Who's your favourite actor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stefan Kojic
Do not confuse this thread with the one about your favourite CHARACTERS, I'm talking about ACTORS both from the OT and the current one. My favourite SW actor is Samuel Jackson.

NOTIFICATION: If you can do not choose your best actors for their looks!

ickeris2003
I really enjoy Natlie Portmans work. shes a very good actress. loved her in closer and garden state to but also does a good job in the star wars movies! cool

Lord Banshee
rolling on floor laughing Christopher Lee

jedi2187
Mark Hamill. cool

The Ones
mark hammil is a cry baby. he even taught jake lloyd how to whine!

anyway i have to go with natalie portman

bilb
Oh no.. Ewan!! THE BEST actor, fantastic voice and quite easy on the eyes!!! cool

smoker4
Billy Dee Williams

Spacehttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/pimp.gif

bilb
Smoke... laughing

jedi2187
Originally posted by The Ones
mark hammil is a cry baby. he even taught jake lloyd how to whine!

anyway i have to go with natalie portman

Luke: "Can we go to the Toshi sta--"
Ben: "NO! For the LAST TIME, NO!"

smoker4
Bilb

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/serenade.gif

My messenger is like this at the momenthttp://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/daz.gif

bilb
where did you get that smilie!! too funny!!

smoker4
http://www.my-smileys.de/

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/00009179.gif

bilb
Thanks Smoke!!

bill9d9
Originally posted by smoker4
Billy Dee Williams

Spacehttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/pimp.gif

Billy Dee: "When you're maxing and relaxing with some fine ladies, nothin goes down better than some ice-cold, smooth Colt .45's!"

Ladies: "Oh Billy Dee!!"

Billy Dee: "Ha Ha! Everytime!"

One of the greatest comercials of ALL time.

smoker4
http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpimp/images/colt45.gif

laughing out loud

Stefan Kojic
Sorry, but since I'm new here, how do you place those sigs?

The Ones
laughing

Stefan Kojic
Good one, Smoke! laughing

bilb
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
Sorry, but since I'm new here, how do you place those sigs?

Its in you profile/user control panel

Smoke.. You have WAY too much hard drive space!! laughing

The Ones
i dont http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/crash_2.gif

bill9d9
Smoke, that pic RULES!! rock

Eleonora
I used to be in love with Harrison Ford as a little girl but now I don't think of him as a great actor, he's more of a myth for me, although I think his performance in "Regarding Henry" was Oscar-worthy and the Indy films blew me away. I like Ewan McGregor very much, he's original and funny, even though I don't think he's an excellent actor yet, and I think Hayden Christensen's picks have been brave (he was terrific in "Shattered Glass"wink and clever. Looking forward to seeing him in action again. wink
I'm always interested in minor characters and actors but it would be too long to write them all down (for example I like Julian Glover as an actor).

DeadStar
Mine is Ian becuase hes just plain evil =) starwars

LightSaber_Part
Alec Guinness. yes

Stunrun
Harrison Ford all the way!cool

LandoSpeeder2
Mine is that one dude dressed in mostly white. one of the stormtroopers, the one walking.

kitfisto
me is ewan mcgregor

Sith Master X
Ewan McGregor!

Stunrun
My Top Ten

1. Harrison Ford
2. Alec Guiness
3. Mark Hamill
4. Billy Dee Williams
5. Christopher Lee
6. Samuel L. Jackson
7. Liam Neeson
8. Ewan McGregor
9. Peter Cushing
10. Carrie Fisher

Darth_Nefarus
OT: Harrison Ford. He actually had a career that did something.

PT: Ewan McGregor. If you've seen Trainspotting, you'll love this guy.

Stunrun
i suppose Alec Guiness is THE greatest actor in Star Wars. I mean he is the only actor/actress in Star Wars to be nominated for his acting at the Academy Awardsyes

stefaan
Hmm i don't know, i really like Ewan mcGregor but i guess also Ian McDiarmaid because he plays such versatile roles in SW.
Goodie-Two--Shoes Palpatine (especially in the first) and on the other side Darth Sidious how merciless.

Wat Tambor
Samuel L. Jackson and Ian McDiarmaid big grin

Joakim
My favorites is actor rolling on floor laughing smile big grin

Christopher Lee (Greve Dooku) and Ian McDiarmid (Emporor Sidious)

Stefan Kojic
Love DeadStars smilies, though I sense the Dark Side in him... shifty

astrofan428
Ewan McGregor hands down for me. Though from what I have seen I think Hayden will be amazing in ROTS.

Stunrun
Greve Dooku????blink

Red Superfly
Oooh that's tough.

I'm a fan of them all really, even Hayden. I think all actors in Star Wars are excellent, and that the characters let them down, and the scripts/directing.

I think out of them all it has to be Alec Guiness, the man brings such homely warmth and his performance shines through the typical wonky scripts and he adds credibility to every scene he is in.

Samuel L Jackson is a superb actor elsewhere, but in Star Wars he hasn't come close to his acting potential. Same thing goes for Portman, Hayden and McGregor. Four actors that haven't at all shown us what they are capable of.

I'm hoping Hayden and McGregor get better scripts and directing this time, because I highly rate both actors, I want their performances to be awesome in III. They should be. Any director that doesn't make cinema gold with these two bouncing off each other needs to be shot.

I'm warning you Lucas.

Malic Clanorian
Ewan, Harrison, Liam

Stunrun
i totally agree. Hayden has had alot of criticism about his acting abilities, all he needs is a decent script to prove himselfyes

BAILY
Top Five Favourite SW Prequel Actors (with Actual Acting Talent):

1. Ewan McGregor
2. Christopher Lee
3. Ian McDiarmid
4. Liam Neeson
5. Hayden Christensen

Honorable Mention: Jimmy Smits (because Bail Organa ROCKS!!)

Top Four Favourite SW OT Actors (with Actual Acting Talent):

1. Peter Cushing
2. Alec Guinness
3. Harrison Ford
4. Ian McDiarmid

Couldnt think of 5 good actors from the OT

brendy
Christopher Lee all the way my old friend.

umraan
natalie portman because she is sooooo fu*king hot!!!

peluffo
Ewan, Liam, Ian.

Samuel is too bad in the prequels.

smoker4
Originally posted by bilb
Its in you profile/user control panel

Smoke.. You have WAY too much hard drive space!! laughing

laughing http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/lach.gif laughing

((The_Anomaly))
im sorry, but to me Ian McDiarmaid is far and away the best actor in the SW movies, hes my hero, hes so good, it gives me shivers....

Eleonora
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
OT: Harrison Ford. He actually had a career that did something.

PT: Ewan McGregor. If you've seen Trainspotting, you'll love this guy.

I agree about Harrison, but personally I hated Trainspotting, although Ewan was fantastic in it.
Red Superfly I totally agree with you about Hayden.
I think nobody could criticize Alec Guinness, have any of you seen "Kind hearts and coronets"?

achtung baby
I like alec guiness, but harrison ford and samuel.l.jackson are my favourites

prod_
portman wink

Gollum1956
Natalie Portman big grin

Mr Parker
Harrison Ford all the way.

LandoSpeeder2
If I was an extra, it would be me. stick out tongue

BAILY
Natalie Portman cant act... all she is good for is eye candy... and what sweet candy she is

JKozzy
Originally posted by bilb
Oh no.. Ewan!! THE BEST actor, fantastic voice and quite easy on the eyes!!! cool ...I actually have to agree. Ewan brings a certain... something, to the Prequel trilogy.

NoFate007
Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor. I like SLJ a lot, but I don't think he's the best in the Star Wars realm. Hayden I think would be doing very well if it wasn't for Lucas' scriptwriting. Portman is good, but again, bad lines and such. Ford of course was awesome too.

BAILY
Originally posted by JKozzy
...I actually have to agree. Ewan brings a certain... something, to the Prequel trilogy.

He is charming Koz.....

bilb
well, thats one word for it i guess... droolio cool

EHmasterJedi
I id have say it would be between Alec Gueniuess, and Harrison Ford, cant say that i agree very much with all these PT characters people are saying. sad

top 12 out of the main actors i can think of:

1. Alec Gueniuess
2. Harrison Ford
3. Laim Nelson
4. Mark Hammill
5. Ewan Mcgreggor
6. Ian Mcdarmid
7. Carrie Fisher
8. Billy Dee Williams
9. Jake Loyd
10. Samuel L. Jackson
11. Natilie Portman
12. Hayden christensen

AngryApocalypse
Natalie Portman looks cute

EHmasterJedi
yeah but were talking actors for actors right the feel you get when they deliver lines, not sex appeal, in a Star Wars movie that usually the least i care about, i mean its good but im in for the action/adventure having fun feeling.

dang the bad thing sbout this thread is you cant edit what you posted 15 mintues ago forgot about Christipher Lee he'd go right in front of Portman. mods should turn that 15 minute junk off LOL.

bluesmoke
Hey all I'm new to these boards! As far as my favorite actor goes I must chose Ewan Macgreor as number 1 then Harrison Ford 2 then Natile Portman 3.

I must say that Hayden Christanson was not made for the role of Anakin Skywalker it just doesn't fit him. But that's who Lucas chose so what can we do right?

JKozzy
Originally posted by BAILY
He is charming Koz..... More like he's a convincing character, but hey, while we're at it, why not.

[PLOP]anakin
i choose Natalie Portman. she is very good

pr1983
Hayden imo is the worst thing to happen to the new trilogy... everytime is see him i just want to beat him with a large blunt object...

Ewan McGregor was poor in Episode 1 imo, but was better in Episode 2...

Christopher Lee, James Earl Jones, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Frank Oz and Alec Guiness are my favourites...

cylob69
McDiarmid and Lee
McDiarmid will own Episode 3
His work will be looked upon as the best of the actors in all 6 movies

Im worried about Hayden after watching the tv shots and the trailer.
Im not concerened about his acting-he has the evil nailed-but that weird accent of his and the way he says his lines.....mind you it works for Christopher Walken.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by cylob69

!!! rock

need I say more?

pr1983
McDiarmid and Lee
His work will be looked upon as the best of the actors in all 6 movies

Im worried about Hayden after watching the tv shots and the trailer.
Im not concerened about his acting-he has the evil nailed-but that weird accent of his and the way he says his lines.....mind you it works for Christopher Walken.

tell me you did not just compare hayden to the greatness that is christopher walken...

Imaginary
Yeah I agree.

Mist
yoda! best actor ever big grin

cylob69
Originally posted by pr1983
tell me you did not just compare hayden to the greatness that is christopher walken...

I didnt compare his acting ABILITY to Walkens
just his way of -----saying-------his-----lines--- in-----a weird---manner

pr1983
I didnt compare his acting ABILITY to Walkens
just his way of -----saying-------his-----lines--- in-----a weird---manner

weird maybe, as effective... no...

But walken is intimidating... and scary... hayden is just so annoying... i cant believe obi wan hasnt hit him yet...

cylob69
As shown in the tragedy tv spot he has an odd way of saying his lines for sure.

Mist
sounds forced....but its only his accent.

cylob69
yeah...i like it though..its unusual

Eleonora

hayden is just so annoying... i cant believe obi wan hasnt hit him yet...

So we're suddenly confusing fiction with fact? big grin

Personally I'm surprised that so many people have chosen Natalie Portman, she's beautiful of course but I think her acting is WAY overrated.
When did she ever prove to be a good actress (don't say in "Closer" please, I've just got out of an argument about it)?
I think most of her characters were easy, although I must admit I liked her very much in Episode I.

Darth Jello
Ian McDiarmid, or Bea Arthur from the holiday special. She's a total GILF

DCLXVI
I think you meant MILF, Jello. stick out tongue

1) Ian McDiarmaid (sp?)
2) James Earl Jones (Or David Prowse - Vader wouldn't have been such a good character if he did not have that British walk....)
3) Harrison Ford
4) Sir Alec Guiness
5) Mark Hammil
6) Carrie Fisher
7) Ewan McGregor
8) Frank Oz
9) Original Boba Fett Voice Guy
10) Jimmy Smits (I loved him in NYPD: Blue....why did you have to die, Bobby! stick out tongue)

Hayden would be my second-least favourite actor, with the guy who played Jar-Jar after him....Natalie Portman would probably be around 14. wink

Force Adept
Christopher Walken should've played a Sith or somebody in the PT, if not, just somene like Grand Moff Tarkin's character. big grin

cylob69
It was rumored that Walken was first choice for Dooku

theshakl
Ewan, Hayden, Ian, Jackson, Portman, ..i'm trying to keep this episode 3....

Darth Jello
1. it was a joke
2. I meant GILF the G stands for Grandma

darthvinss
I think the best actor of all 6 movies is simply Alec Guiness, he's the man who made us dream when he talked about Anakin Skywalker etc.. he made me dream for 20 years smile

pr1983
Originally posted by Eleonora
So we're suddenly confusing fiction with fact? big grin

Personally I'm surprised that so many people have chosen Natalie Portman, she's beautiful of course but I think her acting is WAY overrated.
When did she ever prove to be a good actress (don't say in "Closer" please, I've just got out of an argument about it)?
I think most of her characters were easy, although I must admit I liked her very much in Episode I.

i don't rate portman, so please forgive me but i have no idea why you replied to my post?

Red Superfly
What about Peter Cushing? He was awesome as Moff Tarkin. Granted, he was in it for one movie, but he played that character so amazingly.

And how about Anthony Daniels? To make a performance shine through that cumbersome outfit cannot be sniffed at.

If I was to make a list of my top three Star Wars actors it would be:

1) Alec Guiness
2) Ian McDairmid
3) Peter Cushing

They made their characters their own. Cushing was absolutely vile, McDairmid oozes evil, and Guiness is just, amazing.

Eleonora
i don't rate portman, so please forgive me but i have no idea why you replied to my post?

Nope pr, only the first sentence was referred to you smile

Insomnia
Jake Loyd.

... Er- I meant Ewan. Ewan!!

Stefan Kojic
Wow, this is my best thread ever! Portman acts nice, but she doesn't get to make any movies frequently except Closer, if you can call that frequently...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.