Best Terminator Soundtrack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
Which soundtrack to all three Terminator movies do you prefer?

TheFilmProphet
The Terminator 2 soundtrack, cool

pmike
i like the song by guns n roses from the 2nd i think

vvvrulz
Yeah T2, although the T1 soundtrack isn't too bad for its time.

TheFilmProphet
True,

barand1
I think T3 soundtrack was pretty good.

alic88
^ uh i am 1 person who strictly objects to that. the t3 soundtrack was so boring, i could not stand it. anyways sorry opinions are welcomed

even though marco beltrami screwed up the original terminator theme, i liked how he made it kind of jazzy, it was still cool

barand1
SORRY

Cinemaddiction
Marco Beltrami's got the midas touch when it comes to film scores, especially when he and Manson teamed up for the "Resident Evil" scoring.

Soundtrack, never heard any of them, except "You Could Be Mine" by GNR. The video was awesome, song was great. Gets me thinkin' bout John motoring down the drainage ditch out in LA.

Score, the original. The opening credits/sequence is very, very intimidating, and for good reason.

vvvrulz
Nothing like the T3 opening anyway.

Konjammenson
t2 had the best soundtrack

monkifier
T2 = ZZ TOP - Bad To The Bone!

Rock n Roll smokin'

chriscaffee
...You've got me buring...! *pistol cocks* *shotgun pumps*

One of the best scenes in movie history.

Yeah the original and T2 are about a tie. T1 for better overall music, T2 for a better update on the original Terminator theme. T3 had only one really good track that I remember and that is the music that plays when the Terminator "wakes up" after the T-X has shot him with the plasma cannon. It had that "heat beat of a machine" from the first film and had a "okay now I'm pissed off" quality to it as well. It worked pretty well for the Terminator.

I guess it did have one more good one, but that was more context then anything, and that is when John Connor answers the radio at Crystal Peak. It captures the mood of the scene pretty well I think.

TMACalicious
The T2 soundtrack is by far the best. The T1 version of the Terminator theme wasn't bad too (sounded like a MIDI file lol)

The scene where Reese and Sarah "shag", had a nice piano'ed version of the Terminator theme. I thought that song was good too. smile

vvvrulz
Dang I didnt even notice that, someone has been playing close attention to that scene stick out tongue

Benhacker
I really like the T2 soundtrack and I really like the music at the end of T3 when the missile where being fired(Judgement Day)

Benhacker cool

alic88
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t355948.html

lol this thread made me laugh

vvvrulz
What the f**k?

Was that guy for real.

TMACalicious
someone's either got their movies mixed up, or he/she/it has a really strange sense of humour.

legendp2
T1 is the classic lets face it, if u get the definitive edition it has the reese alley chase and all the scenes
its incredible

Konjammenson
Originally posted by alic88
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t355948.html

lol this thread made me laugh
Ha, that was pretty damn funny. It's just humor.

systemshock2
By far the Terminator 2 soundtrack. Specifically the tracks "Escape from the Hospital" (which contained that intimidating as hell T-1000 theme) and "Desert Suite" (a very nice interlude during the desert). "Hasta la vista baby" is very powerful as well, especially during the T-1000's reformation.

Deano
Originally posted by C-Dic
Marco Beltrami's got the midas touch when it comes to film scores, especially when he and Manson teamed up for the "Resident Evil" scoring.

Soundtrack, never heard any of them, except "You Could Be Mine" by GNR. The video was awesome, song was great. Gets me thinkin' bout John motoring down the drainage ditch out in LA.

Score, the original. The opening credits/sequence is very, very intimidating, and for good reason.

yeh the original is better, brad fiedel is awesome

barand1
The best version of the "Terminator" theme is from the T3 teaser trailer. I just love it. It is slightly different from that of T2, with added chour, which really makes it stand out. I love it! Sad it wasn't used in T3.

For those who haven't a clue what I'm on about, here it is...

http://www.columbiatristar.fr/03/t3/qt_gd.html

That in my eyes is a great teaser. Would of been better though if it said "Terminator 3" instead of "T3".

If only you knew how many times I used to watch that! stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
T2-The music during the opening sequence will always be in my mind. It even made it to be the unofficial theme for the 2004 Academy Awards!

Deano
the sequels didnt have the atmosphere of the original. the music was brilliant in the first one.

vvvrulz
I agree, T1 had a more dark, mysterious sort of mood with its soundtrack, something both T2 and 3 lacked.

barand1

Deano
the T1 soundtrack easily

barand1

J-Unit
lklklk

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by barand1
Okay, I'm going to put my geek hat on for a minute. I don't get it. One of the most recognisable film themes going, and they might use it. It's not difficult is it. You put it at the start, or the end, or both. It's Terminator, just put it in. Sounds like a bit of artistic posturing to me.

Anyone else bothered about it? Or am I just a sad geek?

I definitely would be quite peeved off if the Terminator theme wasn't included, but they did have it at the very end of the trailer I saw before Wolverine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcg5t0mT8V4&feature=fvst

So hopefully it will be included. It wouldn't really be a Terminator movie without the Terminator theme. Although the song they had during most of the trailer (above) was pretty awesome too. The tone really fits the whole theme of the movie! smile

Darth Martin
Best Theme: T1
Best Overall Score: T2 edges T1 out.

That T-800 them in T2 when Arnold rises after being time traveled and througout the film wih Arnold scens. Also the scene when Sarah's escaping from the hospital: T-1000 theme.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.