Sin City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I can't wait for the DVD. Somebody was telling me that there is going to be more parts that were filmed on it. The movie had 3 parts but I hear that a couple more were filmed. Any info?

SlipknoT
I hope, Im getting it the day it comes out.

Cinemaddiction
If the writer of the actual strip were involved, given how well its done, I'm sure there will be a Director's Cut, in addition to a theatrical release.

MildPossession
This will be one added to my collection.

ickeris2003
this movie kicks ass i cant wait till it comes out on dvd!!! rock

loserib
yeah it was awsome

Cinemaddiction
I don't mean to piss on anyones perade, here, but lets try and keep the convo religated to the upcoming DVD release. There's a thread for discussing the movie in the Comic Book Movie forums. thumb up

Solo
Yeah, hopefully they make it two disks. One with the theatrical release and the other with a director's cut.

Jackie Malfoy
I might go see this movie this weeken.My boyfriend wants to see it.As for me I really don't care.JM

dber
I'll buy the DVD.

Rogue Jedi
FJ and i went to see this yesterday. it was awesome!!!

tabby999
hasn't even been released in Aus theatres yet, so i dont think the dvd will be out for a while.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by tabby999
hasn't even been released in Aus theatres yet, so i dont think the dvd will be out for a while.

Latly they b een puting out movies on dvd pretty fast so it may be on dvd sooner then you think.JM wink

Morpheus

FrankWhite69
yea this will be a great addition to any collection.

Solo
I just burnt this (off my computer, surprisingly great quality) and was once again amazed about how kick ass this movies is. So I'm pumped.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JNTX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Released Date: August 16,2005.

Cinemaddiction
Did you pay to see it in the theatre?

Myth
Sounds like he did since he said, "once again amazed." If not, burn him.

Cinemaddiction
Gotcha.

Solo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Did you pay to see it in the theatre?
Yep.

Andrew McLeod
Sweet! August 16th...I can't wait. I'm circling it on the Calendar in bright red ink.

LiL nAstY GirL
My brother pre-ordered it for me for my birthday

jason maddox
i already own the sin city dvd and the movie ****ing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myth
You don't have the real one though you thieving bastard. (no offense)

Korri
Originally posted by Myth
You don't have the real one though you thieving bastard. (no offense)

laughing out loud

Yesh, i shall be buying it droolio

Wolfie
There will be four collector's covers:
Hartigan & Nancy
Marv & Goldie/Wendy
Dwight & Gail
Jackie Boy & Shellie

Apparently it's only one disc and they plan on releasing a special edition later. When? I don't know.

Scythe
What the hell will the special edition have? Hopefully more nudity...

Cinemaddiction
Hmm..why the hell no Yellow Bastard cover? I'll get Marv & Goldie for now, update when the SE is released, just because I see myself wanting to watch it more than once before that time.

Solo
I'm not sure what I'm more excited about the release of Sin City or the release of Crash...

yerssot
can someone tell me if August 16th is a worldwide date or only for America?

Superfly4000
they have the dvd menu's at www.superherohype.com

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Solo
I'm not sure what I'm more excited about the release of Sin City or the release of Crash...

yeah i dunno...both are excellent movies

Scythe
Will there be more nudity? Must have an extra option for that...

LiL nAstY GirL
I'm soooooo mad right now. I'm going away on vacation on monday, and I went to try to see if I could get the movie early. So I walk into the store, and their's a whole shelf-full of them. So I grab one, and I take it to the counter, but the guy tells me that he can't give it too me, and thats not even the movie, just the cover. Meanwhile it has the anti-theft stuff, and he won't open it to prove its not the movie, after he said her would mad

Myth
Go back to another employee.

Wolfie
The SE will be released just before Christmas. That's not far away so I think I'll wait, maybe rent the DVD. If I do get it, it'd be if I plan on renting it like eight times and for the cool slip cover.

Myth
I will get it now, and then get it again. Yes I will.

Cinemaddiction
Eh, I'm still undecided. I have a feeling the single disc will have extras the 2 disc SE won't, like "Donnie Darko" did.

FFKadaj
so was sin city a good movie?

Wolfie
Well, I gave in and bought it. There were a couple reasons. One being the slip cover. Another being that I've been waiting for the SE of Jersey Girl for a while now like Kevin Smith said there will be and I've lost hope for it.

It was a good deal 'cause Best Buy gives out the A Dame to Kill For comic with the DVD.

Cinemaddiction
I'm passing. Robert Rodriquez already shared specs for the 2 disc, and not to forgot, El Mariachi was released in 2 different packages, Desperado twice, and OUATIM twice. It'll be along soon enough.

indie_director
I haven't seen Sin City yet. is it worth renting/buying? I know the visual style is cool.. but for someone who hasn't read the Frank Miller series which means I can't appreciate the way they follow the graphic novels... would it still be an entertaining movie? Like.. can you follow the story in the movie... or are there a couple (or many) things I won't get. For instance why you always need your towel (from "Hitchhiker's Guide"wink

Cinemaddiction
Rent it, and if you like it, wait for the 2 disc release. This barebones crap is pathetic.

indie_director
barebones crap? Are ye referring to the DVD that recently came out, that I heard was a little crappy?

Andrew McLeod
It is a little crappy but if you're just wanting the movie go for it. it was much cheaper too. I'm glad I bought it. The movie is good enough to stand alone. But I can't wait for a special edition...I'm still waiting for Kill Bill special editions though. lol

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by indie_director
barebones crap? Are ye referring to the DVD that recently came out, that I heard was a little crappy?

Yeah, it only has a short "Making of.." feature.

Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
It is a little crappy but if you're just wanting the movie go for it. it was much cheaper too. I'm glad I bought it. The movie is good enough to stand alone. But I can't wait for a special edition...I'm still waiting for Kill Bill special editions though. lol

How do you know that it's cheaper? The 2 Disc set will be cheaper, or include freebies, because that's standard fare for when money hungry distributors put out barebones films then SE's.

$15-$20 for a movie that will be loaded in a couple of months isn't worth it. Rent it for $4 and watch it once or twice. Still get your fix that way.

Andrew McLeod
It's cheap here in Canada. Special editions are usually like 40 bucks. This was only 20. I will buy the Special edition though. I did it with Pulp Fiction and I don't see why I can't with this. It makes it easier to lend movies out, you don't have to worry about parting with it.

Cinemaddiction
$40 US, or $36 Canadian for a 2 Disc SE of any movie you mean? That's ridiculous. Where are you shopping?

Andrew McLeod
Canada suffers from inflation when DVDs are shipped over. I dunno what it is but they go up in price and end up costing a fair bit more than usual.

MildPossession
I found movies expensive last time I was in Canada.

Anyway, I have decided I am going to wait for the 2 disc edition after reading about the single disc version. Or any other edition they bring out because region 3 usually brings out something worth getting.

Myth
I got mine today (Marv cover) and will be watching it once by myself, once with my family, and once with my friends on Friday when I move back to college. After that, who knows how many times I'll watch it before X-mas but it will be enough to make it worth buying early.

Cinemaddiction
Canada suffers from inflation when DVDs are shipped over. I dunno what it is but they go up in price and end up costing a fair bit more than usual.

Canadian dollars worth went up also, so the US conversion makes things about as expensive there than here. I didn't mean to give you guys a hard time, BTW. I just hate to see people blow money on stuff, because the greedy execs that doubledip are gettin' to you.

Myth
I keep my DVDs in great shape so I expect to be able to sell this one for $10 (if I can pull it off, I want to keep the slip cover for myself stick out tongue). That makes a $9 rental for 4 months. Not bad.

Cinemaddiction
If you guys haven't already gotten it, Circuit City is offering a 4 piece lithograph set FREE with purchase. Easily the best perk available.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Myth
I keep my DVDs in great shape so I expect to be able to sell this one for $10 (if I can pull it off, I want to keep the slip cover for myself stick out tongue). That makes a $9 rental for 4 months. Not bad.
That's what I'm planning on doing.

indie_director

do you know when they're gonna get here? it's taking long enough.. especially for vol. 1

Myth
I have a question for all of those who have bought the DVD so far. Mine appears to have a couple small glitches but I just want to make sure that it isn't just the DVD being edited poorly since they are all when camera angles change. Anyway, could anyone verify if there is an awkward spot in the editing when Marv is being shocked. He is shocked the first time and his head goes down, and then the camera angle jumps suddenly and he spits blood. He spits blood so fast after the angle change that it makes me think it may be a glitch. Could somebody verify if all the DVDs are like this or just mine.

Also there was another spot where the police are chacing Marv. He jumps out of the building and lands in garbage bags. It shows him rolling out of the bags then suddenly the angle changes and he is standing but stumbling. Does it do this or does it show him actually stand up like it seems like it should.

wuTa
my g/f rented it last night, we got to the part where marv hit the wolf(i don't know why i typed that, it was pretty damn irrelivent smile)... but to answer your question, i just checked the scene where marv jumps in the garbage bags, and he rolled than stood up

Myth
It didn't seem like it was sudden at all huh? In mine he is stumbling because he just stood up but it doesn't show him crouch or anything before he does. Hmm... well damn, now I have to make an extra trip to return it and get a new one and I'm swamped. Packing for college and I can't just wait for another day because I'll be living at college. Shit.

LiL nAstY GirL
I got back home last night...all the stores was close mad now I have to wait a little bit longer till I get it

indie_director

LiL nAstY GirL
I finally got it happy

Wolfie
It's been a week since it was released. Did you actually pay the full $20 for it?

indie_director
DVD's are 30 in Canada.. When's the spec. ed coming out again?

LiL nAstY GirL
Well my bro go it for me for my birthday so...

Wolfie
SE should be out before Christmas.

Snowbeast
I'm waiting for the Se before I buy this movie. I loved it.

Wolfie
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7667&n=1&burl=

Figures that it would include the only Sin City book I have.

makavelli
i really dont think there will be a 4th or 5th part. ive started to buy the set of comics. so in a couple of weeks ill let u know if there is anything missing from the movie.

Wolfie
The DVD menus have been added to that site I posted earlier. Pretty cool stuff.

MildPossession
Just saw that this re-rated edition with the book is coming out 13th December on a site I order from, is this the one worth getting or will there be different ones out?

Wolfie
That's the release to get. Whether there will be yet another edition coming out when say Sin City 2 comes out, is not announced.

MildPossession
I shall be pre ordering this then smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.