What happens between EP3 and EP4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

El_NINO
I know ill probably get slack for this but wouldnt you agree that theres a bit of information in between episode 3 and episode 4

for instance how does leia know obi-wan, and how come he doesnt recognize the droids in EP4?

TheElectricFox
Go to the Episode 3 and 1/2 forum for this

or USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!

eXSBass
Originally posted by El_NINO
I know ill probably get slack for this but wouldnt you agree that theres a bit of information in between episode 3 and episode 4

for instance how does leia know obi-wan, and how come he doesnt recognize the droids in EP4?

That's where the EU comes in.
Theres not going to be an Episode III.IV: Re-Revenge of the Sith

But what happens is Vader hunts down the remaining Jedi. The Emperor completely dissolves remenants of the old republic and Obi Wan does recognise the droids but doesn't say anything because it might confuse both R2 and 3PO.

smile

The Ones
get empire at war (the new pc game coming out this september) that takes place between ep3 and ep4. these are the answers to your questions from my understanding

how does leia know obi-wan: her "father" told her presumably if you listen to the message fully "years ago you served my father in the clone wars"

how come he doesnt recognize the droids in EP4: age and he didnt get the droids name(s) plus they look like other droids of there kind

El_NINO
Thanks for the clear up exsbass

eXSBass
Originally posted by TheElectricFox
Go to the Episode 3 and 1/2 forum for this

or USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!

Electric Fox, why say "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!" in caps? Don't you think you're making things worse by shouting?
I mean, if you come to a thread, not to participate at all, and just scream out "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!" then theres no point. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't say anything. If threads piss you off that much then don't read them. Infact, if your so bothered about people not USEing THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!! then why come to KMC? Why don't you go some place else? Why did you have to shout USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!? You shouting out USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!! actually makes KMC have a crappy rep. How often do you USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!? I bet you don't.

eXSBass
Thanks for the clear up exsbass

No problem

vader519
Well Lucas has said that the star wars tv show it ssupposed to take place between Episodes 3&4

Echuu
El nino- just ask me or another member if you have a question like that

hazkid
the young reader, LAST OF THE JEDI series, is one version of the events.

Jedi Priestess
Actually there is a book coming out later this year by Jams Luceno that takes place between EP 3 & 4.

From the OS interview with Luceno: At the moment I'm working on a book that will form a loose trilogy with Labyrinth of Evil and Matt Stover's adaptation of Revenge of the Sith. Focusing on Darths Vader and Sidious, along with a band of Jedi that survives the events depicted in the film, Star Wars: Dark Lord begins before Revenge ends, and takes place over the course of the subsequent month or two. smile

El_NINO
I would also like to know if during Episode 4 there are any jedi's left. I ask this because after episode 6, luke creates a school and has a whole lot of jedi as teachers, like Kyle Katarn?

Grand Moff Gav
I READ THWE BOOK

El_NINO
Can someone tell me what book i need to read please?

Darth Jello
well politically, Palpatine's governor's gain more and more powers as the death star nears completion. Mon Mothma leaves the senate to form the rebel alliance. The stormtroopers apparently become stupider, this may be because the Kaminoans sabotaged the clone banks, or because all the Arc troopers have died, or as George Lucas suggested, great admirals in the imperial navy are cloned for storm troopers as a commendation of their services with varying results. Bail and Leia Organa remain in the senate while secretly part of the rebel alliance. And, if you believe the current EU, Obi-Wan finally kills Darth Maul on Tatooine.

tpaquin
Leia knows of Obi Wan due to his ties to Bail Organa during the Clone Wars. I wish that they had had Bail doing more stuff in the actual war, though,

Lord S
I never found this to be a confusing subject...seems obvious that Leia went to live on Alderaan with her 'father' Bail Organa, and he must have filled her in on the history of the Republic and the Jedi heroes. She grew up with the Rebellion and sought Obi-wan out.

Obi-wan not recognising the droids...well there are so many droids...I've noticed that the humans tend to treat droids like second-class citizens, and given his age, I don't think that the names of a couple of droids were always at the top of his mind and the tip of his tongue. Such a minor thing to complain about, too.

Other things that probably happened in between Ep. III and IV...Empire wiped out most remnants of the old Republic. Using the Death Star as intimidation, maintained a tight control over many star systems.

Don't know what happens to Coruscant (sp?) and Naboo, though...am really interested in seeing whether they remain inhabited, or get blown up. (Was that Coruscant they showed at the end of ROTJ special edition?)

Jedi Priestess
Can someone tell me what book i need to read please?

You need to read Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, And Dark Lord when it comes out.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Lord S
I never found this to be a confusing subject...seems obvious that Leia went to live on Alderaan with her 'father' Bail Organa, and he must have filled her in on the history of the Republic and the Jedi heroes. She grew up with the Rebellion and sought Obi-wan out.

Obi-wan not recognising the droids...well there are so many droids...I've noticed that the humans tend to treat droids like second-class citizens, and given his age, I don't think that the names of a couple of droids were always at the top of his mind and the tip of his tongue. Such a minor thing to complain about, too.

Other things that probably happened in between Ep. III and IV...Empire wiped out most remnants of the old Republic. Using the Death Star as intimidation, maintained a tight control over many star systems.

Don't know what happens to Coruscant (sp?) and Naboo, though...am really interested in seeing whether they remain inhabited, or get blown up. (Was that Coruscant they showed at the end of ROTJ special edition?) It was coruscant, and Naboo is seen at the end of the ROTJ DVD special edition.

TheForceSupreme
EU SUX

umraan
jedi purge

((The_Anomaly))
the empire does bad things and Vader kills the rest of the jedi in the galaxy, other then Obi and Yoda of course....thats pretty much it

bill9d9
Nothing. It is only a movie and it is not real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.