Do I have bad taste in music?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
I wondered that today, everyone I like everyone hates, OK not everyone but....well, what do you think? See my profile & read music!

shellie
i like some of the same bands you have listed. its not for me to decide...if you are happy with it and you enjoy listening to who you listen to then you have good taste in music.

Sun Ce
i have no idea, but if u like in flames then its cool

Da Moose
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I wondered that today, everyone I like everyone hates, OK not everyone but....well, what do you think? See my profile & read music!

Holy god no...I love Green Day and ESPECIALLY Evanescance. big grin

Linkalicious
some are good....some are bad.

Everyone has their own tastes.

Ultimatespider
"McFly, Busted, Tabby Callaghan, G4 " Who the **** are they?!!!!!

Korri
Yup.

Da Moose
Originally posted by Korri
Yup.

You go Lou.
You are totally the master when it comes to determining quality music, another reason I love you.

better?

Ultimatespider
"McFly, Busted, Tabby Callaghan, G4 " Seriously who are these guys

(Do you mean tabby frm da X-FACTOR?)

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ultimatespider
"McFly, Busted, Tabby Callaghan, G4 " Seriously who are these guys

(Do you mean tabby frm da X-FACTOR?)

Yes, but no music from him has been made...yet wink At the moment he's making a single. G4 came 2nd in the X factor, Busted & McFly are pop/rock bands but Busted split but I'm OK with that, I understand why & there is better!

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Da Moose
Holy god no...I love Green Day and ESPECIALLY Evanescance. big grin

Good good, I never would have thought! big grin

Da Moose
Good good, I never would have thought! big grin

Really? Why? confused

WindDancer
Moving to Music Forum...

Deano
i dont like any of them bands in the list

speiderman
I have no idea.

Blue Dragon
Arrr...why? What do you listen to?

Kharhmah
I like: Green Day, Evanescence, Papa Roach, Marylin Mason, The Hives, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte (obviously), The Killers & Scissor Sisters.

I dont like: McFly, Busted, The Music or G4.

Alpha Centauri
Answering your question: Yes, your music taste is wretched.

-AC

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Kharhmah
I like: Green Day, Evanescence, Papa Roach, Marylin Mason, The Hives, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte (obviously), The Killers & Scissor Sisters.

I dont like: McFly, Busted, The Music or G4.

Wow, you like Papa Roach, Hives, Marylin plus most of the ones I like big grin We're like twins big grin OK OK no but whatever...

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Answering your question: Yes, your music taste is wretched.

-AC

i wondered when this thread would get your attention big grin

Victor Von Doom
With the exception of The Hives, and to some extent Green Day, that is really bad. Genuinely.

AragonIsKing
I liked only The Killers on your list, but I wouldnt say you have bad taste, it's just what you like.

Afro Cheese
Yeah I'd say you do. But if you like it than who cares?

Darth_Lucifer
some of your taste is good...but Busted and Mcfly? laughing

Deano
Arrr...why? What do you listen to?

i listen to:
motorhead
Pink floyd
led zeppelin
iron maiden
black sabbath
judas priest
thin lizzy
scorpions
metallica
megadeth
cannibal corpse
sonata arctica
children of bodom
slayer
morbid angel
tool
pantera
hypocrisy
tom petty
phil collins
R.E.M
nirvana

Tptmanno1
Nice list...

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Deano
i listen to:
motorhead
Pink floyd
led zeppelin
iron maiden
black sabbath
judas priest
thin lizzy
scorpions
metallica
megadeth
cannibal corpse
sonata arctica
children of bodom
slayer
morbid angel
tool
pantera
hypocrisy
tom petty
phil collins
R.E.M
nirvana

Woo! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/15_8_200v.gif

Deano
rawk the fuk on!! rock

Red Superfly
I'm not being mean, but you need to get out more.

I like Green Day, The Killers are acceptable, but a bit wishy washy, and thats about it, most of those bands are horrible.

Look up some of those bands that Deano has listed, seriously.

I'm sorry, but whenever someone says they like G4 or McFly, I feel like slapping them and yelling "wake up!". There is no excuse for being a musical retard with the internet in full swing in this day and age.

Liking only what your friends deem acceptable, is also a surefire way to end you up in hell when you die, too.

Half the stuff you see on TV is crap. Pop music sucks the big one.

Blingin' Park? Didn't they die years ago? Oh wait, sorry, they just switched genres once they realised nobody in the rock biz was paying attention.

Bad music - why can people be so stupid and blind?

Get yorself some Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin and start living.

Deano
yes

listen to the man

smittenkitten
Yes.

-Smitten Kitten-

Korri

Go listen to Led Zeppelin...

then come back and if you still like half of the artists you have mentioned on your profile then we shall make a decision on whether you have bad taste in music or not..

Deano
tangerine tangerine! living reflections of a dream cool

Korri
Thats my drunk song embarrasment

Ronny
PERSONALLY i think you're music taste is typical for a girl your age yes with all the fads going around and all

and i dont like it erm

SeptemberRain
i Only like The Killers and the Hives, out of that list Blue Dragon

Red Superfly
The Killers and The Hives are indeed acceptable. The Hives music might be basic rhythmic twoddle, but at least they are excellent showmen.

They have a raw energy and character. The only thing that lets them down is their overly simple tunes. Same thing could be said about Green Day - who I have also seen Live (hasnt everyone by now?) and are also masters of the stage act and putting on one hell of a performance you will never forget. And, simple isn't always bad, either.

Just expand on your horizons a bit. Take a gamble on an album every now and then.

IRON EDDIE 666
i listen to:
motorhead
Pink floyd
led zeppelin
iron maiden big grin
black sabbath
judas priest
thin lizzy
metallica
megadeth
nirvana

Ah, a man with a taste in music after my own heart! big grin
To those, add:
Dream Theater
AC/DC
Cream
Deep Purple
Bruce Dickinson's solo albums
Hendrix
Judas Priest
Ozzy
Rush
Yes

And that would be my list. Therefore, its not too difficult to understand why i hate most of the bands on your list Blue Dragon. However, i would agree with Ronny, its typical at this moment in time for someone of your age.
Try using a band to expand musical taste. I have done this with people using Nickleback as for some reason they have no troble getting into it, and believe once they have heard it they are instant rock fans and can easily listen to rock. Then move on with Deep Purple, then Ozzy, then finally Maiden. By then they really go out and experiment for themselves. big grin

IceWithin

It's ok u have SOME lame bands there but green day is the first of all soo... I dont hate u stick out tongue

Red Superfly
Originally posted by IRON EDDIE 666

Try using a band to expand musical taste. I have done this with people using Nickleback as for some reason they have no troble getting into it, and believe once they have heard it they are instant rock fans and can easily listen to rock. Then move on with Deep Purple, then Ozzy, then finally Maiden. By then they really go out and experiment for themselves. big grin

Good idea.

In fact, I'd say with The Hives, The Killers and Green Day already on the list, they are doing pretty well actually. You'll get there one day.

Come on summer - I am soooo looking forward to Leeds Festival this year. Got my tickets already. Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, Kasabian, Kings Of Leon and loads of other bands I love. I can't believe I'll get to see Iron Maiden - at long last!

IRON EDDIE 666

Korri
im going for the hell of it raver

Iron Maiden are the only band i want to se either messed.

loserib
iron maiden are worth the ticket price

IRON EDDIE 666

IRON EDDIE 666

Korri
Originally posted by loserib
iron maiden are worth the ticket price

yeah...but no Bruce? erm

Blue Dragon
Oh and Ozzy is pretty cool but I have no music of him

i listen to:
motorhead
Pink floyd
led zeppelin
iron maiden
black sabbath
judas priest
thin lizzy
scorpions
metallica
megadeth
cannibal corpse
sonata arctica
children of bodom
slayer
morbid angel
tool
pantera
hypocrisy
tom petty
phil collins
R.E.M
nirvana

Not heard of many...heard Nirvana, black sabbath & led zeppelin (BS & LZ only heard of names not music)

IRON EDDIE 666
yeah...but no Bruce? erm

Bruce has been back in the band since 1999 wink
But he still has a solo carrer, which is the perfect time to mention:

Bruce Dickinson - Tryanny Of Souls
Out May 23rd
eek!

Ive heard it, its fantastic! Go buy it! big grin

IRON EDDIE 666
Oh and Ozzy is pretty cool but I have no music of him

Not heard of many...heard Nirvana, black sabbath & led zeppelin (BS & LZ only heard of names not music)

I would suggest starting on 70's rock, or 70's artists work in the 80's and some acts from the 80's. Probibly not the best idea to jump straight into trash metal. big grin
Some good starting albums:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Oz
Deep Purple - In Rock / Machine Head (Really hard to decide which to start on)
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock / Back In Black
Pink Floyd - Darkside Of The Moon / The Wall
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast is obvious, but id recomend Piece Of Mind
Led Zepplin - I / II
Yes - Fragile

wink

Korri
Bruce has been back in the band since 1999 wink
But he still has a solo carrer, which is the perfect time to mention:

Bruce Dickinson - Tryanny Of Souls
Out May 23rd
eek!

Ive heard it, its fantastic! Go buy it! big grin

i fecking well will my Maideny friend droolio

IRON EDDIE 666
i fecking well will my Maideny friend droolio
I dont suppose you want a little "sample" of it? wink

loserib
i cant wait to see the this summer

Korri
I dont suppose you want a little "sample" of it? wink

that'd be fookin jammin droolio

Blue Dragon
I love heavy metal but I don't really know anyone, I've heard here & there but I have no names who sang them & to let you know I'm not into pop really.... erm I'm going off McFly a bit so you'll be happy about that, & pop isn't me, rock, rock 'n roll & metal

Jackie Malfoy
Your taste is not that bad.JM

IRON EDDIE 666
I love heavy metal but I don't really know anyone, I've heard here & there but I have no names who sang them & to let you know I'm not into pop really.... erm I'm going off McFly a bit so you'll be happy about that, & pop isn't me, rock, rock 'n roll & metal
well have a look at the list of albums i made. If you really want, i can put together a zip file with a track or two from each album. wink

Blue Dragon
well have a look at the list of albums i made. If you really want, i can put together a zip file with a track or two from each album. wink

Hmmm...that sounds good, OK then. smile

Red Superfly
Reading sold out pretty damn quick didn't it?

Bloody hell, I can't wait. I'm going for the whole weekend. It's like a big holiday to me, I always have the time of my life at these things.

I know at Leeds, every night's gonna end on a bang.

Friday, Iron Maiden (what a way to start it off eh?) Saturday will be Kasabian down at the radio 1 tent, and then Sunday, the Foo Fighters will end it with a bang.

Can't fookin wait.

Alpha Centauri
Blue Dragon,

You can't claim to like Busted, McFly and G4 then say Pop isn't you.

They're all Pop bands.

Download is by far the best festival line-up. Although Incubus are at Reading.

-AC

Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon,

You can't claim to like Busted, McFly and G4 then say Pop isn't you.

They're all Pop bands.

Download is by far the best festival line-up. Although Incubus are at Reading.

-AC

I don't like B and MF very much, I've gone off them (they're pop.) G4 however are pretty good but they're aren't pop.

IRON EDDIE 666
I don't like B and MF very much, I've gone off them (they're pop.) G4 however are pretty good but they're aren't pop.
Well, really they are... huh

Oh by the way check your pms. wink

Blue Dragon
I know.... sad I didn't download....I CAN'T WAIT FOR 13 HOURS AND 40 MINUTES!!!!
G4 aren't pop, have you ever listened to them? They're like opear & classic.

IRON EDDIE 666
I know.... sad I didn't download....I CAN'T WAIT FOR 13 HOURS AND 40 MINUTES!!!!
Yeah, as i said said, you must have a very slow connection.

Yes, sadly i have heard G4. Its just a different form of pop. They even came out of a program looking for pop stars.

crazy_c
Everyone has a different taste in music, don't let people say it's crap just because it isn't their cup of tea.

Red Superfly

They are pop. They are a boy band in every sense of the word.

They even have struts and boy band dancing formations.

And they suck. The very definition of pop music.

Alpha Centauri

A) They are Pop.

B) If you wanna forget genres and just put them in a catagory, the catagory would be "Shit".

-AC

IRON EDDIE 666
A) They are Pop.

B) If you wanna forget genres and just put them in a catagory, the catagory would be "Shit".

-AC
laughing

Red Superfly
Shittest of all time I think.

Seriously though, G4 have to be considerred as the worst thing ever in music. They are a bastardised opear group, pretenting to be something worthwhile. Even trash like The Fast Food Rockers and their ilk knew that they were a joke. G4 are actually serious. They even believe they won't be going to hell when they die. God isn't stupid.

They are the worst thing ever. Worse than plastic sandals and standing in the mouth of a whale with chronic haletosis while you fondle nettles with your tongue.

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Seriously though, G4 have to be considerred as the worst thing ever in music. They are a bastardised opear group, pretenting to be something worthwhile. Even trash like The Fast Food Rockers and their ilk knew that they were a joke. G4 are actually serious. They even believe they won't be going to hell when they die. God isn't stupid.

They are the worst thing ever. Worse than plastic sandals and standing in the mouth of a whale with chronic haletosis while you fondle nettles with your tongue.
yes
All i can add to that is that Freddy must be turing in his grave.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Seriously though, G4 have to be considerred as the worst thing ever in music. They are a bastardised opear group.

So now you say they are opear?

If you wanna forget genres and just put them in a catagory, the catagory would be "Shit".

bawlingdisgustglarefrusty

IRON EDDIE 666
I think the main word in what he was saying was bastardised, not opera.

Moonunit
YES you have bad taste in music.

Red Superfly

Erm no, I said they are a bastardised opear group. As in, they are a boy band, classically trained like opears, and are exploiting it (or are being exploited? maybe both) for all they can.

They are a one trick pony. I give them a year, at most.

fulcilives
you all have crap tastes in music, has the world gone crazy we don't want poofy softcore pop or rock. ha ha greenday what a soft little girly band.

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by fulcilives
you all have crap tastes in music, has the world gone crazy we don't want poofy softcore pop or rock. ha ha greenday what a soft little girly band.
Not all of us like green day. wink

Korri
Thank the lord, im not alone no expression.

IRON EDDIE 666
Thank the lord, im not alone no expression.
No, your not. They are too close to the verge of pop for my liking.

Let the flaming begin. big grin

Red Superfly

What do you like then? I get tired of Green Day's songs pretty quick myself.

Alpha Centauri
There's nothing wrong with Pop per se.

Michael Jackson was Pop. Diana Ross was Pop Soul.

It's manufactured Pop that you should watch out for.

-AC

Red Superfly
Yeah, when I say "pop is crap" I am usually thinking of specific kinds of pop.

Michael Jackson is pop, but I found him awesome. When I was a kid, he gave me special gifts. Sometimes he would steal my underpants but that was Michael, you see, always the prankster.

IRON EDDIE 666
There's nothing wrong with Pop per se.

Michael Jackson was Pop. Diana Ross was Pop Soul.
Those examples really dont convince me.

Korri
I just cant stand Green Day ninja

Blue Dragon

As a matter of fact loads of boys I know like Green Day, Daniel, Andrew (x2), James, Simon, Ben, David, Michael, Antony, Tom, Sam & loads more.

Alpha Centauri
Those examples really dont convince me.

Well, had I been trying to convince you, I'd be up slack alley wouldn't I?

Oh so luckily for me, I wasn't.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Stop saying 'opear', man.

Victor Von Doom
As a matter of fact loads of boys I know like Green Day, Daniel, Andrew (x2), James, Simon, Ben, David, Michael, Antony, Tom, Sam & loads more.

Nah, Simon doesn't.

Tom partially.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Stop saying 'opear', man.

*rebels*

Opear

<.<

>.>

*hides*

pr1983
Nah, Simon doesn't.

Tom partially.

laughing

your taste is your taste, while i wouldnt touch any of those bands with a ten foot pole nowadays, im not going to bi7ch about it, because i know most people dont like the stuff i like...

If you like it then just be happy and listen to it, and stop asking for others approval, cos at the end of the day your the one buying the cd wink

BackFire

Who cares? If you like them, you like them, don't worry about what people think of the music you like. If you like them, that's all that matters.

loserib
if everyone was into the same music we would all be clones

Ginger_Fish
don`t argue about taste... wink

Blue Dragon
I don't mind, I like them & that's that! But I wanted to hear from other people to see what they thought.

Nah, Simon doesn't.

Tom partially.

confused1 Whaaaa?

pr1983
I don't mind, I like them & that's that! But I wanted to hear from other people to see what they thought.

confused1 Whaaaa?

Personally i would think you have bad taste... but thats my opinion...

Alpha Centauri
The dude likes G4, it's as close to fact as possible that his taste is wretched.

-AC

Korri
I think you just need some musical guidance..

Alpha Centauri
The man doesn't deserve guidance. Clearly just lets the TV tell him what to like, with the exception of two bands.

-AC

Blue Dragon
The dude likes G4, it's as close to fact as possible that his taste is wretched.

-AC

Ermm, girl?closedeyes no expression Mind you kaz (my real friend & joined KMC) doesn't like G4 but her friend (litte kitten) does, she has the album.

Alpha Centauri
Girl? Well that explains your shit taste then.

I've never ever known a male to watch those reality contest/music game shows and think "Wow he's good."

Only females. Well, from MY experience.

-AC

Korri
Is it just me or does anyone else smell socks...??

Korri

I've never ever known a male to watch those reality contest/music game shows and think "Wow he's good."

-AC

are you saying i have bad judgment because i am a female too?

Mr AC, im not liking where this conversation is going stick out tongue

LifeIsKillingMe
why do u care what ppl think? if u like it, it should not matter

Blue Dragon

-AC

I know plenty of boys watching them too. Adam & Daniel likes G4 (Adam got album & likes them more). All liked Tabby like Wayne (search 04wayne), Andrew etc...

Red Superfly
I know plenty of boys watching them too. Adam & Daniel likes G4 (Adam got album & likes them more). All liked Tabby like Wayne (search 04wayne), Andrew etc...

Do Adam, Daniel, Wayne and Andrew live in San Francisco? stick out tongue

Blue Dragon
^Noooo, they go to my school

Alpha Centauri
Reeling off names doesn't actually prove anything, Simon told me that.

-AC

Blue Dragon
roll eyes (sarcastic) no expression You don't know Simon, I do. Speaking of which at the minute I'm listening to Cradle of Filth music samples to see if they're worth listening to, so far it's OK but I don't know, I'm still going...

Alpha Centauri
I was proving a point.

Wait.......because you know a guy called Simon, it's therefore impossible for me to also know a Simon?

You are a weird girl.

-AC

Korri
laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Reminds me of that bit in Family Guy.

Pilot: Who are you?! You're not a pilot! I know every pilot in the world.

-AC

Blue Dragon
OK then...I know another Simon to you.

Korri
This getting too off-topic guys...

Libertine
I dotn agree with the likes of Good charlotte, G4 and mcfly you bands like that but greenday are really good, but it just shows that ytou have a wide range of interesting bands no matter what the 'genre' its not up to me to decide what bands you should listen to.

Blue Dragon
It was Korri, sorry, he started it! big grin

04wayne
Your taste in music is absolutely S*IT. And by the way Blue Dragon is lying when she says I like Tabby Callaghan and also Dominique loves Celine Dion

Blue Dragon
04wayne does like Tabby, not especially but OK. I don't love Celien Deon.

Blue Dragon
You said he was OK but you like Steve & Rowetta!

04wayne
Tabby is CRAP and Blue Dragon loves Kylie Minogue and actually hates Greenday and G4

Libertine
Green day! How could you hate... ok never mind.

I agree with thinking G4 sucks.

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by Libertine
Green day! How could you hate... ok never mind.
Quite easily wink

Blue Dragon
04wayne stop lying you doughnut! You know I like those bands.

04wayne
TABBY AND G4 ARE CRAP

Imaginary
I really like The Killers, Green Day's older stuff is OK, and I've only heard one or two songs by the Hives.

fuct_up_kid

i like/respect all of those bands except for G4.
no one who covers bohemian rhapsody deserves respect in any way, shape, or form.

sorry

Blue Dragon
^ Well you're the best so far...so that's OK! big grin
Originally posted by Imaginary
I really like The Killers, Green Day's older stuff is OK, and I've only heard one or two songs by the Hives.
Good good. Tell me if 04wayne PM-ed you...

Imaginary
Yeah, he did actually, Blue Dragon.

SCENEXCORE
Originally posted by Imaginary

LOL GREENDAY.

alyra won't like this.

oh yeah, the music in your profile, WTF LINKIN PARK?

LIL-G
you shouldnt care you like what you like. im a hip hop fan and thats it.

Blue Dragon
Linkin Park is good. I'm most suited for Nu Metal. Papa Roach, Linkin Park & Manson are all there.

So is Korn, I heard one song of there's (off Lara Croft 2 movie then saw the music video.) & it was good. I like loud music!

loserib
Have you seen any of them live? In my opinion the only one that is any good is Manson.

Df02
Manson is a living joke, and if i had my way he'd be a dead joke

Blue Dragon
Manson's great! Has to be my favourite, Green Day's knocked off my top music taste & cames second.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.