2005 MLB Season

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanZeke25
The MLB season is underway. How about the Reds, Dunn hits two homeruns and one in the bottom of the ninth to tie it, then Randa hits a homerun to win it. And the Phillies won too. But the Red Sox lost sad
Go Phillies, Red Sox and Reds!!!

Smasandian
Im just happy that Roy Halliday for the Jays pitched very well and that Vernon Wells hit a homerun. Hopefully they can play better than last year.

forumcrew
this may be the only time all season I can say this so im going to now...

The MARINERS are in 1st place in the west!

Shaolin Monk
Originally posted by forumcrew
this may be the only time all season I can say this so im going to now...

The MARINERS are in 1st place in the west!

laughing laughing laughing

forumcrew
damnit i thought they were goin 2-0 when they got to Santana early on.. but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen now

DanZeke25
Go Red Sox. We definatley have Rivera's number. And how about A-Rod bobbling the possible double-play to win the game. laughing I laughed so hard when that happen. Speaking of hard, Jeter got nailed in head. I think i heard that here in NJ. They took him out an inning later too.

forumcrew
i stopped watching in the bottom of the 8th.. when jeter was still in.. if he came out in the bottom of the 9th why didnt a-rod move over to SS and then put someone in at 3rd?

Mr Parker
Baseball sucks these days.Players never stay with one team like they used to in the good old days.I used to go to ballgames all the time but because of that,I seldom ever venture to see a baseball game anymore.

forumcrew
sorry about that.. a lot of players do stay with teams though but the bottom line is if you arnt winning as a team your gonna wanna get new people and if your not winning as a player your gonna wanna go somewhere where you can win.. its part of the game.

now to b*tch about the mariners again.. their pitching is gonna kill them again this year it seems. once again they had an early lead and they just blew it now their down like 4-1 to the twins in the 4th or 5th

Smasandian
Its true. The Blue Jays would of had a kick ass team if they didnt have to trade alot of thier players away.
The Montreal Expo's (Washington Nationals) could of gone to the playoffs a bunch of times with the players they had to get rid of.

Shaolin Monk
good work Chipper and Hampton, and the entire bullpen

DanZeke25
if he came out in the bottom of the 9th why didnt a-rod move over to SS and then put someone in at 3rd?

i never thought of that. they put rey sanchez i think, in SS, wow, if they would have put A-rod at SS, they probaly would have wpn, since S-rod wasnt there to bobble the ball. Lol, thats great.

forumcrew
yea i mean.. even if A-rod hasnt been playin SS hes still a great SS and then they could put a 3rd basemen in.. oh well i hate NY so screw them.. used to love A-rod but then seattle decided to get rid of him and griffey in the same season..

Smasandian
I totally forgot that A-Rod was with Seattle.

forumcrew
yea well i lived in seattle and had the pleasure of seeing them lose all the time at the kingdome (even got a piece of it when they blew it up)

the odd thing is they got rid of the big unit then the next year griffey and a-rod and the following season they tie the win record.. sadly they let that team fall apart.. because thats the mariners style.

people alwasy cried about bostons 86 years.. the mariners have never even gotten to a world series yet, and the seahawks havnt won a single playoff game in 20 years.. sucks to be a seattle fan

Dr. Strangelove
I've been so busy with college I have only been able to see highlights, anyways some of my thoughts.

Gotta love Yankee fans. First they boo Jeter who is the Yankees when he was going through a bad slump, and now they boo arguably the greatest closer to ever play the game when he has two bad outings. Yankee fans don't deserve either of them.

I really don't think the Red Sox have gotten into Rivera's head. I think it has more to do with Rivera starting to wear out with all the playoff games he has played but I do think the Red Sox have somewhat figured him out. You know what you going to get with Rivera: The cut-fastball with a 4 and 2 seam fastball mixed in. Red Sox players aren't as scared of the cut-fastball since they've faced it so much. I do think Rivera will rebound to have a good season.

From the first few games it looks like the Giants bullpen is Benitez, Brower and everybody else. Hopefully either Eyre, Christiansen or Herges will step up to be another set up guy with Brower.

Nick Swisher will win Rookie of the year, count on it.

HOW BOUT EM METS! Happy Dance stick out tongue

Smasandian
True, both havnt. But the teams havnt been around for aslong and they dont have the mystic as the Soxs or a Football team that hasnt won (cant think of one).
Its the same in NHL. The Leafs havnt one a Stanley Cup since the 60's and it looks like it will be awhile for them to do so. Some other teams havnt come close.
I'm thinking Ill be in the same category cause I dont think the Blue Jays will ever win the Series ever again.

Mr Parker
sorry about that.. a lot of players do stay with teams though but the bottom line is if you arnt winning as a team your gonna wanna get new people and if your not winning as a player your gonna wanna go somewhere where you can win.. its part of the game.

The days of great players staying with the same team or even the second team they go to are clearly over with though.Just look at Pedro Martinez or Pudge Rodriguez.They won the world series,yet what do they do?they go and leave that team that won them a world series ring to play for another team. I lost my respect for Pudge Rodriguez when he left the world series champion Marlins to go and play for the detroit tigers,one of the worst teams in pro baseball.the days where you would find great players like George Brett and Cal Ripkin staying with the team that drafted them are clearly over now which sucks for kids growing up these days.they wont be able to get attached to a player like I was with George Brett with the royals because those days dont exist anymore unless you are a yankees fan where they have all the money in the world to satisfy that player.Players only play the game for the love of the money now not for the love of the game anymore.Look at Carlos Beltran,I would have had no problem with him and still would have liked him as a player if he had stayed with the astros after he left the royals because the royals are not committed to winning with their owner they have,but just as I predicted,he went and signed with the mets because he is greedy and selfish and only plays the game for the love of the money now that he has been spoiled playing in the big leagues now.I would still like pudge rodriguez if he had stayed with the marlins after leaving the texas rangers.I could not blame him since he won a world series with them but like all players today he is now just playing the game for the love of the money and not for the love of the game. the good old days of baseball when players only played the game for the love of the game instead of the love of the momey are gone forever.baseball sucks!!!!!! the owners and the players have ruined the game.

Mr Parker
I really don't think the Red Sox have gotten into Rivera's head.

"I think they have doc.."

Smasandian
Buddy, every major sport has these problems. Look at Emmitt Smith, Wayne Gretzky.
Your contridicting yourself through you whole entire post. Using Pudge and Beltran is contridicting yourself. You have no problems if they went to another team from the first team, the team that spent the money grooming the player in thier rookies years?
Its the same thing, not matter if they won a World Series.
Free Agency changed the game but you gotta live with that. If there wasnt free agency, some teams would have never gotten out of the bottom like the Marlins.

Shaolin Monk
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The days of great players staying with the same team or even the second team they go to are clearly over with though.Just look at Pedro Martinez or Pudge Rodriguez.They won the world series,yet what do they do?they go and leave that team that won them a world series ring to play for another team. I lost my respect for Pudge Rodriguez when he left the world series champion Marlins to go and play for the detroit tigers,one of the worst teams in pro baseball.the days where you would find great players like George Brett and Cal Ripkin staying with the team that drafted them are clearly over now which sucks for kids growing up these days.they wont be able to get attached to a player like I was with George Brett with the royals because those days dont exist anymore unless you are a yankees fan where they have all the money in the world to satisfy that player.Players only play the game for the love of the money now not for the love of the game anymore.Look at Carlos Beltran,I would have had no problem with him and still would have liked him as a player if he had stayed with the astros after he left the royals because the royals are not committed to winning with their owner they have,but just as I predicted,he went and signed with the mets because he is greedy and selfish and only plays the game for the love of the money now that he has been spoiled playing in the big leagues now.I would still like pudge rodriguez if he had stayed with the marlins after leaving the texas rangers.I could not blame him since he won a world series with them but like all players today he is now just playing the game for the love of the money and not for the love of the game. the good old days of baseball when players only played the game for the love of the game instead of the love of the momey are gone forever.baseball sucks!!!!!! the owners and the players have ruined the game.

Sorry Parker. A few things/facts:

First Pudge. The Marlins didn't go too hard after him. You can't always blame the player, blame the administration. The Marlins specifically said numerous times that they had minor league players (at the time) that they thought would be a huge contribution starting in the 2005 season, and for many years after that. They didn't want to sign Pudge to a 1 or 2 year deal worth a crap load. It was a "hey, here's are 2 offers, if you don't like them, and can't come up with something remotely close to either of them, we will let you move on" sort of deal. Plus, talks of bringing Paul Lo Duca to the club had already started at the time. I know Pudge said he wanted to go to the Tigers to help them re-build with all of their young players, but I know many people don't believe that.

Now for Beltran. Did you know that the Astros offered him 2 years less than what the Mets signed him for, but for only 7 million cheaper? Now I'm not a great mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that he would have been making more money if he stayed in Houston. Roger Clemens was talking of retiring again. Jeff Kent was leaving. Talks of Pettitle being traded were brought up. The Mets signed Pedro Martinez. They have always looked like a club that is playoff bound (when on paper), but just can't put it all together. Although I don't like the Mets, if I was Beltran, I would have went there too.

Yes, I agree that many players in every sport only do stuff for the money. Yes, I agree that a lot of players leave teams for more money, and it's not always for the best. But there are the "good" players too.

One example, from this year: Chipper Jones is taking a rather large cut in pay for two reasons. The first was so that they could sign Tim Hudson to a long term deal. The second reason was so he could stay in Atlanta longer. Andruw Jones did the same thing, so that he could stay in Atlanta. Andruw actually did his halfway through last year, they re-constructed his contract.

Trust me, I hate that there are those out there doing it just for the money. I hate that players move around so much. But what are fans going to do? I am only 20 years old, but cannot play baseball anymore. I would do anything to be able to pitch again. I would PAY to pitch again. I love the sport, I love pitching. That's how some of us are. Others are money hungry. Nothing us fans can do about it. If there was, I'm sure we would have done it by now.

Free Agency is good. I agree with Smasandian, some teams would not have climbed out of their holes if it wasn't for that. People would be too worried about trading their prize players.

forumcrew
im too drunk to read ll that crap but i mean if a player wins a world series whats wrogn with going to a bad team to try and hel p- them win one? nothing but your mom is bad there! so i respect them more for leaving a winning unit to try and hel p mbuold a stronger team to win againg! so eyeA! you MOM!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Smasandian
Buddy, every major sport has these problems. Look at Emmitt Smith, Wayne Gretzky.
Your contridicting yourself through you whole entire post. Using Pudge and Beltran is contridicting yourself. You have no problems if they went to another team from the first team, the team that spent the money grooming the player in thier rookies years?
Its the same thing, not matter if they won a World Series.
Free Agency changed the game but you gotta live with that. If there wasnt free agency, some teams would have never gotten out of the bottom like the Marlins.

I never have followed hockey so Im not to familiar with the wayne Gretzky situation but as far as Emmit smith thats in a entirely different ballpark.The cowboys let him go and never attempted to resign him so I had no problem with him leaving the cowboys.Although he should have retired at that point since the team he went to the cardinals is an even worse team than the cowboys are. big grin free agency ruined the game and baseball will always suck for me because baseball is beyond being able to be fixed now since it is clear free agency will always be there and they will never go back to the good old days of baseball when there was no free agency.and okay yeah I actually lost respect for beltran and pudge when they left the teams that drafted them.

its the same thing in Footballl.I used to watch that game religiously,never missed it on sundays,but free agency has ruined that game as well because the good old days when players would stay with one team their whole career are over with.that and also I got sick of all these teams like the rams,the colts and the cardinals moving to another city and deserting their fans.I will never understand why a law was not passed to make it illegal for a football franchise to move to another city.There should have been. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk
Sorry Parker. A few things/facts:

First Pudge. The Marlins didn't go too hard after him. You can't always blame the player, blame the administration. The Marlins specifically said numerous times that they had minor league players (at the time) that they thought would be a huge contribution starting in the 2005 season, and for many years after that. They didn't want to sign Pudge to a 1 or 2 year deal worth a crap load. It was a "hey, here's are 2 offers, if you don't like them, and can't come up with something remotely close to either of them, we will let you move on" sort of deal. Plus, talks of bringing Paul Lo Duca to the club had already started at the time. I know Pudge said he wanted to go to the Tigers to help them re-build with all of their young players, but I know many people don't believe that.

Now for Beltran. Did you know that the Astros offered him 2 years less than what the Mets signed him for, but for only 7 million cheaper? Now I'm not a great mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that he would have been making more money if he stayed in Houston. Roger Clemens was talking of retiring again. Jeff Kent was leaving. Talks of Pettitle being traded were brought up. The Mets signed Pedro Martinez. They have always looked like a club that is playoff bound (when on paper), but just can't put it all together. Although I don't like the Mets, if I was Beltran, I would have went there too.

Yes, I agree that many players in every sport only do stuff for the money. Yes, I agree that a lot of players leave teams for more money, and it's not always for the best. But there are the "good" players too.

One example, from this year: Chipper Jones is taking a rather large cut in pay for two reasons. The first was so that they could sign Tim Hudson to a long term deal. The second reason was so he could stay in Atlanta longer. Andruw Jones did the same thing, so that he could stay in Atlanta. Andruw actually did his halfway through last year, they re-constructed his contract.

Trust me, I hate that there are those out there doing it just for the money. I hate that players move around so much. But what are fans going to do? I am only 20 years old, but cannot play baseball anymore. I would do anything to be able to pitch again. I would PAY to pitch again. I love the sport, I love pitching. That's how some of us are. Others are money hungry. Nothing us fans can do about it. If there was, I'm sure we would have done it by now.

Free Agency is good. I agree with Smasandian, some teams would not have climbed out of their holes if it wasn't for that. People would be too worried about trading their prize players.

Well as I just said I actually really lost my respect for pudge for leaving the rangers.I could have tolerated him if he had stayed witht the marlins the rest of his career but yeah I really lost my respect for him for leaving the rangers.I was so much looking forward to seeing him play the rest of his career as a ranger like ripkin did with the orioles.I thought for sure he would be like ripken and finish his career with the rangers so it was really when he left the rangers that I lost my respect for him.

Your not making sense here about Beltran.According to what your saying,you said the astros offered him 7 million dollars less than what the mets offered but then said he would be making more money as an astro than what the mets offered? somethings wrong with this picture your painting confused

and sorry free agency was the worst thing that ever happened to baseball.A team can build a world series winner without free agency. It just would have taken longer for the marlins than it did.The Toronto Blue Jays in 1990 won the world series with mostly players they drafted and the minnesota twins also won the world series in 87 with players they mostly drafted and developed. I want those days back and baseball will always suck for me as long as free agency remains which looks like it always will.same goes for football.

Smasandian
Dude,
Emmitt wanted to stay in Dallas. He left because of playing time and money. They would of resigned as a backup to teach kids how to run.

Also, your not great at math are you?
Hypothytical, Beltran gets offered by the Mets 5 years for 50 mil. Do the math and you get Beltran making 10 million a year.
Astros though offer Beltran 3 years for 43 mil (7 million less than Mets). Do the math and you got Beltran making 14.3 million a year. Thats a difference of 4.3 million dollars. In the end, he makes more money.

Also, the Blue Jays didnt win the series in 1990 but actually won 1992 and 1993. Also, the players they won it with were not actually drafted by the Blue Jays. Roberto Alomar, Joe Carter and Devon White were from trades. Dave Stewart, Jack Morris, Rickey Henderson (deadline trade), David Cone (deadline trade), Paul Molitar (intergral part of the 93 series) and Dave Wienfield (wouldnt of won the series if it wasnt for the double in the late innings at Turner Field in game 6) were all free agents.
So I go to my last point I made. Some teams actually benefit from free agency. I sure hope the Cowboys keep Roy Williams and Juluis Jones, so I can actually see them play, but im not going to hate the sport because of it due to the fact that the Cowboys will recieve somebody good in free agency to replace them.

forumcrew
the mariners bullpen is ruining the season already and i hate them for it

Shaolin Monk
This is what I was painting, Smasandian hit the nail on the head:

Hypothytical, Beltran gets offered by the Mets 5 years for 50 mil. Do the math and you get Beltran making 10 million a year.
Astros though offer Beltran 3 years for 43 mil (7 million less than Mets). Do the math and you got Beltran making 14.3 million a year. Thats a difference of 4.3 million dollars. In the end, he makes more money.

In 5 years with the Astros he would have made more than in 5 years with the Mets Parker. That was the picture I painted smile

Anyone watch Brian Jordan hit that Grand Slam for the Braves today? They showed a highlight of him doing it a few years ago for the Braves, against the Mets, and then the next pitch he hit out. It was very ironic/funny.

DanZeke25
Go Phillies. Rookie Gavin Floyd looked really good against the Cards. He went 7 innings and only gave up 1 run and 3 hits.

forumcrew

Anyone watch Brian Jordan hit that Grand Slam for the Braves today? They showed a highlight of him doing it a few years ago for the Braves, against the Mets, and then the next pitch he hit out. It was very ironic/funny.

lol yea i was at work watching that thought it was really cool.. and then i was even happier to see Chipper go deep! because the braves are my 2nd favorite team.. (i used to live in north carolina and go to Durham bulls games, who are part of the braves farm system and i met chipper jones when he was a AAA no body)

forumcrew
wow Smoltz is back in a big way today.. through 6 hes got 14K's got each one of the mets atleast once.. and hes gotten 12 0-2 counts!

Mr Parker
Dude,
Emmitt wanted to stay in Dallas. He left because of playing time and money. They would of resigned as a backup to teach kids how to run.

Also, the Blue Jays didnt win the series in 1990 but actually won 1992 and 1993. Also, the players they won it with were not actually drafted by the Blue Jays. Roberto Alomar, Joe Carter and Devon White were from trades. Dave Stewart, Jack Morris, Rickey Henderson (deadline trade), David Cone (deadline trade), Paul Molitar (intergral part of the 93 series) and Dave Wienfield (wouldnt of won the series if it wasnt for the double in the late innings at Turner Field in game 6) were all free agents.
So I go to my last point I made. Some teams actually benefit from free agency. I sure hope the Cowboys keep Roy Williams and Juluis Jones, so I can actually see them play, but im not going to hate the sport because of it due to the fact that the Cowboys will recieve somebody good in free agency to replace them.

thats what I was saying in the beginning is that I could not blame Emmit for leaving dallas because they were treating him so bad because like you said they wanted to diminish his role and make him a backup.Well even if Beltran was going to make more money as an astro than a met I STILL hate the guy for leaving the royals because I want the good old days back when players stayed with one team their whole career which never happens anymore.He left the royals because he knew he would make more money as an astro or with someone else. Okay yeah the blue jays won the world series in 92 rather and it was with players they traded for but they DID however win the american league east in 1985 and go to the american league championship game with players that they did develop from their farm system that year and those players that you said they won the world series with in 92 and 93 were like you said,came from trades and I got no problem with a team building a champion through trades,thats always been around from the invention of baseball.I just hate free agency in baseball and football is all.

Shaolin Monk
what a tough way to lose

Smoltz gets 15 strikeouts, but gives up the homer to Carlos Beltran. Did anyone else think "hey, with first base open and Cliff Floyd up next, why not pitch around or intentionally walk Beltran"? Floyd had a Silver Sombrero, and Beltran is dangerous. I don't know why they didn't have a conference in the 8th about how to handle that situation. Who knows, with Beltran on first, and Floyd at the plate, that inning could have turned out much different.

Smasandian
True, they did win the American League Championship in 85 with homegrown players, but they still needed free agency to get the World Series two years in a row. But most of the players came through agency and not trades.

forumcrew
what a tough way to lose

Smoltz gets 15 strikeouts, but gives up the homer to Carlos Beltran. Did anyone else think "hey, with first base open and Cliff Floyd up next, why not pitch around or intentionally walk Beltran"? Floyd had a Silver Sombrero, and Beltran is dangerous. I don't know why they didn't have a conference in the 8th about how to handle that situation. Who knows, with Beltran on first, and Floyd at the plate, that inning could have turned out much different.

yea but the wal smoltz was pitching i think you have to let him go after him.. and i dont know that taking smoltz out was the best idea ever.. not that it would have mattered since 2 runs were enough. But that really was a shame for him.. Although Pedro earned it more with i think 9 or 10 K's of his own and only 2 hits given up he did an amazing job..

and once again Seattle gets an early lead only to BLOW IT damn their bullpen! or well their entire pitching staff! they have been given a lot of run support and even early leads to work with! ahhh they piss me off so much

Dr. Strangelove
im too drunk to read ll that crap but i mean if a player wins a world series whats wrogn with going to a bad team to try and hel p- them win one? nothing but your mom is bad there! so i respect them more for leaving a winning unit to try and hel p mbuold a stronger team to win againg! so eyeA! you MOM!

Forumcrew needs to get drunk more often. His drunk posts are some of the funniest things I've seen on KMC. laughing

Harden looked good in his return. Right now he's the A's ace as I have no clue what Zito is going to do from start to start.

forumcrew
i know its uber early but this is just funny...

2005 American League East Standings:
TEAM................W.....L
(1)Toronto.........4.... 2
(2)Tampa Bay....3.....3
(3)Baltimore.......3......3
(4)Boston..........3......4
(5)NY Yankees...3......4

boy wont this be inverted in a month

Smasandian
Hey, dont discount the Blue Jays.
They will contend enough to provide a challenge. They have a decent, scrappy team this year.

forumcrew
yea but do you really think theres anyway boston and NY wont be 1 and 2?

Smasandian
There's no way they wont be.
But it could happen (im crossing my fingers).
2 years from now though, I can see the Blue Jays contend for a playoff spot if they're excellent young players improve to the point their suppose to be at and that the GM can actually use the extra 20-40 million dollars increased payroll.

forumcrew
i know its early but whos the biggest suprise to start the year so far?

I think Brian Roberts the O's 2nd basemen.. hes already hit 4 homeruns and hes hitting .414 behind only Ichiro in the AL although I think Ichiro's 0-4 today will drop that a lot., and his 4 HR leads the AL and is tied in the league.. granted its only 4 but he hit 5 all of last year.. hes stepping up in a big way

DanZeke25
Burrell Leading in RBI's

forumcrew
the mariners are still in 1st place! and they have the most runs scored and least allowed in their division! only if they had stronger bullpen to hold on to a few games they let slip away theyd be off to a great start

Smasandian
Yah, my Blue Jays are doing good, oh yeah.

forumcrew
should shefield be fined/suspended for what happened in tonights game with boston? I think it was uncalled for seeing as the fan barely touched him if he touched him at all

Dr. Strangelove
I think he should be suspended for a couple of games as he did try to punch the guy.

It was a good thing Sheffield kept his cool and security calmed matters or this could've been a disaster.

Smasandian
It was pretty bad.
He will get something and rightfully so. But also, its not cool having somebody touch ya when your playing.
Basketball and baseball are pretty dangerous in terms of people attacking the players. There is no sercurity near the field and the court.
I wont be surpraised if they're has been somebody attacked or will be attacked sooner or later.
I know the instances of that 3rd/1st baseball coach getting attacked and Seles the tennis player getting stabbed.

WindDancer
the mariners are still in 1st place! and they have the most runs scored and least allowed in their division! only if they had stronger bullpen to hold on to a few games they let slip away theyd be off to a great start

Currently both Mariners and Halo's are tied in first place. From the looks of it former Angels Guillen and Glaus are doing mighty good in the NL.

Linkalicious
When Lakers blues have you down....

*sigh*

atleast there's always the Angels to pick you back up.

forumcrew
It was pretty bad.
He will get something and rightfully so. But also, its not cool having somebody touch ya when your playing.
Basketball and baseball are pretty dangerous in terms of people attacking the players. There is no sercurity near the field and the court.
I wont be surpraised if they're has been somebody attacked or will be attacked sooner or later.
I know the instances of that 3rd/1st baseball coach getting attacked and Seles the tennis player getting stabbed.

yea that was a 1st base coach but soccer is the worst as far as crazy fans go

Smasandian
Oh for sure.

DanZeke25
I think he should be suspended. Thats was funny though, cause i was jumping up and down cause the Red Sox were winning, then all of a sudden i saw Sheffield swing at the fan. Lol i thought he did it for no reason at first.

Smasandian
Well, from what I saw the guy did touch him.
I think Sheffield should be suspended and also the guy who interfered should be banned from going to a game for the next year.
It doesnt matter how much he did touch him, but he still made the effort to do it.

forumcrew
props to derek lowe - 3 hitter CG shutout.. I hate boston for letting him go.. after the post season how could you not keep him especially with schilling hurt and pedro leaving!

JohnConstantine
How bout dem Dodgers. 7-2, best record in the majors. YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

forumcrew
and JD drew has had a very slow start and gagne is on the DL so starting 7-2 is great considering that. although they wont be able to win many games giving up 7, 8, and 10 runs which would put them at 4-5 had they not managed to run up the score even more.. but after last years dissapointing season they should be able to wrap up this division earlier and easily

DanZeke25
i hate JD Drew

forumcrew
i love the orioles for owning NY!.. and why the hell has Richie Sexson sat out 3 games! on the fantasy page it has a D by his name which I would think means Disabled list, but there is a * by guys who are injured usualy and as far as i can tell on the mariners roster page hes not injured.

Smasandian
Yah, the Blue Jays are leading the Wild Card. OH yeah.
Hahaha, oh that will change drastically in the next month, but atleast Roy Halladay is looking like the pitcher who won the Cy Young.

DanZeke25
I love it when the Yanks lose, and Steinbrenner gets mad.

forumcrew
went to the orioles game tonight and they got OWNED! I had really nice seats the most expensive ones you can get there other then a suite of course.. and the best part was they were free, and I dont care if they win.. so it was great for me. Plus since the game was free i felt ok buying $5 16 ounce beers it was a good time. Apparantly it was like the record low attendance in the past 10-15 years or something seems crazy after the big NY sweep

Dr. Strangelove
Anyone on KMC want to bat for the A's right now? I bet we could score more runs than what their putting up.laughing out loud

Anyways, it's not looking good for the A's and Giants. Benitez's injury kills the Giants as they now have to go to a bullpen by committee which has been okay so far but won't last and I have no idea how Barry's situation will come out.

The A's are just a terrible terrible offensive team right now. If there are some positives it's that their starting pitching has been better than expected and their bullpen has been excellent. Their offense will have to pick up sooner or later as Eric Chavez is not going to bat .200 for the year.

A few days ago I saw one of the best unintentional comedy moments of the year on Sportscenter. They were doing one of those fact or fiction things on the Yankees and when they asked John Kruk whether Brian Cashman would last they season, Kruk said "I say it's fact, he's had to work with limited resources the last few years," LIMITED RESOURCES!!! Brian Cashman GM of the New York Yankees; a team with a 200 million pay roll has LIMITED RESOURCES! What does this make the Devil Rays if the Yankees have LIMITED RESOURCES? Comedy at its finest!

Nice to see Dontrell Willis having a great year. That's the kind of guy you want to see succeed.

PINBALL
How bout the Mariners in there first game in the season there brand new richie sexson cranks two out of the park but now were on a 6 game loosing streak sad

forumcrew
Originally posted by PINBALL
How bout the Mariners in there first game in the season there brand new richie sexson cranks two out of the park but now were on a 6 game loosing streak sad

ah your an M's fan too? welcome to dissapointment land with me. Do you live around seattle?

DanZeke25
Its so funny to see the Yankees lose. SInce the Phillies and Red aren't doing anything, and The Red Sox are doing okay.

PINBALL
Im so pissed the damnMariners have good hitters but there bullpen is just shit theve dropped 9 out of 10 they dont deserve this they just came off a 99 losses last season we dont need more disappointment... what happened to our 95 teamsad Ive been a fan for so long its just starting to really piss me off and im sick of losing in like 30 years we got lik 4 division wins that it 0 world series appearencessad

forumcrew
i wouldnt bring up the years there several much longer streaks of no championships

evilempire1224
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Its so funny to see the Yankees lose. SInce the Phillies and Red aren't doing anything, and The Red Sox are doing okay.

ahh a mere 9 days ago the yankees were playing horrible... finally were doing better.. i understand that they are still 5 games behind first... but every team in the east especially the red sox feel us coming behind them... the yanks are a tidal wave every day they pick up more and more momentum.. and also Tino is amazing everyone... who would have thought he would be tided for the M.L. lead in homers with Alex..

DanZeke25
went to the Phillies game tonight. Against the Cards. It was doller hot dog day too, which is basically why i went. Abreu hit another home-run.. he is on fire.... i think he would have ten straight games with a homer except one game it hit the top of the wall. Phils won 7-5. Pedro from Napolean Dynamite was there to sing take me out to the ballgame.

forumcrew
Originally posted by evilempire1224
ahh a mere 9 days ago the yankees were playing horrible... finally were doing better.. i understand that they are still 5 games behind first... but every team in the east especially the red sox feel us coming behind them... the yanks are a tidal wave every day they pick up more and more momentum.. and also Tino is amazing everyone... who would have thought he would be tided for the M.L. lead in homers with Alex..

i must point out SCHEDULE! look who NY has been playing.. we will see if they are back on track once they play some real teams. and the bigger suprise then tino is that Brian Roberts is at 11 HR, Clint barnes is leading the NL in BA, and Garland and Willis are the leading pitchers

Dr. Strangelove
While the Yankees have been playing weak teams, an 11 game winning streak is still impressive no matter who you face. I think the Yankees will cool off soon, but I do think they will battle Boston and Baltimore for the division. They are old but they are still probably the most talented team out there.

The two problems that I see happening is if the Yankees age starts becoming a factor as the season deepens and they really can't make any trades to strengthen them for the stretch run since most of their players are untradable. The Yankees three man DH (Giambi, Bernie, Sierra) almost costs as much as the Devil Rays. laughing out loud

PINBALL
Too bad the mariners snapped their win streak the mainers are playing a hard teams they play boston the ny then boston then ny now there playing the padres who had a 8 game win streak. Until last night

forumcrew
yea when i looked at the mariners schedule i was like wow they might not win a game in may lol There should be a stat for robbing home runs, because i think ichiro could set the record this year

Aldaron
Yanks are doing fine, so are the Mets. Even Washington is better, as well are the O's. Subway Series, North V.S South (Sox, Cubs), Battle of L.A., Battle of/by the Bay, Battle of Ohio, and Florida that the O's and Nats didn't play against each other. Not fair, now that's a rivalry.

forumcrew
Brian Roberts and Javy Lopez got hurt tonight in Sosa's first game back

Smasandian
Im soo happy about my Blue Jays.
3rd place in the east (thats good) and above the Yankee's.

I dont care what place they eventually get but this team is much better than last couple of years, funny since Delgado is gone.
It all depends on Roy Halliday, who is going to be having a monster season. Tied MLB in wins, thats awesome.

forumcrew
im not sure how i feel about instant replay for baseball.. but the orioles lost a game on a horrible Balk call tonight.. that when looking at the replay was clearly not a balk.. and brain roberts may have been safe when stealing earlier on.

DanZeke25
well, i think there should be replay, but only if its absolutley needed, or maybe just in the playoffs

forumcrew
the only problem i can see is strike zone. this is a bit far fetched.. but if they keep using technology to rule on plays how far off is a "digital" strike zone.. they already have the "K-zone" for tvs.. wouldnt be hard to call balls and strikes more accuratly from the booth and relay to the umpire.. or even if not can instant replay be used on a strike/ball call? do coaches get x# of challenges like in the NFL and the rest of the time the umpires can use it, if they are not sure.

Smasandian
Strike zone should not be replayed. Its part of the game because its all about knowing the ump behind the plate. It gives baseball its mystique.

Replay should only be used for homeruns considering alot of playoffs have started and ended with some punk kid catching the ball when it clearly shows that it wouldnt of gone over. Or even for foul balls.

But never for strikes. That would take so much bloody time and i dont think its useful either because the strikezone is more about the umpires opinion on where it is than a definite answer.

Considerings its near the All Star break, who do you think is going to win the Cy Young etc etc?

DanZeke25
yeah it shouldnt be used for strikes. I think Cy Young is Dontrelle Willis. MVP, well i want it to be Abreu because he never got enough credit for how good he is, and he is on the Phillies big grin but i think Derek Lee might get it too. AL cy young is Garland, and AL MVP, i dont know.

forumcrew
if NY gets it together A-Rod maybe.. in the NL prolly Lee Jones is looking strong now also. I agree with Dan's Cy young picks as of now.

lets do some Over/Under!

1)Someone hitting 55 homeruns (i think 42 was tops last year)
2)Derek Lee winning 2 of the tripple crown categories
3)Ichiro BA .340 (low seeing as he was supposed to be the guy who could hit .400)
4)Al and NL East having combined 4 teams in the playoffs
5)Braves winning 14th straight
6)Whitesox 110 wins
7)Randy Johnson 20 wins
8)Red Sox 1 world series win (guess this is under or push)
9)Curt Schilling 10 wins
10)Bonds 10 Home Runs (heard some rumers he may be back in july)

Holy shit Griffey has played the 3rd most games on the reds so far!
11)Griffey play in 120 games
12)Griffey hit 25 home runs
13)Yankees personnel fired or veteran players traded/sent down 2
14)Dontrelle Willis ERA 2.50

ok i think thats good someone else tack on some more

and oh yea my slight rant.. Bernie williams is too old and needs to go, and the NL west may actually be worse then the AL West i mean even with bonds out giants and LA are a disapointment

forumcrew
ok and heres my picks..

1)under
2)under (BA is a lock i think, but RBI he will suffer cause of his teams weakness and HR will be close)
3)over (gotta hope he and his team gets it together but i fear they wont)
4)over (i know its a stretch but im sayin 5!)
5)over but it will be their hardest yet
6)under
7)under
8)push if schilling is back healthy otherwise under
9)over assuming above
10)over believing he will be back in a month or 2
11)under
12)under
13)over
14)under

DanZeke25
1 under
2 under
3 under
4 under
5 nope
6 under
7 under by far
8 push
9 over
10 over
11 under
12 over
13 over
14 under

Smasandian
I think Roy Halladay over Garland. Garland is having a great year, but Halladay has one less win and one more loss, 2.40 ERA(1.00 less than Garland),40 more K's, 30 more innings and five complete games.

Garland's teammate looks even better. Buehrle is having a better year than Garland.

forumcrew
the NY post had an article saying that NYY and the NYM are ready to make a deal for shefield for cameron.. theres no way the yankees would actually do that is therE? Thats like me giving you a $100 for your $5

DanZeke25
are you sure its not Bernie for Cameron?

forumcrew
yes im sure, because bernie is pretty piss poor as of now, cameron is liek 5 years younger then shef and a better defender and a pretty decent hitter. Apparantly the deal give the yanks a second decent player as well which makes more sense.

btw im glad i got atleast 1 or 2 people back talking in this thread

Smasandian
Yeah, it was pretty bad.

DanZeke25
yeah... i thinkl it would be stupid for the Yankees, but i hate the yankees so i wouldnt mind them doing it, but then i dont want them to do it because it will make the Mets better

forumcrew
Yes NY is now in 4th place after gettin shelled by Detroit and Toronto killed Boston.

Smasandian
Toronto has been killing Boston all year. Currently, its 7-2 for the entire series.

forumcrew
Jeter is NOT on the all-star team, and the O's and Sox have the middle covered, with Varitek, tejada, roberts, and damon all starting, then ortiz at DH and Manny will be in either Right or Left.. and little NY only has A-Rod at 3rd.. thats gotta be hard to get along. But I love it.

DanZeke25
No.. Jeter might get the final two all-stars, hes in the voting. Make sure you vote for Brett Myers too. Or Wagner. Theyre Phillies so vote for them!!!

woah and read this, about the Home Run Derby.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050701&content_id=1111356&vkey=allstar2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

forumcrew
yea he will prolly end up making it, but i hope he doesnt

Smasandian
There goes the Blue Jays season. Halladay gone for the month.
And he's chance of getting the Cy Young also.

And being the starting pitcher for the All-Star game.
Why cant this happen to the top teams. Like Orioles losing Tejada or Boston losing Rameriz, or etc.etc.

forumcrew
orioles are back in 3rd now or it may be tied but they were back a half game... why didnt they make some moves when they were rockin? to add another good pitcher or something!

DanZeke25

Why cant this happen to the top teams. Like Orioles losing Tejada or Boston losing Rameriz, or etc.etc.

instead of that.. how about the Yankees lose A-Rod, Jeter, SHeffield, Matsui, and Johnson. big grin

Smasandian
Exactly.
Its not fair.

When Halladay went down for a month, their should be a rule that makes teams with payrolls over 100 million dollars give their second richest player on loan for the amount of time it takes the injured player to get back. big grin

forumcrew
heh, think how the reds feel losing griffey all those times, or the giants with no bonds right now.. hell the cubs without lee for 3 games prolly almost quit all together after their pitching issues...

and redsox no schilling orioles lost matos for a while, sosa, javy lopez, and a couple others. So Toronto isnt exactly being singled out

Smasandian
Oh I know.
But the difference is that most of those teams are capable of providing backup due to the fact they have money.

DanZeke25
WAHOO!! Go Abreu!!!!!

forumcrew
WAHOO!! Go Abreu!!!!!

yea mad props for that.. an amazing feet

forumcrew
congrats to Raffy on 3,001!

DanZeke25
I really hope the Phillies trade Thome. He will not do anything this year or next year or anything. And Ryan Howard is gonna be great. Walk-Off homer last night. big grin They say he's gonna be the next David Ortiz. And Chase Utley is fantastic too, he's gonna be one of the best clutch hitters ever. The Phillies have a really bright future. Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Brett Myers has been great and he's only 24 i think, Gavin Floyd i think will be really good, And Cole Hamels is one the the top rated pospects in the minors and has been great in AA.

Dr. Strangelove
A's are looking pretty pretty good right now. They probably won't catch the Californiaanaheimlosangeles Angels but they could give a run for their money.

Hudson Street should be AL rookie of the year if he doesn't have any meltdowns in the stretch run. The guy has been lights out!

forumcrew
i think you forgot the words america,earth, and universe in the angels name laughing

forumcrew
as of this morning D. Lee was leading all tripple crown categories.. can he do it? I think RBI will be a problem

DanZeke25
I think its gonna be really hard, but yeah probaly RBI's is the hardest because no one on the cubs can get on base, lol they are like almost last in OBP with there first 2 batters, I dont see him doing it though,

forumcrew
nomar coming back will help, and they have another guy i cant remember his name at the moment whos could actually beat him in home runs, and will prevent people from walking him at least

Ast Rofan
as of this morning D. Lee was leading all tripple crown categories.. can he do it? I think RBI will be a problem

I hate the cubs, but I hope D Lee gets the crown. U have always liked him.

On another note, who is next closest to 3000 hits? Craig Biggio is closing in, maybe next year.

forumcrew
orioles are stupid... get swept by the the D rays and they are getting rid of a starter rather then adding a new one...

Dr. Strangelove
Well it's not like Ponson is helping the O's much anyways.

forumcrew
yea but when you need a starter you cant exactly go give up a starter.. Ponson did pretty good in his last start. But Nevin said no to the trade anyway so it wont matter.

Dr. Strangelove
I guess Rafe's been taking something other than Viagra...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2121659

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I guess Rafe's been taking something other than Viagra...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2121659

i couldnt believe it when i first heard it.. there goes the Hall of Fame

forumcrew
yep, a lot of people already didnt think he was good enough for the hall, but because of his all time numbers hed of had to make it, but now hes done. As is the O's season (but that was done before this anyway)

Smasandian
I dont know. Rafe has the number to easily get in the Hall Of Fame but if he is not allowed too, then Mcguire, and Bonds shouldnt either.

I do agree that it sends a bad message if he's allowed but they're better not pick and choose who goes in.

DanZeke25
Im not sayign that hes not allowed.. i just dont think he'll get voted in now because of this

forumcrew
i dont think he gets in easy without it. I heard a lot of guys on espn shows saying they didnt think he deserved it just because he stayed healthy and consistent. They didnt think he was an all time great. only like 4 all star games and only 1 start in them i think. Id sorta agree with them, but if he hits 600 home runs hed have to just on #'s alone.

Smasandian
But on stats alone, he should get in.

Over 3000 hits, maybe 600 home runs, tons of RBI's. Thats pretty crazy.
ESPN guys froget that Palmerio had somebody on his team called Cal Ripken who always got the spotlight. No wonder why he rarely got chosen considering MLB rules that state each team has to have 1 player in the game, and considering the Orioles werent that good, they usually only had one player.
Also, on the Rangers he had Putch on the team and they werent that good either.
Anyways, if measuring somebodies greatness by using the amount of All Star games, then thats a joke. How many times has somebody been on the team due to popularity.

I just think if they put McGwire in the Hall of Fame, then they should bring Palmiero too. He has twice the amount of hits, will have the same amount of HR's, 30 point higher average. Each have the almost the same amount of playoff appearances. Its true that he has more AB's than McGwire, but so has alot of people in the Hall of fame.

forumcrew
yea i agree, but i dont think mcgwire was anything special. I love that ryan franklin and palmerio are denying that they took the roids still....

and i think the most over looked story this year, is Ken Griffey Jr. Hes actually having a real season this year. Im happy to see him playing well and not hurt again.

Smasandian
Yeah, it is pretty funny. Maybe they spiked his drink?

True, I think he should of stayed in Seattle. But oh well.

DanZeke25
heres a funny comment from Connan O Brien.

"Yeah, George Steinbrenner has a horse in the Kentucky Derby this year. Yeah. Apperently he's expected to lose and blame it on pitching."

Smasandian
I dont feel sorry for the Yankees.
Maybe Stienbrenner should hire a Beane type of GM and not throw out lots of money, and see how well the team does.

Dr. Strangelove
Cashman is a good GM, the problem is George is running the team right now, making all the moves to his liking and of course spending, spending, spending. In consequence, he's running them into the ground, like the Yankees of the 80's.

Not that I have any problem with this.

forumcrew
hes about to spend more prolly. Any pitchers on waivers NY will take just to block Boston.. which could be romero and guardado

DanZeke25
I dont feel sorry for the Yankees.

How can you feel sorry for the Yankees? If anybody felt sorry for the Yankees i would slap them. w00t

Smasandian
Hahaha. Yep.

Walfredo
How can you feel sorry for the Yankees? If anybody felt sorry for the Yankees i would slap them. w00t

Is there a line forming, I would like to as well. smile

Do you guys know why most of the Nationals games aren't on comcast in DC by chance? Something to do with Angelos of the orioles?

forumcrew
comcast is out of baltimore i believe (im in bmore and its the dominant carrier up here, and they always have O's on)

Walfredo
The O's are safe as far as I know. But have you been able to see any of the Nationals games? Something about them overlapping in their TV rights and your owner, Angelos fusing with the unwavering comcast who in the end won't show any nats games. We're hostage, I swear. I don't get how this works?

forumcrew
i have seen some nationals games on.... Im glad rogers got SHELLED tonight because he should still be suspended. And the O's should bench Palmerio for the rest of the year seeing as they cant win anything anyway.

Walfredo
Some of the past series have been on but thats because comcast has chosen to air a limited selection of the games. But hey did it blindly at the beginning of the year. I am trying to find the scheduel but basically any day is a guessing game whether it will be on. Just like the atlanta series, when it matters, comcast might not deliver.

forumcrew
well atl games are always on TBS unless it gets blacked out by MLB

DanZeke25
Go Phillies! Only .5 out of the WC. Big series with the Nationals starts tonight.

Where i am, i get all the Phillies games on comcast. And i get some of the Braves on TBS, and thats it besides whats on ESPN.

Smasandian
Well IM pretty happy with my blue jays.

Watch out next year, or the next, cause were going to be trouble.

DanZeke25
Darn, we lost, and the Astros won.. We need to win tommorow.

jks
Well what does everyone think the playoffs and awards will look like?

Me? I see it like this.

Al west: Angels. Even though oakland has been on a tear, I don't think they will be able to keep it up for another month.

Central: Over already, white sox.

East. Red sox. Yankees pitching is too horrid.

WC: oakland

white sox vs oakland: I can actually imagine oakland taking this in 5.

Red sox vs angels: Red sox. Too much talent.

Red sox vs oakland: Red sox, again, too much talent.
AL mvp: Manny

Al cy young: ehh, one of the chicago guys

AL roy: ??

NL:

West: Padres I guess.

Central: already over, cards

East: Might as well be over, braves

WC: this will be the best race in baseball. Florida is the most talented team on paper, the phillies and nats are playing better and houston has clemens, oswalt and pettite, and a weak offense. I still think florida will pull it out.

Cards vs. marlins: Gotta go with the cards, though with florida's pitching, an upset wouldn't surprise me.

Braves vs. padres: Padres lucky to last 4 games. Braves win.

Cards vs. braves: Very interesting match up. Atlanta has the edge starting pitching wise, and the cards have the edge offensively. This could turn into a battle of bullpens, and that has traditionally been the braves weakspot in the post season. Cards win

WS: Cards vs red sox. i think the teams switch roles this year. The cards pitching is much better than last years, and the red sox pitching isn't as good.

NL mvp: Forget derek lee. Unless he actually wins the triple crown, he shouldn't be mentioned because the cubs suck. That leaves us with albert pujols and andruw jones. Pujols has a HUGE lead in avg, but he's also had all star calibre bats around him all year. Even with rolen or walker out, he still had edmonds. Andruw literally was the braves offense for 2 months with chipper jones out, he was the only regular starter with more than 3 years exp. Andruw jones should be nl mvp.

NL cy young: even though guys like carpenter and smoltz have had outstanding years, it's basically been a 2 man race since day 1 between willis and clemens. Willis has fallen off pretty bad since july, and clemens keeps rolling. Clemens wins

NL roy: Jeff francoeur. In only a month or so of playing, is already second among rookies in hr, hitting over .400, and is a stellar defender, with 8 of assist already.

Walfredo
well atl games are always on TBS unless it gets blacked out by MLB

Yes, well you lucky. I just want to watch baseball its simple, just like the rest but comcast says no. Like the phillies game tonight, I don't think its on. Crapper.

IT is a huge series, and the Nationals are starting to turn around a little bit. Its a good thing its not at home because I think the mentality of that park being huge kills our offense.

DanZeke25
Angels vs. White Sox: Sox in 5
Oakland vs. Red Sox: Sox in 4
Red Sox vs. White Sox: Red Sox in 6

The NL wildcard is totally out there, and but im just gonna put in the Phillies cause they are my favorite team.

Phillies vs. Cards: Cards win in 4
Brave vs. Padres Braves win in 5, yes thats right, i dont not see how the Brave do it every year, and i dont not think they are that good.
Braves vs. Cardianal: Cards kill, they win in 5.

Red Sox vs. Cardinals: I'm picking the Red Sox cause there also my favorite team, but that is defiantely going 7.

AL Cy Young: i dont know
AL MVP: Vlad
NL MVP: Puljos
NL CY Young: Clemens should get it. He doing fantastic, but unfortunatley he's on the Astros, and has lost like 6 1-0 games. His ERA is like 1.4 too. But Carpenter will get it, because he might have 22 win by the time the season ends. Smoltz? Yeah right.. he shouldnt be anywhere near them two.

forumcrew
Originally posted by jks

NL roy: Jeff francoeur. In only a month or so of playing, is already second among rookies in hr, hitting over .400, and is a stellar defender, with 8 of assist already.

dont think you can give ROY to a guy who didnt even play half the year.

jks
dont think you can give ROY to a guy who didnt even play half the year. Sure you can, it's happened before.

forumcrew
well ok then smile

I think Damon could be the MVP as much as manny.. i mean they considered trading manny and he said he wanted off the team... Damon has lead the league in average and helps hold the team together. And its not one of the Chi Sox guys its gotta be Garland hes got i think 3 wins more. If NY manages to take this WC A-Rod is prolly the MVP

botankus
Got a question for you baseball fans: A few months ago I was at a Mets game and saw a fan that had a T-shirt on that said,

You
Are
Now
Knowingly
Embracing
Evil

which, of course, has the first letters spell out "YANKEE." I looked all over ebay and cannot find this shirt. It's for a friend. Anybody have any suggestion where this guy might have gotten this shirt?

Smasandian
Maybe, he made it himself and pressing store?

botankus
Possibly. If it's out there, I want to get it for my friend, who's a Yankee's fan. He wouldn't care; he would love it.

DanZeke25
Go Phillies!!! .5 up on the WC!!! and maybe only 2.5 out of the division if the Braves lose!!!

Man, if they won the division that would be great. Cause first of all, the Braves wouldnt have won it, second of all they would be playing probaly the Padres, instead of the Cardinals. And we kill the Padres all the time. Then is the Braves get very very lucky, or whoever wins the WC, and beats the Cardinals(who dont have Rolen anymore) then we can beat them. And we would be off to the World Series!!!

But first off, we have to keep playing like we are. And thats not a given in Philadelphia.

forumcrew
I think the Marlins will be the WC. And i really hope NY stays out of it, but they are creeping up some. Be cool if the Indians got it.

DanZeke25
Going to the Phillies game tonight! Big Game. Hopefully they win. They should have last night. They almost came back, but Myers sucked in the first inning and that why they lost.

So.... Go Phillies and Red Sox!! And Reds!! even though they are out of it.

And Go Indians/A's/Angels/Anybody who plays the Yankees!!.

forumcrew
heh, have fun at the game tonight, its one of 2 important ones for the NL WC tonight. and Bonds *MIGHT* play tonight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>