burning!!!????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golden moon
there's a burning smell coming from inside my computer's tower!!! confused

I switched it off and on after a bit but I am afraid it will burn or something what is it?? and what should I do?

The Ones
its probably overheating. i dont know what to do about it though

yerssot
are you overclocked? having the pc on too much of the time? ...

Tptmanno1
yea, check your fan,
maybe buy some of that air duster stuff and blow out the dust, and seeif its clogging your fan.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by yerssot
are you overclocked? having the pc on too much of the time? ...

confused confused confused confused do you know that I never ever shut mine off unless it storms?

golden moon
I never turn off my computer only when I restart it when there is a problem. I opened it up and blew away all the dust. also the 2 fans ar working properly. I turned it on again but it still smells and I don't know where the smell comes from. erm help!

yerssot
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
confused confused confused confused do you know that I never ever shut mine off unless it storms?
I do now eek!

but if you don't have an optimal set-up and things get overheated like with overclocking then having it up all the time will get it to burn the wires

Clovie
maybe you have the cooling thingie broken down huh

golden moon
now it stoped smelling but I am afraid sad
maybe I broke something...

I love my computer cry
I can't live without it!

Linkalicious
I run my comp overclocked all day long. big grin

I also keep it off when I'm not on it and have 7 fans instead of 2....but then again...i guess I'm just showing off. happybday

golden moon
lol

I am thinking of adding fans too shifty

Reborn Again
Just keep your computer in a well ventilated area and you won't smell burning, unless you're doing something with your computer that requires a little 'heat'? *lol*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.