Isis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Anyone?

Discuss.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Yeah.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah what?

If you have nothing to say.........get out now.

-AC

Dragonnis
Isis it was great, ha

It suprised me they were touring with Tool, they seemed to have the music style that was nothing like Tool's, they had the regular screaming vocalist which seemed quite pointless to be touring with Tool. Their music was okay, and the concert I saw of them seemed like they listened to Lateralus for like a year straight and based what they played there off that. It took three guitarist of theirs to produce what many bands could with one, however, or atleast Tool and a few other good bands

Also at the Tool concert I went to, Isis got very little aplause, very little, they got most when they said here comes Tool. Then their backdrop was pulled down, and there was a tarp, the tarp was removed and it was Danny Carey's drumset, and that got 10x the aplause all of Isis did

Tptmanno1
I enjoyed their performance at the Tool concert.
They're good.
Might buy their new album.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dragonnis
Isis it was great, ha

It suprised me they were touring with Tool, they seemed to have the music style that was nothing like Tool's, they had the regular screaming vocalist which seemed quite pointless to be touring with Tool. Their music was okay, and the concert I saw of them seemed like they listened to Lateralus for like a year straight and based what they played there off that. It took three guitarist of theirs to produce what many bands could with one, however, or atleast Tool and a few other good bands

Also at the Tool concert I went to, Isis got very little aplause, very little, they got most when they said here comes Tool. Then their backdrop was pulled down, and there was a tarp, the tarp was removed and it was Danny Carey's drumset, and that got 10x the aplause all of Isis did

Tool fans, stereotypical ones anyway, have a tendancy to be partisan idiots. They booed Mike Patton also, so I wouldn't let their reactions be anything to go by.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Isis is like the word is but said again.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Isis is like the word is but said again.

Some Terry O' Flan.

-AC

~Da Rev~
Isis are definatly a damn good band. I've listened to random songs of theirs because of the fact that they were touring with Tool, so I figured they had to be a decent band. Not that i'm putting Tool on a pedistol to be religiously worshiped as the greatest hard rock band out there cough.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Tool fans, stereotypical ones anyway, have a tendancy to be partisan idiots. They booed Mike Patton also, so I wouldn't let their reactions be anything to go by.

-AC

To me, Mike Patton is second to Maynard. Actually...its a really close second. Mike Patton is the shit.

Dr. Strangelove
Cool band. Enjoyed them at the Tool concert, and they got a nice reception. It must be the North Cal love.

What's everyone's favorite album?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~

To me, Mike Patton is second to Maynard. Actually...its a really close second. Mike Patton is the shit.

Personally I'd say Patton is second to no-one, with the possible exception of Prince.

Maynard is an excellent vocalist in the one of the world's greatest bands- Patton has created or been the main component of several of the world's greatest bands.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Cool band. Enjoyed them at the Tool concert, and they got a nice reception. It must be the North Cal love.

At the moment I like Oceanic.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Maynard is an excellent vocalist in the one of the world's greatest bands- Patton has created or been the main component of several of the world's greatest bands.

This is true hmm

I was just speaking on a personal level. But as for musical quality and ability, I would have to agree with you.

Alpha Centauri

Probably Oceanic also. It's really between that and Panopticon anyway, I think those two albums are when they really became a great band.

-AC

Dragonnis
That's cool, I've respect for the band, not a huge taste in them, and I found it tragically comical people's reaction to them anyway

And I suppose you're right about the Tool fans AC, I agree much well over half the Tool fans I met are like that, I find the Tool fandom to be very diverse, they seem to range from the biggest jack asses to the most intellegent people I've ever met

I felt bad for Isis

~Da Rev~

What's everyone's favorite album? I just got Oceanic in the mail, today. So, i have to listen to that full CD. I'm pretty excited. All i had was In the Absence of Truth untill today, so i'm pretty pumped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.