ken has only won two confirmed match ups, while the rest, it's been Ryu. Not to mention Ryu is recognized by the super elites in the SF world as having the talent and the potential.

* wah, wah, wah... the more you whine, the more illogical you get...

Good grief man, you've just got Ken Fanboyism running in your head now.

* nope... but you know what? i just exposed your true color: RYU FANBOY! laughing

Riight...considering Capcom themselves announced that Ken put on the red gi to stand out from Ryu, because Ken was not as good as Ryu when they where training and sparring one another.

So for the record...you are wrong.

* nope... you don't just get it, do ya? the red outfit was trademarked to Ken not to stand out from Ryu, but to stand out from everybody else and to reflect Ken's flashy style of fighting... and you've just been pawned, Ryu-fanboy... wink

peejayd
Lol, is this a troll comment or a flame bait comment or what?

* an icebreaker for a touchy fella like you... don't get too personal, just an advise...

Look at where Ryu is at within SFA to where he is now in SFIII, ONLY FOUR confirmed characters are more powerful then Ryu in the SF World. Ken is definetly not one of them.

* i'm arguing the fact that Ken can equal Ryu and Violent Ken can equal Evil Ryu... that as rivals, they can beat each other... don't get it over the edge...

Ryu may have lost, but I can't even count the amount of times Ryu defeated Ken over their entire years as rivals.

* ask yourself, can you consider a person your rival if you know he cannot defeat you?

Yeah...when it's confirmed by Capcom themselves...I guess it's "illogical" right? I guess in your eyes, Capcom confirming Ryu>Ken Pre-SF1 is false, however to the rest of the sane minded people it's the truth.

* Capcom stated that Ken is Ryu's eternal rival... not even Gouki, Bison or Oro is... is it insane to believe that now?

Sagat was indeed the better fighter there, so I do agree with you "in a sense", however Capcom has it as a confirmed win. Much like your yay jumps of how Ken defeated a cloud minded Ryu who wasn't into the fight they where in.

* look at how you twist the argument... you first boasted Ryu's win over Sagat, but do not consider Ken's win over Ryu because Ryu's mind was clouded... i rebutted how can you consider a cheapshot, a win?

Ken was never as good as Ryu from the very start when they first entered under Gouken's tutelage.

* of course, because was a spoiled rich brat at first... later, he became disciplined but still rich and cocky... smile

Ryu has always had more potential then Ken, sorry to say, but Bison wanted to take over Ryu's body, NOT Ken. Oro wants to and is training Ryu because he's the one with potential, NOT Ken.

* of course... who's more recognized?

That's the reason why he's so vastly better and a far greater fighter then Ken. If Ken had fought Sagat instead of Ryu, Ken would've gotten destroyed.

* wasn't Ryu destroyed? if it wasn't for the cheapshot, Ryu is defeated...

Ryu is a more gifted fighter, Ryu has far more experience, in fact it has been confirmed by Capcom that Ryu has fought around 10,000 opponents within his life time by the time SFIII is around.

Ryu>Ken, not only more talent, but is also more dedicated.

* but according to you, natural talent is garbage... okay, Ryu has more garbage than Ken... laughing

Ken barely has time for martial arts now, and he can ONLY enter tournaments that has Ryu entering in them. Yet surprisingly Ken has only won Two Times against Ryu ever.

* yet surprisingly, Ryu lost to someone who barely has time for martial arts... what a pity...

So what are you trying to emphasize, because all that your saying is Ryu is a True Street Fighter, while Ken is not.

* in someway, yes... i'll give that to Ryu...

I'll tell you this, Ryu is the Poster Boy for Street Fighter, that's a given...but the main character throughout the storyline of Street Fighter?

* don't try kick out of it now... it's way too late to put Ryu down on the pedestal you brought him up to...

Obviously you've never read the canon guide, and before you come back to debate again, please do so first.

I hate having to tell you how wrong you are on everything you've stated. Not to mention I don't want to have to repeat myself again.

* debating in this kind of genre aren't supposed to be too serious nor personal... compose yourself and ponder your maturity before coming back to debate... your arguments are either inappropriate or going in circles... you can't even think out of the box... this "talk" should be fun and interesting, just don't be too touchy... wink

brainchild81
They "can" beat one another, however over the countless match up's that they have had. Ryu has the far better win record, Ken has only won two confirmed match ups, while the rest, it's been Ryu. This is lame. You can't say that Ryu has a Far better win record. You don't even know how many times they've fought. Ryu says he's got the better win record. Not the far better one. They may have only fought 5 damn times w/Ryu winning 3 of 'em. You CAN'T say Ryu's record is far better if you don't know that to be true.

JustFrame
Originally posted by peejayd * i'm very disappointed on how you became too touchy regarding the matter... i'm inserting some icebreakers in my posts, i may be "picking" on Ryu, but i'm not picking on you... you're just exposing your immaturity...

My immaturity, right? Honestly, I'll put this out to you plain and simple. I am not the one who "believes" that so and so is true, without reading the actual canon guide of the SF storyline.

The mere fact that you continue to debate with me without real knowledge of the characters shows you own lack of immaturity.

Please, stop trying to derail the topic at hand and keep it real, it's sad when you try to think it's an individual debate, when you have nothing else better to say.

Originally posted by peejayd * so tell me, is "Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu" right or wrong?

It's been Satsu No Hadou for ages now.

Originally posted by peejayd * oh, didn't you know? Evil Ryu isn't canon as well... Ryu rejected the Dark Hadou... Evil Ryu was only an alternate reality if Ryu accepted the Dark Hadou...

Umm, no duh Dark Ryu, NOT E. Ryu wasn't canon, however the fact remain's, Satsu No Hadou Ryu did appear for that split second against Sagat that struck him with the Metsu Shoryuken.

The fact remains is that the character of Dark Ryu was very, very plausible in the Street Fighter Canon and actually existed even if for just a brief moment. Violent Ken never existed period.

There is a vast difference between the two right there, lastly, stop using Evil Ryu. He's not Evil, it's Dark Ryu as stated by Capcom.

Originally posted by peejayd * that "mere puppet" kicked Ryu's a$$ as far as i remember... Ryu is not fighting back, true, but you can see that he is trying to block Ken's attacks... Ken had broken Ryu's defense... a bloodlusted Ken is too much for Ryu to handle, what more if Ken had the Dark Hadou? just think out of the box one time...

Considering Ryu knew that something was wrong with Ken's mind, thus Ryu did not fight back at all. Just watch the Anime again, Ryu does absolutely nothing in retaliation to the brainwashed Ken in the SFII:AM.

Ryu trying to defend? Please, if you really call that a defend, whatsoever, Ryu simply took the punishment because he was hoping that sooner or later Ken would snap out of it.

He was not going to fight a Ken who was not acting like the Real Ken, plain and simple.

Originally posted by peejayd * Capcom stated this, Capcom stated that... blah, blah, blah... however canon that may be, i'm thinking out of the box...

There statements>>>>>>Your opinion, true facts, plain and simple, whatever they say holds 100% water, while whatever you say is nothing but a fan belief of "well this is what I think".

Originally posted by peejayd * why not argue about the scan i posted? you know, you remind me of Ryu in some ways... so like Ken, i will try to say this to you: "look beyond the strict teachings of Capcom and think out of the box" laughing

You cannot "think" outside of a box, simply because the storyline has already been laid out in front of you. Your scan is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, but scans from what? Udon? Sorry to burst your bubble, but those Udon Comics are NOT canon.

SF has a very solid and already straight forward storyline, yes, some parts are left in speculation, but the mere fact of who's better, Ryu or Ken is not left to guess.

It has been clearly stated that Ryu was the better fighter, plain and simple. Go and make up your own "idea's" however, the fact of the real Street Fighter storyline is, Ryu is the better fighter over Ken.

The storyline of the games themselves are what is canon, or else first hand confirmation from Capcom themselves. Don't try to get the "What I think" and "What Capcom says" mixed together.

Originally posted by peejayd * eek! it's like Ryu traveling all over the world to find a diamond... and Ken does not know he has it with him all time...

Ken is a tremendously talented fighter, however, *gasp*, he's just not as talented or as dedicated as Ryu put together, which is why Ken will always be #2 when compared to Ryu, simple answer.

Please stop trying to derail the whole notion, Ken knew since the days that they first learned under Gouken, that Ryu was better.

Originally posted by peejayd * yeah... so? laughing

The more reason why Ryu>Ken.

Originally posted by peejayd * which is garbage...

In your world, it may be garbage, but the fact that although Ken may not be better then Ryu, Ken is still better then nearly 75% of the SF cast says alot.

Originally posted by peejayd * why didn't Bison chase down Gouki? because Bison knows Ryu is someone being seduced by Dark Hadou that he (Bison) can control or overpower...

Bison knows about Ryu, and see's that Ryu is the body that has the potential to contain his Psycho Power. NOT because Ryu is under the notion of Satsu No Hadou, that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact of why Bison wanted to take over Ryu's body.

It was because Ryu's body had the most potential to hold and contain Bison's Psycho Power, which at the time was at it's absolute and most powerful peak.

Originally posted by peejayd * because Oro knows Ryu has a potential to be more powerful than he already is, happy? why not Ken? Ken is not that type of guy anymore since he started a family with Eliza...

Please don't use the "family" excuse, Ryu has more potential, since Day #1. Plain and simple, Ryu is the better fighter, he was recognized more from the beginning of SF, all the way into the latest edition of SF, which is SFIII.

Originally posted by peejayd * yeah, he doesn't... but he at first plans to avenge his master's death... he was sidetracked by other things, his family and his business...

Ken has never, not once ever been better then Ryu, plain and simple.

JustFrame
Originally posted by peejayd * fact, Ryu travels around the world, Ken did not... again, what if Ken traveled around the world too? Ken would also be as recognized as Ryu...

I agree, Ryu travels the world, and is known, however Ken is also known as well, maybe not to the whole degree of Ryu. Yet, this show's you one thing of Ryu's character over Ken, dedication wise, Ryu blows Ken out of the water, however more importantly, that I've stated to you 20394892038209 times, Ryu is more naturally talented then Ken.

Originally posted by peejayd * both... when Ryu was seduced by Dark Hadou, he cheapshot Sagat with a Metsu Shoryuken... in that state (Ryu being seduced by Dark Hadou), he was punched in the gut and he collapses...

Considering Ken was not even present at the time of Ryu and Sagat's match up, completely mutes all credibility to your comment above...please man, read the actual SF canon first.

Originally posted by peejayd * also in that movie, Ryu entrusted and instructed Ken to kill him if need be... now, that statement would be very irrelevant and absurd if they both know that Ken cannot ever defeat Ryu...

Considering

#1. SF:Alpha The Movie was never Canon

#2. Satsu No Hadou Ryu is as powerful as SFIII Ryu ='s Alpha Ken would get completely annihilated by Dark Ryu, remember here, Ken is ranked where he is in the Tier List of the SF World with notion that it is the most present day Ken, meaning SFIII Ken, and SFIII Ken is much more powerful then Alpha Ken.

So if SFIII Ken, which couldn't even beat a SFIII Ryu when they had a match up, how in the world could Alpha Ken, a vastly inferior Ken beat a Satsu No Hadou Ryu which is equivelant to a SFIII Ryu?

That pretty much is self explanitory, HAD Ryu of gone Satsu No Hadou, he would've annihilated Ken, just watch the anime again, only Satsu No Hadou Ryu was able to contend with the Cyborg and the Doctor at the end. Ken got destroyed by the Cyborg...case and point.

However, considering this has nothing to do with the real SF storyline, we'll let it pass.

Originally posted by peejayd * which is a very clear cheap victory...

Ryu's Victory ='s Ken's Victory over Ryu in Alpha, plain and simple, I don't hooray any of them, however that doesn't stop Ryu>>>>Ken though.

Originally posted by peejayd * at that point? that's my point earlier... Ryu being seduced by Dark Hadou (like in his battle with Sagat) is as good as Ryu being punched by Ken in the gut and Ryu collapses...

Ken was not there, he was at a US Karate Tournament, thousands of miles away from the battle of Ryu and Sagat. Also, what's with the Ryu being seduced by the Dark Hadou, he only came into contact with it once.

What the heck are talking about now?

Originally posted by peejayd * yeah... but there are also good fighters in US martial arts tournament...

Your telling me, they had fighters as beastly as Gen, Adon, or Sagat in them???? Please man, don't even try to compare the two. Given Ryu may not have confronted Gen in the tournament, the competition that Ryu had to contend with was leaps and bounds above Ken.

Ken destroyed that Karate Tournament, and this is a Ken who lost to Ryu just right before he left to the SF1 tournament.

Originally posted by peejayd * before SF1, it was training days with Gouken... they can defeat each other... what the heck are you saying?

However, it did not happen as you stated above, Ken was never as good as Ryu Pre-SF1, as I've said to you for the 10th time. Ken was not as good as Ryu, that's why he wore the Red Gi, are you just simply trying to continue arguing for the sake of arguing?

Can you not see the facts, Ken was not as good as Ryu, was not as good of a fighter as Ryu, nor was he as talented, thus he took on the Red Gi, to differentiate himself from Ryu.

Originally posted by peejayd * Ryu "won" over Sagat because of a cheapshot... Ken won fairly over Ryu eventhough Ryu's mind was messed up... Ken did not cheat to win, Ryu did...

Lol, right...fighting someone who's more concerned about them being consumed by Satsu No Hadou and not caring for the fight makes it better then the defeat Sagat took?

Lol, both of them where not better then the other, however, I did give Ken credit for the match up, however it's still only Two Win's, lmao.

Originally posted by peejayd * and how many match-ups did you consider? it is very stupid to believe that all years Ryu and Ken spent with each other, Ken had not defeated Ryu save the two match-ups you stated above... if that is so, Ken should not be a rival nor a sparring partner, he should be stated as a jobber or a punching bag...

First off, Pre-SF1, Ryu was a far better fighter then Ken, it has been confirmed by Capcom, that the reason Ken has the red gi, was that Ken was not on the same league as Ryu.

So the fact is simple, Ryu was putting the stomp on Ken Pre-SF1, and they even fought eachother one last time before SF1 took place, in which Ryu won. Solidifying the fact that Ryu>>>>>>>Ken.

Ken's only real win against Ryu which would have helped prompt him into marrying Eliza would have only taken place during SFII, or at least around that time.

In SFIII, Ryu owned Ken.

So let's just "magically" say that Ken did "infact" win a few more matches then what I posted. It would still be Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken by a huge landslide.

How so, Ken would have been losing so much to the point, that he knew for the fact that he was not on the same level as Ryu. Knowing this, the only way he felt he could stand out when compared to Ryu was to wear a Red Gi.

Remember, it's official by Capcom that Ken was not on the same level as Ryu Pre-SF1. So even if I where to agree with you for just this moment and say that Ken "won" some matches, it wouldn't take away from the fact that Ryu would've won an even more gigantic number of matches against Ken simply with the statements from Capcom.

With the official storyline to back up Ryu...why do you continue to prove something that is not real?

Originally posted by peejayd * which is very reasonable... no expression

I'll tell you this very plainly, and very simply. The reason why Ken can fight reasonably better then other opponents would if they confronted Ryu is the single fact that Ken has fought with Ryu since they where childhood.

So it would make perfect logical sense that Ken would be able to somewhat contend with Ryu better then say if Guile was to fight Ryu. However, let's say if SFIII Ken fought a Sagat within the same present day...there would be no chance in the world that Ken would be able to contend with Sagat as well as Ryu would in the same timeline.

Simply because Ryu is that much stronger, and better.

Originally posted by peejayd * ah... so if they are equal, don't say Ryu is better... you are contradicting your own statement...

Read it again, your only contradicting yourself, I said canon wise they are about equal in speed, NOT in abilities :rollseyes:

Originally posted by peejayd * that's your assessment... everybody has different opinions... but even those breakdowns are preposterous...

Those "aren't" my assessment's, those are the statements, from the BEST PLAYERS from SF saying it. Those are the Best SF players from the world agreeing with the notion, not just my "opinion".

Judging by your saying above, you've never been to a tournament, and if you have, you've never been to a real SF tournament with the best players.

Nobody who has high lvl of SF competition would disagree on my statement above.

JustFrame
Originally posted by peejayd * i can say that Ryu is easier to use than Ken... because you can pressure your opponent more with quick consecutive Hadoukens using Ryu than Ken... ranged attacks (Hadouken) are always a big advantage than melee attacks (Shoryuken)...

They are both easy to pick up and learn, it just comes down to whom do you prefer, however preference does not include who is the better character in the game, which Ryu overall is.

A further range Shoryuken has very limited uses while a faster Hadouken has far more uses, case and point, although Ken's is slightly slower, that doesn't mean that his isn't useful, it just mean's that his zoning/spacing game isn't on the same league as Ryu's.

Originally posted by peejayd * a character "easier to use" does not mean that character is better or stronger... Spider-man is easy to use but that does not mean he is more powerful than Magneto or Juggernaut...

Lol...have you played Tekken 4? Jin is one of, if not the easiest character to pick up, and he is the most powerful character in the Tekken 4 roster, with evidence by 99.9% of the tournaments across the world being won by Jin.

Or how about Ken in SFIII:3S, extremely easy to pick up, and yet is the 3rd Best overall character in that game period. In fact, out of the Top 3 best characters, Chunli and Ken are the two most easy to pick up characters in 3S to become powerful with, due to their nature and their gameplay.

However, there are other games that have it to where they are hard to pick up, but super powerful in the end, take the TekkenTag Mishima's, ridiculous to master, but once they are there, they have absolutely no equal in the game.

Or how about Magneto, heck yeah, he's a better character then Spiderman, only in Marvel Super Heroes was Magneto trash, and Spiderman the best character in there.

However Magneto is hard to pick up, but once you master him...infinites, resets, can kill a character in 4 seconds ggpo goodness.

Fighting games, it differents from one another, in one, the best character can be one of the easiest to play and easily the most powerful in the game, while in another they can be one of the most technical and demanding to play while being one of if not the most powerful character in the game.

Ryu>Ken in-game wise overall still regardless, and storyline wise.

Lastly, I'm not going to bother replying to second post, it's just a joke now, all I'm doing is repeating myself and your doing nothing but going "I'm thinking outside of the box" or more like "these are my opinon" comments.

Which hold absolutely no water in a debate such as this, face the facts man, Ryu is stronger and better then Ken, plain and simple. I've told you already, read the actual Street Fighter Canon Guide.

Ryu is better then Ken.

If you continue on with this, then you definitely are doing nothing but trolling simply for the sake of trying to argue.

peejayd
My immaturity, right? Honestly, I'll put this out to you plain and simple. I am not the one who "believes" that so and so is true, without reading the actual canon guide of the SF storyline.

The mere fact that you continue to debate with me without real knowledge of the characters shows you own lack of immaturity.

Please, stop trying to derail the topic at hand and keep it real, it's sad when you try to think it's an individual debate, when you have nothing else better to say.

* wow, i've never seen any bigger Ryu fanboy than you... so stubborn and so touchy... actually, in the last post, i tried to mellow down and quip, but this is great... jeez... you're not even worth it...

* i'll try to answer some of your idiocies other than the "Ryu>>>Ken" thingy you always blab about...

It's been Satsu No Hadou for ages now.

* simple question = simple answer... you can't even do that...

Umm, no duh Dark Ryu, NOT E. Ryu wasn't canon, however the fact remain's, Satsu No Hadou Ryu did appear for that split second against Sagat that struck him with the Metsu Shoryuken.

* oh yeah... the cheapshot...

The fact remains is that the character of Dark Ryu was very, very plausible in the Street Fighter Canon and actually existed even if for just a brief moment. Violent Ken never existed period.

* and yet there is Violent Ken in SNK vs. Capcom, why? are you insecure that Violent Ken is cooler than Evil Ryu? that more players use him? that he is very powerful in the game? yeah, you're just an insecure fanboy...

There is a vast difference between the two right there, lastly, stop using Evil Ryu. He's not Evil, it's Dark Ryu as stated by Capcom.

* first, Evil Ryu is more popular, who the heck cares? it's still him anyway... secondly, you will not tell me what to say, you fanboy...

Considering Ryu knew that something was wrong with Ken's mind, thus Ryu did not fight back at all. Just watch the Anime again, Ryu does absolutely nothing in retaliation to the brainwashed Ken in the SFII:AM.

* i did not say that Ryu is fighting back...

Ryu trying to defend? Please, if you really call that a defend, whatsoever, Ryu simply took the punishment because he was hoping that sooner or later Ken would snap out of it.

* why don't you try to watch it again? eventhough Ryu is not fighting back, he is still trying to defend himself... and Ken destroyed his defense...

In your world, it may be garbage, but the fact that although Ken may not be better then Ryu, Ken is still better then nearly 75% of the SF cast says alot.

* are you out of your freakin' mind? it is you who said that "natural talent is garbage"...

Please don't use the "family" excuse, Ryu has more potential, since Day #1. Plain and simple, Ryu is the better fighter, he was recognized more from the beginning of SF, all the way into the latest edition of SF, which is SFIII.

* having a family and business is a big excuse... still, Ken beat Ryu despite having a family...

Ken has never, not once ever been better then Ryu, plain and simple.

* yeah... take from the Ryu fanboy...

I agree, Ryu travels the world, and is known, however Ken is also known as well, maybe not to the whole degree of Ryu. Yet, this show's you one thing of Ryu's character over Ken, dedication wise, Ryu blows Ken out of the water, however more importantly, that I've stated to you 20394892038209 times, Ryu is more naturally talented then Ken.

* dedication? hands down... Ryu wins... but according to you, natural talent is garbage...

So if SFIII Ken, which couldn't even beat a SFIII Ryu when they had a match up, how in the world could Alpha Ken, a vastly inferior Ken beat a Satsu No Hadou Ryu which is equivelant to a SFIII Ryu?

* by punching Evil Ryu in the gut... and he collapses...

Ryu's Victory ='s Ken's Victory over Ryu in Alpha, plain and simple, I don't hooray any of them, however that doesn't stop Ryu>>>>Ken though.

* Ken's victory >>>>>>>>>> Ryu's victory... Ryu cheated, Ken did not...

Your telling me, they had fighters as beastly as Gen, Adon, or Sagat in them???? Please man, don't even try to compare the two.

* do you have a problem in reading comprehension? i did not compare the SF and US tournament... i just said, there are other good fighters who participated there...

However, it did not happen as you stated above, Ken was never as good as Ryu Pre-SF1, as I've said to you for the 10th time. Ken was not as good as Ryu, that's why he wore the Red Gi, are you just simply trying to continue arguing for the sake of arguing?

* let me repeat to the Ryu fanboy: "the red outfit was trademarked to Ken not to stand out from Ryu, but to stand out from everybody else and to reflect Ken's flashy style of fighting"... and that was stated by Capcom, so shut the hell up...

Lol, right...fighting someone who's more concerned about them being consumed by Satsu No Hadou and not caring for the fight makes it better then the defeat Sagat took?

* tell me why Ryu was seduced by the Dark Hadou in the moment he struck Sagat with the Metsu Shoryuken? it was stated by Capcom that Ryu refused to accept defeat... the Metsu Shoryuken was a cheapshot while Sagat tried to help Ryu up, because Sagat knows the battle is over...

* Ryu agreed to fight Ken fair and square... can't your thick skull admit that Ryu cheated Sagat? and Ken did not cheat to win the fight with Ryu?

Lol, both of them where not better then the other, however, I did give Ken credit for the match up, however it's still only Two Win's, lmao.

* two wins in the tournament... but both Ken and Ryu made 20394892038209 match-ups, more than you'll ever know... logic dictates that in those matches, they have wins over each other... Ken is Ryu's eternal rival, not a jobber nor a punching bag...

So let's just "magically" say that Ken did "infact" win a few more matches then what I posted. It would still be Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken by a huge landslide.

* how? that's just a fanboy statement...

I'll tell you this very plainly, and very simply. The reason why Ken can fight reasonably better then other opponents would if they confronted Ryu is the single fact that Ken has fought with Ryu since they where childhood.

* that's the point... Ryu knows how Ken fights and Ken knows how Ryu fights... that is why it is very illogical to say - like what you've said - that Ken cannot beat Ryu...

However, let's say if SFIII Ken fought a Sagat within the same present day...there would be no chance in the world that Ken would be able to contend with Sagat as well as Ryu would in the same timeline.

* are you blind? Sagat can destroy Ken as crystal clear as how Sagat destroyed Ryu... Ryu just cheated Sagat...

Read it again, your only contradicting yourself, I said canon wise they are about equal in speed, NOT in abilities :rollseyes:

* they are rivals...

Those "aren't" my assessment's, those are the statements, from the BEST PLAYERS from SF saying it. Those are the Best SF players from the world agreeing with the notion, not just my "opinion".

Judging by your saying above, you've never been to a tournament, and if you have, you've never been to a real SF tournament with the best players.

Nobody who has high lvl of SF competition would disagree on my statement above.

* you just laid out your cards... you are watching dumb players...

Lastly, I'm not going to bother replying to second post, it's just a joke now, all I'm doing is repeating myself and your doing nothing but going "I'm thinking outside of the box" or more like "these are my opinon" comments.

Which hold absolutely no water in a debate such as this, face the facts man, Ryu is stronger and better then Ken, plain and simple. I've told you already, read the actual Street Fighter Canon Guide.

Ryu is better then Ken.

If you continue on with this, then you definitely are doing nothing but trolling simply for the sake of trying to argue.

* you cannot even answer the open questions? what a loser... it seems like you just won a versus battle using Ryu and you made him a god... very revolting... you're stubborn and touchy, that's fanboyism... wink

brainchild81

So let's just "magically" say that Ken did "infact" win a few more matches then what I posted. It would still be Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken by a huge landslide. You don't even know how many times Ryu won. All you know is what Ryu said. He has "the better win record". Unless he says "the much better win record" you got nothing. You aren't making sense. Ryu's word>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your biased assumptions by a huge landslide. If there was a huge landslide, they wouldn't be rivals. The end.

JustFrame
Originally posted by peejayd * wow, i've never seen any bigger Ryu fanboy than you... so stubborn and so touchy... actually, in the last post, i tried to mellow down and quip, but this is great... jeez... you're not even worth it...

* i'll try to answer some of your idiocies other than the "Ryu>>>Ken" thingy you always blab about...

* simple question = simple answer... you can't even do that...

* oh yeah... the cheapshot...

For the last time, post up something legit...not comicbooks that aren't canon and have absolutely no reliance to the actual characters into backing them as a character. You have proven absolutely nothing on your side besides your opinion of "I think Ken is cooler" comments.

Me saying Ryu>>>>Ken is not my opinion, that's Capcom's official statements.

If I'm a fanboy for saying so then I guess that makes me a Capcom Fanboy.

Originally posted by peejayd * and yet there is Violent Ken in SNK vs. Capcom, why? are you insecure that Violent Ken is cooler than Evil Ryu? that more players use him? that he is very powerful in the game? yeah, you're just an insecure fanboy...

First off, Violent Ken is only decent in that game, he's not even that good. In fact, Chunli who's just a regular character is as good as Violent Ken, if you've actually played this game competitively. In fact, Ryu is just as good as V. Ken in this game as well.

You want to know who's the real powerhouses in SnkvsCapcom? Zero and Geese...why? Zero with the crazy infinites, and Geese with his ridiculous rushdown and damage potential.

Also, please don't try to derail this into a "You think V. Ken is cooler then E. Ryu" debate. That's immaturity right there, from Post #1, I've clearly stated to you, and to everyone here that Dark Ryu is vastly more powerful then Violent Ken.

How?

Ryu is utilizing the full potential of Ansatsuken, meaning he would be utilizing abilities that would be almost on par with Gouki.

Ken is NOT utilizing anything, Violent Ken is merely a Ken who is being controlled. His abilities are not so vastly different that he becomes an absolute walking phenom that Dark Ryu becomes.

Again, one is utilizing the full potential of their arts, the other is just simply being mind controlled.

That'd be like saying that Psycho Ryu is as powerful as Dark Ryu, and Psycho Ryu actually existed alas Alpha 3 when Bison controlled Ryu.

Simply not true, completely false.

Again, where is the fanboy notion? I simply don't see it, just stating out the facts.

Violent Ken was made from the notion of the Ken being controlled by Bison from SFII:AM, pure and simple, no super ridiculous powers that puts him in league with someone like Dark Ryu.

Originally posted by peejayd * first, Evil Ryu is more popular, who the heck cares? it's still him anyway... secondly, you will not tell me what to say, you fanboy...

Yet this fanboy (Pointing at me) is the only one who has posted up real canon reasons why Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>Ken. Unlike someone I know here.

Originally posted by peejayd * i did not say that Ryu is fighting back...

Right...that's why you said that Ryu was really, trying to defend and doing his best right? Want me to quote you on it?

Go back and read your post again, Ryu did absolutely nothing except try to defend once and a while, otherwise he took the full punishment.

Violent Ken ='s SFII:AM Bison Controlled Ken, simple answer solved, even Snk stated this themselves, get with it. Reasons why Dark Ryu>>>>>V. Ken.

Originally posted by peejayd * why don't you try to watch it again? eventhough Ryu is not fighting back, he is still trying to defend himself... and Ken destroyed his defense...

Ryu did almost absolutely nothing, he saw attacks come in, and took the blows. He got struck by a 7+hit string and only dodged the single last shot. He blocked attacks that he clearly would have been able to have avoided.

Case and point....Ryu was not trying to outclass Ken, only simply believing that Ken would at one point overcome this and realize who he was fighting.

My goodness, your unbelievable sometimes, and btw, the Ken there was no different then the Ken before he was mind controlled mind...and yeah, guess who was the one that was able to actually do something on Bison...yeah...Ryu.

Originally posted by peejayd * are you out of your freakin' mind? it is you who said that "natural talent is garbage"...

When I said natural talent is garbage was from your statement saying that Ken had natural talent "thus" the reason why he was as good as Ryu. Then you said that the only reason why "Ryu" is better is because Ken had a family while Ryu trains all day.

You where wrong, I made it very clear to you, that Ryu was stomping on Ken's face ever since they started learning under Gouken. So since Day #1, it's been Ryu>>>>>>>>>>Ken.

If Ken "had more natural" talent, then he should have been better then Ryu before he went on his super degree hardcore training yes? The answer is NO, Ken still got blown out of the water by Ryu, simple true and answer.

That was why I said natural talent is garbage from the statement you gave me earlier.

I stand wrong though, Ken is actually better then 80% of the cast, besides the characters on Ryu's Tier and above, which is only another tier.

So simply put, although Ken loses out to Ryu almost always, he can still pretty much almost own everyone else.

Originally posted by peejayd * having a family and business is a big excuse... still, Ken beat Ryu despite having a family...

Riight....considering since having a family Ken has not even beaten Ryu yet. I honestly don't know what you've been reading, but ever since Ken has gotten married to Elize, his win record against Ryu has been ZERO.

Originally posted by peejayd * yeah... take from the Ryu fanboy...

Read the Street Fighter Canon Guide, it's educational, or are you just simply refusing to not read it? Maybe that's why you keep calling me a fanboy, lol.

Originally posted by peejayd * dedication? hands down... Ryu wins... but according to you, natural talent is garbage...

Ryu wouldn't of gotten where he's at if he didn't have natural talent, Ryu wouldn't be recognized by the most powerful characters in the SF world if he didn't have natural talent. Ken wouldn't own 80% of the SF cast if he didn't have natural talent.

My reply above explains about the natural talent already, so I won't go any further on it here.

Originally posted by peejayd * by punching Evil Ryu in the gut... and he collapses...

Which never ever took place Alpha Movie is not the canon Alpha Storyline.

Originally posted by peejayd * Ken's victory >>>>>>>>>> Ryu's victory... Ryu cheated, Ken did not...

How did Ryu cheat? Did he use some cheatcode to make him overcome Sagat? Yes, Ryu struck Sagat when he was lending out a hand, yeah, a cheap shot, but cheating?

Please man, Ryu still had to contend with stronger opponents then what Ken was facing at the US Karate Tournament. Ryu was able to stand toe to toe with Sagat, something that nearly 95% of the SF cast cannot do, besides the Super Elites.

He won off of a Metsu-Shoryuken, however as to how that's cheating? You ask me how?

Should I start calling Ken's win a cheat win too? Since Ryu was more concerned about Satsu-No-Hadou then confronting Ken?

Get out of here man, both of those wins where not truly wins, but to call one cheating is atrocious.

Originally posted by peejayd * do you have a problem in reading comprehension? i did not compare the SF and US tournament... i just said, there are other good fighters who participated there...

It was clear by your notion, you where trying to make it as though Ken was fighting super tough competition and just as good competition...which is absolutely not true.

You where trying to say that "Ken is just as good, because the competition in the Karate Tournament was just as fierce." Completely False.

No tournament is on par with the Street Fighter Tournament, plain and simple.

JustFrame
Originally posted by peejayd * let me repeat to the Ryu fanboy: "the red outfit was trademarked to Ken not to stand out from Ryu, but to stand out from everybody else and to reflect Ken's flashy style of fighting"... and that was stated by Capcom, so shut the hell up...

OFFICIAL STATEMENTS READ BELOW

"He wears a red gi because when he trained with Ryu under Gouken, he saw
that Ryu was better so he wanted to stand out more and took on a red gi."

Taken from Ken's SF Canon Guide Profile

End of Debate, you fail.

Please, do not bring this up again, you are simply making yourself look foolish.

Not every character in game is going to have the "same advantage" some characters simply have far more then others.

In Ryu and Ken's case, Ryu has come out on the top more so then Ken has.

Originally posted by peejayd * you cannot even answer the open questions? what a loser... it seems like you just won a versus battle using Ryu and you made him a god... very revolting... you're stubborn and touchy, that's fanboyism... wink

Let me put it simply to you, my statements where never a "This is my opinion" statement.

I have made it very clearly to you, why I've stated Ryu>Ken, and that is because Capcom has officially stated Ryu>>>Ken. Ryu has proven this within the storyline of the SF Series that he is in fact the better fighter.

Ryu has been recognized by the super elites as the one with the most potential.

All of these are official, so what fanboyism are you really speaking of?

Who was it here that made Violent Ken the character that he actually wasn't meant to be.

"HAD" you of actually read Snk's official statement, you would have known that Violent Ken is a carbon copy of the SFII:AM Ken.

So again, the mere fact that you have never ever read the Canon SF Guide, the fact that you bring up "this is my opinions" and then try to back it up with with statements from comicbooks and the SF Animes...which btw, aren't even canon...who truly is the "insert character name" fanboy here?

I would only be a fanboy if this was a Ryu vs Gouki who would win thread and I kept on saying Ryu>>>>>>>>>Gouki because I said so.

However this is Ken...someone that Ryu is in fact, a better fighter over.

Originally posted by peejayd * tell me why Ryu was seduced by the Dark Hadou in the moment he struck Sagat with the Metsu Shoryuken? it was stated by Capcom that Ryu refused to accept defeat... the Metsu Shoryuken was a cheapshot while Sagat tried to help Ryu up, because Sagat knows the battle is over...

* Ryu agreed to fight Ken fair and square... can't your thick skull admit that Ryu cheated Sagat? and Ken did not cheat to win the fight with Ryu?

Ryu did not rig the win over Sagat, even Sagat has claimed it to be a defeat on him against Ryu. So no, you are wrong, it's just atrocious for you to ride on this notion, when everyone on there has stated Ryu bested Sagat.

Not a "clean" win, but still a win, much like how Ken defeated Ryu, not a "clean" win, but still a win regardless.

Yet, does this even remove the fact that Ryu is still clearly better then Ken? Oh yeah, it doesn't, my point exactly.

Originally posted by peejayd * two wins in the tournament... but both Ken and Ryu made 20394892038209 match-ups, more than you'll ever know... logic dictates that in those matches, they have wins over each other... Ken is Ryu's eternal rival, not a jobber nor a punching bag...

Indeed, they are eternal rivals, however being rivals doesn't always mean "we are equal". It has been clear from Capcom's statements that it's been Ryu>>>>>>>>>>Ken majority of the times. Since Day #1...how many times do I have to tell you this.

How many times do I have to tell you that Ryu is the better fighter over Ken. He has bested Ken far, and alot more then Ken over Ryu, this has been mentioned, and stated very clearly.

So where does my statements lose water? Where? Ken defeats a Ryu consumed in conflict with Satsu-No-Hadou, Ken most likely defeated Ryu during SFII...yet Pre-SF1, and SFIII which is practically everything else, Ryu completely pawns him.

Have you've actually noticed that there has been only one match up that Ken has actually won in which Ryu most likely would have been in the fight (SFII). Yet Pre-SF1, and SFIII, all of the matches Ryu would have been in the fight, he's been the clear cut stronger, better fighter?

That should be pretty crystal clear to you, and please, if you bring up Sagat vs Ryu again, I'll just laugh. Considering again, if it was Ken vs Sagat...Ken would have gotten completely destroyed by Sagat, considering Ryu barely won, even though he was above Ken.

Originally posted by peejayd * how? that's just a fanboy statement...

That isn't a fanboy statement when Capcom has officially stated Ryu>>>>Ken Pre-SF1. So should we start calling Capcom liar's now?

Originally posted by peejayd * that's the point... Ryu knows how Ken fights and Ken knows how Ryu fights... that is why it is very illogical to say - like what you've said - that Ken cannot beat Ryu...

I never, not once stated that Ken did not beat Ryu, because Ken has actually achieved this. However, what I do say is this...Ryu is the far better, more stronger and better fighter then Ken.

Ryu has PROVEN this by besting Ken far more then what Ken has ever done to Ryu through out their entire life time together as rivals.

It has been stated by Capcom that Ryu is the better fighter over Ken.

How are these "fanboy" remarks, when Capcom has officially, remember, officially stated it so? You tell me, if anything, your the fanboy. Going on talking about how Violent Ken is "just as good" as Dark Ryu.

That's an absolute complete utter joke.

Originally posted by peejayd * are you blind? Sagat can destroy Ken as crystal clear as how Sagat destroyed Ryu... Ryu just cheated Sagat...

Very simple here, during SF1...

Sagat>Ryu>>>Ken, does that take away from the fact that Ryu was not better then Ken.

Like I've said before, all win's in SF aren't always clean...Alex defeated Gill and won SFIII, should he be as strong as Ryu or Ken now?

Get out of here man, Sagat did not destroy Ryu, he only had an upper hand.

Originally posted by peejayd * they are rivals...

Much like how Hwoarang is to Jin, yet Jin has beasted the monsters like T. Ogre and Hei/Kazuya/Jinpachi...should we start considering Hwoarang in the same league as Jin, just simply because Hwoarang can fight solidly against Jin?

Your a complete walking contradiction now, Ryu and Ken are rivals yes, but that doesn't remove the fact that it's still Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken.

You can still be rivals even though your rival is much better then you are, hopefully that makes sense to you.

Originally posted by peejayd * you just laid out your cards... you are watching dumb players...

LOL...right, guys like Tomo Ohira, the greatest SFII Player of All Time who won 150+ Tournaments at a time when the competition for SFII was at it's absolute peak and competitive drive.

He only took 2nd place 4 times, and the rest where all 1st place finishes.

What about Daigo Umehara...you know, the guy who beasted Justin Wong another SF great during Evolution 2004...yeah...he must be a dumb player too right?

Oh wait...what about guys like Alex Valle, or the Wolfe Bros, or the japanese players like Kuni and Nuki, etc, etc.

Yes...all of these guys who play SF on the competitive lvl, that I've myself played more then once before in my lifetime..yep...these guys must be "dumb players right".

Yet if you where to ask anyone who's been the better overall character Tier Wise between Ryu and Ken within the SF series, they will all tell you very clearly Ryu.

A players abilities can only go so far...you mean to tell me that someone like Sean in SFIII:3S who has crappy hit-confirms, crappy Super Arts, horrible options is just as good as someone like Yun. Who with Genei-Jin can destroy you for nearly half your life with a single hit-confirm from Genei-Jin.

Or that T.Hawk in ST has as many options as someone like Balrog who can mix up throw option you to death, or high/low mixups, with a powerful rushdown game, not to mention the best super in the entire game.

Please man, you have no idea what you are speaking too. The mere fact that you say "It's all about the player not the character" tells me every notion that you have never played a serious tournament in your life.

When you see tournaments like Evolution, where the best players from around the world coming from Japan, S. Korea, Europe, etc, etc, and obviously the US (since it's held in the US) come together and play a game like SFIII:3S.

Guess who's almost always in the Top 8 Place finishes...you guessed it...Yun, Chunli, Chunli, Chunli, Ken, Yun, Chunli, and a random Makoto here and there.

If it was all about "characters" skills...why aren't more top Ryu players placing in the top 8? Why is it always dominated by Yun, Chun, and Ken?

Plain and simple, these three characters have far more advantages over the other characters.

-snip-

Considering Ken openly admitted that Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken, reasons why he dunned the Red Gi.

I guess people here fail to realize that you can still be rivals even though you may not be as good as your rival.

Ever seen Sagat and Adon...Sagat is leagues better then Adon, yet they are rivals.

Get the facts straight, Ryu is stronger, better then Ken.

brainchild81
You said far better & stuff like that. You've yet to prove it. It's the degree that you seem to be off on. Quote me better than that next time please.

JacopeX
Heh, no
Ken out speeds him. What difference does that make? Really. doh

I have faced people quicker than me in combat and regular sports, yet it makes no difference if you are smart enough to handle such an opponent. Ryu is alot more than capable of that. Especially that he rates more in experience unlike Ken's aimless brutte stregnth.

DarkC
I'm pretty sure that Tiamat's Street Fighter plot/canon guide did say that Ken DID admit to Ryu being better.

brainchild81
Faaaaar better?

DarkC
Not far better, but enough to give Ryu more of an advantage over Ken.

brainchild81
Understandable. But I haven't seen E.Ryu do anything that'd put him over Violent Ken

peejayd
You have proven absolutely nothing on your side besides your opinion of "I think Ken is cooler" comments.

* although, Ken is really far cooler than Ryu, i did not even include that in my argument... stop saying nonsense... i think you're just really insecure...

If I'm a fanboy for saying so then I guess that makes me a Capcom Fanboy.

* you exaggerated Ryu's win record over Ken, you did not even know how many fights they have... you have made Ryu a god... you are a Ryu fanboy...

Also, please don't try to derail this into a "You think V. Ken is cooler then E. Ryu" debate. That's immaturity right there, from Post #1, I've clearly stated to you, and to everyone here that Dark Ryu is vastly more powerful then Violent Ken.

* how? if it's storywise, both characters do not exist... if it's gameplay-wise, both characters can beat each other, depending how good the player is...

Ryu is utilizing the full potential of Ansatsuken, meaning he would be utilizing abilities that would be almost on par with Gouki.

* Gouki is utilizing full Ansatsuken... both Ryu and Ken do not... they are trained by Gouken an Ansatsuken without the killing techniques... please don't put Ryu on the pedestal again and again, and say you're not a Ryu fanboy...

Ken is NOT utilizing anything,

* eek! what an idiotic statement...

Violent Ken is merely a Ken who is being controlled. His abilities are not so vastly different that he becomes an absolute walking phenom that Dark Ryu becomes.

Again, where is the fanboy notion? I simply don't see it, just stating out the facts.

* where's the fanboy notion? you tell me... laughing

Yet this fanboy (Pointing at me) is the only one who has posted up real canon reasons why Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>Ken. Unlike someone I know here.

* someone i know here makes Ryu a god and he does not even notices it... and even denies it... what a loser...

Right...that's why you said that Ryu was really, trying to defend and doing his best right? Want me to quote you on it?

* yeah, i did not say Ryu was fighting back but he was still trying to defend himself... quote me, and prove how poor your reading comprehension is... "fighting back" and "defending" are two different things...

My goodness, your unbelievable sometimes, and btw, the Ken there was no different then the Ken before he was mind controlled mind...and yeah, guess who was the one that was able to actually do something on Bison...yeah...Ryu.

* Ryu cannot do anything on Bison by himself... Ryu would be choked to death if Ken did not intervene...

When I said natural talent is garbage was from your statement saying that Ken had natural talent "thus" the reason why he was as good as Ryu. Then you said that the only reason why "Ryu" is better is because Ken had a family while Ryu trains all day.

* so, in your opinion, Ken's natural talent is garbage, while Ryu's natural talent is not... wow...

You where wrong, I made it very clear to you, that Ryu was stomping on Ken's face ever since they started learning under Gouken. So since Day #1, it's been Ryu>>>>>>>>>>Ken.

* pure fanboyism... prove it...

So simply put, although Ken loses out to Ryu almost always, he can still pretty much almost own everyone else.

* this is unbelievable... with words like "almost always" and "far better" and "vastly powerful", no one would ever think you are a Ryu fanboy... no expression

Read the Street Fighter Canon Guide, it's educational, or are you just simply refusing to not read it? Maybe that's why you keep calling me a fanboy, lol.

* can you please give us the URL of the website, oh great lover of Ryu?

How did Ryu cheat? Did he use some cheatcode to make him overcome Sagat? Yes, Ryu struck Sagat when he was lending out a hand, yeah, a cheap shot, but cheating?

cheap shot
1. a covert, unsportsmanlike, and illegal act of deliberate roughness, esp. in football, often calculated to injure an opponent.
2. any mean or unsportsmanlike remark or action, esp. one directed at a defenseless or vulnerable person.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=cheap%20shot

* yeah, right... cheapshot is not cheating... no expression

Please man, Ryu still had to contend with stronger opponents then what Ken was facing at the US Karate Tournament. Ryu was able to stand toe to toe with Sagat, something that nearly 95% of the SF cast cannot do, besides the Super Elites.

* heck... Nash and other unpopular SF characters have participated in US tourney... i repeat, i did not compare SF and US tourneys... i just said there are also good fighters in US tourney... don't you get it? or are really having hard time understanding my posts?

Should I start calling Ken's win a cheat win too? Since Ryu was more concerned about Satsu-No-Hadou then confronting Ken?

* Ken's win over Ryu is a clean one, no cheating involved... now tell me, was Ryu's win over Sagat, clean?

You where trying to say that "Ken is just as good, because the competition in the Karate Tournament was just as fierce." Completely False.

* i am trying to say what? stop putting words on my mouth...

peejayd
OFFICIAL STATEMENTS READ BELOW

"He wears a red gi because when he trained with Ryu under Gouken, he saw
that Ryu was better so he wanted to stand out more and took on a red gi."

Taken from Ken's SF Canon Guide Profile

End of Debate, you fail.

* against the official statements of Capcom i read: "the red outfit was trademarked to Ken not to stand out from Ryu, but to stand out from everybody else and to reflect Ken's flashy style of fighting"

* what i read was more believable and reasonable...

Ryu did not rig the win over Sagat, even Sagat has claimed it to be a defeat on him against Ryu. So no, you are wrong, it's just atrocious for you to ride on this notion, when everyone on there has stated Ryu bested Sagat.

* i never said the fight was rigged by Ryu... just do not remove the fact that Ryu won by a cheapshot... hence, Ryu cheated...

Not a "clean" win, but still a win, much like how Ken defeated Ryu, not a "clean" win, but still a win regardless.

* Ken did not cheat to win...

Indeed, they are eternal rivals, however being rivals doesn't always mean "we are equal". It has been clear from Capcom's statements that it's been Ryu>>>>>>>>>>Ken majority of the times. Since Day #1...how many times do I have to tell you this.

* a rival is a person that can equal or outdo the other... why don't you create your own dictionary?

That should be pretty crystal clear to you, and please, if you bring up Sagat vs Ryu again, I'll just laugh. Considering again, if it was Ken vs Sagat...Ken would have gotten completely destroyed by Sagat, considering Ryu barely won, even though he was above Ken.

* oh, c'mon, man... can't you just admit that Sagat destroyed Ryu? Sagat, the defending champion, crushed Ryu, and then extended his hand to help Ryu up after thinking that he had won. Ryu was so consumed with the desire to win that he gave into the Satsui no Hadou and executed a Metsu Shoryuken, scarring Sagat's chest and his pride... blab all you want, Ryu cheated...

I never, not once stated that Ken did not beat Ryu, because Ken has actually achieved this. However, what I do say is this...Ryu is the far better, more stronger and better fighter then Ken.

* so Ryu is an idiot now? being defeated by someone weaker and worse fighter than him?

How are these "fanboy" remarks, when Capcom has officially, remember, officially stated it so? You tell me, if anything, your the fanboy. Going on talking about how Violent Ken is "just as good" as Dark Ryu.

* based on the game, yes... Violent Ken is as good or even better than Evil Ryu... you're just too stubborn to admit it...

Get out of here man, Sagat did not destroy Ryu, he only had an upper hand.

* read your Canon Guide again, fanboy... Sagat destroyed Ryu... Sagat knew the fight is over, he offered a hand, Ryu cheapshot him...

Your a complete walking contradiction now, Ryu and Ken are rivals yes, but that doesn't remove the fact that it's still Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken.

* i would not be surprised if i see a hundred >'s next time...

LOL...right, guys like Tomo Ohira, the greatest SFII Player of All Time who won 150+ Tournaments at a time when the competition for SFII was at it's absolute peak and competitive drive.

He only took 2nd place 4 times, and the rest where all 1st place finishes.

What about Daigo Umehara...you know, the guy who beasted Justin Wong another SF great during Evolution 2004...yeah...he must be a dumb player too right?

Oh wait...what about guys like Alex Valle, or the Wolfe Bros, or the japanese players like Kuni and Nuki, etc, etc.

Yes...all of these guys who play SF on the competitive lvl, that I've myself played more then once before in my lifetime..yep...these guys must be "dumb players right".

* those players have different views than you... don't put words on their mouths as well... they might have more sense, not as dumb and narrow-minded as you though...

A players abilities can only go so far...you mean to tell me that someone like Sean in SFIII:3S who has crappy hit-confirms, crappy Super Arts, horrible options is just as good as someone like Yun. Who with Genei-Jin can destroy you for nearly half your life with a single hit-confirm from Genei-Jin.

Or that T.Hawk in ST has as many options as someone like Balrog who can mix up throw option you to death, or high/low mixups, with a powerful rushdown game, not to mention the best super in the entire game.

* i know many players that can beat your Ryu using Sean or Yun anywhere, anytime... your comments are nothing...

Please man, you have no idea what you are speaking too. The mere fact that you say "It's all about the player not the character" tells me every notion that you have never played a serious tournament in your life.

* you have no idea... we don't even know each other...

If it was all about "characters" skills...why aren't more top Ryu players placing in the top 8? Why is it always dominated by Yun, Chun, and Ken?

* they are easier to use and master...

Plain and simple, these three characters have far more advantages over the other characters.

* true... but that is not an excuse to exaggerate Ryu over and over again...

JustFrame
* although, Ken is really far cooler than Ryu, i did not even include that in my argument... stop saying nonsense... i think you're just really insecure...

To who is cooler is only preference, considering in the Asian Countries, Ryu is more liked then Ken, while in countries like the US, it is actually quite even, however slightly more towards Ken simply because his lifestyle is more intuned with ours.

However the Asian Culture loves Ryu's form of commitment and continued focus on his goals. He is the embodiment to them of what a hard worker is.

Again, preference, and please, stop trying to say I'm insecure, if anything, you need to set your priorities right instead of trying to attack people.

* you exaggerated Ryu's win record over Ken, you did not even know how many fights they have... you have made Ryu a god... you are a Ryu fanboy...

I never not once exaggerated Ryu's prowess over Ken. Ken has stated Ryu>>>>>Ken even from their earliest of times. Ryu is clearly the better fighter over Ken. I have said this since Day #1.

However you went off running your mouth about how V. Ken>>> D. Ryu...which is complete and utter garbage. Trying to say things like "Ken is faster" yadi yada...what the heck?

That's simply not true.

Ryu is a far stronger, more powerful and more gifted fighter then Ken, simple as thought, it's been proven in the storyline and shouldn't be argued.

Ryu is far from a God, there are still a few characters who are well above him, and he's only as strong as other characters such as Sagat. Over exaggeration? Get out of here.

I've stated these since Day #1.

* how? if it's storywise, both characters do not exist... if it's gameplay-wise, both characters can beat each other, depending how good the player is...

False, you've never played tournament high lvl SF therefore you run by this notion. Yes, if a well established player vs. a player who has little to zero knowledge of how to play the game, then the established player will win 99 times out of a 100, if not 100 out of a 100.

However, if you get players of equal skill who understand the game of SF and play against one another. Have one pick Ryu and the other pick Ken in a game say like Hyper Fighting. You'll see a big advantage that Ryu will have over Ken.

Much like how in 3S, Ken has a distinct advantage over Ryu why? Ken has better options in that game then Ryu does. While in Hyper Fighting, Ryu has better options then Ken does.

A Players ability can only go so far.

* Gouki is utilizing full Ansatsuken... both Ryu and Ken do not... they are trained by Gouken an Ansatsuken without the killing techniques... please don't put Ryu on the pedestal again and again, and say you're not a Ryu fanboy...

Ryu would have been utilizing the full force of Ansatsuken, are you a fool or what? Didn't Ryu strike Sagat with a Metsu-Shoryuken??? Was he ever taught how to do this by Gouken??????????

My point exactly, Ryu would have been utilizing the full form of Ansatsuken by having the killing intent as well.

Ryu and Ken being taught a "toned down" version of Ansatsuken has nothing about them being taught a "weaker" form. The toned down form simply means A NON-KILLING INTENT FORM

For crying out loud, try to not get that mixed up. Dark Ryu would have been a Ryu utilizing the full form of Ansatsuken.

* eek! what an idiotic statement...

Nothing that sets him on par with Dark Ryu...please try to keep it about the debate, if you continue to call me out like this, I'll have you reported.

* where's the fanboy notion? you tell me... laughing

Considering SNK has confirmed this notion that V. Ken is no different from Bison Controlled Ken from SFII:AM wouldn't that actually make you the fanboy for arguing with me about how V. Ken>>>D. Ryu?

Oh yes, I believe so.

* someone i know here makes Ryu a god and he does not even notices it... and even denies it... what a loser...

How am I making Ryu a God? Tell me? Simply because I stated Storyline Wise Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>Ken?

Please man, if I'm wrong on that notion, then prove it to me, instead of one liners that go "Your a fanboy".

Again, your doing nothing but trolling, storyline wise it's been Ryu>>>>Ken, live with it, it's been confirmed by Capcom, so how's that fanboy remarks?

* yeah, i did not say Ryu was fighting back but he was still trying to defend himself... quote me, and prove how poor your reading comprehension is... "fighting back" and "defending" are two different things...

Umm, you said, Ryu was trying his best...remember here his best. Now your trying to fun off and say something different.

Case and point, to end it all, Ryu was not trying to defeat Ken, simple answer.

Stop talking about this, I proved you wrong on this already, let's move on.

* Ryu cannot do anything on Bison by himself... Ryu would be choked to death if Ken did not intervene...

Both would have gotten destroyed had Bison of utilized his full abilities. However that was absolutely not the case, and yes, Ryu was STILL the only one to be able to connect a whole string on Bison.

Ken cannot say that...SFII:AM Ryu>>>Ken as well btw.

* so, in your opinion, Ken's natural talent is garbage, while Ryu's natural talent is not... wow...

Good Grief just READ MY POST MAN, did I not say that Ken would be able to defeat 80% of the SF Cast for free? Yes, I believe I did say that.

So what if Ken loses out to Ryu? Your the one sitting here trying to say Ken ='s Ryu, not me. Yet I know storyline wise, it's Ryu>>>Ken, that is canon, and true.

Ken is obviously naturally talented (I have stated this numerous times before, however you just failed to read it) however he is not, and I repeat, not on par with someone like Ryu.

Ryu is just naturally better, as proven by Ken's own statements.

* can you please give us the URL of the website, oh great lover of Ryu?

Go to Google Type in "Street Fighter Canon Guide" read it and become educated...I posted this to you numerous times before already...

cheap shot
1. a covert, unsportsmanlike, and illegal act of deliberate roughness, esp. in football, often calculated to injure an opponent.
2. any mean or unsportsmanlike remark or action, esp. one directed at a defenseless or vulnerable person.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=cheap%20shot

* yeah, right... cheapshot is not cheating... no expression

LMAO...in a Street Fight match up, where groan shots, back head strikes, and even killing if it where to occur is all fair game. Your a complete joke man.

This isn't some tournament under a referee and rules, this is a Street Fight, where ANYTHING HAPPENS. Live With It, Ryu won.

* heck... Nash and other unpopular SF characters have participated in US tourney... i repeat, i did not compare SF and US tourneys... i just said there are also good fighters in US tourney... don't you get it? or are really having hard time understanding my posts?

By trying to say "There where good fighters in the US tourney" you basically where trying to say what Ken did was "just as good" in achievements as what Ryu did.

Absolutely false, considering if you take the competition Ryu competed against. Pure and Simple, winning the US tournament is not on the same caliber is winning a SF tournament.

* Ken's win over Ryu is a clean one, no cheating involved... now tell me, was Ryu's win over Sagat, clean?

It wasn't cheating, I don't understand why you continue with this. Ryu won by a cheapshot, yes, however in a Street Fight, Sagat knew full well that anything goes.

Ryu's win I agree with not a pure head to head win, over Sagat. However, he struck Sagat down, and got the win.

Ken's win is a win as well, regardless if Ryu was into the full fight or not. Both of these wins where not full wins. Why do you think Ken wanted a decisive victory against Ryu before he married Eliza.

Oh..that's right, because his first win, wasn't a decisive one...gotcha...please, stop the hate.

Ryu won over Sagat

Ken won over Ryu

We get it, quit your whining.

JustFrame
* against the official statements of Capcom i read: "the red outfit was trademarked to Ken not to stand out from Ryu, but to stand out from everybody else and to reflect Ken's flashy style of fighting"

* what i read was more believable and reasonable...

You read the USA modified/NON-CANON VERSION of Capcom. The Real Storyline of Street Fighter derives from Japan of Capcom, please do NOT get the two mixed.

That's why you are running with the notion of Evil Ryu, because US Capcom decided to make this notion. In fact, US Capcom made it so that Ryu and Ken where taught "Shotokan" yet we all know it was Ansatsuken.

The official statments where what I stated from Ken's profile. Live with it, you where wrong.

* i never said the fight was rigged by Ryu... just do not remove the fact that Ryu won by a cheapshot... hence, Ryu cheated...

Ryu did not cheat, good gracious, your becoming foolish now with this remark. Capcom officially stated "cheapshot", and did not say Ryu won by "cheating". Cheating is utilizing something/outside source to your advantage.

Ryu did NONE of this, all he did was strike Sagat when he felt that the match was over.

That is not cheating, that's a cheap shot, heck yes, but cheating...you've got to be kidding me now. Lay off this notion already, we all know it was a cheapshot, however it still doesn't take away the fact that Ryu stomped Ken before he went to the SF1 Tournament.

* a rival is a person that can equal or outdo the other... why don't you create your own dictionary?

Ken can fight well up against Ryu simply because the two have trained under one another. However, this does not stop the fact that Ryu has been Ken far more then what Ken has beaten Ryu.

That's a clear cut fact, being a Rival doesn't always neccessarily mean you are both exactly EQUAL. Ken is not equal to Ryu, otherwise wouldn't you think they would be standing within the same tier then storyline wise?

Hmm, oh yeah, Ken is one tier lower. Yes, still Rivals, but Ryu is still better.

* oh, c'mon, man... can't you just admit that Sagat destroyed Ryu? Sagat, the defending champion, crushed Ryu, and then extended his hand to help Ryu up after thinking that he had won. Ryu was so consumed with the desire to win that he gave into the Satsui no Hadou and executed a Metsu Shoryuken, scarring Sagat's chest and his pride... blab all you want, Ryu cheated...

Read my statements above, I'm not going to repeat myself...you argued this fact like 10x in your post, making it a horrible post to having to reply too.

Lastly, official statements where "Sagat had the upper hand" not "Sagat was destroying Ryu".

Get the facts straight.

* so Ryu is an idiot now? being defeated by someone weaker and worse fighter than him?

Ryu being defeated by Ken definetly would not make him an idiot. Because the ONLY SF character who is weaker then Ryu who would have a prayers chance of beating him would be Ken, simply due to Ken's knowledge of fighting Ryu.

Ryu losing to him, doesn't make him weaker, considering Ryu loses to Ken in SFII, but handily defeats him by the time SFIII comes around, and SFIII is a far much stronger Ken then SFII Ken.

* based on the game, yes... Violent Ken is as good or even better than Evil Ryu... you're just too stubborn to admit it...

LOL, your so wrong on so many lvls.

Based In-Game Wise....D. Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>V. Ken. Are you kidding me?

D. Ryu has ridiculous damage potential+juggling potential. Not to mention D. Ryu in Alpha 2 has complete and total Access to CC's a.k.a. Custom Combo's, and a Lvl 1 CC with D. Ryu does nearly half-life damage.

Please...for the love of all that is good, do not try to mention "in-game" wise again. Simply because D. Ryu in Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 (V-Ism Combos where broken in there, and D. Ryu was Ryu good, but 5x better due to better damage output).

They do not even compare, D. Ryu is much better then V. Ken in-game wise.

* read your Canon Guide again, fanboy... Sagat destroyed Ryu... Sagat knew the fight is over, he offered a hand, Ryu cheapshot him...

You obviously aren't reading the official canon guide, Sagat only had an upper hand, he wasn't destroying Ryu...this is like an endless circle, you just won't stop crying about this won't you.

* i would not be surprised if i see a hundred >'s next time...

Yet, I have proven you why Ryu is better then Ken. Not once have you done anything to validate your argument.

* those players have different views than you... don't put words on their mouths as well... they might have more sense, not as dumb and narrow-minded as you though...

Those players and all I know that certain characters are better then others in-game wise.

That's where we all agree upon, however you do not agree with your statements of "Anyone can win with any character, it's just up to that person".

Wow...please tell that to all of the Sean players...in fact...have you ever heard of a Sean player winning a BIG TOURNAMENT in 3S?

NO.

* i know many players that can beat your Ryu using Sean or Yun anywhere, anytime... your comments are nothing...

Then please, tell me who these guys are, I'm holding you to this and calling these people out. Because I want them to come to a Street Fighter Tournaments to PROVE THIS.

We'll see if what your saying is complete garbage or legit. Btw, I'm talking about tournaments like Evolution. We'll see if these guys are as good as you claim them to be.

* you have no idea... we don't even know each other...

It doesn't take to knowing a person to be able to tell if they have high lvl knowledge of competitive Street Fighter gaming.

ANYONE who has played Tournament lvl SF would not state the claim "Anyone can win, it's all up the player" claims.

That's just ridiculous, so please, don't try to act like you know what your talking about here.

* they are easier to use and master...

ROFL Yun easier to master???!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA, I've heard it all man. Let's see you try to activate Genei-Jin and try to learn it within a week's worth of practice and see if you can do that to a solid 3S Player.

The ONLY character who's really easy to pick up out of the Top 4 best characters is Chunli. Ken is easy, however his stronger points need a bit of technical execution such as Kara-Shoryu's.

Makoto being #4 in 3S and claimed as "easy to use"...LMAO. She's arguably one of the most technical and demanding characters to use. Reasons why you don't see a whole bunch of Makoto players at the Top-Lvl, because she requires tons of work.

Do not debate this with me again.

* true... but that is not an excuse to exaggerate Ryu over and over again...

Storyline-wise and In-Game Wise, I have never, not once exaggerated to you.

I have clearly stated to you, Pre-SF1, Ryu was beating out Ken, reasons why Ken sported the Gi.

Alpha Ken took a win over Ryu, and then had a decisive win in SFII (Not official from Capcom, but must be, because Eliza and Ken got married). Then by the time SFIII comes around, Ryu is beating out Ken.

Ryu is ranked higher then Ken in the Storyline Tier List.

Not to mention, even Ken has made the claim that Ryu is better then himself, and reasons why Ken wore the red gi.

Are these exaggerations? You tell me.

Ryu putting a stomp on Ken Pre-SF1 is true, that's why Ken tried to make himself stand out.

You try to act like as though I made Ryu a God, and yet, I've clearly stated to you that Ryu has indeed lost.

However, how is Ryu exaggerated? He's fought over 10,000 single battles, which puts him on a league far above Ken. Ryu is the chosen one to confront Gouki. Ryu currently is being taught by Oro because he see's that Ryu is the one with the most potential.

Ryu's body was to be the one to contain Bison's soul...

So how are these "exaggerations" when they are all part of the real SF Storyline.

Case and simple fact, Ryu is better then Ken.

You may not like it, because you like Ken more, however for the past few pages, you have done nothing but try and argue a senseless point.

I have told you already, Ken loses to Ryu, however Ken still beats out 80% of the SF cast. How is that NOT GOOD? Yet you just simply cannot seem to let go of the fact that Ryu is just simply better then Ken throughout the storyline of Street Fighter. Get over it man.

Ryo 666
To who is cooler is only preference, considering in the Asian Countries, Ryu is more liked then Ken, while in countries like the US, it is actually quite even, however slightly more towards Ken simply because his lifestyle is more intuned with ours.

However the Asian Culture loves Ryu's form of commitment and continued focus on his goals. He is the embodiment to them of what a hard worker is.

Again, preference, and please, stop trying to say I'm insecure, if anything, you need to set your priorities right instead of trying to attack people.

I never not once exaggerated Ryu's prowess over Ken. Ken has stated Ryu>>>>>Ken even from their earliest of times. Ryu is clearly the better fighter over Ken. I have said this since Day #1.

However you went off running your mouth about how V. Ken>>> D. Ryu...which is complete and utter garbage. Trying to say things like "Ken is faster" yadi yada...what the heck?

That's simply not true.

Ryu is a far stronger, more powerful and more gifted fighter then Ken, simple as thought, it's been proven in the storyline and shouldn't be argued.

Ryu is far from a God, there are still a few characters who are well above him, and he's only as strong as other characters such as Sagat. Over exaggeration? Get out of here.

I've stated these since Day #1.

False, you've never played tournament high lvl SF therefore you run by this notion. Yes, if a well established player vs. a player who has little to zero knowledge of how to play the game, then the established player will win 99 times out of a 100, if not 100 out of a 100.

However, if you get players of equal skill who understand the game of SF and play against one another. Have one pick Ryu and the other pick Ken in a game say like Hyper Fighting. You'll see a big advantage that Ryu will have over Ken.

Much like how in 3S, Ken has a distinct advantage over Ryu why? Ken has better options in that game then Ryu does. While in Hyper Fighting, Ryu has better options then Ken does.

A Players ability can only go so far.

Ryu would have been utilizing the full force of Ansatsuken, are you a fool or what? Didn't Ryu strike Sagat with a Metsu-Shoryuken??? Was he ever taught how to do this by Gouken??????????

My point exactly, Ryu would have been utilizing the full form of Ansatsuken by having the killing intent as well.

Ryu and Ken being taught a "toned down" version of Ansatsuken has nothing about them being taught a "weaker" form. The toned down form simply means A NON-KILLING INTENT FORM

For crying out loud, try to not get that mixed up. Dark Ryu would have been a Ryu utilizing the full form of Ansatsuken.

Nothing that sets him on par with Dark Ryu...please try to keep it about the debate, if you continue to call me out like this, I'll have you reported.

Considering SNK has confirmed this notion that V. Ken is no different from Bison Controlled Ken from SFII:AM wouldn't that actually make you the fanboy for arguing with me about how V. Ken>>>D. Ryu?

Oh yes, I believe so.

How am I making Ryu a God? Tell me? Simply because I stated Storyline Wise Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>Ken?

Please man, if I'm wrong on that notion, then prove it to me, instead of one liners that go "Your a fanboy".

Again, your doing nothing but trolling, storyline wise it's been Ryu>>>>Ken, live with it, it's been confirmed by Capcom, so how's that fanboy remarks?

Umm, you said, Ryu was trying his best...remember here his best. Now your trying to fun off and say something different.

Case and point, to end it all, Ryu was not trying to defeat Ken, simple answer.

Stop talking about this, I proved you wrong on this already, let's move on.

Both would have gotten destroyed had Bison of utilized his full abilities. However that was absolutely not the case, and yes, Ryu was STILL the only one to be able to connect a whole string on Bison.

Ken cannot say that...SFII:AM Ryu>>>Ken as well btw.

Good Grief just READ MY POST MAN, did I not say that Ken would be able to defeat 80% of the SF Cast for free? Yes, I believe I did say that.

So what if Ken loses out to Ryu? Your the one sitting here trying to say Ken ='s Ryu, not me. Yet I know storyline wise, it's Ryu>>>Ken, that is canon, and true.

Ken is obviously naturally talented (I have stated this numerous times before, however you just failed to read it) however he is not, and I repeat, not on par with someone like Ryu.

Ryu is just naturally better, as proven by Ken's own statements.

Go to Google Type in "Street Fighter Canon Guide" read it and become educated...I posted this to you numerous times before already...

LMAO...in a Street Fight match up, where groan shots, back head strikes, and even killing if it where to occur is all fair game. Your a complete joke man.

This isn't some tournament under a referee and rules, this is a Street Fight, where ANYTHING HAPPENS. Live With It, Ryu won.

By trying to say "There where good fighters in the US tourney" you basically where trying to say what Ken did was "just as good" in achievements as what Ryu did.

Absolutely false, considering if you take the competition Ryu competed against. Pure and Simple, winning the US tournament is not on the same caliber is winning a SF tournament.

It wasn't cheating, I don't understand why you continue with this. Ryu won by a cheapshot, yes, however in a Street Fight, Sagat knew full well that anything goes.

Ryu's win I agree with not a pure head to head win, over Sagat. However, he struck Sagat down, and got the win.

Ken's win is a win as well, regardless if Ryu was into the full fight or not. Both of these wins where not full wins. Why do you think Ken wanted a decisive victory against Ryu before he married Eliza.

Oh..that's right, because his first win, wasn't a decisive one...gotcha...please, stop the hate.

Ryu won over Sagat

Ken won over Ryu

We get it, quit your whining.

If Dan beat Ryu using the same tactics, would you use that in all Dan arguments?

peejayd

* who's attacking who? you're the one who gets so touchy when i say something negative about Ryu... i reiterated that i might be picking on Ryu but i'm not picking on you... this debate (if you can call it a debate) will not be personal if you had not been so touchy when it comes to your god, Ryu...

* Capcom officially stated that gameplay-wise, they have made Ryu slightly stronger than Ken and Ken slightly quicker than Ryu...

* you know what? the Canon guide never mentions anything like that...

* don't give me that crap... i've seen how players from tourneys fight... do not compare yourself with them, they're good but i've seen better... not all who participated or even won there are the best of the best... it's psychological, actually... everyone is afraid to lose because it's very humiliating... i've seen better players in local arcades with nothing to lose but a single coin token...

* you really have reading comprehension problems... where did i say that the toned down Ansatsuken was weaker? quote me... the full potential of Ansatsuken includes killing techniques, without it, it is not full, intiende? Ken & Ryu was taught without it, so it's not full... about the Metsu Shoryuken, it was one time only, it's only a fraction... the full Ansatsuken is only being witnessed in Gouki who embraced Dark Hadou...

* the statement is idiotic, not you... but if you want to be an idiot, report yourself, not me... maybe, i should be the one to report you...

* stop trying to put words in my mouth... quote me, i dare you... i know what i said: "Ryu is not fighting back, true, but you can see that he is trying to block Ken's attacks... Ken had broken Ryu's defense"... (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=334270&pagenumber=7)

* the only thing you have is Ryu up one tier higher than Ken... everything else is exaggerated and does not have any proofs at all... reread your Canon Guide, there's nowhere that states what you blab about...

* i believe you are talking about this: http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/variousinfopages/streetfighterplotguide.txt

* but try to scan also Wikipedia... i believe they will never load something non-canon...

* Capcom official statement: "Ryu didn't beat Sagat fairly. Sagat actually had a BIG upper hand. When Ryu was about to faint, satsui no hadou awakened. Sagat was actually giving his hand out to help Ryu up because he was confident he already won. Sagat was caught off guardwith Satsui no Ryu's metsu shoryuken."

"Ryu is a prospective warrior who was raised and trained by his master, Gouken. When he hears about the first Street Fighter 1
tournament, he eagerly enters to prove himself. With his skill and prowess, Ryu quickly advances to the finals, where he fought the host of the tournament, Sagat. Sagat, however, was more than a match for Ryu, and proceeded to kick the crap out of him. It seemed like Sagat won. Ryu was down on the ground. Sagat, seeing this, held out his hand to help Ryu up, because the victory was obviously Sagat's and the battle was over. But Ryu wanted to win at all costs. He was desperate to win. For a very brief moment, he became CONSUMED by his desire to win. A strange mysterious force overtook him (satsui no hadou) and he immediately teared through Sagat with a metsu shoryuken. The powerful dragon punch came out of nowhere and caught Sagat completely off guard, tearing through and leaving a scar on his chest, as well as an emotional scar which wouldn't heal for a long time. Ryu didn't know what happened to him, but he did know that he won. He was the Street Fighter champion."

* Ryu won, no doubt about that... the tourney is anything-goes, true... but fact still remains on how he defeated Sagat... by a cheapshot, by cheating... you should live with it, it's Capcom's official statement...

* still as stubborn as before...

Based In-Game Wise....D. Ryu>>>>>>>>>>>V. Ken. Are you kidding me?

D. Ryu has ridiculous damage potential+juggling potential. Not to mention D. Ryu in Alpha 2 has complete and total Access to CC's a.k.a. Custom Combo's, and a Lvl 1 CC with D. Ryu does nearly half-life damage.

Please...for the love of all that is good, do not try to mention "in-game" wise again. Simply because D. Ryu in Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 (V-Ism Combos where broken in there, and D. Ryu was Ryu good, but 5x better due to better damage output).

They do not even compare, D. Ryu is much better then V. Ken in-game wise.

* this is really lame... SNK vs Capcom does not have same features with SF Alpha games...

It doesn't take to knowing a person to be able to tell if they have high lvl knowledge of competitive Street Fighter gaming.

* yeah, i remember someone here saying this: "if Ken throws a Hadouken even outside sweep range, Ryu can fly right through it and punish Ken for it."... you call this knowledge? anyone can punish anyone with a mistake like that... even Dan can punish Gouki if Gouki throws a Hadouken and Dan jumps over it, leaving Gouki open for punishment... you call yourself someone who participated tourneys and give stupid scenarios like that?

Dark Ryu (Not Evil Ryu, stupid English translations)

* according to Canon guide, it's either "Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu" or just plain "Ryu"... Evil Ryu is never named "Evil Ryu" in the Japanese versions of the games, just "Ryu"... but the term "Evil Ryu" is too damn popular... whereas your term "Dark Ryu" was nowhere found in the Canon guide...

brainchild81
I find the term "Dark" Ryu to be racist laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>