Hellraiser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
Gotta have a Hellraiser discussion!

Anyway, here's the trailer to Hellraiser: Deader, on DVD June 7.

http://www.dougbradley.co.uk/hiddenbox_deader.php

SlipknoT
Sweet, but we alreadt have a thread for Hellraiser.

Wolfie
We did until BF moved it to the DVD Talk forum as it was turning into a DVD discussion rather than a discussion about the movies themselves.

SlipknoT
Oh, ok then.

Darth Odious
TOYMAKER: And what do you believe in?
PINHEAD: Nothing... I am so exquisitely empty.

Cinemaddiction
Best. Dialogue. Ever. Pretty snappy trailer, but did anyone else have issues with the sound, like..not hearing it..? confused

loserib
hells yeah its about time deader get a release

Pandemoniac
I don't know... seems to me the Hellraiser-series took a serious downfall in quality after the first 2 movies. Part 3 and 4 had they're moments but didn't get close to the atmosphere and originality of 1 & 2.
I saw Hellraiser:Hellseeker a few weeks ago and that really disappointed me, not even a mere shadow of the original!
So I have my doubts 'Deader' can bring the series back to life (or in this case, death)...

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Best. Dialogue. Ever. Pretty snappy trailer, but did anyone else have issues with the sound, like..not hearing it..? confused
I heard it fine. blink

Azrael01
Its about time now when is hellworld coming out

Wolfie
September 6.

Deano
it better be....cos maybe...maybe...we'll tear your soul apart!!

Deano
trailer looks crap

hellraiser was better when it was british directed...it had more atmosphere

Azrael01
cool waiting for ever for them to come out I hope they are good and not crap. yes

Wolfie
True they can't beat the first couple Hellraisers but I liked them all, some more than others. embarrasment

Deano
Don't debate with me, Wolfie!!! Just come here and die while you still have the
option of doing it quickly!

Azrael01
I didn't like Inferno all that much it was good but not as good as others. Iiked hellseeker though that one was good. I liked bloodline though I don't know why people don't like it.

Wolfie
Bloodline's in space, that's why. laughing out loud

Yeah, Inferno's my least favorite. It's not bad as a stand-alone movie, just not good as a Hellraiser movie. It's like, they had the story and thought, "How can we sell DVDs? Stick Pinhead in it!"

Azrael01
Event Horizon was in space and it was good

Azrael01
Event Horizon was in space and it was good
Inferno didn't even have pinhead in it that much it was like like he just made a guest apperance.
Seemed like they thought its a hellraiser movie guess we gotta show pinhead

Wolfie
I mean horror icons being placed into space doesn't always turn out too well.

Yeah, and I didn't care for the cenobite they did show throughout the movie.

Azrael01
It worked for jason and the leprachaun.
Was it with the cenobites that were like bondage twins or something I can't exactly remember.

SlipknoT
Anyone Collect the Action figures?

Evil Dead
I rather enjoyed Bloodline..........good story, with or without the Pinhead character that people love so damn much.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Azrael01
It worked for jason..

/drevil

Riiiiiiiighhhhhttt......

/enddrevil

botankus
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I rather enjoyed Bloodline..........good story, with or without the Pinhead character that people love so damn much.

I agree. The special effects weren't outstanding but better than what you could tell the budget was.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Azrael01
It worked for jason and the leprachaun.
Was it with the cenobites that were like bondage twins or something I can't exactly remember.
Yeah, they were pretty cool.

The Chatterer is back in the upcoming two movies. He's my favorite of Pinhead's lackies. big grin

Originally posted by SlipknoT
I have a Pinhead....

Azrael01
Yeah I got Pinhead, Cd, Butterball, Chatterer, one wire twin, Chatter Beast, Stictch, and Julia. Would have more but they are hard to come by.

ring3now!
**** PINHEAD HE"S A ****ING WANKER AND ALL THE ****ING HELLRAISER MOVIES,ALL OF THEM ****ING SUCK THE BIGGEST CROP OF SHIT IVE EVER ****ING SEEN WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

ring3now!
YES

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by ring3now!
**** PINHEAD HE"S A ****ING WANKER AND ALL THE ****ING HELLRAISER MOVIES,ALL OF THEM ****ING SUCK THE BIGGEST CROP OF SHIT IVE EVER ****ING SEEN WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

....the ****...? What the f**k?

Azrael01
um ok just calm down there roll eyes (sarcastic)
If you don't like the movie just say so. You don't have to go psycho.

Pandemoniac
Yeah dude! Having a different taste in horror compared to the other guests here can be respected, but your ways of expressing that fact can not. Just don't go to treads like this and gain a few years to your lifespan, since your typing obviously was the result of some heartpopping irritation. You're acting like a choirboy purposely walking in to a hardrockbar and going all insane on the inhabitants and kicking stuff over because their taste is just not your cup of tea. Chilllll

Deano

talkin out ya bastard ass

whats your fav horror films?
actually dont answer that

Evil Dead
he doesn't like horror films........he likes movies like The Ring.

mr-savonty

Are you mad?! are you madder than Brian mad of mad castle?! are you?! you don't just jeopardise the hellraiser franchise with comments like that.....were your parents angry? were they? AY?! ya lil shyit I'll give you a reason to be angry....I'll knock ten pints of shit outa ya in front of ya lil friends here

Wolfie
Originally posted by Evil Dead
he doesn't like horror films........he likes movies like The Ring.
laughing Well put!

SlipknoT
**** PINHEAD HE"S A ****ING WANKER AND ALL THE ****ING HELLRAISER MOVIES,ALL OF THEM ****ING SUCK THE BIGGEST CROP OF SHIT IVE EVER ****ING SEEN WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT! The only word that comes to mind is idiot...

Deano
The only word that comes to mind is idiot...

i can think of a few more words

Wendigo
To ring3now If u dont like hellraiser dont watch it man and I would LOVE to see u run into pinhead in the middle of the night lol

ring3now!
For a start I say what I want when i want okay boys and hellraiserhas sucked u all in it is ****ing gay

ring3now!
You are a wanker mate Very Very sad

Wendigo
What the ???????????

Wendigo
I KNOW who's sad here!

Azrael01
You are a wanker mate Very Very sad
Did you just call yourself a wanker laughing thats what it looks like your talking back to yourself.
oh yeah and get a life wink

Wendigo
lol What a dickhead

SlipknoT
I dont think he'll be around to long

Deano
For a start I say what I want when i want okay boys and hellraiserhas sucked u all in it is ****ing gay

no one is saying u cant say what u want...go ahead...say what u please..enjoy yaself....i doubt anyone will listen

Cinemaddiction
Oi..roll eyes (sarcastic)

tabby999

the saddest part about this post and this person is that they're sullying the good name that australians like me works so hard to build wink

Cinemaddiction
Being a big Hellraiser fan, I'm ashamed to axe this, but does anyone know if the majority of the dialogue in the Hellraiser films originate in the book(s), or are they straight from Clive Barker?

Deano
the first chapter is worth reading again and again, but the film version of this story has much better dialogue and the actors give such splendid performances that it is unlikely I will ever want to read this book cover to cover again

i assume the dialogue is different slightly

tabby999
are the books just named Hellraiser as well or are they under a different moniker?

Azrael01
As far as I know there is just one book the hellbound heart I liked it read the whole thing in one night. But it is different than the movie some of the same diologe i think. There also the graphic novels I have three of them some of the stories are good.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I don't know... seems to me the Hellraiser-series took a serious downfall in quality after the first 2 movies. Part 3 and 4 had they're moments but didn't get close to the atmosphere and originality of 1 & 2.
I saw Hellraiser:Hellseeker a few weeks ago and that really disappointed me, not even a mere shadow of the original!
So I have my doubts 'Deader' can bring the series back to life (or in this case, death)... Your right. I did like pt 3 and 4 but I'll admit nothing beats part 1, and the even better part two. First two were better made, not budget wise because, Bloodline from what I can recall had a decent budget, but that 1 and two were so epic in scope. The direction was better and more focused. The characters made sense. Although Barker only intended the first one to be made, based on the novella The HellBound Heart, I think the second one let us in on the things that we always wondered about hell and how pinhead came to be and thats whats so cool about it. I do like the other ones( Pinheads entrance is what I'm always waiting for)but they just can't live up to the old ones. But f*uck it, I still love them. They just need to get the old musical score back into the pictures, just for the grand entrances of the centibites at least, I'll never get tired of hearing that music of pain.
Pinhead: Hell is much more orderly now, princess...and much less amusing. mad

Darth Odious
You are a wanker mate Very Very sad What a nutcase. What did you get molested by a Cenobite when you was wittle?
Did Pinhead take you behind the furnace in the celler and touch you in the pants? Is that why you no likey Hellrasy? Go cry in your room dude, not here.
Then kill yourself.hangSee? Follow the bouncing ball and all will be well.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by Darth Odious
What a nutcase. What did you get molested by a Cenobite when you was wittle?
Did Pinhead take you behind the furnace in the celler and touch you in the pants? Is that why you no likey Hellrasy? Go cry in your room dude, not here.
Then kill yourself.hangSee? Follow the bouncing ball and all will be well. Please...feel free...explore..

And to think....I hesitated.....

Deano
Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

loserib
your pain will be legendery even in hell

Wendigo
I seen the first when I was 12 and it scared me for weeks

Darth Odious
HONK! HONK! I'M PINHEAD BEEOTCH!

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Deano
Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

... and we're here to turn up the volume! (sinister laughter added)

ring3now!
I dont think he'll be around to long

I will be sticking my 2 bob in once a month every month I will ''star'' in a new forum this month it's hellraiser. Happy Dance

el barto_1
hellseeker was an incredible amount of shit after that i just don't feel like see'ing the rest of'em

PRO-PAIN

Hahaha what an idiot, this guy cracks me up, and he's a fan of the ring movies? laughing

Ok in all honesty, the only Hellraiser movies I liked were the first two, just really couldn't get into the rest of them.

ring3now!
Originally posted by el barto_1
hellseeker was an incredible amount of shit after that i just don't feel like see'ing the rest of'em

Hey,Butthole Im the complainer ok, so get lost dickhead

Wolfie
Hellraiser: Deader comes out Tuesday for anyone that's interested.

exorcistlover
i love hellraiser it is one of my fav films and it would have to be bloodline as my fav one, i like the whole story to it and Clive Barker is amazing!

tabby999
love the first one, haven't watched the others. my friends didn't like it because it was slow but i found it to be quite intriguing

Wolfie
You should really check out the second one at least. The third one too maybe 'cause it continues from the second. After that, they just become different episodes.

exorcistlover
do you like clive barkers imagination? i think it is twisted nd cool!

seever333
i think "ring3now" just meant to put ringnow but instead put his age in the middle.....im younger but i at least act my age....but i have to say i prefer the ring over hellraiser

exorcistlover
no way hellraiser is sooooo much betta than da ring ! the ring is so boring! soz but i have to say that!

what is the new ring like (ring 2) i heard it was crap!

exorcistlover
smile

Wolfie
I bought Deader yesterday. I'd have to say, I enjoyed it as much as Bloodline.

But what we need is a movie where Pinhead is in the majority of it.

seever333
the ring 2 was terrible i mean she didnt even climb up the well....she ROLLED up it...pathetic...but the first one was brilliant

seever333
i probably dont like hellraiser because i dont care much for gore...i think it was EvilDead that said this: "gore is the cheap way out" and i agree 100%

Wolfie
Gore is AOK in my book. Jump scares on the other hand....

eggmayo
What's with all the little kids arguing about the Ring?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by seever333
i probably dont like hellraiser because i dont care much for gore...i think it was EvilDead that said this: "gore is the cheap way out" and i agree 100%

"Hellraiser" didn't/doesn't use gore as a way out, it was a compliment to an intriguing story, because Clive Barker is a sadistic mother ****er.

A lot of people's fascination with the "Hellraiser" saga is superficial. Pinhead and copious, well designed gore seem to be the lure. It's so much deeper than that, and alls you have to do is pay attention to the narrative of the first movie, and what it stands for now.

"Hellraiser" is one of the first Horror films where people bring on their own demise, and there's really no interaction on the part of the would be killer. Curiosity and greed are the killers. Your curiosity opens the box, you unleashed the tortured souls, then they offer you the gift of immortality and pleasure in their pained world, which they make you believe is better than what the real world has to offer.

Clive Barker's imagination is just a Horror fans dream. Dominating dialogue, rich with prophecies and morbid little quips that draw you in, along with the incredible special effects/gore. Yum.

As for the films themselves, "Hellraiser" is my personal favorite. It sets everything up, and my only gripe is too little of Pinhead, who was actually credited as "Main Cenobyte". "Hellraiser 2" expands on the mythos, while touching on the original. We learn a little more about Pinhead and the cenobytes origins as well.

"Hellraiser 3" is my favorite, storyline wise. Pinhead is virtually incapacitated for a good 1/4th of the movie. He's helpless, and this time he's actually going to have to barter for his own soul, taking up a partner to eventually find and destroy the puzzlebox so he can control Earth, making everyone a damned soul. Only thing is, it suffers from a lot of early 90's action film cliches that were totally out of place like explosions, bad one liners, etc.

Wolfie
The thing that drew me away from Hellraiser 3 was I wasn't expecting them to replace the rest of the Cenobites with really lame ones. I liked Barbed Wire up until he started breathing fire. The rest I just laughed at. The only Cenobites (other than the original) that I really appreciated were the ones from Hellseeker.

Though Hellraiser 3 did feature Pinhead the most, didn't it? That was my beef with the original, not enough of the Cenobites. But when they were there, those scenes were the best.

curly 10
Hey, I really enjoy the hellraiser movies. I have seen 3 or 4 I think can anyone tell me how many there are, what they are called and brief outline of story as its really bugging me and you guys sound like the experts. I remember the first one is set in that house, then the one in the hospital, then one in space, is there also one that is like a cop/detective story. xxx

Wolfie
Hellraiser: Frank opened the box and was captured. His brother cut himself and bled on the floor, reviving Frank's body. He and his sister-in-law, Julia, lead men into the house so Frank can feed off them and become a whole person again. Kirsty opens the box and makes a deal with the Cenobites to give them Frank.

Hellbound: Kirsty is institutionalized where Dr. Channard is growing very curious about the box. As he tries to open the door to hell, Kirsty follows in hopes to bring her father back.

Hell on Earth: A man buys the column in which Pinhead rests. Pinhead wakes up and tells him to bring him victims in which help him escape the column. He is then set out to destroy the box so he will never return to hell.

Bloodline: A man in space is determined to close the gates to hell forever. Many generations of his family have tried and failed to close the gates in which his ancestor created with the box back in the 18th century.

Inferno: A detective solves the box as he chases a killer who leaves the finger of a child, who is still alive, at the scene of every crime.

Hellseeker: Kirsty's husband gives her the puzzle box for their anniversary. Soon after, they get into a car accident and Kirsty drowns. As time progresses, all signs are pointing to a homicide and not an accident.

Deader: A reporter finds this group of people who practice a ritual where they die and come back to life. Such things anger the Cenobites just as Frank did.

Hellworld is yet to come out.

kmcdude
What does evry1 think of Deader?

kmcdude
I know this is an old thread but it should come back,and now is the perfect time with Hellworld and Deader around the corner.

Wolfie
Well, I said before that I liked Deader. Of course, these direct-to-video Hellraisers don't compare to the first two but I enjoyed this one.

ED said he got it and I'll be awaiting to see what he thinks of it.

kmcdude
When is hellworld coming out?

I cant find Deader in australia sad

Wolfie
In the US, September.

kmcdude
If anyone knows how 2 go about finding these movies in A.U.S let me know

ragesRemorse
Man, i just watched deader. What a boring movie. This was a movie that had nothing to do with Hellraiser, the Hellraiser story just happened to be involved somehow. I like the idea that people are just creating different sotries around hellraiser, other than expanding on the original story. It seems that deader diddnt work out to well though. I thought hellseeker was better.

Wolfie
Better than Inferno....

beta-wolf_101
Has anyone seen Hellraiser:Bloodline? Its actually pretty cool except when its on its current events which is oddly enough takng place on space station but is goes back and shows all the desendents of the Toymaker and what happened to them. I hope I have this right may not but who really cares that much

Wolfie
I thought it was interesting to see how the box came about. After seeing Hellbound and watching how the Cenobites came to be, I wondered about the box. I found Bloodline to be pretty cool.

kmcdude
I wanna see Bloodline.........bad

Evil Dead
I own all the Hellraiser dvds.......

Hellraiser -awesome
Hellbound - awesome
Hell on Earth - decent
Bloodline - decent
Inferno - decent
Hellseeker - lame knock-off of Inferno
Deader - not so good

As far as the straight to video releases go.......

I really like Bloodline. Gives a much needed backstory to the Lament Congiguration. The stuff in the future I could have done without but oh well, I didn't write it.

Inferno is great. I liked the way they changed the direction of the series a bit. It reminds me a lot of Jacob's Ladder.

Hellseeker was a let down. Inferno worked because you didn't know the entire premise until the end of the film. Hellseeker brought nothing new as everybody knew the "twist" all the way through the film....as it was copied from Inferno.

Deader was pretty much just bad. It left so many questions that the film never bothered to even attempt to answer. For starters, how exactly do the Deaders come back to life? They did play with the mythology a little, even though they re-wrote the script (which wasn't originally a Hellraiser movie) to improve the continuity with the rest of the films.

The core of Hellraiser is sin/punishment. A person is condemned to hell because of their greed and/or lust. The series has strayed too much from the original concept that made the first two flicks great. Instead, they now focus on the Pinhead character and leave story/plot on the back burner. They need to get rid of Pinhead for a while........write stories based on the original concept and include other various cenobites with perhaps a cameo of Pinhead in one scene. I'm getting tired of them bringing down the value of films simply to show Pinhead on screen.

kmcdude
Thank's cool post

b-dan
not another one i hate it when htey continually make seqyuils like friday the 13th i only liked the first second and third same with hellraiser

beta-wolf_101
Deader is that the one with the guy who has amnesia or something and they suspect him of killing his wife or girlfriend or something I dun no haven't seen most of them in a couple of years

kmcdude
Deader is the new one.

Wolfie
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
Deader is that the one with the guy who has amnesia or something and they suspect him of killing his wife or girlfriend or something I dun no haven't seen most of them in a couple of years
I believe you're talking about Hellseeker.

kmcdude
Hellraiser kicks Ass!

beta-wolf_101
Originally posted by Wolfie
I believe you're talking about Hellseeker.

ok so whats deader about?

Evil Dead
Deader is about Kari Wuhrer being a newspaper reporter.........her boss sends her on assignment to investigate a cult called the Deaders. They are a group of people who kill themselves but somehow manage to come back to life (which is never explained in the movie by the way). She gets mixed up with them.....and Pinhead. It seems Pinhead is pissed because they are crossing worlds and coming back........and for some unknown reason the leader of the Deaders is yet another Decendent of LeMerchand (from Bloodline)..........

ragesRemorse
After watching deader i had the impression that someone wanted another hellraiser movie to be made. A wrter was sought and given a deadline for a draft. I believe that writer spent his entire time taking drugs and when the deadline came he realized he had spent his entire time and advance on drugs, so he pulled a story that he written a few years ago out of his drawer and just wrote pinhead into the story.

Wolfie
I believe that's what they've been doing since Inferno.

kmcdude
Inferno was fairly crap.

Evil Dead
Inferno was the best Hellraiser movie since Hellbound...............

beta-wolf_101
I haven't seen all of them and I am not sure if the ones I've seen are the right ones so I will leave my opinion open.

Wolfie
Inferno was the worst, IMO.

Evil Dead
meh.....to each his own.

I like Hellraiser because of the original idea.......lust/greed and the punishment that follows. I could care less about Pinhead.....he wasn't intergal to the story of the first one either. Inferno is one of the best examples in the series of the philosophy the original was based on.

Wolfie
Yes, but the the Cenobites are supposed to tear their souls apart as they did in every one other than Inferno. In Inferno, Pinhead put the guy into some time warp thing. Good for its own movie, bad for a Hellraiser.

Evil Dead
um....no...

In inferno he is not in some time warp.........he is in hell, constantly having to relive his misdeeds as punishment..........just as in Hellraiser 2 Frank is in hell, having to live with naked women moaning around him only to disappear when he goes to touch them...as punishment. I don't know where you're coming from on this.

Wolfie
I must've misunderstood it then.

kmcdude
Wonder how many more we will get to see?

Impediment
The Hellbound Heart is an awesome read, and Hellraiser the movie did a faithful adaptation. My favorite scene in Hellraiser was when Frank was being tortured by the Cenobites by being pulled apart with hooks, he actually ad-libbed a line that wasn't in the script by saying "Jesus Wept". I love that part. LOL

kmcdude
I have not read that book yet.......

Jason_Krueger
Check this out....

kmcdude
Sick picture,man

beta-wolf_101
Hmmmmm could I get both the name of the book and the author?

Wolfie
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker.

Wolfie
For those interested, Hellraiser: Hellworld comes out this Tuesday.

tpaquin
Didn't Deader come out like last tuesday?

Wolfie
Deader came out in June in the US.

papabeard
Im sure they will both be weak.

As usual first 2 films in the series are good, and the rest are rubbish, and lose what made the original good in the first place.

Clevinger
The best parts of hellraiser are 1 & 2.
Hellraiser 3 is pretty good.
The rest aren`t good enough...shame.

hellraiser34
I recently watched Hellworld. It was ok but not as good as the first and second. I did like Bloodline. The dogs were pretty cool. Apart from various vampire movies, Hellraiser will always be my favorite. I would love to have that box.

Wolfie
I found out on another message board about an Easter Egg on the Hellraiser: Deader DVD.

Go to the second page of the Special Features menu.
Go down to "Play Movie".
Press down on your remote.
Press right on your remote.
The puzzle box will be highlighted red.

It's a really cool short film called "No More Souls".

Wolfie
I just watched Hellworld. I'd have to say, it's one of the better DTV Hellraiser movies. It doesn't BS you as much with the fake realities. Is this real? Did this person really die? Nope. They get right into the deaths, which were all pretty cool.

It's not as cheesy as the cover makes it out to be. It's not about the Hellworld computer game, it's more about the Hellworld party.

cropsy_is_god
What do you guys think of for a final hellraiser have clive barker do the story and have all the cool demons from all the films and have a good story & loads of gore. They need to bring back butterball.

Myers Kicks Ass
i didnt really like hellworld cause pinhead doesnt mutter a single line as he kills someone not even a "time 2 play" which is 1 of the things i look forward 2 in a hellraiser flick
Deader was ok but it could of been better

cropsy_is_god
I love the first 2 Hellraisers the rest ive got to be in the mood for or i don't find them too entertaining.

steverules
I wish they would show all the hellraiser movie's on TV, that way I could just record them.

Deano
buy em

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.