Difficult games to beat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savagerampage
What do u think are the hardest games to clear, oldschool, and current.
i can usually clear most games in a few hours or a day. But there are some that are bloody impossible

here are my lists.

Supermario 3- when this game came out i spent tons of hours trying to pass it. i hated level 5, 7 and 8 when u are in bowsers land, fighting all the ships,tanks, and that blasted mini fortress where i could never find the right door. I remember snapping at anyone who came into my room, if i lost i would blame them for me losing hahhaha classic gaming.

f-zero - simply a pain in the Ass to clear.
ninja gaiden series
mega man series.

f-zero gx- does someone have any cheat codes this game is brutaly difficult

megaman x games.

metriod series

those are just some of them.

ChickinMeat
Ive been playing Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World on my GBA recently, im finding this one a tough cookie.

Linkalicious
I've never really had a hard time with Mario games aside from finding bowser in #1. I still can't remember the high low combo. sad

Megaman X games are tough...usually because of how you have to hit the buttons while controling Megaman.

Ninja Gaiden was a son of a ***** to beat.

Darth Putte

dark1365
Metroid Prime.

savagerampage
lolol i can clear mario 3 with ease now 2. but i was talking about doing all 8 worlds no whistles lol

Draco69
Devil May Cry 3 wacko

savagerampage
hahah yeah im having trouble with this one 2

sai12
Hehe, wow makes me feel kinda special to have beat Ninja Gaiden without help, when you all think its soo tough. I know you people know their games....

And just to mention, I love Ninja Gaiden!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Eh, not to say it wasn't tough, cuz it was. I hated those fish things towards the end! They were soo hard to get by! It was like the fire wheels spell never lasted long enough....

Ecco the Dolphin was a REALLY hard game! I mean, seriously tough!! (It was a Dreamcast game)

Umm, I'm not a real gamer, so jeez, I'm having the toughest time trying to remember games that were hard! You would think they all would be! *sigh*

savagerampage
double dragon 3 for the nes was a pain in the ass, not really till the egypt stage where there jumping would be horrible and u would fall to ur death. I hated that stage, took me forever to pass it. And then ur on the moving platform and if u get knocked off ur toast. thank god for that ninja dude, he was the best jumper fighter in the game.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by dark1365
Metroid Prime.

yeah dude, i remember borrowing it and a cube off a friend, i couldnt play it at all!

Had to find some boss, and i got lost on the map for 1 and a half hours.

dark1365
Yeah.

My friend bought the game two years ago.
Sill hasn't finished. In fact, he hasn't even seen Meta Ridley.

ChickinMeat
I got to the plant boss, after 3 hours of searching (got lost 1 and a half hours, turned game off, went back to it, got lost another hour and half and found boss by mistake)

I couldnt beat the plant boss, i found it impossible! sad thing is i think that was the first boss embarrasment

dark1365
First boss wasn't the plant thing I think. Anything that appears on your HUD with a name and health bar would be a boss.

I think first boss was something Queen thingy thing.

Even worse, Meta Ridley is apparently harder than killing SA-X. I've played Fusion and destroying SA-X was a monumental task; It took me three days to find out a technique, and another one to actually beat it.

ChickinMeat
hmmm, my friends had it for 2 years, and he still hasnt completed it.

i think weve worked it out, theres hard games, theres very hard games, theres extremly hard games...

then theres metroid prime hard games.

Joker1237
Pitt Fighter. You pick out of 3 fighters to battle one on one, or 3 one 1.

IF you try to adovid being hit, dont worry about ducking you get hit any way, as the contact thing is hard. The enemy has a LARGER life bar than you.

And when you win, you wont get the lost life back. You only have 1 health bar. and when its gone, you dont have no conts. I used Game Geneie on this thing, and I still could not beat it lol.

dave123
http://tartarus.uwa.edu.au/~wedgey/slime1/

Go on.... just TRY to beat it

SlipknoT
Beat it

Swanky-Tuna
Shining Force 2 was kind of tricky to beat because on the second and third to last battles, the boss of the battle can take out casters in 1 hit and your tanks in 2 hits.

If you survive the second hit there's usually a lizardman or something around to take off the last sliver of hitpoints.

dark1365
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
hmmm, my friends had it for 2 years, and he still hasnt completed it.

i think weve worked it out, theres hard games, theres very hard games, theres extremly hard games...

then theres metroid prime hard games.
The one with not very much shooting and more trying to find out where to go next. Yep. Sounds a lot like Resident Evil, if you ask me. erm

Darth Jello
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese)/The Lost Levels was a huge pain in the ass
more recently, Metriod Fusion and parts of Final Fantasybig grinawn of Souls were absolutely nightmarish (Ridley-X and the Soul of Chaos dungeons) X-Men for the NES was hard simply because it was programmed badly, and I still haven't beaten either Kid Icarus game.

Joker1237
Yeah never got by Mario 2 lol. I did beat 3 though.

dark1365
Ridley-X wasn't hard. I beat him first time, first try. Just jump a lot and pelt him with missles. Even when he grabs you, keep pelting.

Darth Jello
i meant the lost levels, which is the japanese super mario bros. 2

ArthasKnight
Isn't that the one where you pull up radishes and you can be Mario, Toad, Peach, and Luigi? Yeah that game's a pain. I could never get very far. I never had trouble with any Mario game but that one.

But the one that stumped me was Paper Boy for NES. I could get all the way to sunday but could never beat it.

Maestro
Ghosts and Ghouls on the Snes, i guarantee you that is the hardest game to beat.

Darth Jello
no, that's the american one. the japanese one was available as part of all-stars as "the lost levels" and part of Super Mario Bros. DX in heavily bastardized form as "super mario bros. for super players" it's the one that has 20 hidden levels, wind,and poisonous mushrooms. The full Japanese Title is Super Mario Bros. 2: For Super Players

Magee
Pacman yes

I have it on Neo Geo and have played the classic a few times and never have i got passed the 3rd stage lol.

ScarFace Clone
MGS if you are a newbi at the series

ChickinMeat
yeah, i found MGS pretty difficult first time round.

JToTheP
Mega Man games are A LOT harder then Mega Man X games, anyone who thinks X games are harder, maybe shouldn't play the two series' anymore. Jak 2 was pretty damn hard, I never had a problem with a Mario game, and I ignored Mario Sunshine since it was garbage. GTA: SA got pretty tough in the Desert, and of course TimeSplitters:Future Perfect's challenges & story mode are hard, RE4 Professional mode. Viewtiful Joe on Adult and beyond, Devil May Cry 3, Manhunt. Silent Hill series for me....I don't know what it is, maybe it's the lack of weaponry you get....I CAN NOT beat ANY of these games, I played 1-3, and I bombed horribly. I got to the "Alternate" Construction Yard in 3, but that was about it.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Darth Jello
no, that's the american one. the japanese one was available as part of all-stars as "the lost levels" and part of Super Mario Bros. DX in heavily bastardized form as "super mario bros. for super players" it's the one that has 20 hidden levels, wind,and poisonous mushrooms. The full Japanese Title is Super Mario Bros. 2: For Super Players

I didn't have problems with "Lost Levels" in the All-Star collection, until I saw the final Bowser, there was absolutely no opening I saw, and I was forced to take a hit and get the hammer as small mario, but there was also no mushroom in the final world, so I had to stay big for the last 2 worlds....not fun to try and not advised.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese)/The Lost Levels was a huge pain in the ass
more recently, Metriod Fusion and parts of Final Fantasybig grinawn of Souls were absolutely nightmarish (Ridley-X and the Soul of Chaos dungeons) X-Men for the NES was hard simply because it was programmed badly, and I still haven't beaten either Kid Icarus game.

Ridley-X was a joke, the only boss that was hard was Nightmare, until I found out you can use missiles the entire time against him.

dark1365
The crazy spider boss was insane for noobs though. Nightmare was OK, I beat him in three tries. Spider and SA-X took me two days each.

JToTheP
n00bs should play Super Metroid, it's one of the easiest to get used to, also the greatest game of the entire series, with Zero Mission a VERY close second, but being to new to be classic yet. The Prime saga is absolutely amazing, but the 3D gameplay is extremely difficult at times. I wish Nintendo would make the next Metroid game look AS gorguess as Prime 1 & 2, but be 2D.

SA-X was a pain in the ass, along with getting 100% in Fusion, 20 energy tanks is horrible, and WAY too much energy.

Phoenix Aska
wow your kool you can beat most games in a day..

y would you do that?

I can bet that you don't do any side quests or extra stuff then in games if you just go through games like that...

dark1365
ASKA'S BACK ONLINE!!11

StinkFist462
mega man for NES . bastard to beat

TrAnCeDuO
that zoids game for the Gamecube. i guarantee you that the game is is impossible to beat.(the game is terrible so i don't think anyone would bother playing it anyways)

Swanky-Tuna
The Silver Surfer game for the NES. Impossible to beat.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Head over Heels on the Commodore 64 tested my patience to the very limit. In more recent times no other game has given me as harder time as Ninja Gaiden. A fantastic game.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
wow your kool you can beat most games in a day..

y would you do that?

I can bet that you don't do any side quests or extra stuff then in games if you just go through games like that...

Who was this directed at?

dark1365
I usually beat them as fast as I can and then try it out again, slower.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.