Draft in 2006?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
WASHINGTON - If American forces aren't pulling out of Iraq in a year, a draft will be needed to meet manpower requirements, military analysts warned yesterday.

With recruitment lagging and no end in sight for U.S. forces in Iraq, the "breaking point" for the all-volunteer military will be mid-2006, agreed Law-rence-Korb, a draft opponent and assistant defense secretary in the Reagan administration, and Phillip Carter, a conscription advocate and former Army captain. They debated at a symposium on the draft yesterday.

"America's all-volunteer military simply cannot deploy and sustain enough troops to succeed in places like Iraq while still deterring threats elsewhere in the world," Carter concluded in the March issue of Washington Monthly magazine.

While conceding that the Army, Marines, National Guard and Army Reserve -- the branches serving most in Iraq -- face recruitment difficulties, military officials have denied any plans to revive the draft, which in 1973 was replaced by an all-volunteer force.

"The 'D-word' is the farthest thing from my thoughts," Army Secretary Francis Harvey said last week. He said the all-volunteer force has proven its value, and he applauded the performance of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

During his re-election campaign, President Bush declared flatly that he would not reinstate the draft. And there is little support on Capitol Hill for conscription

I hope this Dosent happen, I'll be 18 then.

LanİeWindu™
Even if there is a draft...I can't join, I have arthritis, acute asthma, and I'm flat footed.

Afro Cheese
If I can't get into college and they reinstate the draft I might just join voluntarily before they can draft me anyway.. that way I at least might be able to choose what branch of the military I want to be in (Army, Navy, Marines, etc.)

Alpha Centauri
Bush said that he wouldn't reinstate the draft.

.....But given that George W. Bush JR has the cognitive attributes akin to a common jungle sloth, I'd say that's not much to go by.

-AC

gls
i jus turned 18 a few weeks ago... and this fall i'm starting college...

finti
he he left, left left,right, left

Tptmanno1
That would suck becuase thats the year Im graduation High School...
Not good for me...

BackFire
Nah, won't be happening. People wouldn't stand for it.

Klogz
What's drafting?

SlipknoT
Where they make you join the army against your own will if they need soldiers for war, its very ****ed up.

LanİeWindu™
Yeah, they make you fight a war, even if you don't believe in it.

finti
in Norway we have mandatory military service

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bush said that he wouldn't reinstate the draft.

.....But given that George W. Bush JR has the cognitive attributes akin to a common jungle sloth, I'd say that's not much to go by.

There's a difference between being a liar and being stupid.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
If I can't get into college and they reinstate the draft I might just join voluntarily before they can draft me anyway.. that way I at least might be able to choose what branch of the military I want to be in (Army, Navy, Marines, etc.)
thats probably what i would do aswell

i wonder how much the population of canada would rise if there was a draft....

SlipknoT
I know that if there is a draft Im leaving the country.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by finti
in Norway we have mandatory military service Thats horrible.

finti
no we are a small country and we need a military defence.

SlipknoT
no we are a small country and we need a military defence. Are you in or did you serve?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
There's a difference between being a liar and being stupid.

Rather irrelevant seeing as Bush is both.

-AC

MF D00m
I hope they draft all the idiots who voted for him.

and his daughters. Which will never happen of course, but man I would give anything for that.

finti

SlipknoT
Sweet, what weapons did you get?

Arachnoidfreak

-AC

I found this true, funny, and sad all at the same time.

finti
we got the standard weapon the Norwegian armed forces use it is called AG-3

a bit about the Home Guard

click the link to show weapons then click ag-3 under handweapons

Lord Shadow Z
I think if there was a draft forced in Britain the public will tell Tony Blair to **** off. We as a nation show our strength every time the PM tells us to do something we know is wrong and we are becoming more brave in protesting against immoral causes. What'll he do? lock us all up for refusing to assist in an already illegal invasion. As for America, Bush can easily get a large majority of supporters by playing the 'we are christians and we must defeat the Iraqi satanists' or something to that effect.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha the British general public are among the weakest.

Believe everything they're told, celebrity worshipping, trend-fellating idiots.

-AC

Lord Shadow Z

-AC

Oh yeah, and of course you inhabit the most perfect civilization on earth.
How mistaken of me... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Iraqi satanist`s laughing out loud ohyeah that will draw huge numbers to the recruitment offices laughing out loud

Lord Shadow Z
Iraqi satanist`s laughing out loud ohyeah that will draw huge numbers to the recruitment offices laughing out loud

The soldiers and the majority of the public have bought everything else about this war, why not that?

Mist
if i was american, and they pulled out the old draft, id tell them to go f**k themselves.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Mist
if i was american, and they pulled out the old draft, id tell them to go f**k themselves.

Good on you.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by MF D00m

Funny enough, during the vietnam war it seemed that it was the middle and especially the lower classes that were effected by the draft. So all of Bush's wealthy friends and supporters have nothing to worry about.

Mist
bush should go fight his own war instead of draggin the rest of the world into it. he caused this crap, he should fix it.

and if aussie land gets attacked because of howard, ill kill him.

finti
well if you dont see it yourself then ...................

Linkalicious
better war than...jury duty

IceWithin
Being in the Army can't be as bad as people say... I wouldn't like going... but I certainly wouldn't hate it...

KharmaDog
Originally posted by IceWithin
Being in the Army can't be as bad as people say... I wouldn't like going... but I certainly wouldn't hate it...

Being in the army doesn't suck. Being stuck in a sh*thole of a country for no good reason, living in unbearable conditions, not knowing who's your ally or who's your enemy, watching friends die or innocent people suffer, being shot at, wounded or killed is what sucks.

finti
be in the line of hostile fire for a couple of days and then come back and say the same

IceWithin
I don't agree with any of you... but thanks for quotin

finti
have you any military experience?

KharmaDog
I don't agree with any of you... but thanks for quotin

So are you saying that being stuck in a sh*thole of a country for no good reason, living in unbearable conditions, not knowing who's your ally or who's your enemy, watching friends die or innocent people suffer, being shot at would be a pleasant experience?

In that case sign up, they love people like you in the military.

Linkalicious
If a draft does happen...I want to be the first person to personally ask President Bush if this was the freedom he is always talking about?

Then I'd ask why his daughters didn't get drafted.

Then I'd wait for THE face and the slight head turn in bewilderment.

Seriously, if I'm forced to go to war...I'm going to be such a piece of sh!t. I'll kill anything that moves just so it isn't a threat to me. Human's rights activists will hire assassins just to end my inhuman treatment of others. Screw them....screw anyone that gets in the way of me living my life.

Tex
Originally posted by MF D00m

and his daughters. Which will never happen of course, but man I would give anything for that.

clapping

Mainstream
fighting19 I say let Bush and his homies go fight their own war!

Clovie
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I hope this Dosent happen, I'll be 18 then. I've been looking at this word for quite a long time... and in the end i got it...but why is it written with capital letter?

Mainstream

botankus
Originally posted by Clovie
I've been looking at this world for quite a long time... and in the end i got it...but why is it written with capital letter?
This quote just confused the hell out of me at first. First I thought it was leading up to a deep, psychological analysis of earth and world we live in.

Then I realized it was just a confused remark pertaining to a post made by someone who just can't type.

Clovie
Originally posted by botankus
This quote just confused the hell out of me at first. First I thought it was leading up to a deep, psychological analysis of earth and world we live in.

Then I realized it was just a confused remark pertaining to a post made by someone who just can't type. sorry i caused confusement, i can't type as well.

and if you really want to hear deep psychological analisys of the world... ask someone who really can tell something wise.

botankus
Originally posted by Clovie
sorry i caused confusement, i can't type as well.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you as the one who couldn't type, I was referring to the user that you quoted! big grin

KidRock
Oh well it wont effect me.

manny321
You live in Mexico??? or your under 18 or very very old??? Or you think it won't happen.
I think the a lot of people would leave the country. When i mean a lot i mean 100,000 or so. Many would cause protest that would make the LA riots look like nothing. I saw a lot of problems would devlop, and as A Canadian if this happen your welcome to come here and anywhere else.

WindDancer
Personally is not going to happen. If it does...oh well, it does.

manny321
There is a tiny cyhane of it happening and i think The american people won't fall for that again. Put doesn't it needed to be passed by congress and such???

Linkalicious
I pick a gun up to defend my nation. Not to go pick on another nation.

manny321
and the draft will apply to the last part right???

Linkalicious
Yes.

I don't see the government declaring another war, and I don't see them truly needing to resort to a draft, but if it came down to it....I'd rather be arrested as a traitor than go to war for something I don't believe in...

Someone bombs Staple Center, The Pond, or drops troops off on my beach....I'll be the first one waiting with a gun. Otherwise, keep me away from war.

SlipknoT
Being in the Army can't be as bad as people say... I wouldn't like going... but I certainly wouldn't hate it... I know I would hate it, I hate authority.

jaden101
good ol European human rights laws would prevent this happening to us UK citizens

aaahhh...the EU....good to know that they are good for something

Jackie Malfoy
I don't think that is going to happen.But it is a scary thought.JM

smoker4
A bit of military service is a good thing

BackFire
Originally posted by smoker4
A bit of military service is a good thing

Not if it's forced upon an individual.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Fighting for freedom is like f*cking for virginity, especially when you end up ****ed anyway.

Military service should never be forced. Anyone dumb enough to WANNA join should be allowed, but never forced.

-AC

Lana
Exactly.

Fighting for freedom is like f*cking for virginity, especially when you end up ****ed anyway.

Military service should never be forced. Anyone dumb enough to WANNA join should be allowed, but never forced.

-AC

I think the actual quote is "fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity" wink

Alpha Centauri
I know.

Sorta thought freedom was more applicable.

-AC

Red Superfly

-AC

I cannot disagree with this. 90% of men and women in this country are f**king idiots. It's true.

KharmaDog
Exactly.

-AC

Although I think a draft is absolutely wrong (in this case anyway) I think
that it's pretty ignorant to think that you have to be dumb to join the military.

Alpha Centauri
Obviously there are MANY avenues in joining the military. Alot of the people in the military don't even get anywhere close to fighting.

I think that if you join because you want to fight unquestionably for your country, then you're an idiot.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, won't be happening. People wouldn't stand for it. Why are they standing for that stoopid Patriotic act? So wrong, so SO worng.

Stupid Bush! glare

Alpha Centauri
To paraphrase Obi Wan: Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot, or the one who believes and follows the idiot?

A majority of the US voters wanted George Bush as their president and as a result, wanted what he is bringing to their country.

If you voted for Bush or didn't vote, anything he does, is because of you. You put him there, you accept it.

-AC

lil bitchiness
To paraphrase Obi Wan: Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot, or the one who believes and follows the idiot?

Better edit that.

Its a true statement, by Obi Wan. (that sexy hoe!)

Alpha Centauri
Why edit it? Just out of curiousity.

Wait....I swear Hayden is Anakin not Obi-Wan. Or do you like Ewan McGregor also? You harlot.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Ewan McGregor is da shit. Scottish, and so scruffingly good. HAyden is good too.

And I edited cos i wrote -

''Obi Wanker Nobby perv''

Alpha Centauri
You sly, sly boots.

Why you....I'll get you one day.

-AC

lil bitchiness
perv

But till then, I shall say all kinds of unexpected stuff!

Lana

-AC

happy Star Wars....eek!

actual quote: "Who's the bigger fool? The fool or the fool who follows?"

manny321
Joining the army to fight in Iraq and to protect your country your an idiot because you believed an idiot.

lil bitchiness
Protect your country?

I was not aware Iraq ever threatened America.

Alpha Centauri
You know Milla, I was thinking the same thing.

-AC

Klogz
Oh I see. We don't have that. That's stupid.

fruits
i would be perfectly fine being drafted. i feel america has done so much for me, i should do something for her

Alpha Centauri
Her? It's land. It doesn't care whether you defend it or not.

If the majority of Americans who choose to have their voice heard, really gave a shit about "her", they wouldn't have elected an idiotic madman to run the damn place.

-AC

fruits
bush is awesome!!

KidRock
4 more years! haha

Alpha Centauri
Bush isn't awesome, he's the worst president you could have picked.

It doesn't affect me directly, I'm from England.

All you could say to my post is "bush is awesome!!!" and "4 more years! haha".

I'm just pointing out that you put your beloved piece of land into the hands of a man who has the intelligence and logic of a common goldfish. A man who lied to you and a man who flat out said he doesn't care about Bin Laden. A man responsible for thousands of innocent American deaths.

Doesn't exactly scream "We love America".

-AC

Mist
"America...F**K YEAH"

ChickinMeat
Hmmmmm, i might get flamed for this comment, but its my opinion on it, but i dont get this patriotic crap.

For example, brits who say "England is the best", "Id do anything for england" (i know a few), Like why would you do anything for england? its not like you chose to live here, so why be proud?

Ou Be Low hoo

Only irrelevant in the concise context of the topic, but highly relevant in highlighting your confused analogy.

Patriotism is simply the feeling of an affinity with the country of your birth. I don't see a problem with that. It's jingoism which should be avoided and it's a sad fact that the majority of Americans confuse the two.

As for the draft...I doubt it will happen.

ChickinMeat
may i ask what jingoism is?

and i never said it was a problem, i just said i dont get it. at all.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Lana
happy Star Wars....eek!

actual quote: "Who's the bigger fool? The fool or the fool who follows?"

I think it goes more like this:

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

(sorry for bringing you up on that)

manny321
i think its more nationalism in America then patriotism.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
Hmmmmm, i might get flamed for this comment, but its my opinion on it, but i dont get this patriotic crap.

For example, brits who say "England is the best", "Id do anything for england" (i know a few), Like why would you do anything for england? its not like you chose to live here, so why be proud?

I love Britain, but I am not afraid to admit that Blair is an idiot .Does this mean I hate Britain? No, it means I hate blair and his stupid ass and shitty policy. Blair does not equal Britain.

You can love your country, and hate the leader, but for many Americans, this doesnt seem to be the case.

If you love your country, you'll do whats best for it and people in it, not what a power-hungry-money-grabbing-bible-clutching-gramatically-challanged idiot who happens to be in power tells you.

Alpha Centauri
Let it not be misunderstood. I don't hate Britain.

There are many things currently that I love about it, but it's mainly historical.

All we're interested in portraying is worthless self-parodying images.

-AC

Linkalicious
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Why are they standing for that stoopid Patriotic act? So wrong, so SO worng.

Stupid Bush! glare

The Patriot Act, as bad as it is portrayed, does NOT affect even 1% of Americans in their day to day activities.

A Draft would affect everyone. Be it the young adults shipped off to war, or their families and friends who may have to suffer a loss.

A draft is a much much worst attack on personal freedom than the Patriot Act....only because the government doesn't choose to constantly pick on US citizens. They pick on foreigners.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Linkalicious
The Patriot Act, as bad as it is portrayed, does NOT affect even 1% of Americans in their day to day activities.

A Draft would affect everyone. Be it the young adults shipped off to war, or their families and friends who may have to suffer a loss.

A draft is a much much worst attack on personal freedom than the Patriot Act....only because the government doesn't choose to constantly pick on US citizens. They pick on foreigners.

Imma disagree.

I think the very idea that such act has been passed is horrible. Such policy is very dictatorship-like - its scary.

As for draft - yes its shit. The shittest thing would be that the people who are sent to war will be lower class kids.

Linkalicious
Oh, I agree with you there Lil. I did a report on the Patriot Act and the powers that the Act enables our government are horrendous...

but if you put it head to head with a draft....I'd say a draft is infinitly worst.

The draft would affect tens, if not hundreds of thousands of young adults and directly affect their families.

The Patriot Act affects a much smaller portion of the population, and even though it does things like enabling the government to hold you for an indefinite amount of time without probably cause, a warrant, or a subpoena....it doesn't put the lives of the person in direct risk.

Imagine yourself in prison because of the attrocity known as the Patriot Act. Then imagine losing a child because they were needlessly sent to a war that your child had no business participating in, in the first place. Which would you be more worried about? you getting out of jail, or the life of your child?

lil bitchiness
Oh I wasnt comparing the worsness of the Patriotic Act with the Draft. Well, wasnt my intention, apologies if it came across like that.

My point was, indeed, if people didnt stand for patriotic act, (i know some did) then how can then stand up for the draft...I hope they do, because not standing up for the draft would be criminal.

Linkalicious
The conditions were a little funny when the Act was created. The Patriot Act was signed and approved something like 11 days after 9/11 when the whole country was in disarray.

And it really didn't get that much attention until recently. I believe they are even trying to pass Partiot Act II which has some revisions that would enable the government even more power in some areas, while taking away some of the powers they gave themselves with the original Patriot Act.

The only way I could see America standing for a draft would be if another large scale terrorist attack happened in the US. Once pandemonium hits the streets....the government can do whatever they like and the public will unquestionably support their decisions.

KharmaDog
I think the Patriot act is pretty serious stuff.

The problem is the signing of the Patriot act seems to be contrary to everything that America was based on. Also it signifies the potential beginning of a slippery slope that gives the gov't too much unrestrained power.

As for the draft, I originally thought it would NEVER happen again, but then I remembered that you NEVER say NEVER.

lil bitchiness
The only way I could see America standing for a draft would be if another large scale terrorist attack happened in the US. Once pandemonium hits the streets....the government can do whatever they like and the public will unquestionably support their decisions.

Indeed.

On the general, as long as you scare someone about something, they will submit.

finti
guess someone forgott to tell Saddam that then

lil bitchiness
''If I give myself up, or even if I dont, America will bomb Iraq regardless''

^^ Saddam Hussein (not cited, since i dont know exact quote)

Linkalicious
Saddam is a pretty damn smart guy.

If Iraq actually did have WMD, then I wouldn't be surprised in the least that no one can find them.

I'm not one to say whether or not he had them, I'm just saying...if he didn't want anyone to find them....he could make it so they'd never be found.

WindDancer
''If I give myself up, or even if I dont, America will bomb Iraq regardless''

^^ Saddam Hussein (not cited, since i dont know exact quote)

Yeah, I also remenber him saying this:

"We are ready to sacrifice our souls, our children and our families so as not to give up Iraq."

And after the Bombing of the U.S.S Cole he clearly stated:

"Iraqis should intensify struggle and jihad in all fields and by all means."

finti
point is Saddam did not submit, regardless how they tries to "scare" him

WindDancer
Of course he didn't submit. The guy was already hidding in that hole for months when he made all his comments. Typical coward using big words to show defiant. Remind me so much of Noriega.

lil bitchiness
Saddam is a pretty damn smart guy.

If Iraq actually did have WMD, then I wouldn't be surprised in the least that no one can find them.

I'm not one to say whether or not he had them, I'm just saying...if he didn't want anyone to find them....he could make it so they'd never be found. Link, I think its just common sense -

If a country is being attacked and bombed (and has been done so for the past 13/14 years) and it had WoMD or any kinds of weapons, do you not think they would have used them?

Do you not think that if one country's cities and civilians are being bombed, they would use their so called WOMD to defend themselfs?

Why are they hiding them for? Danger? I think bombing and invading IS already a danger.

Originally posted by WindDancer
Yeah, I also remenber him saying this:

"We are ready to sacrifice our souls, our children and our families so as not to give up Iraq."

And after the Bombing of the U.S.S Cole he clearly stated:

"Iraqis should intensify struggle and jihad in all fields and by all means."

Which doesnt really make my quote of Sadam look any worse. Im not glorifying that man - but he knew the deal.

Just like Osama Bin Laden said that if he wanted to attack a country for its freedom, he would have bombed Switzerland.

Linkalicious
Link, I think its just common sense -

If a country is being attacked and bombed (and has been done so for the past 13/14 years) and it had WoMD or any kinds of weapons, do you not think they would have used them?

Do you not think that if one country's cities and civilians are being bombed, they would use their so called WOMD to defend themselfs?

Why are they hiding them for? Danger? I think bombing and invading IS already a danger.

No, I most certainly don't think they would use them....and for a couple of reasons.

For one, if he had those weapons, he had no method of delivering them 1/2 way across the world to their intended target. Another reason would be because for every one WMD his country has, his opposition probably has 2,500 nukes to match him. Saddam drops his nuke, and he's out of them. The US retaliates with a nuke, and they still have 9,999 more they can drop.

And no, i don't think that they would use WMD to defend themselves because then they would tarnish their innocent image. Saddam has done a great job of painting the United States as the wrong do'ers in this war....why would he resort to WMD which would ultimately make the United States actions more acceptable.

Why are they hiding them? Because the whole world is looking for them, specifically the US, who would like nothing more than to tell the UN Security Council "We told you he had them"

You think they're in danger now? Could you imagine how the entire world would react if they found a cache of nuclear warheads?

Needless to say, I'd think the US's "coalition of the willing" would be significantly larger in number had there actually been weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

lil bitchiness

For one, if he had those weapons, he had no method of delivering them 1/2 way across the world to their intended target. Another reason would be because for every one WMD his country has, his opposition probably has 2,500 nukes to match him. Saddam drops his nuke, and he's out of them. The US retaliates with a nuke, and they still have 9,999 more they can drop.

I still think they would have dropped a nuke. They are fundamentalists - for them, self sacrifice would be an honour, suicide bombers. Besides, if Sadam really cared **** all about his people, then he would have made sure hes safe, and dropped a nuke anyway.

Again, only speculations, couldnt say for sure.

And no, i don't think that they would use WMD to defend themselves because then they would tarnish their innocent image. Saddam has done a great job of painting the United States as the wrong do'ers in this war....why would he resort to WMD which would ultimately make the United States actions more acceptable.

''Garnish the innocent immage''

To whom?
Noone is supporting their troops, while Bush is invading. Noone can stop Bush (and noone is)

To whom are they trying to look innocent - to be honest, I dont think they give a rats ass what the west thinks. Even less so now, I think.

Why are they hiding them? Because the whole world is looking for them, specifically the US, who would like nothing more than to tell the UN Security Council "We told you he had them"

I think its only USA now that is looking for the WOMD. I believe the rest have already confirmed that there are none. (??)

You think they're in danger now? Could you imagine how the entire world would react if they found a cache of nuclear warheads?

Those would be speculations, I cant really comment on.

One thing I know for sure is that America would have gotten an apology and had its image restored (and maybe Bush's image, dunno)

Needless to say, I'd think the US's "coalition of the willing" would be significantly larger in number had there actually been weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Yes, I agree.

WindDancer

I think its only USA now that is looking for the WOMD.

I didn't know the USA was looking for the WOMD? stick out tongue

batman

finti
no wonder they didnt find anything, they were looking for the wrong stuff big grinbig grin

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by WindDancer
I didn't know the USA was looking for the WOMD? stick out tongue

batman

laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Linkalicious
''Garnish the innocent immage''

To whom?
Noone is supporting their troops, while Bush is invading. Noone can stop Bush (and noone is)

To whom are they trying to look innocent - to be honest, I dont think they give a rats ass what the west thinks. Even less so now, I think.

Tarnish their image....not garnish it. wink

Saddam made a pretty clear attempt to show the world that Iraq wasn't doing anything wrong...and that they were attacked without ever producing a threat to the United States.

Using WMD on the United States would have only made the US's claims about Iraq being a threat to world peace more concrete.

I don't even think they are looking for WMD any more, but that's just my opinion.

If Saddam used his weapons of mass destruction...the majority of the world would be against him. He had his work cut out for him with the US. Dropping bombs would only make his scenario worst.

As an American....I can only dream. sad

And the reason why I bring up this situation in general is....Saddam is no idiot. The guy was literally found in a whole in the ground. You really can't pick a better hiding spot than that, while staying in the country.

Based on where he was found, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's more hidden out in that desert than the rest of the world knows about.

lil bitchiness
From now on, those are only speculations - it could be one or the other, or it couldn't be. Either way, we cant say.

*kills link* that will teach you to point out my stoopid spelling mistakes mad

Linkalicious
Alright! You've convinced me! girls really don't get much better than you hug

I was going to drop the arguement right after you replied regardless of what you typed.

You're absolutely right...it's nothing but speculation.

Miss_Faye
I doubt it will happen, people don't see the point in this war, nonetheless the people better not stand for it shoot. I hate bush.

SlipknoT
I think this may be my first Non pointless thread smile

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
may i ask what jingoism is?

and i never said it was a problem, i just said i dont get it. at all.

Jingoism is extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy...Jingoistic is an adjective that perfectly describes both the majority of American people and the policies of their government.

ChickinMeat
ahhh right, i'll be sure to remember that!

im so useless at politics... sad

Ou Be Low hoo
It's not really about politics, it's about vocabulary.

ChickinMeat
well that proves how dumb i am then laughing

yeah anyways, i dont think i ever answered the threads question, my answer is no, i would totally put my footdown against a draft.

Cosmic_Beings
Lol, I remember when Bush said 'Let me get this clear: there won't be a draft! There just won't!'

He better hold up his word.

sk8stuff09
f*ck that i aint joining the gay a** us army beotch

manny321
you actuaclly trust him to keep his word.

Happy Dance laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing smokin' stick out tongue wink big grin smile

SlipknoT
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
f*ck that i aint joining the gay a** us army beotch thumb up

Dwarfdude
Its not just Norway that has mandatory mility service. Switzerland does too. 2 years, then 1 week of homeland defense seminars a year 'til your 60, or somthing. And every household must have one gun. Most armed country in the world, Switzerland.

Not that they'll ever need it. You'd have to be a) mad to attempt getting across the Alps, and b) you'd have to make it across the Alps.

But I digress.

As AC said, I wouldnt trust Bush's word, even if he could say "I give you my word".

Knowing how his father said "There will be no more taxes", do you really think that you can trust his son?

And on whether or not there were WMDs in Iraq, what I find so interesting is that the administration are saying "WMDs? What are those? Oh, no no no, we were doing it to free the people! Not because we were being shitheads and thought, without substantial proof, that there were weapons of mass whatsit!"

Effing morons.

But I swear to effing god that if they reinstate the draft, I will be smoking weed in Canada within 5 hours.

Christ I hate Bush.

speiderman
I think that bush should send his daughters over to Iraq and then we'll see how fast those troops get pulled out of Iraq.

manny321
Micheal Moore i think is an odd person but he made a point in Fahrenheit 9/11 that the people who will fight this war will be the people who are the poor. Or in other terms "the people's lives were ruining are the same people we send to war.

finti
most armed per capita

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.