Freedom of Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadBabe
Ive seen alot of you people walk into a fan thread for differnt bands and COMPLETELY put down the bands for no reason, i have no idea WHY you are doing this or how good it must make you feel. but you should leave the band threads to the fans and not laugh at certin people who enjoy the kind of music they listen to and disscuss it with the other FANS not haters. So please leave the fan threads to the FANS.

thank you

Eclipse
OK...........Confusing me.........So what do you want me to do?

BadBabe
not make fun of peoples favorite bands or songs

Eclipse
OK.....But I didn't say anything.......

BadBabe
i hope not stick out tongue

madsci
doesn't the freedom of music also carry the freedom of expression? isn't the freedom of expression the reason why we log on and join this forum? finally, why would someone not stand by their opinions/likes and support them? i don't like britney spears', good charlotte's, or hillary duff's music, but it's okay if you do. your opinion is valid, as is mine. just support why you like their music/contributions to music.

the funny thing about freedom of expression is that you have to take the good with the bad.

madsci
hip hop purist

total metalhead
this is a music discussion forum. we're allowed to post positive or negative views here, and if a person makes a thread on a band, they are opening up that band to discussion, whether it be positive or negative. and people dont put down bands for fun, they're simply expressing their opinions, which they have every right to do.

and i always give reasons when i put a band down.

amity75
*Clenched teeth* Dont....get....me...started...about....Pink....Floyd!!

RandomNinja420
haha. i agree with badbabe and madsci but i think mad has a better point of view

madsci
random> thanks for the props. it is simply our natural human right to be able, and want, to express ourselves freely. not to mention our protected right here in the U.S.(not to get too political).

madsci
hip hop purist

HockeyHorror
Freedom of Speech- Immortal Technique

good song.

raven guardia
I agree with madsci, and Badbabe

madsci> is very right every body has the right to voice there opinion about what they like and dis-like and that you must take the good with the bad.

bad babe> is also right to piont to..that you should not just walk and trash an artist

I believe it is okay to say your opinion but try to voice in a polite way....for example dont go in to a britney spears lover thread and start dissing her because it will offend the britney likers....but what would work better is to say I dont really care for britney then give a reason so they dont give you a hard time. I know this does not always work but it is worth a try it is a way to voice your opinion with seeming like you are trying to push your views or opinions on them.

from another point of view say you have a liker/dis-like thread about an artist. you would not like it if somebody where to pop in an start saying things that offends you. "like your dumb for likeing that artist"...."or how stupid are you??...so and so is the best singer". basically what I'm trying to say is that it is important for us to respect each other. I know it maybe hard because I been in both situations before and had my opinions bashed but when it comes down to a little respect for one another goes along way...so ask your self is it really worth the effort?....if you know no matter what you say some will dis your opinion just try to ignore them. then soon you and them will forgit about the whole thing.

just so you all know I'm NOT taking sides just trying to help smile

loserib
i thought this was an open discusion and with an open discussion your going to here stuff you dont like

Evy_O
I agree with what most said yes
It's a discussion forum, this section is about music and it's goal is to DISCUSS about it, which means post both possitive and negative comments, as long as they're not offensive or bashing other members smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.