TV Shows vs. The Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFanboy
I'm curious if people prefer the Batman TV shows over the Batman movies?

For me it's the TV shows, all cartoons since the early 90s have been gold and I've really hated all the Batman movies so far. Batman Begins should change that I hope.

Even the old 1960s Batman with Acam West is fun to watch.

Jackie Malfoy
Batman movies are so much better then batman cartoons!zcartoons0045

Mr Parker
I feel the exact same way you do Fan.The tv shows are the best.Like you said, all the Batman cartoons-the ones in the 90's at least,were gold.Even the 60's show with Adam West like you said was real fun to watch.You are so right,all the Batman movies sucked.they were all horrible in one way or another,pure dogdoo.I also agree with you that Batman Begins looks like it will change that though. smile rock rock thumb up

vaya_the_elf
My favorite were the batman cartoons from the 90's

DarkAge
Pfft, look at the results of the poll, no contest! And with good reason.

Joker1237
The Burton movies MADE the BTAS

There are up and downs for both sides.

In the TV show, We have THE Batman. One of the worse shows of all time lol.

And in the movies, we have Batman forever, and Batman and Robin. 2 of the worse movies of all time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DarkAge
Pfft, look at the results of the poll, no contest! And with good reason.

Yeah I love the result of the polls as well.They are there like he said with good reason.some people just dont get it though that ALL the batman movies were just plain dog doo though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheFanboy
Originally posted by Joker1237
The Burton movies MADE the BTAS

I kinda disagree with that. I think they played a part in the shows creation, but there were Batman TV shows before Batman movies, for example Adam West's Batman in 60s. Also I think they're had been animated Batman shows before TAS.

Joker1237
yeah, your right, but they were no were as close to the true roots of Batman. The old Tv show and the Adam west show were corny.

The comics were dark when they were first made. Than the 50's came with there censers,(Joker could not kill) Than the 60s had the happy go lucky Batman. But by the 70's Batman REturn to his dark roots in the comics, with the laughing fish and such.

But the TV shows of Batman in the 70's were still following the Adam West code. Be goofy. And had Batman Returns not been a big hit as it was, we may never had a DARK Batman TV show like BTAS.

bakerboy
Maybe the burton movies were something influential in the tv animated show of the 90s, in some things like penguin apparence and joker identity, and some things more. But the characters and the story of the show was much much better developed and more loyal to the comics that those stupid and bad movies. All the batman movies sucked, batman begins surely will be the first good batman movie. The 60s tv show with adam west was good for his time, the 60s tv animated show sucked and the 90s animated series were amazing, excelent.

DarkAge
I think The Animated Series, a CARTOON, actually had more credibility in terms of realism than any of the movies!

RogueGambitdare
I agree completely with darkage.

Mr Parker
So do I.

Joker1237
WB did not give the go ahead, until the making of Batman returns. I belive that had Burton's Batman movies were not a great, we may never had BTAS.

The first 2 movies rock.

DarkAge
The Burton movies contributed visual and audio style to Batman, but beyond that they were nothing. I wish people would stop looking at those movies so superficially.

Mr Parker
The first 2 movies rock.

actually that should read the first 2 movies suck. big grin

King Burger
Originally posted by DarkAge
I think The Animated Series, a CARTOON, actually had more credibility in terms of realism than any of the movies!

Too true DarkAge.

Some of the episodes, like the "grey Ghost" one for
example, or the one where the Penguin tries to go
straight, are far better than the movies.

And I think the 1940's Superman cartoon had more
influence on the look of the cartoon than the movies.
That slightly foggy film noir-look.

WindDancer
I like them both. The Adam West Batman series are more like comedic and find them quite entertaining.

Red Superfly
Adam West's Batman is comedy genius. I love it.

"We must leave, Robin, inconspicuously, out the window" - Classic.

It also made me laugh because he sometimes said lines that were totally Un-Batman like:

(to Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman, as Bruce Wayne) "I'll kill you all - I'll rend you limb from limb!" - I was killing myself laughing watching this.

There are so many classic moments from that show, like when Batman is saved by a suicidal porpoise or when a shark is biting his leg and he has to get the Shark Repellant Bat Spray(don't ask).

The 90's cartoon is by far the best of the lot though.

starwing
I'm usually a real nice guy in this forum. But when you mention the word 'Batman' with the word 'movies' then I turn into this guy: mad

Those movies made money because people wanted to see ANY Batman movie in those times - even though the movies were complete garbage. I never really felt or thought Batman was in any real danger in those movies because he was costumed in armour. How in the hell is is there going to be any thrill and drama with him wearing a freakish Gundam costume? Where's the suspence in that?

The TV series made him just the tough and fearsome Dark Knight he is supposed to be - yet still human and could be vulnerable to bombs, bullets, and to the nasty brutal fists of those super-muscled maniacs, the way he has always been.

Batman should be Batman. Batman is not supposed to be trying to be Superman with some ridiculous Robocop outfit.

mad mad mad

Joker1237
The armor suit did not help Batman in the final fight with the Joker in the first movie.

The Joker almost won, And that big guy was kicking the stuffing out of Batman before Batman pull the Church Bell trick lol.

starwing
Hmmm...didn't help change the vote in any way. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.