"Super Premium Edition" Zelda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
In an interview with Gamespot, Reggie Fils-Aime stated that, "We want them to leave feeling that 'Wow, Zelda is going to be a huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game,' which we'll make available."

"Super Premium Edition"? While everyone ponders whether that's even allowed by the English Language, I know exactly what I want in my SPE Zelda, which I will put down money for in the nearest video game retailer the day after E3 ends (Okay, not the NEAREST, cuz that's Wal-mart, but the next place after that.).

A GC disc containing Link's Awakening (since that's the only Zelda game I haven't played on the GC), An official Nintedo timeline, a "making of" that focuses on the whole series, and a playable level of the new game.

A Master Sword letter opener.

A set of action figures of the new game's main characters.

A 14 karat gold replica of the Triforce.

A Link hat. C'mon, you know YOU want one.

A replica fairy suspended in a corked glass bottle with a label reading: "FAIRY Use if suffering from serious injuries or death for instant healing"

An Ocarina of Time (complete with time travel and warp effects).

A personal tattoo artist to tattoo the Triforce onto my left hand.

A version of Wind Waker that really DOES look like the new game. (You suck, EGM! mad )

What do you guys want from YOUR Super Premium Edition Zelda (or think will ACTUALLY be in there)?

JKozzy
Do they have that, or something?

General Kaliero
That was this year's distasteful EGM April Fool's, much to my chagrin.

THIS, however, is Reggie's words, and my ideas about what it SHOULD contain but most likely won't.

UTB_Amon
you didn't just go a little over the top on that list, did you?
just about any effct from the series Zelda fans have ever wanted(give or take a few) rolling on floor laughing

Smasandian
EGM's joke wasnt distasteful. Its completely ludicrious that Nintendo would do that.
Distasteful would be liking saying Nintendo will have dirty hookers in its next game.

JKozzy
droolio

General Kaliero
Originally posted by UTB_Amon
you didn't just go a little over the top on that list, did you?
just about any effct from the series Zelda fans have ever wanted(give or take a few) rolling on floor laughing

Over the top? I don't know what you're talking about... stick out tongue

Oh, and I also want an official Zelda soundtrack anthology with every substantial peice of music in the series, fully orchestrated, of course.

@ Smasandian: Why would it be completely ludicrous? Nintendo has been generous in bonus offers before, and after the slew of complaints about the graphics despite the game's other amazing attributes, why wouldn't you want to round off the package to please fans AND give a hint of what is to come at the same time?

ArthasKnight
14 karats? Not asking for much, are you? But seriously...
I wouldn't mind the Master Sword letter opener.

General Kaliero
I was gonna say 24 karats, but I thought that was just a tad over the top.

New item: Maps of each different version of Hyrule, complete with callouts revealing item locations, secrets, and Pieces of Heart!

Smasandian
Think about it?
Its a completly different game than the new one. It would take alot of time to redesign the entire Wind Waker game. Alot of time. Which means more money and less time to develop the newer game.
The would have to redo all the textures, character designs, cutscenes etc..etc.
Also, they wouldnt do that because it would completly be a PR nightmare. IF they spend all this time redesigning the look, they should of done it in the first place.
They are generous, but they're not going to take all the time to redesign a game that was released a couple of years ago and the same system.

bigkev99
first of all the wind wakers graphics were good and that is how they should stay
second of all they should give out the majories mask as a free gift

Darth Jello
I'd take the three GB games and the two NES games, only remade and remixed, preferably by the same team that did such a good job on metroid zero mission

JToTheP
I thought this was an April fool's joke, why is this still on the internet? If Nintendo ever intends to put Link's Awakening on a disc, (which is doubtful since it's remade for GBA), it will probably be how the Collector's Edition was, a prize for registering games & consoles, or with new consoles.

General Kaliero
Link's Awakening wasn't remade for the GBA. A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda, and LoZ II: Adventure of Link were remade for the GBA (LoZ and AoL were Classic Series ports), but not Link's Awakening.

JToTheP
It was early so I f***ed all that up, I meant Link To The Past. Link's Awakening isn't even classic though to me, I perfur the Oracle saga, OoT, and Link To The Past, and Zelda 1.

General Kaliero
A Link to the Past is my personal fave, followed closely by Wind Waker and OoT (tied).

But Link's Awakening is the only Zelda I haven't played yet, besides those Phillips-CDi games that I swore I wouldn't even touch.

JToTheP
Originally posted by General Kaliero
A Link to the Past is my personal fave, followed closely by Wind Waker and OoT (tied).

But Link's Awakening is the only Zelda I haven't played yet, besides those Phillips-CDi games that I swore I wouldn't even touch.

It wasn't that good, you had to find 20 Seashells to get the Level-2 Sword power-up, which was close to the best item in the game as soon as you got it, which made it ridiculous anyway. At least in Link To The Past, the Golden Arrow was superior to the Level 4 Master Sword, and in Ocarina Of Time the Master Sword had no superior.

All bad parts about it aside, it's a Zelda none the less, unlike those garbage Phillips-CDi games, which don't even let you play as Link to begin with.

Darth Jello
Link's awakening was brilliant, especially if you like link to the past.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.