Do you like the idea of Luke and Leia being brother and sister?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArthasKnight
Well, after reading an interesting debate in the "How would you have preferred the original trilogy to have ended?" thread I decided to poll everyone and see what they think. Go for it.

jedimaster2000
It doesn't really matter to me. I liked it the way it was.

Stealth Agent
Alot of people complain but i really dont mind. people say it ruined the whole trilogy i dont see how it did. So they kissed once, she kissed him to piss off Han. that is a little eerie but im cool.

Protector
They kissed twice once in ep4 on the cheek for good luck which is fine. And then in ep5 on the lips which is weird but it was to piss off Han Solo. So it was kind of ok but did you see Luke after the second kiss that was a little freaky.

macgeek2005
The classics are kind of weird all together.

Han: "Well, I guess this is it"

Leia: (in a really quiet, weird tone of voice) "That's right"

Han: (with a dorky look on his face) "Hey, don't get all mushy on me, so long princess"

Leia: "Han!, I thought you had decided to stay"

etc etc......

Han: "You want me to stay cause of the way you feel about me" WTF????

Leia: "That's right, your a great helper"

Han: "No, Not that. Come on"

Han: (dorkier than ever) "ahhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh come on".

The classics can get really weird sometimes. I prefer the prequels.

Darth_Janus
You're kidding me. The prequels had a dozen times more embarassing and odd moments in them then the sequels. The acting was outright awkward in many respects. And I find it amusing that people are hung up about Luke and Leia when they had Anakin "I could be Ted Bundy with my charm" Skywalker in AOTC. Just a thought...

Red Superfly
I have never cared about Luke and Leia being brother and sister.

It was Lucas' idea the whole time for them to be brother and sis.

I still don't care.

Lord Shadow Z
The only thing that disturbs me about this topic is that in Return of the Jedi Luke tells her of their relationship as siblings and she says " I know, somehow... I've always known". If this means what I think it shows then Leia has "always known" that they were related and intentionally kissed Luke like that in ESB. Ugh... sick

Darth_Janus
You're right. Hm. Alright, now that is kinda eerie. I have read huge posts on the issue, and you went and persuaded me with a short reminder. Great.

Though, to be fair, it's not a terrible issue. I could obviously forget about it.

Red Superfly
Yeah but lets be speculative for a minute here.

Rememeber when she kissed Luke? I dunno about you but Leia looked like she was thinking "That didn't feel right at all". That's just me and my interpretation though.

Yes, I must concede that the "I've always known" line is rather odd, but could also make sense given that when she kissed Luke, warning alarms went off that said in side her head: "this is wrong, stop it, you sick, drugged up freak". Maybe that's how she has "always known".

Darth_Janus
Could be. In any case, it's not like they pined for one another or anything.

Lord Shadow Z
Thank god she didn't have the hots for Vader

Darth_Janus
I'm surprised we live in a world where this garners more attention than a few things like oh... Vader orders the torture of his own daughter and then destroys her homeplanet of billions of people. I don't care how pretty you think your sister is, Vader is the one with serious ethical problems here. If people don't see that, someone, somewhere in grade school failed to reach out to you.

Jackie Malfoy
Welling being that is was like a soap ohea in that way and it was strange that they kissed each other before they knew it does not brother me at all.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.